• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me? (Type me!)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But I'm so lame!

Aww, thanks. Yeah, I don't really take type very seriously. And lol, I appreciate the typing anyway.

Um, excuse me?! ISFP's are the shit! If you're being typed as so, you are the shit. Come join our shit storm. :fiesta:

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, that makes sense now. So you're saying a 4 would have at least level one figured out and a 9 would still be at ground zero? It's true that I did have sort of an idea at first, but it was more like me trying on different suits until I found the right one that fit best. And then I'd customize it as I go.

Actually, that does sound a lot like my sister. The thing with her is that she's always talked about not having a real identity, but it never really bothered her. At least as much as it would with me, since I know that would be the bane of my existence. I'd be searching frantically for that something that can be used symbolically for myself, as that's what gives me a reason to live. I'm not sure if my sister is an sx first, but I know she at least has it second in her stacking.

Sometimes I wonder if we make this WAY more complicated than it is.

You've got it. And you put it so much more concisely than I did too! I have no idea why I said the same thing like 20 different ways in my post tbh.

Ah, yeah sx 9 is the one that's excruciatingly aware of the depth of their emptiness, hence the troubling aspect. So that might be why she just kind of goes with it since she's either sp/sx or so/sx.

Lol, oh, we totally do. But it's ok, we are fabulous while doing so because:

0e45adaa142c44801687249d81813fe9.gif

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good to see ya Lady Laz!! I’ll try to go back and actually give a response if I’m able to form an opinion haha

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 seems spot on for you give the questionnaire and my understanding of enneatypes lol
Probably social last too. sx/sp is giving you that intensity and outsider-ness people are attributing to 4 and 5 I think.

erijon3

ISFP my ass, a definite NF here.

And I'd say I and J (though I'm not sure about those).

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This may not be very helpful since so many people have already said the same thing but ISFP does fit almost perfectly. All your answers are super Fi and the "always feeling one with the environment" thing has to be Se, it wouldn't apply to an INFP since having high Ne (and low sensing) leaves little scope for being in touch with your surroundings (i can vouch for that lol).
I'm still sorta new to enneagram so i'll refrain from trying my hand at that one XD

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP my ass, a definite NF here.

And I'd say I and J (though I'm not sure about those).

i'm asking out of curiosity, are you familiar with the cognitive functions?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't read my novel PD, it's just like Twilight.

Yeah, I think my emotional stuff is mostly in the realms of anger and anxiety though. Once a long time ago I told my sister I was a peacemaker and she laughed at me! I don't relate to that e9 archetype of "peacemaker" at all, but someone suggested that's because I have a line to counterphobia. When I do act like a pushover I obsess over it and I feel like I can't be fine until I "redeem" myself to myself. So basically that 5% counterphobia link won't let me exist comfortably, it's fun. I do get tired of fighting though and am in the end perhaps too willing to sue for peace. I also think fighting over certain things is stupid and too much work so I will let them go. Anyway, I think "seeker" would be a better title for e9 but they apparently just named every type after their coping mechanism.

I actually think being depressed during the 2 year phase of catatonia helped me learn not to be so dramatic, as bad as that sounds lol. Before that I was more like that. So now I'm not usually like that but I still generally have trouble controlling my emotions too well. But right now I'm more inbetween the overly emotional of before depression and the flat, zombie quality of depression. As I mentioned in one of our convos before, I don't really indentify with the indifference a lot of 9's exhibit. It's more like I usually don't know how to express some things.

But I also think it's because my stronger emotions tend to be "disembodied" and almost guttural. I don't have the refinement you guys have, I'm more basic and I also think I hold these values almost instinctively because I don't understand myself or who I am.

But yeah, I do think it's my second strongest fix because I relate to the head triad types least of all. The way I exist seems so different from the way they do.

Thank you for the typing, you mentioned some really insightful things.

From my understanding, all of the types in the 469 tritype are seekers but I think 9 most seeks with an inclination to existence itself. For example, for me, procuring my identity would make it possible for me to consistently even exist for myself even before it would make it possible to consistently orient myself in the world. So it's like someone cut my tether to my self more than someone pushed me really far away from my self but my tether remained. And the act of finding a calling as a way to find oneself kind of feels more like it carries the implication of even a vauge sense of an identity (preferences for example) whereas for a 9 I think even the vaugest sense of that is abscent. In other words, I feel like 4's do have some sense of who they are and it is just significantly developed and refined through things like what you mentioned. I think I may have misunderstood some of 4's problems as meaning that vauge starting point implied an almost excessively defined self though I guess that's not true. I guess it's malliable and not necessarily exact, but, it feels more coherent than any way a 9 could be before integration. So it's like 9's don't even realize there's a line to cross or that they're people and sometimes it feels like they've forgotten they even exist. So it's like 9's seek answers to find out that they are by finding out how they are then they can actually move into realizing there's a line and crossing it. (I feel like I moved too far from the point...)

I don't know if it's also because I'm an sx 9? (Unless you're sister is also an sx 9) Because in order to make real connections with people, you have to be authentic with them and similarly, you have to be an individual.

[MENTION=35920]Ixaerus[/MENTION]

Here you go, I think these are the posts that most directly address why I type as a 9.
Though scanning them now, they seem largely personal in nature and possibly hard to follow. If you're interested I can try to explain on a somewhat less personal and more cohesive note (also one that doesn't contain misinformation about 4's in terms of "having a strong sense of identity"). Something that would be more what you seem to be looking for.