• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WHAT THE HECK AM I?!?!

Geekman

Hey everybody!

So I`m new to this site, but I`m enjoying it so far. Before joining, I took dozens of tests and read all about the cognitive functions, but still can`t seem to accurately type myself. So I was hoping that, given the information I provide, somebody with more knowledge could make some guesses about my type. On tests, I`ve scored as INFP, INFJ, ISFJ, and INTJ.

Socially, I`m very shy around new people, but once you get to know me, I`m loud very, very, random. Its just my sense of humor, I guess. I`ve also had low self esteem issues for a while, which has caused me to get less friends that I could have, but for some reason, I seem to gain a good group of them anyway. However, as much as I love hanging out with others, I need my time alone just as often. During these times, I like to read, draw, watch movies, play videogames, and research things that I find interesting. Most of my research topics tend to deal with the occult, whether I believe in them or not. But once I find something, I usually wring the topic of everything it contains until I`m unable to learn anymore. I`ve also always felt the need to fit in somewhere, which is probably why I keep taking test after test. This area of interest has been going on well over a year now lol.

I would also consider myself an emotional person. As a kid, I would cry over very silly things and disliked fighting. This caused jerks to pick on me, which didn`t help things at all, obviously. But I became very good at identifying people`s emotions. I can usually tell straight away when someone is lying to me or has something else on their mind, even if they tell me its nothing. Now, I`ve heard that INFPs and INFJs differ when it comes to feeling. INFPs will mirror themselves with a person while INFJs seem to absorb others` emotions. And I honestly don`t know which I do. It always seems like both. But here`s a scenario...

I had never really met my Great Uncle, but at his funeral, I began crying simply because everyone else around me was crying. I didn`t know why I was, considering this really wasn`t a man I was close with. Maybe just the fact that he was a family member? *shrugs*

In school, I was a pretty smart kid, until I got to the upper levels. My low self esteem caused me to always doubt myself, which led to bad grades on quizzes...mostly math. My favorite subjects were always Literacy and Science, as they seemed to have the most interesting things to talk about. I like History too, however, and usually found myself doing the best in those classes.

I am always thinking about how my actions will affect other people. This causes me to look indecisive, but I don`t really think this is true. In fact, I usually have already made up my mind, I am just afraid of sharing because I`ll possibly hurt someone. I`ve also repeatedly sacrificed my own happiness for someone else. For example, I once won a durby car race against my boy scout friends. But in actually, my car shouldn`t have won since the wheel on another kid`s car broke out of nowhere. However, they still gave me the chance to take first place, but I denied it, believing that the other kid should have it.

Now, I don`t want to make this too long, so I`ll just end it here. If anyone has the time, I`d greatly appreciate your ideas on what I may be. Thanks in advance!

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imma take a stab and say possible INFP - e9?

Only you know what's best but perhaps this can give a direction for the moment to start?

Good luck :) it can take awhile to carefully peel back the shell of your egg to see what lays beneath.

Geekman

INFP - e9, huh? I`ll look into it.
You answered my question from yesterday too, didn`t you? Lol double thanks!

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the tendency to go back and forth and question your typing over and over again is in itself pretty typical of NPs. The following strikes me as INFP in particular:

"Socially, I`m very shy around new people, but once you get to know me, I`m loud very, very, random."

"I would also consider myself an emotional person. As a kid, I would cry over very silly things and disliked fighting. This caused jerks to pick on me, which didn`t help things at all, obviously. But I became very good at identifying people`s emotions. I can usually tell straight away when someone is lying to me or has something else on their mind, even if they tell me its nothing."

"I am always thinking about how my actions will affect other people. This causes me to look indecisive, but I don`t really think this is true. In fact, I usually have already made up my mind, I am just afraid of sharing because I`ll possibly hurt someone. I`ve also repeatedly sacrificed my own happiness for someone else."

Shyner

Your an INFP to me.

Not taking a jab at you, but the social awkwardness can even be felt through the writing and I think that it's pretty cool. Unfortunately, the low self esteem shows as well through you constantly second guessing yourself, even in your writing your questioning your friends and yourself.

And you say that you can always tell when someone else is lying, so tell me, why do you lie to yourself? Don't sacrifice your happiness for other people, your happiness should bring other people happiness, you shouldn't disregard it. In the end, it is your conscience, make sure that you can look it directly in the eye or it may come to bite you one day which I'm sure has already happened.

Please know that you are here for a reason and important in the bigger picture of things, it's your mindset that determines how important you are to the world. You can never make the right move if you let low self-esteem affect you.

Sorry, I always go off topic

elizabethmarie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
A lot of things remind me of myself...that fact that you are shy around others but are random once you get to know them, your interests, and the fact that you are very emotional.

However, this struck me as more of a Fe trait: "
I am always thinking about how my actions will affect other people. This causes me to look indecisive, but I don`t really think this is true. In fact, I usually have already made up my mind, I am just afraid of sharing because I`ll possibly hurt someone. I`ve also repeatedly sacrificed my own happiness for someone else. "
Or maybe its just because part of your moral code is now hurting people? I'm not really sure.
Personally, I would not cry if everyone else was crying, as it is very hard for me to outwardly express my emotions. Unless I had a deep and personal relationship and truly felt pain, I most likely would not cry.
But then again, all INFPs are different in certain ways. Who knows, maybe I'm not even an INFP? (I'm about 90% sure but my mind constantly wonders if I am ISFP, INFJ, and so on)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
WHAT THE HECK AM I?!?!
Human or very advanced chatbot.

In terms of MBTI, my guess is INFJ. All of what you wrote seemed that way and it is the most logical from what you have tested as.