• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type?

aprildenyer

Hi all. I've been trying for a while to figure out my type and understand the different types.

I only get INTP, INFJ, INFP as test results. They seem to have a lot of points which resonate with me.

Pretty sure I'm an Fi user as much as I hate to admit it. I'm very stubbornly principled.
Not sure what kind of information I need to give for anyone to figure it out :)

Last edited:

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're deciding between INTP, INFJ and INFP, and you feel confident that you're an Fi user... that would make you an INFP. What makes you doubt that you're this type? I know that they get stereotyped a lot in typology forums, but the INFPs I know are great people and fun to be around.

rav3n

People often confuse Fi and Ti since they're both principle focused. Fi focuses on principles relative to values and Ti, logical principles.

aprildenyer

I can't remember why I was doubting it. Mainly because of the stereotype of a sinless angel who just helps everyone.

Understanding more about fi makes me think it even more. Like I get a feeling about everything, and it's the first thing I think about everything. Like I read source code and I'm not thinking about it, I get a good or bad feeling about it, a hunch so to speak.

When people are talking about things I do find I'm always weighing it up based on my values and beliefs, and getting a feel for it and trying to fill in the gaps.

I liked the idea of intp because I thought F over T meant being wishy washy and emotional. It didn't go well with my values ironically :p

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't remember why I was doubting it. Mainly because of the stereotype of a sinless angel who just helps everyone.

Understanding more about fi makes me think it even more. Like I get a feeling about everything, and it's the first thing I think about everything. Like I read source code and I'm not thinking about it, I get a good or bad feeling about it, a hunch so to speak.

When people are talking about things I do find I'm always weighing it up based on my values and beliefs, and getting a feel for it and trying to fill in the gaps.

I liked the idea of intp because I thought F over T meant being wishy washy and emotional. It didn't go well with my values ironically :p

I think F types are negatively stereotyped a lot, especially Fi users. In my experience, INFPs aren't usually wishy washy, and not "emotional" as much as principled and idealistic.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

INFPs are a mixed bag sort of. Some of them are really wishy washy and emotional, like the starving artist type, which is where there stereotype comes from probably. I've met and spoken to a few verified INFP (mostly online albeit, but still) and a lot of them are more cerebral and emotionally controlled. I wouldn't worry too much about stereotypes if I were you, especially if in your description of yourself you basically include the textbook description of Fi and Ne (Fi in blue, Ne in pink)