User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1

    Exclamation Who am I, Hedwig? Wot am I? (pls type me!)

    Hey all! I'm a newbie to Typology Central
    I came here because I believe MBTI and other systems could help me understand myself on a deeper level, but the multiple choice quizzes just aren't cutting it for me. I figure you experts would be a lot more useful and helpful :P
    I'm at a bit of a pivotal time in my life right now where I am experiencing a lot of growth. This is mainly due to the fact that my roommate and one of my closest friends committed suicide earlier this year (on my 20th birthday nonetheless) and I've been forced to age years, in a way, just due to having to move on from this tragedy. So while the situation clearly fucking sucks no matter what angle you look from, I am proud of myself for maturing and adapting despite the circumstances and I think now would be a good time to bear it all (except not actually near all) on the internet.

    Without further ado,
    (sorry didn't answer all the questions because I was lazy)

    Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?

    I find beauty in a lot of things, but when prompted to define beauty, the first thing my mind thought of was that beautiful things make you want to look deeply. Pretty things are pleasant to look at and glaze your eyes over, but beautiful things make you give it a second or third glance, make you consider the small (equally beautiful) components that make up the beautiful thing.
    Love, on the other hand, is impossible for me to define in words, partially because I think it varies a lot on an individual basis. For me, love is deeply tied to devotion. I don't give up easily on the people (or things) that I love.

    2. What are your most important values?

    Empathy, rationality, open-mindedness, generosity, and gratitude are some of the ones that pop into mind instantly.

    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

    Personally, I don't subscribe to any religion or spiritual belief system. This is pretty easy for me to say because my parents intentionally raised me that way, believing that I could make that decision for myself when I was older (and that they would respect whatever I chose). That being said, I'm as hesitant to call myself an "atheist" as I am a "theist"; I consider myself truly agnostic, unaffiliated and not looking to join any organization but completely open to the idea that there is more out/up there than what the human eye can see.

    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

    I'm generally very anti-war and anti-violence. I believe that human life is inherently valuable and I hate the concept of drafts, but I totally encourage people who want to join their country's military to do so if they feel empowered in it.


    Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

    I've been told by others that some of my weaknesses are my stubbornness, my self-centrism, my inflexibility, and my lack of enthusiasm. Personally, I think some of my biggest flaws are my inability to admit when I'm wrong, and my general tendency to put things off and procrastinate.
    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People say that I'm friendly, outgoing, well-read, and intelligent. I would describe myself positively as thoughtful, curious, passionate, and broad in interests/views. I tend to manifest my caring side in small ways that sometimes go unnoticed - for example, doing friends' dishes because they're stressed out, or filling up a friend's water bottle if it's empty and leaving it for them to find.


    People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

    I appreciate people with all different temperaments, but I universally dislike bigotry, and its lesser cousin of prejudice. The difference, to me, is the willingness to consider opinions that differ from your own. If you have a conviction that I disagree with, but you are open to other perspectives, that's a whole lot less of a problem for me than someone who talks and talks and talks but puts up a wall when people try to engage in a dialogue with them.

    16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

    Sex has never been a huge deal to me - I very much encourage people to explore their sexuality in whatever ways they please. I have a lot more experience with sex than I do with romance, but I think I'd best suit a partner that helps me pick up the slack on areas where I'm weak (and it would be reciprocated on my end). I'm attracted to people who have a good sense of humor but who are able to handle life squarely and maturely, and people who are good at taking care of others (which I myself really envy).

    17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

    I know every parent probably thinks this, but I would raise my child with the goal of giving them a better life than the one I had, and setting them up for success once my child is old enough to carve their own path.

    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

    It really depends on context and what belief they're clashing with. For example, I am very passionate about animal rights (and human rights, they're not mutually exclusive), and I am staunchly morally opposed to the meat industry. However, most of my friends eat meat, and the majority of it is factory farmed, and I'm not going to shit on them or stop being friends with them because of that even if I disagree with their choices. But if a friend of mine were to voice anything prejudiced or hateful, especially towards humans, it would be a lot more difficult for me to look past and could be a dealbreaker in our relationship. Overall, I'm more comfortable with voicing my disagreement after the fact with people who I know will sympathize rather than causing a scene in a group that otherwise gets along well.
    19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Asking me to generalize a huge population (especially a vague one, like "society") is like asking a fish to run a marathon! I feel OK attributing certain problems to society, but it doesn't necessarily affect how I see people as a whole. I think that prevalant social problems such as gender inequality and racial divides exist not necessarily because the average person is hateful and prejudiced, but because the societal ideal of going with the flow/avoiding rocking the boat makes people reluctant to speak out, they follow a prejudiced rhetoric. So I would say that "society" is not inherently prejudiced, just agreeable (for lack of a better word in my mind-dictionary).

