• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Potential for Core 9?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I came across this video online of Enneagram type 9s, and I must say that much of this sounded very relevant for me. I haven't seen all of her videos but I generally like how she goes into the various types, and with this one on E9, I felt there were more answers for me heye, than with anything I have looked into for E2s.

Anyone think I may be an E9? Up to this point I've been fine simply labeling myself as some combination of 2, 7, and 9, but haven't been able to nail down my core type just yet.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I personally think you are a 2. A 297 but still a 2 first. 2w3.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think overall you are a core 2w3 but 3w2 core is also possible to me as well. What makes it hard for me is that sometimes you seem more focused on image and success first and being helpful and loved second which would mean 3w2. But I am 99.9% sure you are 2w3/3w2 core. For your second type Id guess probably a 7w6 and for your third type a 9w1. Overall I see you as 297/397 So/Sp.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thanks for your input [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION] and [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION]! So, I’ll share something that has had me personally leaning towards 9, one who is integrating into 3 (or trying to), and will respond to both of your posts.

I generally hold the desire to remain as self sufficient as possible, and if need be, struggle along the way to get to where I need to go. Not because I don’t suspect others can help, but because I don’t wish to waste the time of others to expend energy on lifting me up in the process. Much of that comes from years of being seen as merely a “Dreamer” and not a “Do-er”. I’ve been told on countless ocasions that I have much to offer the world, but that I am not doing enough to fully utilize those talents. I’ve created some things that may impress others, but that doesn’t mean much to me, except that I wish to define for myself, to myself, that I can make something of myself. That I have fully realized what I am capable of becoming, because I do know I have a talent, but for whatever reason, I just don’t “Do”. Or, I just don’t do enough.

When others do reach out to me to help, even after I’ve denied the need, it does mean a lot to me, and I can never feel I can show my gratitude enough, because I know they have taken the time out of their day and schedule, expended their mental or emotional energy, on me. And why?

When I extend my hand to others, it often comes down to asking myself, “why not?”. If it doesn’t pull me too far from my schedule, or require much effort from me, and I have the ability and capacity to help, why not? Mind you, this is for the average person or acquaintance. Favors for those I love however, aren’t put under the same consideration.

Tying into the above, I also find that I feel my best when I am not just productive, moving forward and such, but feel as though I am in my element and realizing that image others have seen of me, and what I see of myself. The product lines up with expectation and ability, so to speak, and there is no deficit. It’s this deeper alignment I wish to fulfill too. If I were granted the image superficially, like if I came into a lot of money and bought new clothes and a car, whatever, and strangers assumed my status to be higher, that would put me off in the same way and would feel no better to me.

Does the above make any sense? I sort of just put some thoughts together as they came.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While 9’s are in a sense of a dreamy Pisces like type that like to be portrayed as slothful, passive and kind. I would say
it’s important to look at the core desire and fear.

9’s want internal peace the most and avoid anything that disturbs that inner peace. I cannot say you’re a core 9. But I wouldn’t argue you picking 9 over 8 or 1 in the other 2 placements.

I can’t just help but see you as another type. I can’t really speak for you definitively as a 2. Although from the assortment of interactions we have I see you integrating as a 4 (respecting individual differences and knowing you yourself as okay no matter what) and disintegrating as an 8 as I see you’re really aggressive at points in your speech you’ve had against me.

The 9’s role in conflict is more of like denial of anything is bad is happening but not in a way that is directly lying to another for polite sake. But more of just as if you will teleporting away mentally.

I mean I don’t even know if I am a core 1. I could just see myself as an integrating 4 finally picking up some 1 traits. I am rather emotionless with most strangers however motivating me being a 1. I really hold a lot of unsaid standards that hold me back more than benefit me unfortunately.

But it could argue 9 for myself as well, as I tend to just quiet down sometimes and just say ok ok you win alright (Which some 8’s have made fun of me for haha) and then I had instances of having a hardness to keep all the anger inside of me and usually my parents see it only or people I spend a lot of time with in almost intimate settings (although I heard naomi Quenk argue that as people who have inferior Fi) I am not afraid to argue the logic behind my arguments if it push comes to shove as I need a certain outcome for sure.

