• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, masters of typology

Amberiat

Infinity
Hey there! First, I'd like to begin by quoting a post of mine from a different thread in which I try to describe myself a little bit, the wording is a bit weird but I tried to go along with the flow of the thread.

The entity also known as Amberiat tends to be quite contradictory and confusing to both himself and the outside world, he is very social by nature and enjoys meeting new people, although he spends a decent amount of time alone because some of his hobbies are not group-oriented, he loves learning as much as he can and he is obsessed with puzzles and mystery stories, he enjoys reading and playing video games every now and then.

Loves learning about others and their experiences but tends to avoid sharing too much real information about himself. Likes listening to others problems and giving advice because it makes him feel useful and in control, can be overbearing at times. He can generally get along with anybody if he wants to and has a big circle of acquaintances, he loves hanging out with others and going to parties, he's very friendly and is quick to try and get himself involved with others even if he doesn't know them.

He has very high standards for himself and is very critical of his own work, despite being a very confident individual his unreasonable standards cause him to doubt himself all the time, the downside to this is that he is prone to overthinking basically anything, the upside is that he can find faults in his own plans that he can fix, sometimes he can be quite impulsive.

He is very observant and insightful, but focuses too much on other people, despite usually being ahead of others in any situation he falls behind when it comes to himself and has a hard time understanding himself.

He is also quite vain even if he does not like to admit it, he enjoys being at the center of attention and being admired by others, can dress really well when he tries to and he likes accessories, he is especially fond of elegant watches.

Phew. To be honest I'm not very good at describing myself. As I've said above I don't really know my personality very well, and I also believe my own opinion of myself would be too biased to be accurate/reliable, I did avoid making it too detailed, thus minimizing the bias in my description. I also tried to avoid describing how I believe others see me too much because I'm not confident the information would be accurate.

I know it's kind of short and it definitely doesn't give a comprehensive image of my personality but it was kind of fun to try and write about it since I don't spend that much time thinking about how I work.

What I would like to add is that I have strong opinions which I tend to defend (although I back off if I see the other party getting way too worked up and uncomfortable), I try to preserve group harmony but I don't let myself get stepped on all the time for it, I am however guilty of tolerating way too much while keeping my anger suppressed, which becomes a huge mess later when I finally let it all out. I like expressing fake opinions on subjects to mess with people (opinions that contradict theirs) people that know me pretty well notice this and get frustrated because they already understand that my real opinion is different or that I don't even care about said subject at all.

I also try to pay attention to what's going around me at all times, however, should I lose focus for a second then I get lost in my head, half of the time I'm thinking about about real life problems trying to figure out what to do/what's going to happen if I do x and y etc. the other half of the time is spent creating stories in my head, stories that have me and sometimes other people I know involved in them in one way or another. When this happens I stop paying attention to other people or other things that are around me and I can do some pretty dumb stuff, miss things that are right in front of me, trip over something, bump into other people and so on, although this doesn't happen often because like I said I try to keep myself focused on what's going on as much as I can because I don't want to miss any details, I'm usually pretty quick to notice things and I especially pay attention to how others act, their body language and how they speak, I try to read people and use whatever I can to do that as a fun mental exercise, not to mention it's always good to be "on top of things" so there are practical advantages to doing that too, even if it can be quite tiring at times because you need to interpret a ton of information on the spot (that's exactly what makes it so fun though!)

I have been told I'm a good listener, when I see someone feeling bad I always try to get them to talk about whatever is stressing them out with me and I try to offer emotional support, if they appear interested I also try to help them find ways to solve their problems, I can be a bit pushy though, sort of pressuring others into sharing something they might not want to share with me, I have only been called out on this a few times but I feel like I do it pretty often.

I also see myself as somewhat unethical, I don't avoid doing certain things just because they are considered "bad", as long as said things help me achieve what I'm trying to achieve, whether it is helping myself or helping others. I just look for the most efficient solution and act on it, even if it crosses certain moral standards. It's worth mentioning I haven't done anything "bad" for personal gain per se, at least not so far, I've only crossed the line when I've felt threatened or when I felt like other people close to me were threatened. On that topic, I want to mention that I don't have any real "close" relationships from my point of view at least because trusting others is very hard for me, I do have a wide social circle and I try to protect and help all of the people that I accept in that big circle regardless of how long I've known them and as long as I like someone a little they are already in that circle, it's pretty easy to enter but even easier to get kicked out, I guess. Another negative point of mine is that when I don't like someone or if I feel they've treated me wrong I try to make them look like a bad person in whatever way I can and (subtly) make others cut ties with them, even if they were good friends before. This is one of the things I hate about myself the most. :(

Well, I guess this is about it then, I'll point out the fact that my enneagram type is most likely 3w2(although it's very close to 2w3), I'm pretty sure it's one of these two though. Instinctual variant is probably so/sp or so/sx, although I'm not too sure on that.

If there's anything you're not certain about or if you have any new questions that might give you a better understanding of myself then please, do ask! I'm also better at answering questions that have a certain scenario playing out, I'm good at explaining what I would do in x and y situation and what my though process would be, so those questions are probably the best course of action!

