• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused about my type

What could be my type?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFP

• INFP

• INTJ

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENFP

• ESFP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters

confiused_guy

Well from this information, I'd say some kind of ENxP. Maybe ENFP. Your appreciation of the 80s and 90s sounds like an Fi-Si thing, imaging the past in an idealized way. I would recommend taking the socionics test to really help hone in on a type :Tests
Study the differences between Fi and Fe and Te and Ti, I think that will significantly help you too. Look at interviews of celebs who are ENFPs and ENTPs, see who has a demeanor or style of speech similar to your own. This personally helped me.

I did sociotype test and i got LIE-1Te TeNi (ENTj).
Additionally i did keys2cognition and i got:
Se - 34.8
Si - 29.7
Ne - 24.7
Ni - 28.7
Te - 28.7
Ti - 30.6
Fe - 29.7
Fi - 32.9

Breathing

I did sociotype test and i got LIE-1Te TeNi (ENTj).
Additionally i did keys2cognition and i got:
Se - 34.8
Si - 29.7
Ne - 24.7
Ni - 28.7
Te - 28.7
Ti - 30.6
Fe - 29.7
Fi - 32.9

Strange results. Pretty different from the IDR labs one (which I found accurate for me) but hey, narrow down the ENxx types and study them well. I'm sure one will click after you really learn about the functions. Good luck ... :p

confiused_guy

Strange results. Pretty different from the IDR labs one (which I found accurate for me) but hey, narrow down the ENxx types and study them well. I'm sure one will click after you really learn about the functions. Good luck ... :p

I'm confused about whenever i'm a functioning "normally" or i'm in some sort of loop or extreme grip of inferior function. Maybe it's impossible to type myself due to depression

Breathing

I'm confused about whenever i'm a functioning "normally" or i'm in some sort of loop or extreme grip of inferior function. Maybe it's impossible to type myself due to depression

Hm that is very possible. I hope the info I gave will be useful for some future research anyway when you want to revisit mbti. Take care and I hope you feel better, depression is a bitch

Amberiat

Infinity
Depression would definitely make it very difficult to type you properly but going by what others have said as well I think it's very likely you're an ENTP. At the very least your lack of decisiveness and tendency to jump from one idea to another seems like strong Ne to me. It seems that the problem with typing you actually lies somewhere between the Feeling functions, depression sounds like the most obvious culprit here. At the very least I think it's safe to narrow it down to either ENTP or ENFP which is already better than what you started with imho, me personally going with ENTP, although it feels like a 50/50 chance at this point.

I do wish you all the best with managing your depression and I believe you can beat it as long as you don't give up.:D

confiused_guy

Depression would definitely make it very difficult to type you properly but going by what others have said as well I think it's very likely you're an ENTP. At the very least your lack of decisiveness and tendency to jump from one idea to another seems like strong Ne to me. It seems that the problem with typing you actually lies somewhere between the Feeling functions, depression sounds like the most obvious culprit here. At the very least I think it's safe to narrow it down to either ENTP or ENFP which is already better than what you started with imho, me personally going with ENTP, although it feels like a 50/50 chance at this point.

I do wish you all the best with managing your depression and I believe you can beat it as long as you don't give up.:D
What are the core differences between ENTP and ENFP? Can aux Fi appear like aux Ti?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As title suggests, i'm a bit confused about my type. Mainly because i've never had one type who sticks to me. I've got all the types atleast once (exception with ISFJ and ESFJ) and it really starts to get on my mind. I'm the guy who'd like to find true type and stick with it instead of going from one to another.

ENFP

Amberiat

Infinity
Cant that be inferior Si grip?

It does seem like it, I've heard it being described as a feeling of hopelessness for example "I've fucked this up and there's no way to fix it" or "Things will never get better", a general state of despair over pretty much anything.

An ENFP might appear selfish while an ENTP might shy away from social interactions and become obsessed with their own view on life without accepting new ideas, at least that's what I was able to put together in the middle of an exam, sorry if I missed something.

confiused_guy

It does seem like it, I've heard it being described as a feeling of hopelessness for example "I've fucked this up and there's no way to fix it" or "Things will never get better", a general state of despair over pretty much anything.

An ENFP might appear selfish while an ENTP might shy away from social interactions and become obsessed with their own view on life without accepting new ideas, at least that's what I was able to put together in the middle of an exam, sorry if I missed something.

That definitely sounds like me as i tend to obsess over small things and constantly dig in the past for the right answer. I dont see myself as a ENFP purely because i tend to "mimic" other people who i'm like. Sometimes i "regulate" myself around other people because i know if i'd let go myself at full capacity, they wouldnt understand me.

