• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me determine my type!

B

beyondaurora

What did you feel/think when you read the description of the manifestation of my husband's "S"?

Well, I'm guilty of doing all the things you mentioned your husband doing; I just don't know if to such an extent.

Does he have good direction sense? I for one have absolutely no idea which direction I'm facing; in fact, I'm usually facing the exact opposite direction I think I am. BUT, I do know the order of almost every store on Main St. and what items are in their windows, etc. And I can very clearly visualize a location at will.

What do you think of my elaboration on my possible S and N characteristics? I was hoping that might help.

B

beyondaurora

Well, I suppose the verdict is in (ISFP)...for now. I suppose that's my P preference kicking in...I may change my mind depending on any additional information I bring in. : )

Thanks all for your help!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well, I'm guilty of doing all the things you mentioned your husband doing; I just don't know if to such an extent.

Does he have good direction sense? I for one have absolutely no idea which direction I'm facing; in fact, I'm usually facing the exact opposite direction I think I am. BUT, I do know the order of almost every store on Main St. and what items are in their windows, etc. And I can very clearly visualize a location at will.

What do you think of my elaboration on my possible S and N characteristics? I was hoping that might help.

I test as very strong N, and there is no chance in hell that I'd be able to do the bolded part of your statement. I only remember fuzzy impressions of places, except for maybe places that I've been intimately familiar with for a long period of time, and even then I'm not good with the order of the houses/stores or the exact details of their appearance. So maybe this will help you put the N/S stuff in perspective?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I test as very strong N, and there is no chance in hell that I'd be able to do the bolded part of your statement. I only remember fuzzy impressions of places, except for maybe places that I've been intimately familiar with for a long period of time, and even then I'm not good with the order of the houses/stores or the exact details of their appearance. So maybe this will help you put the N/S stuff in perspective?

Yeah I've been by my Main St. hundreds of times and it's still like a foreign place to me in a way.

...but, I rarely get lost.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not sure that's type?

Personally, I can't remember location order at all, so I use directional location (mental bird's eye map view). My INFP friend is the opposite and is excellent at retracing our steps.

I think directional sense has also been tied into gender. Something like females are more likely to use landmarks and men are more likely to use NSEW/road names.

Back on topic, Beyondaurora, welcome to the boards, and don't worry (most people around here change their types all.the.time).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not sure that's type?

Personally, I can't remember location order at all, so I use directional location (mental bird's eye map view). My INFP friend is the opposite and is excellent at retracing our steps.

I think directional sense has also been tied into gender. Something like females are more likely to use landmarks and men are more likely to use NSEW/road names.

Back on topic, Beyondaurora, welcome to the boards, and don't worry (most people around here change their types all.the.time).

I wasn't referring to the sense of direction. I meant recollection of appearances and details, an activity at which I am completely inept. Perhaps it doesn't have to do with type, but for my sake I hope it does (because otherwise what excuse would I have for my terrible memory?). So yeah, Beyondaurora, take my 'advice' (if that's what you'd call it) with a grain of salt.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

You are definitely S.
An N would not know that.
All the information taken together, I also believe you are an ISFP.
Perhaps no one has ever let you know before but whenever you read a description of a certain type, it is not going to match you 100%. At best, most descriptions are about 85% accurate for me.
I am 99.9% certain that you are ISFP. You can stop questioning now. :newwink:

I have a friend who is an ISFP. She is a lovely person. :hug:

B

beyondaurora

You are definitely S.
An N would not know that.
All the information taken together, I also believe you are an ISFP.
Perhaps no one has ever let you know before but whenever you read a description of a certain type, it is not going to match you 100%. At best, most descriptions are about 85% accurate for me.
I am 99.9% certain that you are ISFP. You can stop questioning now. :newwink:

I have a friend who is an ISFP. She is a lovely person. :hug:

Thanks for the affirmation! Hopefully I won't change my mind later (all this flip-flopping between types is making me crazy!), but even if I do, I'll enjoy wearing my ISFP title for now. : )

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not sure what you mean by "change your mind" because a person's type doesn't change.
And now that you've been assessed by the professionals,
you can rest assured that we've done it correctly. :newwink:

Since you mentioned you aren't sure about your major,
are you aware of the career guidance available based on type?
Do What You Are

Good luck to you.
Hope to see you around. :hug: