User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 44

  1. #11
    also known as Chry Terralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    446

    Default

    NJ type, extroverted maybe, Je and Se use seems clear though
    Likes Amberiat liked this post

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Of The Forest View Post
    EXXX 3w2 so far. What do you typically guilt trip people for?
    Whatever works best, which is usually things I've done for them (anything from favors to being supportive and just about anything you can do for someone) because I usually try to help people so this option is almost always available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terralynn View Post
    NJ type, extroverted maybe, Je and Se use seems clear though
    At the very least I don't think I lead with Te, that's the only thing I can think of so far..

  3. #13
    Phasing Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    6,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    Whatever works best, which is usually things I've done for them (anything from favors to being supportive and just about anything you can do for someone) because I usually try to help people so this option is almost always available.
    I see. So would you say your guilt tripping style is more “you should do nice things for me because I’ve done nice things for you” rather than “you’re not measuring up, you need to shape up by doing x”? And what sort of things make you feel guilty?
    “All men by nature desire to know” ~ Aristotle
    Likes Amberiat liked this post

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Of The Forest View Post
    I see. So would you say your guilt tripping style is more “you should do nice things for me because I’ve done nice things for you” rather than “you’re not measuring up, you need to shape up by doing x”? And what sort of things make you feel guilty?
    Well, it's very situational, I just do whatever I think would work best at that particular moment. It just so happens that the “you should do nice things for me because I’ve done nice things for you” approach is usable in most situations and it works for most people. “you’re not measuring up, you need to shape up by doing x”, this one seems like it would work better for hard-working people that have high standards for themselves/like performing better than others.

    What makes me feel guilty? Well, usually the way I react when I'm angry because I do/say some harsh things that can't be justified so it makes me feel bad afterwards.

  5. #15

    Default

    So, I've been pondering over this the whole day and I have a hard time seeing myself as a Si dom/aux, it doesn't feel right, I feel like Si doesn't describe me very well at all, at least not as dom/aux, maybe I'm just missing something though, Si is kinda weird.

    While thinking about functions I've come to believe that I relate to Ni, Ne, Se, Ti and Fe descriptions the most, in no particular order. (though this could be personal bias to some extent which is what I'm trying to avoid)

  6. #16
    Phasing Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    6,617

    Default

    I’ve been thinking you might be an ENFJ. I’m not really sure what that would be like though, I don’t know any ENFJs well.
    “All men by nature desire to know” ~ Aristotle
    Likes Amberiat, rav3n liked this post

  7. #17
    also known as Chry Terralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    446
    Likes Amberiat liked this post

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terralynn View Post
    The Ti description has some parts that fit perfectly, I did think of myself as an introvert many times (and recently have been considering INTP/ISTP as well) because of my reading hobby and because of how important being intellectually competent is to me. In fact, most of my current hobbies revolve around that.

    On the other hand, I have been a social person ever since I was a kid, I was always loud, energetic and hyperactive back then up until adolescence. At that point I forced myself to become the opposite of what I was, I wanted to be the "quiet cool guy that doesn't care about anybody" even thinking about it now is extremely embarrassing, it makes me shiver. Whether I like it or not though it had an impact on me, during those times I isolated myself from others (to some extent, I still wasn't able to refuse hanging out with people when invited, lol) and that's when I found out about my (almost)obsession with mysteries, psychology, philosophy and many other hobbies that would most likely be labeled as "intellectual". After finally waking up and realizing how shameful my attitude was I started digging and released my social nature once again, this time becoming "whole", being true to myself, the things I'm passionate about and not being embarrassed by them.

    Going through these radically different phases is probably why I'm such a versatile person and probably why I'm so confusing even to myself.

    The problem with ENFJs from what I've seen is that all descriptions of them basically portray them as socially omnipotent overlords, which is quite the standard. Their negative descriptions are basically the same except that instead of being the charming heroes that can do everything they become the charming master manipulators that can do everything. As you would expect, it's kind of hard to relate to something like that. This description is pretty good though, and quite relatable, to my surprise. But not knowing any ENFJs very well in real life makes it hard for me to be 100% confident in it.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Of The Forest View Post
    I’ve been thinking you might be an ENFJ. I’m not really sure what that would be like though, I don’t know any ENFJs well.
    I'm with you on this one, I have had encounters with people I suspect might have been ENFJs but I don't know any well enough to have any reliable personal experience to use here.

    Someone who knows an ENFJ really well or even an ENFJ themselves could really help us out here, I think.
    Likes Hermit of the Forest liked this post

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I would say strong Fe for sure. Let me ask a few questions...
    Are you fussy about the quality of items in your personal space? How are you about getting up in the morning? Are you considered to be especially likable? Are people and animals drawn to you? How do you feel about dogs and cats? Would you describe yourself as a black or white thinker or more s 'shades of grey person? Are you intense? Do you have a temper? How much time do you spend thinking about the state of the world and how you could fix it? How many things are you really good at?
    Likes Amberiat liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Type me please. Because I want to finally make sense of this all.
    By ArpeggiatingCantata in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 03:59 AM
  2. Type Me! (Brian May of Queen)
    By Mal12345 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
  3. Type me based on Savage Idealists List of Questions
    By Fluxkom in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
  4. Type Population of Typology Central
    By Craft in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 10:50 AM
  5. Help me type this teacher of mine!!!
    By am_i_evil666 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO