• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused about my type

What could be my type?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFP

• INFP

• INTJ

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENFP

• ESFP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters

confiused_guy

Try looking at inferior functions and loops (just google Ne/Fe loop for ENTP and Se/Fe loop for ESTP and maybe check a few others just in case), often one of those will stand out more than the primary function because our primary functions are in a way invisible to us since we use them with such ease. I'd also suggest researching how each function behaves in each of the positions.

and if you're really sure about it only being between ENTP and ESTP try this: Funky MBTI in Fiction * Se/Ni vs Ne/Si

Thanks. However the more i read the more i become confused about me being Se or Ne dom because those functions look so similar. I guess i could somewhat relate to inferior Ni because i envy those people who can see visions and have mild schizophrenia.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
As title suggests, i'm a bit confused about my type. Mainly because i've never had one type who sticks to me. I've got all the types atleast once (exception with ISFJ and ESFJ) and it really starts to get on my mind. I'm the guy who'd like to find true type and stick with it instead of going from one to another.
That's so weird. I've taken silly tests based on MBTI, serious tests and even a religion-themed one. I've never typed as anything other than INTJ. I have to wonder if people who get "mistyped" are giving honest answers.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since Ne and Se are both extroverted perceiving functions, there are definitely some similarities between them, so I can see where your confusion lies. The main difference is that Ne is focused on the world of ideas, while Se is focused on the sensory world; Ne is focused on hypothetical possibilities, while Se is focused on tangible results; Ne is focused on the future, while Se is focused on the present.

As kind of a hack to figuring out whether you might be ENTP or ESTP, try asking yourself this: Which sounds like something you would more enjoy doing more often--exploring a new theory in a subject that interests you just for the sheer pleasure of learning something, analyzing its merits, and discussing it with others or exploring a new sport, physical activity, or hands-on project? (Keep in mind that it's possible for anyone of any type to like either of those things, but in general, an ENTP is going to be more driven to explore new ideas, and an ESTP is going to be more driven to explore new hands-on activities.)

confiused_guy

Since Ne and Se are both extroverted perceiving functions, there are definitely some similarities between them, so I can see where your confusion lies. The main difference is that Ne is focused on the world of ideas, while Se is focused on the sensory world; Ne is focused on hypothetical possibilities, while Se is focused on tangible results; Ne is focused on the future, while Se is focused on the present.

As kind of a hack to figuring out whether you might be ENTP or ESTP, try asking yourself this: Which sounds like something you would more enjoy doing more often--exploring a new theory in a subject that interests you just for the sheer pleasure of learning something, analyzing its merits, and discussing it with others or exploring a new sport, physical activity, or hands-on project? (Keep in mind that it's possible for anyone of any type to like either of those things, but in general, an ENTP is going to be more driven to explore new ideas, and an ESTP is going to be more driven to explore new hands-on activities.)
I sometimes feel like i'm either trapped in concrete reality or dreamlike state (probably because of inf Ni). I overindulge myself in somewhat hedonistic activities such as over-eating or drinking because then i can feel myself. I'm open to new ideas but i'm very moody when it come to it because sometimes i can agree to it or even disagree depending on moment. I've been wondering whenever i might be ESFP.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I overindulge myself in somewhat hedonistic activities such as over-eating or drinking because then i can feel myself.

I think this statement in particular has an Se feeling to it.

Looking back at your original post, I wonder how you feel about ISFP as a possibility.

confiused_guy

I think this statement in particular has an Se feeling to it.

Looking back at your original post, I wonder how you feel about ISFP as a possibility.

I dont rule it out but i feel like i'm too logical to be Fi-dom. Maybe i'm not seeing my Fi because i dont have very strong morals only strong opinions on some things.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm not a feeler myself, but I think one of the mistakes people sometimes make when typing is assuming that feelers can't use logic. Personally, I've seen feelers construct excellent logical arguments many times. Also, people with dominant Fi don't necessarily have strong morals in the sense of a rigid religious doctrine or something like that which they follow. To my understanding, Fi is more about being in touch with how you personally feel about things and staying true to yourself and what you believe. So if, for instance, what an ISFP believes is that everybody should live and let live, then that ISFP is going to be very relaxed and tolerant, not moralistic in the sense of being rigid or judgmental. In fact, most ISFPs I've known have been of the relaxed and tolerant variety.

You mentioned that you have strong opinions. That could indeed be Fi, especially if you often find yourself checking in with those opinions to guide the decisions you make in life (as opposed to, for instance, checking in with what's most expedient or what can be supported with the most factual evidence).

Honestly, typing yourself is often a long process of reading and reading and reading some more until all the abstract terms about judging and perceiving functions and introverted and extroverted attitudes start to make sense in real-world terms. I would suggest reading a bunch of different descriptions of the types you relate to if you haven't already, then interacting with people of those types here in the forums and reading what they say about themselves. After a little while, you may notice that you identify with a lot of what is being said by one of these groups in particular.

confiused_guy

Well, I'm not a feeler myself, but I think one of the mistakes people sometimes make when typing is assuming that feelers can't use logic. Personally, I've seen feelers construct excellent logical arguments many times. Also, people with dominant Fi don't necessarily have strong morals in the sense of a rigid religious doctrine or something like that which they follow. To my understanding, Fi is more about being in touch with how you personally feel about things and staying true to yourself and what you believe. So if, for instance, what an ISFP believes is that everybody should live and let live, then that ISFP is going to be very relaxed and tolerant, not moralistic in the sense of being rigid or judgmental. In fact, most ISFPs I've known have been of the relaxed and tolerant variety.

You mentioned that you have strong opinions. That could indeed be Fi, especially if you often find yourself checking in with those opinions to guide the decisions you make in life (as opposed to, for instance, checking in with what's most expedient or what can be supported with the most factual evidence).

Honestly, typing yourself is often a long process of reading and reading and reading some more until all the abstract terms about judging and perceiving functions and introverted and extroverted attitudes start to make sense in real-world terms. I would suggest reading a bunch of different descriptions of the types you relate to if you haven't already, then interacting with people of those types here in the forums and reading what they say about themselves. After a little while, you may notice that you identify with a lot of what is being said by one of these groups in particular.

Yeah, i have a lot of trouble seeing a difference between Fi and Ti and everytime i read description i get more confused.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know what you mean. Since Fi and Ti are both introverted judging functions, they definitely have similarities. But if you already know you don't have Fe, then you can rule out Ti since Ti and Fe are always paired.

confiused_guy

I know what you mean. Since Fi and Ti are both introverted judging functions, they definitely have similarities. But if you already know you don't have Fe, then you can rule out Ti since Ti and Fe are always paired.

I dont think that i have Fe as dominant or aux function but not entirely sure about tetr or inferior position. The thing is that i know (or atleast suspect) couple of ISFP and INFP and they seem really non-judgemental which is different from me. I tend to pick up slightest detail from first impression and base my entire opinion about that person from just one thing. It's not like my opinion cannot change after knowing that person but first impression very matters to me. The more i think about my opinions the more i realize that a lot of things are in gray area for example i dont have a desire to raise a family but i dont go out of my way to judge others for wanting to have one. I end up thinking that maybe desire to have a family has a reason on it's own. The more i think about functions the more it raises questions than gives answers.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get the sense that you may be thinking of types and functions in a way that's a bit too narrow, and it seems to be throwing you off.

Fi is an introverted judging function. So, it is always making judgments, but those judgments are often not verbally expressed because the function is turned inward (e.g., these judgments are going on inside the person's head). I think, though, that you may be confusing "making judgments" in this context with being judgmental in the sense of being intolerant. Fi makes judgments all the time, but whether those judgments are tolerant, intolerant, open-minded, closed-minded, progressive, conservative, or whatever else varies from individual to individual. So, for example, you could have an IxFP who belongs to a fundamentalist Christian sect and strongly believes that people should be living according to the moral laws laid out in the Bible, and you could have an IxFP who is an atheist and strongly believes people should be living in whatever ways make them happy as long as they're not hurting anyone. Western society would probably call the first IxFP "judgmental" and the second IxFP "nonjudgmental," but in Myers-Briggs terms, both IxFPs are making judgments about what they believe.

"I tend to pick up slightest detail from first impression and base my entire opinion about that person from just one thing. It's not like my opinion cannot change after knowing that person but first impression very matters to me."

^This actually does sound consistent with Fi to me. Notice the judgment based on a feeling: You pick up an impression and base your entire opinion on that impression.

"The more i think about my opinions the more i realize that a lot of things are in gray area for example i dont have a desire to raise a family but i dont go out of my way to judge others for wanting to have one."

