• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Procrastinate From Studying For Finals By Debating My Enneagram!

What's my enneagram?

• 6w7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6w5

• sp/so

• so/sp

• Other?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. I'm fairly content with typing as a 613, but I am having difficulty deciding if 6w5 or 6w7 fits me better (phobic if it makes a difference to you). Currently, I'm typing as a 6wb 1w9 3w4 sp/so, though I'm even considering 3 as a core type as this point. I'm very open to other ideas and suggestions if anyone has them since other types have been suggested before. Feel free to ask questions, I tried not to write a novel this time.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I don't really know, I'm just an uncertain person? To be honest, this is probably the best I've felt about my typing in a long time enneagram wise at least, it's just the 5 and 7 thing that's throwing me off. I'm aware that I'm a very contained person, and now that I'm in college things are starting to even out and I'm discovering things about myself that I hadn't known before and now I'm questioning myself again.

Idk, both 7w6 and 5w6 have been suggested for my core type before as well as sp/so and so/sp (and sp/sx once).

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
For a baseline I guess, I'm very restless. When I am alone and not paying attention to anything at all, nothing is still. My mind is winding around some problem or idea, I'm moving around cleaning the dishes or skipping around the house lost in thought or doing something. It's very difficult for me to just sit down and do nothing and actually clear my head. Emotionally I have a tendency towards neutrality, anxiety, or depression (though that's probably because of actually depression). I notice my mind tends to run in circles generally if I'm not actively focusing on something.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?

Terrible? That's hyperbole I suppose, it could be worse. I'm almost not sure how to describe what it's like to be me because I'm so ambivalent about things. Imagine never really feeling strongly about things or desiring things or walking through life in a fog where you're not really noticing anything and you'll get what it's like to be me. Being me is feeling like you're one step behind things all the time. It's almost as if I'm not directly interacting with the world to some degree, it's sort of odd.

b. What have others said about you?
Others have said that I am very easy to read, but very private and impersonal. I'm frequently referred to as "the nice one who could probably beat the crap out of you" or the naive one. I've been called both excessively optimistic and pessimistic. Blunt, excessively formal/tense, and very unaware of what's going on socially or just generally regarding people or culture or relationships.

c. What do you think of yourself?
I'll just be brief, my self esteem is stuck in the depths of hell. If I tried to actually write something it'd be heavily biased towards this and innacurate, so I won't

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one
I guess the two biggest ones are being behind and apathy.

With the being behind thing, I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly why, but I'm always a bit behind when it comes to obtaining information and reaching milestones. I'm not really attentive to the world around me (maybe due to some self obsession I fail to recognize, maybe just because my world is slightly more interesting) I tend to take things at my own place, and I'm not very linear/organized. In the end, this sort of causes me to come across as naive to society and isolation-y. Even when I try to be attentive, I still don't know what's going on with other people, I don't know what's going on culturally (or even what my culture is tbh), and I'm not sure I really care all that much. And with other milestones, silly things like crawling or learning how to swim, ride your bike, or drive a car, I either skip/rush past them, or fail to reach them at all without force or more time than it takes others.

With the apathy thing, I really have very few desires for myself and very few strong feelings in general. Yeah, of course things in the world make me frustrated and I have always considered myself a conduit for positive change, but in the end I really feel very little for anything or anyone at all and have to force myself to be interested in things sometimes. There are a couple exceptions (ie I've always been motivated to learn because I love that and I'm achievement oriented), but in the end I wish I was a more passionate individual rather then someone who just spread their interests out thin because they felt very little affinity towards anything at all.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

Both the same answers; decisiveness, linear thinking, organization, and maybe a relaxed nature. I overthink everything and tend to think myself in circles most of the time, so there's that. I've tried very hard to become organized and planned because I know it'd make life easier but I guess I'm lazy or just... Not organized? So it just hasn't worked, I'm a mess. And relaxed... Yeah I'm not and likely never will be.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I tend to leave friends because I am uncomfortable with the relationship itself or because I'm irritated with the other person. I tend to get overwhelmed with people at times and frequently get the urge to "start from scratch," so sometimes withdrawing from people seems like the safest route to take.