    20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

    I can get along with most people, so the way I've made friends in the past is befriending one person through a common interest and then making other friends through them or being simply absorbed into their group. "Friend" is a pretty broad word for me, and I consider a lot of people to be a friend of mine, but the way I behave around them (and my loyalty to them) depends on how close we are and how I really feel about them. For example, in high school I had a relatively tight-knit group of friends, but I didn't share too much about myself with them because I knew they were more friends of convenience than a deep bond. That being said, I treated them with love and kindness as I would with any friend, but I wouldn't go losing a limb for them or anything.
    With my close friends, I am generally very open and don't hold a lot of myself back. There are dark corners that I keep to myself, but I would say I've shared about 90%+ of myself with my closest friends. The people who I'm open and honest with, who I've trusted with my deepest secrets, are few in number - but that doesn't matter because I value our relationship innumerably.

    21. How do you behave around strangers?

    I'm actually quite talkative with strangers, if I pick up a friendly vibe or have something to strike up a conversation about. I definitely got better and more confident in this as I started working customer service positions, but I think it's just helped me feel more comfortable doing something that I've always wanted to do. The way I see it, most people are willing to be helpful or at least amicable if you approach them kindly and earnestly, but I'm also aware that I have an advantage because I'm not physically intimidating (like, at all.)

  2. #2

    Default

    Let me know if y'all have any questions...

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    A friend?

    I think it'd be pretty cool to have a conversation with you.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    A friend?

    I think it'd be pretty cool to have a conversation with you.
    Haha, thanks. I'm totally down to converse. Although I would like to make some progress on finding out what my type is..

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Clime View Post
    Haha, thanks. I'm totally down to converse. Although I would like to make some progress on finding out what my type is..
    I can type you as I figure out some more

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni
    Posts
    9,225

    Default

    @Weird Clime I’d say INFJ

  7. #7
    Taking Brief blessblessblessblessbless Break RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    I don't see many allusions to the perceiving functions themselves, but I wouldn't say that INFJ is too far fetched. The thing I am most certain about here is the usage of Fe, so I suppose ENFJ (maybe even xxFJ generally) may also be an option.
    Lawful Neutral | LII-Ti | RLoxI | VLEF | FF Ti-Si SCPB |
    9w1 |5w6 | 3w2 | sp/so

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    MBTI
    xNTx
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    21

    Default

    This was interesting to read as I am turning 20 myself next year and have started to realize quite quickly that I'm an adult with actual responsibilities and not a kid anymore ! . Its awesome that you're using the mbti to understand yourself, but the online multiple choice quizzes are not that accurate. The best thing to do would be to check out the cognitive functions, and understand how they work which I found more reliable for me and my friends. What would you say is your biggest fear or deep insecurity that you have ? ( this is usually a good indicator of your first and last functions).


    - OKN

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @Weird Clime I’d say INFJ
    Interesting! Mind elaborating on where you see Ni dominance? I still don't have a great grasp on Ni in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by RooibosKrayfish View Post
    I don't see many allusions to the perceiving functions themselves, but I wouldn't say that INFJ is too far fetched. The thing I am most certain about here is the usage of Fe, so I suppose ENFJ (maybe even xxFJ generally) may also be an option.
    Interesting! To be fair, I also think the questions were skewed towards judgement rather than perception, and the introversion-extroversion spectrum for me is pretty near the middle.

    Quote Originally Posted by oknJ View Post
    This was interesting to read as I am turning 20 myself next year and have started to realize quite quickly that I'm an adult with actual responsibilities and not a kid anymore ! . Its awesome that you're using the mbti to understand yourself, but the online multiple choice quizzes are not that accurate. The best thing to do would be to check out the cognitive functions, and understand how they work which I found more reliable for me and my friends. What would you say is your biggest fear or deep insecurity that you have ? ( this is usually a good indicator of your first and last functions).