Amberiat

Infinity
That definitely sounds like me as i tend to obsess over small things and constantly dig in the past for the right answer. I dont see myself as a ENFP purely because i tend to "mimic" other people who i'm like. Sometimes i "regulate" myself around other people because i know if i'd let go myself at full capacity, they wouldnt understand me.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you are an ENTP now, at the very least my ENTP friends can definitely relate to what you said, around close friends and people they are very comfortable with they can be really quirky but they are very restrained otherwise and they just go with the flow of other people to fit in most of the time.

confiused_guy

around close friends and people they are very comfortable with they can be really quirky but they are very restrained otherwise and they just go with the flow of other people to fit in most of the time.

Oh yeah, i can relate to them. My brother used to wonder if i'm baked because of commenting on everything and coming with different insights. I still dont rule out myself being ESTP/ISTP but i guess that's because i have very difficult time knowing the core difference between Se and Ne. I know what Ne deals more with ideas and Se more with 5 senses in general. On the other hand, maybe my enneagram has to do with that i appear as other type. So many questions but so little answers.

Amberiat

Infinity
Oh yeah, i can relate to them. My brother used to wonder if i'm baked because of commenting on everything and coming with different insights. I still dont rule out myself being ESTP/ISTP but i guess that's because i have very difficult time knowing the core difference between Se and Ne. I know what Ne deals more with ideas and Se more with 5 senses in general. On the other hand, maybe my enneagram has to do with that i appear as other type. So many questions but so little answers.

Enneagram definitely plays a role in this as well, I know it might be a bit of a hassle but I definitely recommend that you look into that in a bit more detail as well, if you can't really decide on your enneagram type it might be a good idea to look into different MBTI types and how they manifest under different enneagram types.

For starters you could look up descriptions of ENTPs and ENFPs of different enneagram types, or even better, talk to people that fit this criteria if you get the chance and see how they act/talk in general. I guess you might as well look into ESTP/ISTP if you think it's worth it, although I highly doubt you're either of those.

confiused_guy

Enneagram definitely plays a role in this as well, I know it might be a bit of a hassle but I definitely recommend that you look into that in a bit more detail as well, if you can't really decide on your enneagram type it might be a good idea to look into different MBTI types and how they manifest under different enneagram types.

For starters you could look up descriptions of ENTPs and ENFPs of different enneagram types, or even better, talk to people that fit this criteria if you get the chance and see how they act/talk in general. I guess you might as well look into ESTP/ISTP if you think it's worth it, although I highly doubt you're either of those.

Well i've got 3-8-6 (3w4-8w9-6w5). I'm not really familiar with enneagram that much but from what i've seen it's common among ENTP and ESTP alike.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well i've got 3-8-6 (3w4-8w9-6w5). I'm not really familiar with enneagram that much but from what i've seen it's common among ENTP and ESTP alike.

Although you got 3-8-6, you still have to read about those types in order to make your own decision and not simply buy into a test result. Those tests are rarely more than 75% accurate.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cant that be inferior Si grip?

I just know that Si-tertiary, for me, means that I like to get to the bottom of things, to root out the source of something. As for Si-inferior, here's what I found online:
"Intensive projections, focused on quasi-actual things including sexual, financial, and other suspicions such as approaching illness. Creating sudden attachments with rich but unsuitable things; compulsiveness" - Jung

"They focus on opening so many doors at once that they lose sight of what they really want, to the point that everything they have done comes tumbling down on them unrealistically, only leading to want to open more doors and repeat that same cycle." - mindswing

confiused_guy

I just know that Si-tertiary, for me, means that I like to get to the bottom of things, to root out the source of something. As for Si-inferior, here's what I found online:
"Intensive projections, focused on quasi-actual things including sexual, financial, and other suspicions such as approaching illness. Creating sudden attachments with rich but unsuitable things; compulsiveness" - Jung

"They focus on opening so many doors at once that they lose sight of what they really want, to the point that everything they have done comes tumbling down on them unrealistically, only leading to want to open more doors and repeat that same cycle." - mindswing

Well, i certainly have OCD tendencies as obsessing about the solving the problem and desire to be perfect/make a perfect choice.

starberry

Try looking at inferior functions and loops (just google Ne/Fe loop for ENTP and Se/Fe loop for ESTP and maybe check a few others just in case), often one of those will stand out more than the primary function because our primary functions are in a way invisible to us since we use them with such ease. I'd also suggest researching how each function behaves in each of the positions.

and if you're really sure about it only being between ENTP and ESTP try this: Funky MBTI in Fiction * Se/Ni vs Ne/Si