Thank you to anyone that reads this and tries to help! :bye:

Amberiat

Infinity
I have also completed a few questionnaires, hopefully this makes things a little bit easier!

1. How do you respond to clingy people?

I try to tolerate them but I definitely act much colder with them than I would with others.

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?

Deep purple, I think.

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?

Hell no.

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?

Depends on the person and how attracted I am to her in general, mostly outgoing though.

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?

I haven't and I'm not planning to, either.

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?

That sounds kinda weird, I wouldn't do that either.

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it?

Eye contacts, wig, maybe a fake beard and clothes that are different from what I usually wear.

8. Name a city that best represents your personality.

I'm not sure so I'll just name one of my favorite cities that I want to visit in the near future: Tokyo.

Next questionnaire, this one is pretty long:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Probably my versatility.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Success and knowledge. I want to have money so that I can live comfortably in this world, I want achievement and recognition, I don't care that much about fame but I want to be admired and looked up to by the people who know me and I want to have knowledge in order to have greater insight and control of what's around me.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I've never felt like I was at my "finest" there's always room for improvement and looking up to an image of myself from years ago would mean that not only I've stopped evolving but decayed. I'm always trying to improve so the me each new day is what I would say is my best.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don't really feel inferior, I'm quite confident in myself.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I try to take all variables into consideration, including my own feelings. I mostly rely on pros and cons though, my feelings and other people are equal in second place after that, unless I have an ulterior motive in which case other people are prioritised. This question is pretty difficult because it's all very situational so I dunno.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

It depends on how important said project is, if it isn't really important to me then I just hang around in the background helping out and leading things in the right direction. If it's very important to me personally then I take charge and make sure I control everything because I don't want to trust others who can potentially mess things up.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

This one is very recent, it happened only a week ago so the memory is very fresh. We were at a friends house outside the city and threw a party which involved plenty of alcohol, it was really great, I ended up having to nurse two of my friends who had a bit too much to drink and after most people went to sleep I was still awake with one of my childhood friends with which I had some serious discussions (he was feeling pretty bad at that point, fought with his best friend and since he is rather sensitive emotionally he needed support, which I was there to give), nothing extreme happened but I think we all had fun(I know I did) and that's what matters. :fiesta:

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

When I learn something new I like to read up on it and try to understand how it works. After that I will try to master it in practice.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm usually pretty all over the place but I can be very organized when I have to be, it's just something that tires me out so I avoid it unless it's necessary.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I look up objective information on the subject avoiding any bias and when I feel like I know enough about it I start thinking about it and decide for myself whether I agree with it or not.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I try to make sure everybody gets along and has fun... I guess? (I don't like this one, it feels like one of those "Do you make decisions using your heart or your brain?" questions)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I like to think before speaking usually. I prefer group discussions but one on one is generally more enjoyable because you can be more selective and you don't have to deal with certain annoying people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know what I'm getting into before I do it. Actions speak louder than words, anybody can say the words but only a few people can do the deed, which is why I don't trust people until I see their actions.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I can always watch it later on the internet(which is what I usually do anyway) so I'll accept their invitation obviously.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Paranoid, easily angered, overreacting, extreme resting bitch face(I'm notorious for this) and I lash out on people all the time, guilt tripping can happen too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Lack of intelligence, deceit, hypocrisy.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about anything, it depends on what the other person wants/feels more comfortable with, I can adapt.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I have no idea, I try to pay attention to everything, try being the important part.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

One of my long time friends called me very observant and a good advisor, I have tried to ask my friends what they think about me but it feels kinda weird and whenever I got an answer it didn't feel... genuine? I've been told I can be pretty loud and annoying sometimes too. The only thing I can call wrong is the "loud and annoying part" that's something I admittedly struggled with when I was younger but now I've fixed that, I'm only annoying when I try to mess with people on purpose.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If everything went as planned I'd do a little bit of everything, I'd read, relax with some music, maybe watch something and finally hang out with friends later in the evening. I could add working out to that list when I finally decide to stop being lazy.

Amberiat

Infinity
ISTJ 3 core Sx/So or Sx/Sp.

That was quite unexpected, I have always been envious of ISTJs hard-working and consistent nature because I was always the opposite of that. I'm curious, what made you think that I'm an ISTJ?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That was quite unexpected, I have always been envious of ISTJs hard-working and consistent nature because I was always the opposite of that. I'm curious, what made you think that I'm an ISTJ?

I'd have to get back to you on that next week if that's okay. Offline bullshit getting in the way of me typing really long posts without a lot of technical problems right now. I could also see you as an ESTJ as well, but, like I said, I need some time till I can help you.

You definitely seem like an enneagram 3 though, I'll give you that much for today.

Amberiat

Infinity
I'd have to get back to you on that next week if that's okay. Offline bullshit getting in the way of me typing really long posts without a lot of technical problems right now. I could also see you as an ESTJ as well, but, like I said, I need some time till I can help you.

You definitely seem like an enneagram 3 though, I'll give you that much for today.

