• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone guess my type ?

oknJ

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
1w9
Does anyone think they can guess my type ?

I've been reading about jung and the mbti for a few months now, but I am still unsure about my type. I think I am an IXTX. But would appreciate some input from other people ? my friends agree that I am IXTX, but are not really that into the mbti.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

The idea of being the best and most competent in my chosen field , then using my skill to help other people that need it, and teaching/mentoring other people. I am also motivated by the idea of helping out the community that I live in, I am certain I am introverted, but strangely most of my hobbies involve communicating with other people in order to achieve some sort of change/reform or goal,e.g playing an active role in a group that was campaigning to change something in the area I went to school in. The main driving force would be to push myself further than I think I am capable of going just to see if I can do it. I usually enjoy listening to self improvement videos e.g Jordan Peterson, but I tend to keep an open mind and strive for truth and understanding other people's arguments, so I tend to look at ideas from a different perspective.

I usually look for opportunities to grow my understanding of the world e.g talks or presentations on a world issue in my uni, but with friends, I tend to gravitate towards people that are funny in a slightly mean way, I'm not sure if this is a type thing or just a guy thing, but I think this keeps me down to earth, and also allows me to do the same back.

I also look for new/different adventures and experiences, I try plan out some of my adventures first in order to get the most out of them though. This includes travelling, going to parties or eating, if things don't go the way I wanted, I usually am slightly mad, but not for long.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

To graduate, then to continue improving my skills in my chosen area, and hopefully work in a team or create something to understand more about how people and the world works and help them out focusing mainly on health in certain area. I also want to start learning how to edit videos.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I want to avoid being unnecessarily cruel/mean in a non-funny way, and being consumed by something e.g power or fear. I want to avoid losing control to something, like a physical or mental addiction, that influences all of my actions, which is interesting since the line between intense dedication to something which is good and an obsession becomes blurred to people that are not actually experiencing it. A good value would be independence and being able to provide for yourself. Another good value would be optimism to stay on your path when things begin getting difficult, balanced out with realism, knowing which path to your goal is unrealistic and which path may not be as pleasant but still gets you there.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I'd say losing control, same as above. Probably because it stops me from doing what I need to achieve my goal.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I'd say I want others to see me as someone that is the best at what they do, quite strong, and intelligent, but still approachable after speaking to their friends. I see myself as slightly to serious at times, and needing to be more relaxed.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

My best, when I make good progress to my goals, doing difficult tasks that others gave up on, talking to my friends about pretty much anything and the roasting that goes on. What makes me feel my worst is when I don't perform well in a task towards my goal and I am the only one to blame.

7. Describe how you experience each of a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

A: It's quite intense but usually controlled. I handle it by trying to understand why the situation happen/the other person's view.

B. I don't experience it often, but it leads to anger. I find ways to avoid it/ things that bring it.

C. It depends on the importance of the situation, if the situation isn't that importance I calm myself down by thinking of something else. If the situation is importance, e.g like an interview, I focus on understanding what the people are looking for, then being confident and allowing slight mistakes, to avoid further nervousness.

8. Describe how you respond to each of a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

A) I go to the gym more, talk to friends more, and try to keep my self occupied by something.

B) Depends on how common the change is, if it doesn't happen often, I try to adapt to go with the change and plan for it happening next time.

C) Usually by looking at the other persons point of view and trying to come to a conclusion, while standing my own ground, if that doesn't work or they want too much, then I take further action to stop the conflict in a sensible way.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

A) I don't have too much trust in authority due to the issues going on in the world right now, e.g police murders or corrupt governments keeping money from the state. If the authority can prove that they are acting in the best interest of the people, then I am respectful.

B) I think it's necessary to have if you want to accomplish what you want, If the power is more about how someone is perceived to be, then I am less likely to respect the individual if they are truly powerless, If the power is more real e.g accomplishment, intelligence, or amount of effort put into the group, then I respect it.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I think that humanity is neutral, and people are given a choice of what to do with their life, for some people the choices are a lot easier by a large margin, I also believe it is a ruthless climb to the top to change things.

It doesn't matter whether the individual has intentions they decide are good or bad, in order to get to a position where they are influential and stay there, they should be capable of defending themselves by any means. But I still think that people who can should strive to embrace and enjoy their life, and rather than trying to change human nature itself, understand it and use it to help others.

-thanks !

Last edited:

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I'm Stupid and probabily wrong but you live life from a very concrete point of view and not so abstract . You can be Nf tho i can't abstract emotions very well.

Hmm i really don't think you are a thinking type 'cause every word describing you is people
What do you think about your first funtion?

oknJ

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
1w9
I'm Stupid and probabily wrong but you live life from a very concrete point of view and not so abstract . You can be Nf tho i can't abstract emotions very well.

Hmm i really don't think you are a thinking type 'cause every word describing you is people
What do you think about your first funtion?

I'd say I use Ti and Te, though Ti comes more naturally to me, I've had time to develop my Te function in order to create realistic ways of achieving what I want rather than just fantasizing about it. Not sure about my first function most likely and introverted one(probably not fi or si).