    - OKN
    I know a bit about cognitive functions from doing a good amount of reading, but I don't have a deep understanding of them, especially how they look in action. I do understand them in general though.
    I don't have any one deep, pervasive fear or insecurity that I can think of off the top of my head. I struggle with several, especially the fears of rejection and failure, which I think most people would agree with. I am afraid of death, but in the wake of losing one of the people I love most I have found that I don't fear being dead so much as I fear leaving the world without having made a positive impact on it. When I die, what kind of person do I want others to remember?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Clime View Post
    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People say that I'm friendly, outgoing, well-read, and intelligent. I would describe myself positively as thoughtful, curious, passionate, and broad in interests/views. I tend to manifest my caring side in small ways that sometimes go unnoticed - for example, doing friends' dishes because they're stressed out, or filling up a friend's water bottle if it's empty and leaving it for them to find.


    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

    It really depends on context and what belief they're clashing with. For example, I am very passionate about animal rights (and human rights, they're not mutually exclusive), and I am staunchly morally opposed to the meat industry. However, most of my friends eat meat, and the majority of it is factory farmed, and I'm not going to shit on them or stop being friends with them because of that even if I disagree with their choices. But if a friend of mine were to voice anything prejudiced or hateful, especially towards humans, it would be a lot more difficult for me to look past and could be a dealbreaker in our relationship. Overall, I'm more comfortable with voicing my disagreement after the fact with people who I know will sympathize rather than causing a scene in a group that otherwise gets along well.


    21. How do you behave around strangers?[/B]
    I'm actually quite talkative with strangers, if I pick up a friendly vibe or have something to strike up a conversation about. I definitely got better and more confident in this as I started working customer service positions, but I think it's just helped me feel more comfortable doing something that I've always wanted to do. The way I see it, most people are willing to be helpful or at least amicable if you approach them kindly and earnestly, but I'm also aware that I have an advantage because I'm not physically intimidating (like, at all.)
    I believe you to be of the EXFJ breed of personality. You show strong Fe and a slight bent for extroversion, but I could be imagining that. FJ for sure though.

    In the first, you mention how you will do dishes or clean when a friend is stressed or down. Now that by itself isn't enough to say what cognitive function it is, but you specifically mention how it occasionally goes unnoticed. I don't think many people but an Fe user would point out how they're not being acknowledged for the good they do.

    (Side note: does anyone else notice how everyone says that other people consider them to be intelligent on these things. I myself have said this on my own questionnaire, but it's kinda odd that so many people say this. No one describes themselves as unintelligent. Not saying you are of course, just going off on a tangent.)

    In the second one, you say that you would rather voice out your opinions to people who will SYMPATHIZE with what you're saying. That is such an Fe thing to say, Fi is much mote likely to rock the boat if they must do it to defend their morals. Their internal mood overrules the external mood 90% of the time.

    The N/S is where I'm lost. You haven't really said anything that points it in either direction, but you're some sort of FJ. Most likely EXFJ with my guess going towards ESFJ, but it could easily be the other.

    Your an interesting person from what I've read, though a little impatient. I like your style. Reading through your post, I can feel what kind of person you really are and that is truly beautiful. You have the character to make something of yourself and you are making the leap into a new mindset, it's wonderful. I too have known dark times and can relate to your situation, you'll end up fine. Time heals all wounds, if your wounds haven't healed, you haven't waited long enough.

    Oh and two more things, I am positive that your friends appreciate all of your help and love you all the more for it. Some people don't do too well with verbalizing their feelings and thanking people, they believed it's implied.

    Secondly, you are making a positive impact on the world at your customer service job. It may seem like a little insignificant thing at the moment, but you are making other people's lives better. One at a time. The pyramids were made a block at a time, one day you'll look down from the peak and realize you built a pyramid all by yourself. Not saying to stay in customer service, but you're time there also has lots of meaning.

    Sorry about all that stuff irrelevant to your type, I'm always letting my feelings drive me to go deeper into a person's psyche. For better or worse, I always end up playing a psychologist.

    Anyways, just let me know if you have any questions for me.
    Got your little heart in my hand and I don't wanna break it

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2017, 11:13 AM
  2. Who am I, Hedwig? What am I?
    By isang in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 04:34 AM
  3. The confusion continues into the Enneagram (pls type me)
    By MetalMoon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 12:34 AM
  4. Who Am I?
    By lecky in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 10:35 PM
  5. Who am I?
    By wyrdsister in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO