• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me again please? (Questionnaire)

danthemanklein

I did the first questionnaire a couple weeks ago on this post (9th post, btw): What type do you guys think I am?

I didn't get anymore responses, but I figured it'd be nice to see some more answers and insights. Normally, I don't like to bump threads or keep asking the same question because I figure some people would get annoyed, but every once in a while doesn't seem so bad. Also, when typing and giving out the cognitive functions/Enneagram, don't be afraid to give me some examples and elaborate (if you want). It'd be really helpful to me because I'm still trying to figure out my type and don't want to choose a type that may not be me, if that makes sense.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm fine for now. Thanks for asking. ;)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I'll get instantly annoyed and impatient, but I won't say anything cause that'll be pretty rude. Although, I might get a little worried for missing the show. Sometimes, I tend to forget that things happen for a reason, even I didn't want them to or don't like them. As for the car breaking down, I might think of solutions to come up with the problem.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I might get concerned with their intentions, but I will also think that there is a possibility that they won't drink (and if they do, they'll only get one or two). I wouldn't mind if my driver was getting a couple drinks, as long as they're sober enough to drive. However, if they made a promise not to drink, then I might have to watch them just in case. I usually don't trust people, but I don't think they're always untrustworthy either. It depends on the person.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

It really depends on the topic at hand. Sometimes, I'll listen and get interested, but sometimes I might get annoyed or ask questions for curiosity. I usually don't like to debate with people, especially if it's with politics and the person I'm debating is petty with their opinions. At the end of the day, I'm still gonna have my beliefs and opinions. I wish some people would just agree to disagree.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It depends on the experience. If it's on Facebook where I saw a smug-like political post, I might get this slight impulse of annoyance, but I won't debate. Instead, I'll just go to the comments under the post and only upvote the comments I agree. I know that sounds petty, but it didn't really matter when it was 2016 and all I could see were smug-like political posts (and this goes for both sides, btw).

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Respect, Friendship, Loyalty, Success/Achievement, Progress, Understanding, Fun, Friends, Family, Good movies/tv shows/games/food, Music, Talent, My hobbies, Honesty, Trust, Kindness, Good conversations, My daydreams, Authority that's trustworthy, Learning, Rules, Nostalgia, and probably a bunch of other things I can't think of at the moment, lol.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I don't know, I've always thought that we're all different from each other, but when it all waters down, we're pretty much the same. When I first got into this personality thing, it was very interesting to me how different and similar I could be from someone else. I was definitely different in grade school. Some kids were just assholes, but I tried my best to be kind to other people. However, it was very hard to be kind to the people that either bullied me or was just flat out nasty to me.

b) When I was younger, I wished I was more outgoing simply because I didn't always have the confidence to speak up. I was a very active kid in elementary school, but 5th grade rolled around (which was an awesome year, btw) and I met my two bullies that terrorized me in middle school, especially one that nobody really liked. This caused me to become a lot more shy than I already was. However, as time went on in high school, I became more confident in being outgoing, but it's only with people I'm comfortable with. In fact, I became content with being reserved.

I also wish I wasn't so lazy sometimes. I wish I could just get things done, especially in a quick environment like WalMart, but sometimes it's not as easy.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I don't always get gut feelings, but when I do, it depends. Sometimes they're right, other times, they're not. They might trigger when I'm alone in a room and I can hear somebody's footsteps come into the direction of the room I'm in, I can assume they might want something from me, like chores, or they might go into the other room. I might think of a few other things as well.

It's also triggered when I post an opinion on Facebook and I get a notification that somebody commented on my post. If it's the same two people that get defensive when somebody has a different opinion or belief, then my gut feeling might say they want a debate. If it's from different individuals, I might think they'll want to either agree, disagree or have a debate. The debate could go either way too.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) I like to watch TV or a movie, listen to music, go outside for a walk or shoot hoops, Sport Stacking, drawing, watch YouTube videos or even make one (like stacking, creating a mashup, or maybe talking about my current interests), play video games, work out, daydream about random things, look up things on the Internet I'm interested in and learning, sometimes, I'll read a book, write, or take a shower if I haven't yet. If I'm hungry, having a good meal could energize me, but it's important to eat anyway. Sometimes, chores will get me energized if I'm working alone while listening to music.

b) Work (don't get me wrong, a job is very important to have, but the job I have can drain me in some ways), chores (sometimes), school sometimes drained me, but definitely not always, crowded places (if I'm there for too long), too much physical activity, too much resting (which makes me even more drained), obsessing over things in general.