^This is also not inconsistent with Fi. If you don't feel that there's any moral value attached to raising a family or not raising a family, then you're not going to judge others for it one way or the other. Remember that Fi is not about what you value and believe; it's about how you form your values and beliefs. If you form your values and beliefs by checking in with yourself to see how certain ideas make you feel--whether they make you feel at peace or upset or agitated or whatever in response--then, to my understanding, that's Fi. As a Ti user, when I'm trying to decide what I believe about something, I'm not paying much attention to my feelings about it. Instead, I'm trying to reason out which belief makes the most sense. Which belief can I make the strongest rational argument for?

Maybe think of it this way: Although an Fi dom can often make a rational argument to defend their beliefs, they tend to form those beliefs based on how they feel about them, whether the beliefs feel right or wrong. A Ti dom can have strong feelings about their beliefs, but they tend to form those beliefs based on whether they can make a rational argument for them.

Sorry if this is still confusing! Personality typology has a high learning curve, and some people spend years reading about it before they settle on a type.

confiused_guy

I get the sense that you may be thinking of types and functions in a way that's a bit too narrow, and it seems to be throwing you off.

Fi is an introverted judging function. So, it is always making judgments, but those judgments are often not verbally expressed because the function is turned inward (e.g., these judgments are going on inside the person's head). I think, though, that you may be confusing "making judgments" in this context with being judgmental in the sense of being intolerant. Fi makes judgments all the time, but whether those judgments are tolerant, intolerant, open-minded, closed-minded, progressive, conservative, or whatever else varies from individual to individual. So, for example, you could have an IxFP who belongs to a fundamentalist Christian sect and strongly believes that people should be living according to the moral laws laid out in the Bible, and you could have an IxFP who is an atheist and strongly believes people should be living in whatever ways make them happy as long as they're not hurting anyone. Western society would probably call the first IxFP "judgmental" and the second IxFP "nonjudgmental," but in Myers-Briggs terms, both IxFPs are making judgments about what they believe.

"I tend to pick up slightest detail from first impression and base my entire opinion about that person from just one thing. It's not like my opinion cannot change after knowing that person but first impression very matters to me."

^This actually does sound consistent with Fi to me. Notice the judgment based on a feeling: You pick up an impression and base your entire opinion on that impression.

"The more i think about my opinions the more i realize that a lot of things are in gray area for example i dont have a desire to raise a family but i dont go out of my way to judge others for wanting to have one."

^This is also not inconsistent with Fi. If you don't feel that there's any moral value attached to raising a family or not raising a family, then you're not going to judge others for it one way or the other. Remember that Fi is not about what you value and believe; it's about how you form your values and beliefs. If you form your values and beliefs by checking in with yourself to see how certain ideas make you feel--whether they make you feel at peace or upset or agitated or whatever in response--then, to my understanding, that's Fi. As a Ti user, when I'm trying to decide what I believe about something, I'm not paying much attention to my feelings about it. Instead, I'm trying to reason out which belief makes the most sense. Which belief can I make the strongest rational argument for?

Maybe think of it this way: Although an Fi dom can often make a rational argument to defend their beliefs, they tend to form those beliefs based on how they feel about them, whether the beliefs feel right or wrong. A Ti dom can have strong feelings about their beliefs, but they tend to form those beliefs based on whether they can make a rational argument for them.

Sorry if this is still confusing! Personality typology has a high learning curve, and some people spend years reading about it before they settle on a type.

Well, that's the name of the game. I feel like i seek new ideas from external sources and then i check whenever they make sense to me rather than having strong inner values and then seeking similar ones. I sometimes think that i have no inner values and it's just pure chaos on deeper levels of me. Even when picking music i seek that it would reflect my current mood than change it to another.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like i seek new ideas from external sources and then i check whenever they make sense to me rather than having strong inner values and then seeking similar ones. I sometimes think that i have no inner values and it's just pure chaos on deeper levels of me. Even when picking music i seek that it would reflect my current mood than change it to another.

