• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or ESTP?

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while. However, people who understand typology better than I do have either figured me as an ENTP or ESTP. And now I want to know which is really the better fit. I have both enneagram 3 and 8 in my tritype, which might me look more Te/Se-ish. I know people are prone to mistype as intuitive. I find it really hard to determine whether or not I'm more practical or imaginative etc. I always get things done, but I spend more time thinking about patterns than details.

In favor of me being a Ne-dom: I have a lot of very different interests, and know a little about many different things. I like starting new projects... but rarely finish them unless they're related to work or my studies. I love intellectual debates and playing the devil's advocate. I chose a field of study which is heavily based on maths and models, and I enjoy it. I like to try new things, even when I think I might not like them, just because they're new. I'm very goofy/silly/punny. I'm quite "nerdy" in general. I relate to descriptions of inferior Si a lot.
Things that make me doubt being a Ne-dom: My creativity is very unpredictable. When I studied music I'd write a few things every year, and I'd write each song in one or two days. Most of the time I didn't really have any ideas that I wanted to explore. I don't trust brainstorming. I struggle to come up with good thesis ideas (after coming up with a bunch of ideas that were impossible to implement because of lack of access to data or statistical issues, I asked my supervisor for advice and he handed me an idea that I happened to like). I might appear more Ne-ish because of my many experiences with psychadelics. I don't know that I was very imaginative as a kid, I never had any make believe friends and most of my drawings were horses and faces (up until age 13 or so). My sense of style/aesthetics is very conservative.

In favor of me being a Se-dom: I place a lot of emphasis on "the good things in life". I love good food, wine, sex, drugs... and would prefer to drive a nice car over going on a vacation to a new place. I feel super energized in situations where I have to be present in the moment (even though it's hard for me), such as being on stage or riding roller coasters. I'm VERY aware of power structures and hierarchies everywhere, and I absolutely avoid being controlled at all costs. I can see how inferior Ni would make sense for me, but to a lesser extent than inferior Si.
Things that make me doubt being a Se-dom: I'm a nerd. I don't like sports very much - if there were no health benefits I'd never do it. I'm not very good at being in the moment, my mind is usually very busy. Fashion, make up, clubs etc bore me to death.

Does this sound more Se or Ne to you?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entp

my condolensces

Reason: After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while.

That wont ever happen to estp

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
entp

my condolensces

Reason: After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while.

That wont ever happen to estp

Indeed, how tragic it is for an ENTP typing to befall such a wonderful human being :newwink:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Indeed, how tragic it is for an ENTP typing to befall such a wonderful human being :newwink:

oh you are enfp now, what was the last thing intj?

You can only dream about what it means to be an asshole :)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
what do you know

She is not dom Se. I don't see connection with INTJ and ESTP because they are usually scored as ENTJ.
She is just ENTP with dom Ne out of control like Hank Moody and that's it. )

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
She is not dom Se. I don't see connection with INTJ and ESTP because they are usually scored as ENTJ. She is just ENTP with their dom Ne out of control like Hand Moody and that's it. :)

ok you lost me on she

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am noone :)

I got his/her problem in the first sentence, more I did not read

I actually read text. Every dom Ne user must find his/her Si. Si is very important function because only Si can focus Ne to don't do stupid things and self-control is a key. As he/she grows he/she would realize that and her life will be much more easier. :)

For example Se wants to do concrete things while Ne wants to explore things.
Dom Se user are fear for be worthless that they are not good enough to do things...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ummm... I tend to test as an INTJ, so your assumptions are broken, I'm afraid :)

I also love exploring things and places... it gives me abilities

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ummm... I tend to test as an INTJ, so your assumptions are broken, I'm afraid :)

I also love exploring things and places... it gives me abilities

I include also influences of the past in mind which makes him/her ESTP but I still think he/she is dom Ne who just want to play. :)

Computron_19

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
3w4
fact that u think this much about type would make me say Ne by default. :shock:

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have decided that I'm going to assume that I'm ENTP until I get a good reason to doubt it lol. Thanks you guys!!

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
"ESTP does what ENTP is afraid to do. ENTP does what ESTP thinks is not doable." :)

rav3n

After originally scoring INTJ on some online test, reading a bit and concluding that I'm not an Ni-dom or an introvert I entertained the possibility of being ENTJ for a while. However, people who understand typology better than I do have either figured me as an ENTP or ESTP. And now I want to know which is really the better fit. I have both enneagram 3 and 8 in my tritype, which might me look more Te/Se-ish. I know people are prone to mistype as intuitive. I find it really hard to determine whether or not I'm more practical or imaginative etc. I always get things done, but I spend more time thinking about patterns than details.

In favor of me being a Ne-dom: I have a lot of very different interests, and know a little about many different things. I like starting new projects... but rarely finish them unless they're related to work or my studies. I love intellectual debates and playing the devil's advocate. I chose a field of study which is heavily based on maths and models, and I enjoy it. I like to try new things, even when I think I might not like them, just because they're new. I'm very goofy/silly/punny. I'm quite "nerdy" in general. I relate to descriptions of inferior Si a lot.
Things that make me doubt being a Ne-dom: My creativity is very unpredictable. When I studied music I'd write a few things every year, and I'd write each song in one or two days. Most of the time I didn't really have any ideas that I wanted to explore. I don't trust brainstorming. I struggle to come up with good thesis ideas (after coming up with a bunch of ideas that were impossible to implement because of lack of access to data or statistical issues, I asked my supervisor for advice and he handed me an idea that I happened to like). I might appear more Ne-ish because of my many experiences with psychadelics. I don't know that I was very imaginative as a kid, I never had any make believe friends and most of my drawings were horses and faces (up until age 13 or so). My sense of style/aesthetics is very conservative.

In favor of me being a Se-dom: I place a lot of emphasis on "the good things in life". I love good food, wine, sex, drugs... and would prefer to drive a nice car over going on a vacation to a new place. I feel super energized in situations where I have to be present in the moment (even though it's hard for me), such as being on stage or riding roller coasters. I'm VERY aware of power structures and hierarchies everywhere, and I absolutely avoid being controlled at all costs. I can see how inferior Ni would make sense for me, but to a lesser extent than inferior Si.
Things that make me doubt being a Se-dom: I'm a nerd. I don't like sports very much - if there were no health benefits I'd never do it. I'm not very good at being in the moment, my mind is usually very busy. Fashion, make up, clubs etc bore me to death.

Does this sound more Se or Ne to you?
Try this test and post all the results, including every |, dot and dash, from top to bottom of the results page.

Big Five Personality Test

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Difference between them:
ENTP are enormous risk takers about everything you can imagine and theoretic. dom Ne
ESTP are the most realistic type and insecure a lot more, calculating as well. Everything what they do is guided by impulses. inf Ni