• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ; or INFP? Help a girl out..

sacredjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
hi, i'm sacredjade. this is my first post. i first took the mbti three months ago && have been interested ever since. i almost always test as INFJ && sometimes as INFP. i feel more J in most aspects of my life && P when it comes to my art. i know for sure that i am I, N, F please help me figure out the rest? :)

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
beauty and love are the same. what is beautiful is loved and the things one loves are beautiful. beauty and love are both essential to art.
2. What are your most important values?
to be successful.. i will make my mark on the world and i will not be forgotten. to be true to myself; always and forever. i will never lie to myself; it is the worst sin one may commit..
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
no religion.. very spiritual. i believe because; to not believe in anything; is the most pitiful existence one could live.. what else would one live for if they did not believe in anything?
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
they are necessary for a society but i do not consider myself a true part of society. i am capable of seeing the utility in them; however they are abused; pawns in a political game.. power to me is making my own decisions; and owning my life.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
i can; and will; talk for hours about my art. it is the single most important thing in my life, other than my boyfriend. i believe that i was born to bring beauty and meaning to the world; in a time where they are scarce. i also enjoy music; but nothing in the "top 50.." i prefer indie artists; because they aren't sellouts or unoriginal.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
if one does not take care of their body then they are not being their best self. i work out four days a week && make all of my meals at home.
7. What do you think of daily chores?
they are so boring that i almost cannot be bothered with them. i don't understand people who enjoy cleaning and routine.. it's like they don't have any real hobbies. i make sure that my personal environment is clean and tranquil so that it doesn't get in the way of my hobbies.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Rat Girl by Kristin Hersh is the best book i have read recently.. i don't watch a lot of movies; but my favorite movie of all time is a clockwork orange.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
i often cry when i encounter something that i consider beautiful. many times during bursts of inspiration i will cry. i never cry when i'm upset; i just get angry. i don't smile a lot. smiling takes a conscious effort && i am always lost somewhere in my head.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
i don't feel like i belong anywhere. this world; time and space; are a puzzle. and i am a misfit piece.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
i have been accused of being close-minded, stubborn, reactive, and aggressive. i don't agree. about myself, i don't like that i am forced to live at a snail's pace. i want to be in the future that i have planned. i don't like my impatience.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
i am fiery; independent; and unique. i am completely loyal to those that i give my trust. i call it like i see it; "anti-pc" or whatever they're calling it now.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
i don't need help.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
yes && i hate it. it's as if time moves so slowly && it drives me insane. i sometimes have panic attacks when i feel i am not making enough progress as quickly as i would like.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
i can't stand people who are fake. i don't like people who are unwilling to think critically && look beyond themselves; to what is more. i get along very well with NFs and NTs. my boyfriend is an INTJ.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
sex is the only way to truly know another person && is very important to me. it is the most meaningful way to show someone that you love them. i am a very sexual person and need a partner who feels the same in order for both of our needs to be satisfied. i find typical romance to be "gagworthy." it's so manufactured and fake. nothing is more "real" than sharing your life and your body with another person. i'll skip the flowers and the chocolate and go straight to sex && meaningful conversation, thanx.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
i want my future child to be able to express him or herself freely && be unpressured by the burdens of society. i will raise them to be a nonconformist and to appreciate art. i will encourage any sort of artistic expression they find the most natural to them whether it be painting; writing; or acting. i believe that this is the natural state of humanity and that as long as one has encouragement to follow their true selves && not follow society blindly; they will be able to achieve it.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
i will confront them about their belief and offer them evidence to consider && encourage them to consider others viewpoints. i am told that i look very aggressive when i do this but i think people are too soft and quick to accuse confrontational people as aggressive just for not being passive aggressive.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
lack of spirituality and willingness to think critically are the biggest problems in society today. too many people have become sheeple; willingly. i feel as though i do not fit in completely with society; for not being a conformist.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
i will only befriend someone if they give me the correct vibe. i act the same around friends; family; and strangers. i will not alter myself && not be true to myself to appease an audience.
21. How do you behave around strangers?
see my last answer.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i suggest reading about the cognitive functions behind the mbti letters and see what fits better with how you think.

infp and infj are actually pretty different when viewed in that regard.

you come across as quite young so that can be an influence as i think personality needs some time to unfold like an origami gummy bear.

sacredjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
if you have reasoning i would be interested; thanx!
i suggest reading about the cognitive functions behind the mbti letters and see what fits better with how you think.

infp and infj are actually pretty different when viewed in that regard.

you come across as quite young so that can be an influence as i think personality needs some time to unfold like an origami gummy bear.
where would you recommend? do you have a guess which one i am? i am young but an adult and feel confident in who i am.

Metis

I know, but thinking wears me out. You come across more like an INFJ to me. Maybe others will have detailed analyses.

Welcome to the forum, though. :drwho:

Metis

Understanding the 8 Jungian Cognitive Processes (8 Functions)

Not everyone on this forum believes that cognitive functions or particular stackings of them are useful, but that's a site that gives descriptions for each of them. If you're INFP, you theoretically should relate more to the Fi + Ne descriptions. If you're INFJ, theoretically you'll relate more to the Ni + Fe descriptions.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

where would you recommend? do you have a guess which one i am? i am young but an adult and feel confident in who i am.

The provided link above should be a good start.

My overall impression from glancing through is that you seem very aggressive in your choices of answers. I’d posit to say you aren’t INFP as these questions don’t seem to be so pointed as to raise the Fi flags of alarm and understanding. Mainly speaking to the one about if a friend had a different viewpoint than you. Passive aggressive is not the opposite of aggressive. The opposite of aggression wouldn’t be another type of aggression.

I don’t know if you are infj but you could probably remove infp from the contenders.

MEB5525

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do not think your INFP. Snow as white has a good point about your aggressive answers. I am 90% sure that I am INFP (who can really be 100%sure?) A lot of your answers are not what I would consider as an answer myself.

I’ll take a shot and say you don’t seem INFP. Your opinions are laser beam focused and do not sound up for negotiation. I hold strong opinions but unless I’m morally opposed to an idea, I can be somewhat open to differing views. That certainty I’m seeing can be the conviction of youth however. I was way more inflexible as a teen/young adult. Life and the wisdom of experience has dulled my edges to a degree.

Good luck on your quest of self discovery. It really doesn’t ever truly end.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Can you do a cognitive funtions test ? , For me the answers seem manipulated by your mind frame.