Anyhoo, good luck.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While 9’s are in a sense of a dreamy Pisces like type that like to be portrayed as slothful, passive and kind. I would say

9’s want internal peace the most and avoid anything that disturbs that inner peace. I cannot say you’re a core 9. But I wouldn’t argue you picking 9 over 8 or 1 in the other 2 placements.

I can’t just help but see you as another type. I can’t really speak for you definitively as a 2. Although from the assortment of interactions we have I see you integrating as a 4 (respecting individual differences and knowing you yourself as okay no matter what) and disintegrating as an 8 as I see you’re really aggressive at points in your speech you’ve had against me.

The 9’s role in conflict is more of like denial of anything is bad is happening but not in a way that is directly lying to another for polite sake. But more of just as if you will teleporting away mentally.

I mean I don’t even know if I am a core 1. I could just see myself as an integrating 4 finally picking up some 1 traits. I am rather emotionless with most strangers however motivating me being a 1. I really hold a lot of unsaid standards that hold me back more than benefit me unfortunately.

But it could argue 9 for myself as well, as I tend to just quiet down sometimes and just say ok ok you win alright (Which some 8’s have made fun of me for haha) and then I had instances of having a hardness to keep all the anger inside of me and usually my parents see it only or people I spend a lot of time with in almost intimate settings (although I heard naomi Quenk argue that as people who have inferior Fi) I am not afraid to argue the logic behind my arguments if it push comes to shove as I need a certain outcome for sure.

Anyhoo, good luck.

I'm a Picses. Does that make me a 9?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Anyhoo, good luck.

Hmm interesting points made, Forever. Will take those considerations as I continue looking more into the types. I think the reason I keep finding myself more unsure over my Enneagram typing than I did over my MBTI when I first got into that is because I’ve always been astutely aware of my thought process like, how I tend to learn and understand new concepts best and such. So when discovering the various functions, it was really easy to associate labels to the various processes I already knew of in me. For Enneagram though, it’s a bit more complicated. You see, what I know of my inner emotional self, and what I’ve gathered of emotions over time, and how I’ve learned to read and understand people, does not cleanly line up with the enneagram typing system as did the MBTI.

So, hmm...not like what I just typed has anything to do with what you posted lol, but ya, all this is interesting for me to hear, thank you! :)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're considered all 3 Positivism types so, let’s talk about positive outlook or as I like
to call them:

7-Narcissus
2-Too much is never enough
9-The Spineless Slug

AKA everyone is horrible.

7’s and 2’s are both gluttons. Once I got mad at a 7w6 and cut them out of my life for what they
tried to do to me. Some time later they apologized to me and tried to be friends again. Not
because they care about me in any way or actually want to be my friend because they don’t
know me from a brick wall, but, because they can’t stand the idea that anyone dislikes them.
Anyway, that didn’t work out for obvious reasons. 2’s don’t just need love, they need boats and
boats of love. Which is why they’re so proactive, emotive, and helpful. That’s the most direct
route to a shit ton of love. They’re like a bottomless chasm for the love. It’s like crowdsourcing but with
love. One person’s love is not enough. They have that similar need to 9’s but I know that
2’s are generally much more effective at getting love than 9’s are. Because you need to bash
people over the head with compliments and things in order to procure love and 9 is not about
that. People don’t generally feel attracted to the “Jesus” type love healthy 9’s offer, they can only
recognize the more worldly and strings attached love of 2. One person’s love can’t ever really
satisfy a 2. I don’t even think sx/sp and sp/sx two’s work that way. I think they can have one
romantic love but still have all this ancillary platonic love from as many people as possible thing
going on. I also think 2’s are very comfortable with changing their image to maximize love
revenue.

9’s, we don’t need copious amounts of love. We just need love. It’s not good to be a 9 in the
world. The world is not for empaths. Empathising with other people is what makes conflict
agonizing. But I’ve never been one to shy away from pain. I will start conflict and bear the pain it
causes me. Because the alternatives are to be the abused or someone’s lap kitten. Which just
make me want to jump into a woodchipper.