Generally, if I'm alone, then it's pretty easy for me to distract myself when I'm bored.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

For my internal thought process, I don't know, my thoughts will tend to jump around wherever it wants to, especially if I'm daydreaming. I think it all depends when I'm talking to someone, like it's probably different. As for my outward behavior, that depends. It also depends with the people I'm with. I tend to show my happiness and annoyance more than anything else. Sometimes, I'll get angry or agitated and snap without second thought, but if I know if I had done something wrong to somebody, I'll always apologize no matter what. It's definitely the right thing to do.

EDIT: Got rid of the second one because the first seemed to be better.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just so you know, I haven't read any of your previous threads, so I'm reading your questionnaires with fresh eyes.

How do you feel about the ISF types--ISFJ and ISFP? Do either of those resonate with you?

danthemanklein

Just so you know, I haven't read any of your previous threads, so I'm reading your questionnaires with fresh eyes.

How do you feel about the ISF types--ISFJ and ISFP? Do either of those resonate with you?

I'm not too sure, to be honest. The only way I can tell you is if you can give me some examples. Also, does this help as well?

- My name is Daniel, but you can call me Dan or Danny. I’m 22 and I’m new to MBTI and Enneagram. I’ve known about these topics for about a couple of months.
- The Enneagram types I related to the most were 4, 9, 6, and 5. As for MBTI, I’m still learning about cognitive functions and I’m still trying to figure out my type.
- My interests are Sport Stacking, music (classic/indie rock, metal, punk, hip hop, and mashups are my favorite genres), video games, drawing painting, and creating music mashups.
- I have a YouTube channel dedicated to Sport Stacking. It’s where you stack twelve cups in predetermined sequences as fast as you can without messing up. I’m on Team USA and I’ve been doing it for over a decade. I’ve met some amazing people throughout the journey.
- I’m quite shy, reserved, private, and quiet for the most part. I never really fitted in to any particular group at school. I was the weird kid who would get picked on and bullied every day during middle school. I started to have terrible social anxiety because of it. High school was a little better, I was able to make acquaintances and a couple friends just fine, but still had some issues.
- I prefer to form my own opinions and stances. I don’t like to argue or debate, but if I choose to, I usually try to be unbiased and not criticize, even though sometimes people’s opinions can annoy me. Although, I don’t really care too much if someone has a different opinion than me, they have a right to disagree. If I don’t have a full opinion or stance on something, I won’t judge it, but I might have some sort of impression, if that makes sense.
- My favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Tame Impala, Gorillaz, Linkin Park, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Evanescence, Kendrick Lamar, Jhene Aiko, Cold War Kids, Young the Giant, Radiohead, The Beatles, Cage the Elephant, DJs From Mars, and DJ Earworm.
- I daydream and introspect constantly. I have a lot of fantasies that surround my inner worlds, and I tend to switch back and forth between my inner world and outer world, kinda like Calvin and Hobbes.
- I like to live in my head a lot. Living too much in the past, present or future could get me either depressed or stressed depending on the situation and how I'm feeling.
- I’m really into The End of the F***ing World, something about that show is so good. The writing is phenomenal. I also like Stranger Things, Black Mirror (my favorite), Always Sunny, Evangelion, and Rick and Morty.
- As a kid, I really enjoyed art. I would draw all the time, and loved using my imagination.
- I used to play Jak and Daxter, Smash Bros, all the James Bond and Star Wars games as a kid. I also enjoy Overwatch, Undertale, Skyrim, Fallout, and a little bit of Call of Duty.
- As for movies, the closest movie I can say that is my favorite is Pulp Fiction (so good).
- I have High Functioning Autism (a secret I tend to keep from most people), and things can get very overwhelming sometimes. When there’s a problem I’m facing internally, I tend to dwell, obsess, and perseverate on it. Sometimes, I’ll dwell about certain things that have happened in the past. I feel like I’m trapped and can’t get out. The only way to calm me down is to sit down, relax, and listen to some music. It takes a while for me to calm down, but it’ll pass. It’s almost like a passing thunderstorm, if that makes sense.
- I’m a very curious, yet cautious person. I’ll sometimes get a bit impulsive, but I don’t really like to take risks.
- I like soft blankets.
- I currently work at Walmart and it can be a pain a lot of the time. What I love most about the job is that I work in Lawn and Garden, and I’ll be at peace. Being outside and not having to deal with too many customers is pretty soothing to me. What I dislike the most is the register up front. Too much commotion and noise goes on and sometimes you’ll get that one nasty customer that blames their small problems on you, which would easily ruin my day.
- I only have a few friends, and I’m comfortable with that. I don’t go out that often and usually get most of my energy when I’m alone. However, I do value the time I spend with my family and friends. I just don’t like staying in crowded places for too long. I also like to go out for walks every once in a blue moon.
- I get anxious when meeting new people, but I’m better at it now.
- When I'm hanging out with a group with people, I prefer to stay quiet. I like one-on-one interaction and hate being the center of attention most of the time; it gets uncomfortable.
- I used to jump around and run as a kid. Although, I have to be in the mood for any physical activity. I was never into playing sports, but I liked watching them.
- I also like to work out, even though I’m a stick, haha.
- My parents think I can be idealistic and realistic, but more idealistic, which is pretty true for the most part.
- I love animals, they’re so cool.
- I’ve never been to parties (except maybe one), and I’ve never been in a fight.
- I like going to concerts, but I can't stand loud noise.
- I don't talk or text people very often. I spend most of my time on the Internet. Although, I kind of used to hang out with friends a bit more than I do now.
- I’m a little sensitive to criticism. I’m even more sensitive when somebody yells at me, especially if they’re criticizing me.
- I didn't talk at all until the age of 3, but the first thing I have ever learned was the alphabet and numbers.
- My parents say that I have a dreamer personality. They also said I was very bright eyed as a newborn.
- I tend to remember certain details, such as people's names, faces, date of births, etc. I used to have a better memory for those details as a kid then I do now.