People tend to withdraw from me because I'm too private or come off too uninterested. I'm not incredibly easy to relate with because I just don't attach myself to things and I tend to put work before others, so people get bored with me or dissatisfied with my behavior. People tend to get this idealistic version of myself in their minds and believe that I'm innocent or that I'm super caring and people oriented, but in the end I'm really not and people find this disappointing since I don't put as much work into relationships as others expect me to. Contrastingly, I also get a lot of energy from others at times, especially when we are being active or playing games, and I sort of loose my typical control. My optimism and energy can overwhelm others when I don't control it.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
5, 6, 7, 1, 9 and 3... So 2/3 of the types. I'll focus of 5, 6, and 7 since I'm in between the three. I'll gladly elaborate though if anyone needs that or thinks I'm not a 6.

a. How do you relate to these types?
5: I have a lot of difficulty orienting myself in the real world. It feels like everything around me moves too fast for me to handle and that I'm missing something important. When stressed, I tend to research things to death to try to understand them and draw connections in attempts to deal and understand them. I'm naturally a researcher and a fairly good problem solver (as long as it's not my problems lol). I'm heavily withdrawn and spend too much time in my head or in solitude playing with ideas and compartmentalizing things. I fear I will be useless and incapable.

6: This isn't the first questionaire I've filled out and likely not the last. I'm incredibly ambivalent and am one of the most indecisive people you'll ever meet. I'm a maybe person who spins themselves in circles with possibilities. I'm very fearful and nervous most of the time, and I'd being lying if I said I wasn't paranoid. I trust myself just about as much as I trust everyone else, which is very little. I fear fear itself and try to avoid it when I can. I'm very controlled and like being in control.

7: At my best I'm very optimistic and filled to the brim with energy. While I'm quite hesitant, I love trying new things and exploring the world around me. I'm naturally curious and just as naturally scattered. I'm somewhat spontaneous and work best with general knowledge that I can play around with a make my own connections with. I'm restless and tend to avoid stress and problems with activity and movement. I fear physical pain and hate feeling like I'm trapped and closed in.

b. How do you NOT relate to them?
5: My personality isn't that dark, I'm not exactly what I'd describe as a planer and I don't obsess over information. I can't imagine hoarding information to become more powerful over others, though maybe powerful in the sense of dealing with the real world. I somewhat require validation and I don't trust my own mind and the conclusions it comes to most of the time, even when they're correct.

6: I'm not loyal. I'm not exactly disloyal either, but the idea of attaching myself to things and others makes me nauseous. I'm somewhat flaky and avoidant of commitment. I don't have a huge issue with authority, I can usually bend my behavior to deal with anyone I need to and get my way if I really want to. I don't fear the unknown and I'm rather drawn to uncertainty strangely enough.

7: I'm not a hedonist and I'm not a risk taker at all. I pride myself in my self control and I'm super hesitant. Even though I'm optimistic, I feel like that's mostly compulsive. I can be very critical and depressing to be around since I take very little pleasure in my existence. I'm very disciplined and diligent, and 7 just doesn't seem to come across that way at all.

7. Which types are least like you?
8. I can relate to all other types to some degree except 8. Maybe to some degree 4 and 2 but... idk more than 8

a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
8: I'm not aggressive at all and I have no problem controlling my anger. I'm slow to action and even slower to decision. I'm not passive but I'm not assertive either, tending to manipulate the background rather than force my way through things. I'm not forceful and I don't know what I want. I'm not lustful either.

b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

I'm somewhat dominant and I do really well in leadership positions. I love being in control. I can have quite a temper sometimes if you burn out my fuse well enough, and I'm very protective and reactive when I notice others are unconformable or I'm uncomfortable. Being vulnerable is terrifying.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
In the traditional sense, I desire to make a connection with someone that allows me to be fully open without feeling vulnerable and afraid. I want to feel as though I am worth something to someone, and I want them to feel the same. In a more nontraditional sense, I desire to find something that I am passionate about, that I do love. I want to feel something strongly, to have a reason to move forward. Not necessarily dedication wise, just generally.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
Briefly, my superego is very strong. My superego tells me to be more quiet, to not be a burden on others, to not ask others for help because you should be capable of doing most things on your own. It tells me that everything is simple when you look at things as a whole and that I shouldn't struggle with much. When I do, "I'm stupid." I should care about people more, I should care about myself more.

I didn't answer the rest of the questionnaire because... I'm studying for finals... And also it looked redundant.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
.... Bump?