Anyway, don’t be a 9, Dreamer. Be a 7 so you can love yourself more than anyone else ever
could or be a 2 because everyone loves 2’s. Probably because they have no link to 6
whatsoever and therefore can never be counterphobic. Just as no one likes you when you are
23, no one likes you when you’re counterphobic. Probably because you say things like “which
just makes me want to jump into a woodchipper”. There is an all likelihood a section in how to
win friends and influence people that advises one not to say things like that. I of course don’t
know because I am not here to win friends or influence people.

Sorry about the crankiness. I’ll come back and actually explain things in 2 weeks if I can remember.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You're considered all 3 Positivism types so, let’s talk about positive outlook or as I like
to call them:

7-Narcissus
2-Too much is never enough
9-The Spineless Slug

AKA everyone is horrible.

7’s and 2’s are both gluttons. Once I got mad at a 7w6 and cut them out of my life for what they
tried to do to me. Some time later they apologized to me and tried to be friends again. Not
because they care about me in any way or actually want to be my friend because they don’t
know me from a brick wall, but, because they can’t stand the idea that anyone dislikes them.
Anyway, that didn’t work out for obvious reasons. 2’s don’t just need love, they need boats and
boats of love. Which is why they’re so proactive, emotive, and helpful. That’s the most direct
route to a shit ton of love. They’re like a bottomless chasm for the love. It’s like crowdsourcing but with
love. One person’s love is not enough. They have that similar need to 9’s but I know that
2’s are generally much more effective at getting love than 9’s are. Because you need to bash
people over the head with compliments and things in order to procure love and 9 is not about
that. People don’t generally feel attracted to the “Jesus” type love healthy 9’s offer, they can only
recognize the more worldly and strings attached love of 2. One person’s love can’t ever really
satisfy a 2. I don’t even think sx/sp and sp/sx two’s work that way. I think they can have one
romantic love but still have all this ancillary platonic love from as many people as possible thing
going on. I also think 2’s are very comfortable with changing their image to maximize love
revenue.

9’s, we don’t need copious amounts of love. We just need love. It’s not good to be a 9 in the
world. The world is not for empaths. Empathising with other people is what makes conflict
agonizing. But I’ve never been one to shy away from pain. I will start conflict and bear the pain it
causes me. Because the alternatives are to be the abused or someone’s lap kitten. Which just
make me want to jump into a woodchipper.

Anyway, don’t be a 9, Dreamer. Be a 7 so you can love yourself more than anyone else ever
could or be a 2 because everyone loves 2’s. Probably because they have no link to 6
whatsoever and therefore can never be counterphobic. Just as no one likes you when you are
23, no one likes you when you’re counterphobic. Probably because you say things like “which
just makes me want to jump into a woodchipper”. There is an all likelihood a section in how to
win friends and influence people that advises one not to say things like that. I of course don’t
know because I am not here to win friends or influence people.

Sorry about the crankiness. I’ll come back and actually explain things in 2 weeks if I can remember.

Thank you for your input ESFJ, all of this is great! Your depictions of the three positive outlook types helped to add new dimension to them for me as well. I look forward to seeing what more you can say about these types, but if you forget or find yourself too busy to return, no worries. :)

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So...watched the same YouTuber last night but now with a look into the 7 type, and ugh...I can easily identify with this too :doh: Though, what I did find very interesting with this video is when she spoke of tips for 7s to get out of a rut or to find themselves in a healthier place by slowing down and really listening to themselves and introspecting, that’s what I tend to do now. Not as often as I know I should, but I’d say only since the past 2-3 years have I recognized the need to shift gears for a moment and to slow my mind, and to introspect on things. I’ve always switched between extroverting and introverting, but it’s only fairly recently have I considered the introspection period as an actual “thing”, and not just isolation from socializing.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Had my enneagram typing on the back burner for a while now and something just clicked and is leading me in the direction of an 8 wing somewhere, either from the 7 or the 9. I am guessing at this point it comes from my 9.

There is actually quite a bit I can relate to with 8, but I don't see it as my main "front" so it must be a wing, IF I have 8 in me somewhere. Hmm..

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Eh...no. I'm back on the core 7 thought train. Ya, that seems to work for me for now. I mean hell, every turn and direction seems to be me looking to get away, both physically, mentally, emotionally, all that bad juju, unless there's a fruit attached to that, don't give me none of that garbage.