danthemanklein

To answer your question (from a while back, lol). I would say that I reasonate more with ISFP (or even INFP). Just IxFP in general. [MENTION=36762]Alice in Blunderland[/MENTION]

danthemanklein

Anyone???

Btw, here's a better questionnaire (in my opinion):

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I would instantly feel shocked and terrible once I would hear about the news. I just couldn’t believe what would be happening. I would probably be so upset to the point of feeling so vulnerable to the situation. I would feel so terrible for my SO to have such a disease. I couldn’t even imagine what that must be like, but I can only imagine that it must be extremely painful for them. I know it would just kill me inside to see them like that. If there was somebody I know that I love dearly that had stage 4 cancer, I would immediately be shocked, then conflicted and horrified, leading to sadness and possibly depression simply because they mean so much to me and I wouldn’t know exactly how to react to a situation like that.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

I’d probably be crying, upset, shaky, like I wouldn’t know what to do anymore. I know if I was this close to somebody, that’s probably how I would react. Like, I would just know that it would be very difficult for me to handle. Even though I’ve never been in that situation before, I just know it wouldn’t be pleasant for me.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I tell him that I’ll be more than willing to help him with the material, but not the test itself because that would pretty much feel like cheating.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

I think it’s important to help someone out if they’re struggling. However, if it’s focused on a test that you’re supposed to do yourself, then I would much rather do the right thing like going over the material we’ve learned in class, than to help them cheat, such as going over the test. However, I do think it’s good that they don’t want to see my answers. If they did, I would immediately have said no.