Alright don't worry about it, take care of your business. Whenever you have time is fine, maybe until you're available I'll get some more opinions as well. :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm getting mixed SJ/SP vibes. What do you like to do for fun?

Amberiat

Infinity
I'm getting mixed SJ/SP vibes. What do you like to do for fun?

Hang out with friends, read, play video games, watch TV shows. All of these are activities I would consider fun, reading also being educational in addition to being fun. Preferred video game genre is mystery/puzzle and the same goes for TV Shows/Fiction books, mystery all the way (murder mystery especially)

Edit: I'd like to add I have a preference of hanging out with other people, not getting enough social interaction stresses me out, I like to be involved socially.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
EXXX 3w2 so far. What do you typically guilt trip people for?

Amberiat

Infinity
EXXX 3w2 so far. What do you typically guilt trip people for?

Whatever works best, which is usually things I've done for them (anything from favors to being supportive and just about anything you can do for someone) because I usually try to help people so this option is almost always available.

NJ type, extroverted maybe, Je and Se use seems clear though

At the very least I don't think I lead with Te, that's the only thing I can think of so far..

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whatever works best, which is usually things I've done for them (anything from favors to being supportive and just about anything you can do for someone) because I usually try to help people so this option is almost always available.

I see. So would you say your guilt tripping style is more “you should do nice things for me because I’ve done nice things for you” rather than “you’re not measuring up, you need to shape up by doing x”? And what sort of things make you feel guilty?

Amberiat

Infinity
I see. So would you say your guilt tripping style is more “you should do nice things for me because I’ve done nice things for you” rather than “you’re not measuring up, you need to shape up by doing x”? And what sort of things make you feel guilty?

Well, it's very situational, I just do whatever I think would work best at that particular moment. It just so happens that the “you should do nice things for me because I’ve done nice things for you” approach is usable in most situations and it works for most people. “you’re not measuring up, you need to shape up by doing x”, this one seems like it would work better for hard-working people that have high standards for themselves/like performing better than others.

What makes me feel guilty? Well, usually the way I react when I'm angry because I do/say some harsh things that can't be justified so it makes me feel bad afterwards.

Amberiat

Infinity
So, I've been pondering over this the whole day and I have a hard time seeing myself as a Si dom/aux, it doesn't feel right, I feel like Si doesn't describe me very well at all, at least not as dom/aux, maybe I'm just missing something though, Si is kinda weird.

While thinking about functions I've come to believe that I relate to Ni, Ne, Se, Ti and Fe descriptions the most, in no particular order. (though this could be personal bias to some extent which is what I'm trying to avoid)

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I’ve been thinking you might be an ENFJ. I’m not really sure what that would be like though, I don’t know any ENFJs well.

Amberiat

Infinity

The Ti description has some parts that fit perfectly, I did think of myself as an introvert many times (and recently have been considering INTP/ISTP as well) because of my reading hobby and because of how important being intellectually competent is to me. In fact, most of my current hobbies revolve around that.

On the other hand, I have been a social person ever since I was a kid, I was always loud, energetic and hyperactive back then up until adolescence. At that point I forced myself to become the opposite of what I was, I wanted to be the "quiet cool guy that doesn't care about anybody" even thinking about it now is extremely embarrassing, it makes me shiver. Whether I like it or not though it had an impact on me, during those times I isolated myself from others (to some extent, I still wasn't able to refuse hanging out with people when invited, lol) and that's when I found out about my (almost)obsession with mysteries, psychology, philosophy and many other hobbies that would most likely be labeled as "intellectual". After finally waking up and realizing how shameful my attitude was I started digging and released my social nature once again, this time becoming "whole", being true to myself, the things I'm passionate about and not being embarrassed by them.

Going through these radically different phases is probably why I'm such a versatile person and probably why I'm so confusing even to myself.

The problem with ENFJs from what I've seen is that all descriptions of them basically portray them as socially omnipotent overlords, which is quite the standard. Their negative descriptions are basically the same except that instead of being the charming heroes that can do everything they become the charming master manipulators that can do everything. As you would expect, it's kind of hard to relate to something like that. This description is pretty good though, and quite relatable, to my surprise. But not knowing any ENFJs very well in real life makes it hard for me to be 100% confident in it.

Amberiat

Infinity
I’ve been thinking you might be an ENFJ. I’m not really sure what that would be like though, I don’t know any ENFJs well.

I'm with you on this one, I have had encounters with people I suspect might have been ENFJs but I don't know any well enough to have any reliable personal experience to use here.

Someone who knows an ENFJ really well or even an ENFJ themselves could really help us out here, I think.

cajones6576

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would say strong Fe for sure. Let me ask a few questions...
Are you fussy about the quality of items in your personal space? How are you about getting up in the morning? Are you considered to be especially likable? Are people and animals drawn to you? How do you feel about dogs and cats? Would you describe yourself as a black or white thinker or more s 'shades of grey person? Are you intense? Do you have a temper? How much time do you spend thinking about the state of the world and how you could fix it? How many things are you really good at?