Thread: ENTP or ESTP?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Default ENTP or ESTP?

After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while. However, people who understand typology better than I do have either figured me as an ENTP or ESTP. And now I want to know which is really the better fit. I have both enneagram 3 and 8 in my tritype, which might me look more Te/Se-ish. I know people are prone to mistype as intuitive. I find it really hard to determine whether or not I'm more practical or imaginative etc. I always get things done, but I spend more time thinking about patterns than details.

In favor of me being a Ne-dom: I have a lot of very different interests, and know a little about many different things. I like starting new projects... but rarely finish them unless they're related to work or my studies. I love intellectual debates and playing the devil's advocate. I chose a field of study which is heavily based on maths and models, and I enjoy it. I like to try new things, even when I think I might not like them, just because they're new. I'm very goofy/silly/punny. I'm quite "nerdy" in general. I relate to descriptions of inferior Si a lot.
    Things that make me doubt being a Ne-dom: My creativity is very unpredictable. When I studied music I'd write a few things every year, and I'd write each song in one or two days. Most of the time I didn't really have any ideas that I wanted to explore. I don't trust brainstorming. I struggle to come up with good thesis ideas (after coming up with a bunch of ideas that were impossible to implement because of lack of access to data or statistical issues, I asked my supervisor for advice and he handed me an idea that I happened to like). I might appear more Ne-ish because of my many experiences with psychadelics. I don't know that I was very imaginative as a kid, I never had any make believe friends and most of my drawings were horses and faces (up until age 13 or so). My sense of style/aesthetics is very conservative.

In favor of me being a Se-dom: I place a lot of emphasis on "the good things in life". I love good food, wine, sex, drugs... and would prefer to drive a nice car over going on a vacation to a new place. I feel super energized in situations where I have to be present in the moment (even though it's hard for me), such as being on stage or riding roller coasters. I'm VERY aware of power structures and hierarchies everywhere, and I absolutely avoid being controlled at all costs. I can see how inferior Ni would make sense for me, but to a lesser extent than inferior Si.
    Things that make me doubt being a Se-dom: I'm a nerd. I don't like sports very much - if there were no health benefits I'd never do it. I'm not very good at being in the moment, my mind is usually very busy. Fashion, make up, clubs etc bore me to death.

Does this sound more Se or Ne to you?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

entp

my condolensces

Reason: After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while.

That wont ever happen to estp
    Likes ugghh, Norexan liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    entp

my condolensces

Reason: After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while.

That wont ever happen to estp

Indeed, how tragic it is for an ENTP typing to befall such a wonderful human being
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Indeed, how tragic it is for an ENTP typing to befall such a wonderful human being
    oh you are enfp now, what was the last thing intj?

You can only dream about what it means to be an asshole
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

ENTP
    True Neutral 8 1 3 5 7 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017
    === Challenger Perfectionist Motivator Thinker===

“...throw roses into the abyss and say: 'here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in swallowing me alive.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    ENTP
    what do you know

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

what do you know
    She is not dom Se. I don't see connection with INTJ and ESTP because they are usually scored as ENTJ.
    She is just ENTP with dom Ne out of control like Hank Moody and that's it. )
    True Neutral 8 1 3 5 7 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017

“...throw roses into the abyss and say: 'here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in swallowing me alive.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Likes ugghh liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

She is not dom Se. I don't see connection with INTJ and ESTP because they are usually scored as ENTJ. She is just ENTP with their dom Ne out of control like Hand Moody and that's it.
    ok you lost me on she

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

ok you lost me on she
    And who are you?

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

And who are you?
    I am noone

I got his/her problem in the first sentence, more I did not read