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

I do not mind if someone comes over to me for help because I know if I was in their situation, I would want somebody to help me as well. I could care less if we’re not even that close, but if I trust you enough, then yes, I would be more than willing to help. Even if it’s open book, I would rather give someone the knowledge, then to give them the answers, cause that just wouldn’t feel right if I just straight up gave them the answers.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

This scenario was very hard to understand because of how vague it was, but if I really had to guess, I would choose Project 2 simply because It’s easier and if I have any questions, I can always ask for help or clarification. I like to work alone most of the time because it gives me time to finish the job faster, I will feel free to do whatever I want, and there won’t be any interruptions.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

It depends on whether I want to choose Project 1 or 2 because both seem alright with me, but Project 2 seemed a bit easier simply because working alone, or with two or three more people is much more comfortable with me. However, I can understand why Project 1 needs more people involved, since working on that alone would be a complete nightmare. I don’t always mind working in a group, as long as we get the job done. It would be nice to lead the way for once though, but that would seem hard for me.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

I’d mainly be the one listening because I’m not too comfortable talking to groups of people and would prefer a one-on-one conversation. However, I would also listen to other people’s ideas and see where they would go. If I had a cool idea on my own, I would definitely share it. If no one else has any idea, I would try to come up with my own just to get the project going. I would also be skeptical to any criticism that comes my way because I take things too personal sometimes, but I would also think it’s important to listen.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

It would depend on the people I’m grouped up with. If it’s with people I’m comfortable with, I’ll be able to speak up more than with people I’m not familiar with simply because I used to have horrible social anxiety. However, it’s definitely a lot better now, but I’ll still be a bit more quiet either way. As for ideas, I do like hearing other people’s ideas, as it energizes me more than talking, and I would definitely be more than happy to share my ideas with the group and see if works with the group.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

Quite a few activities come to mind. Mostly relaxing/chilling. I like to watch Netflix/YouTube videos, Sport Stacking, drawing, get on Ableton to create some music mashups, listening to music, and doing some creative writing.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Definitely daydreaming. Sometimes I like to go into my own little worlds and just imagine myself being a 007 agent, or a big actor/rock star, or just my regular self as the main character in his own show. If I listen to music, I’ll usually daydream a music video, sometimes even a scenario within that music video, or I might even get so lost in thought that I would forget I was listening to music.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

Artist, Musician, and Actor.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

Pretty easy because the first thing I saw was “artist,” and thought, “yes, I’m definitely going with this as well as musician.”

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

Artist and Musician mattered the most to me simply because I was so draw to both art and music as a child and I’m still drawn to them both as of right now. Actor was the third because I would always daydream myself as a famous actor and wonder what it must be like behind a camera, pretending to be a different person with a different personality. I also daydream of being a musician, but I’ve been practicing guitar recently and I quite like it.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

The main things that stood out to me first was the brightness/sunlight that illuminated through the darkness, and the green tress that stood below it.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

I felt that the green trees looked pretty lonely and wonder if they’ll ever see the time of day, despite having some sunlight. Now, the first thing I thought of when I first saw it was, “Wow, that’s a nice picture.” I like looking at pictures that look artsy to me.

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

I felt like this picture was a bit too dim than what I’m used to. I like to look at pictures that are abstract or have bright colors, or a beautiful scenery because they’re usually the ones that stand out to me the most.

(To see the picture it was talking about: click here!)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Reads like ISFJ 9 with a 6 influence and causing low grade anxiety symptoms.

963 I feel. Though since all those types integrate/disintegrate into each other THAT could be why I get 6 and 9 vibes- especially since you do seem sort of stressed by things you are dissatisfied with in yourself- could cause some dipping to 6.

But thats my read for now. ISFJ 963.

danthemanklein

Reads like ISFJ 9 with a 6 influence and causing low grade anxiety symptoms.

963 I feel. Though since all those types integrate/disintegrate into each other THAT could be why I get 6 and 9 vibes- especially since you do seem sort of stressed by things you are dissatisfied with in yourself- could cause some dipping to 6.

But thats my read for now. ISFJ 963.
Thanks, but I've already decided on my type and it's definitely not ISFJ. Have you read my other post? Here it is: What type do you guys think I am?