I see what you mean. Yeah, I would associate what you just said more with Ti. So, the best advice I could give to you at this point would be to go into the subforums for the different types that you suspect you might be and spend awhile reading to get a sense for how people of these types think. After awhile, you may notice that one of these types is expressing a lot of thoughts and feelings that you can relate to. That might be your type.

confiused_guy

Okay, guys starting afresh with this questionnaire from questionnaire compilation thread. I'd be thankful for your assistance to help me type myself.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Both of those concepts are very subjective and what one finds beautiful, other people might find disgusting. I think that what is beautiful is actually beautiful to the majority of people. Love is very difficult concept for me to write - it just is something more than mere attraction and lust. I dont feel like you can truly love person without spending more time and getting to know her/him.
2. What are your most important values?
Sometimes i believe that i dont have very obvious and defined values except that person can do whatever he wants without interrupting other people freedom. Usually i just go through motions what makes most sense at that moment than following some inner agenda.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I dont know the exact term but i believe that there's some indescribable (or describable) Godlike creature or mind. Even as someone who graduated in physics, i dont believe that universe was an accident. Basically i'm open to all interpretations about God.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War is just in human nature, there's no good or bad about it. I understand purpose of military as an organization but i dont see myself in it purely because i hate strict environments where i have to follow orders from people who i cannot verify as knowledgeable on that topic. Power to me is the ability to bend other people to your will, to make them see that your cause is the real cause. Cult leaders have the real power as oppose to warmongers or tyrants.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
When i get to know the person, i can spend as much time as it takes (assuming that person is interesting to me). Other times i usually want to get to the point as soon as possible (it largely depends on the mood). My current interests are psychology, pseudo-science, video games, book reading and even those are not very stable and tend to change from time to time.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
I know some stuff about health/medicine but it wouldnt be my go first topic with another person. I'm not really focused on my body when it comes to exercise and stamina because of poor regime. I have areas where i could really improve (even now i'm trying to lose weight, ideally 70 lbs) and sometimes i enjoy feeling pain after occasional exercise.
7. What do you think of daily chores?
You gotta do what you're gotta do. Something i dont like doing nor enjoy it immensely but it's for the greater good.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I remember enjoying Dark Tower book series, Brave New World, 1984, Dan Brown conspiracy books. For the most part i'm okay with fantasy/sci-fi as long as it subtle and believable. I liked Matrix, Drive, Bladerunner (both of them because of OST), Prometheus, Casino Royale and etc.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Sometimes i cry from the overall feeling when sitting at cinema at watching a movie. It feels like i'm crying because of awe. Usually i smile because of goofy and comedic elements because there's something that makes me laugh.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I feel more when i'm around other people when i'm at one with the environment it makes me think about myself and be somewhat melancholic.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I can definitely be impulsive, moody and too talkative. On the other hand i can switch into being distant, serious and somewhat cold individual. I dislike that i'm such an aimless person who usually lives from day to day and i'm envy of those people who have it together. Another thing that i hate is that i send a lot of hot and cold signals which might be interpreted in the wrong way.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
I'm quite insightful and know how to lighten up the mood (if i want to). I like the most about myself is humor sense and mental curiosity to try something new.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
To have confidence in myself that i can overcome whatever might come at me and ability not to feel such fear of punishment.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
I'm currently at rut/routine which makes me feel like suffocated. I cant relax after job unless it's weekend and even then i feel doom about next week. Sometimes i just to run away from everything but i dont know where.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I hate people who cant return the same investment i give to them. I like good humor sense, flexibility, intelligence and other qualities which could make person interesting to me. I dislike snobs, pretentious people and people who feel entitled to special behavior because of some dumb reason.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
As i've said before i have punishment issues therefore romance/sex seems like too much of a thing to take risk. I guess general compatibility with partner would be nice with additional humor sense, honestly and a bit of fiery personality.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I wouldnt want to have a spineless children who just does absolutely nothing. My main concern would be use of too much technology as an excuse to occupy child. I'd be liberal father but with clear boundaries.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
My first thought would be to know why he or she feels in that way, i mean whats the reasoning behind it. It also very depends on context and tone in which that is said. If it's playful banter then i wouldnt care that much but if it's just outright attack then i might get angry and vocal.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I feel like there are social rules which majority of people follow but that doesnt mean that i have to follow them. I see people as different groups on Earth. I guess one of the biggest problems is that rich get richer and poor gets poorer.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose the friends purely on how much we connect and have fun. I'm more relaxed and jolly around them but even then i tend to choose what to talk around them because you cant talk with every person in the same manner or even use the same jokes. I somewhat adapt to the whole group dynamic.
21. How do you behave around strangers?
It also depends on circumstances but i tend to be expecting anything from person aka putting a lot of energy into scanning surroundings and then either becoming more distant or more friendlier.