• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you type me from this?

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
Hello!
I've struggling with my type for some time now. I feel like I don't answer questionnaires truthfully because I need to experience what is being asked to give a fully accurate answer. I decided to write some things about myself and hopefully you can type. Thank you in advance!

-I think I’m very introverted but for some reason other people “label” me as an ambivert.

-Most people like me. I’ve known other people like me who were bullied but for some reason people always respected me.

-I have a hard time saying no. I don’t like conflict and I lack confrontation skills.

-If I have a conflict with someone, I will think about it the whole day.

-I’m not good at expressing emotions.

-I daydream a lot.

-I want to be accurate, and sometimes I can be obsessed with details.

-I want people to be honest with me and I try to be honest with them and I’ll lie to them very rarely.

-I believe that too much freedom can be dangerous. Laws and social norms exist for a reason. Still, they are not perfect and need a lot of work.

-When making decisions I try to both ask myself if my choice makes sense and how it will impact other people.

-When a decision I have to make only impacts my life, most of the time I just choose something without thinking too much about it (this is especially true with decisions impacting my future life). Even if I make a mistake in my decision, I like to think that I learned something from it.

-I don’t regret the mistakes I have made on the past (most of them at least). There is nothing I can do to change them.

-I think I’m more open minded than most people.

-At first I thought I shouldn’t judge other people based on my own standards because actions depend on circumstances. Then I realized that by doing this I was judging myself for judging other people, and because other people by my own standards were free to do anything they wanted without me judging them, I am also justified to judge others. It was a paradox resolved when I just accepted that some things just are and should not be overthought.

-I like sci-fi and fantasy movies.

-I accept new information depending on whether it makes sense in my head or not.

-I’m good at noticing patterns of thinking or behavior on others that I see in myself. This helps me understand the motives behind them.

-Irresponsibility is one of the traits I hate most in other people and I have a lot of respect for the responsible ones.

-People often describe me as kind, funny and intelligent.

-I like connecting ideas together. I try to find truths about reality by doing this, but sometimes my thoughts can be completely detached from reality.

-I use a lot of analogies when I explain things to other people.

-I’m the worst at noticing changes in the environment. I’ll sense that something is different but I don’t know what. Sometimes I’ll notice things after they’ve been there for years.

-Although introverted, I don’t hate small talk. I’m actually glad it exists because it’s an easy way to start a conversation.

-I can be friends with anyone as long as they are not aggressive by nature.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Too "clear cut INFJ copy/paste list" you've obviously done some research, it's virtually impossible to discern whether personal attachment to the idea of being INFJ, or you're just genuinely about as stereotypically INFJ as I am from what I can see thus far...although some of these are also irrelevant or universal human things.

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
Too "clear cut INFJ copy/paste list" you've obviously done some research, it's virtually impossible to discern whether personal attachment to the idea of being INFJ, or you're just genuinely about as stereotypically INFJ as I am from what I can see thus far...although some of these are also irrelevant or universal human things.

I'm almost 100% sure I'm either an INTP or INFJ. I've been studying the functions but Ni and Ti still look very similar to me and I still don't know which one I use most. Also I don't see a lot of Fe in myself, but for some reason almost every time I post "type me" threads in MBTI forums people tell me I have high Fe. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I'm almost 100% sure I'm either an INTP or INFJ. I've been studying the functions but Ni and Ti still look very similar to me and I still don't know which one I use most. Also I don't see a lot of Fe in myself, but for some reason almost every time I post "type me" threads in MBTI forums people tell me I have high Fe. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer.

This part is exactly like me, actually...I believed I was an INTP and was interacting on PerC, but as I continued interacting with the same folks repeatedly, they started seeing "higher than Inferior Fe." Eventually, one that I was talking to more frequently started insisting on F. I recall this sort of "AHA!" moment in which this person and I were discussing it and suddenly I saw everything fit across my entire life including childhood, all the pieces just connected and I had literally 0 points to create a counter-argument against INFJ typing. I hadn't seen things in childhood with any other type I considered. Even still though, sometimes I'm just like, "My Fe? Where?" But I relate to Ni/Se more, and Se is definitely my Achilles Heel which I knew even when mistyped, that's another thing that helps...looking for the inferior function.

Not sure if this will be of any help...
"It is important to recognize that feeling should not be equated with irrationality. Indeed, Jung went out of his way to ensure that thinking and feeling were approached on equal grounds, classifying both as 'rational' functions. Jung also took care to distinguish the feeling function from emotions, essentially saying that the feeling function is charged with evaluating emotions." -Dr. A.J. Drenth "My True Type"

Your initial "type me" post up there is more INFJ than INTP, so if you're 100% sure that it's only one of those two...INFJ. Ni/Ti seems to be a common mix up for people in the beginning, but I recommend Damon Grey for function studies. I absolutely love him, his videos are rather clear and eye opening IMO. He's a certified practitioner that tries to stick with more official resources and refers back to sources in his videos.