• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Care to join the last questionnaire I'll do? Need some last inights about me

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
Hi guys, it's been a while, I took a long break from the forum to get some peace of mind.
I started see a therapist, it's helping me learn a lot of things about myself, since I'm having a hard time in introspection! So, I thought I could grab the opportunity to come clean in all my answer, since I'm still having difficulties figuring out my functions!
If you want to join, I'd be grateful.

Just a little info: English is not my native language, so maybe is not very correct what I write, and, then, I tried all possible free test around the web, even socionics one ( and several forums where people typed me LII/INTP in MBTI terms or ESE/ESFJ in MBTI, but I think they are pretty far off the reality, I don't like Socionics as a theory, even after I studied it, it uses a lot more stereotypes than MBTI and it overcomplicates things), I generally got ExFx as results, but, some other times, INF or even INT, so, I won't focus on them too much

Here I Go:
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Not sure, I'm having a really hard time figuring myself out and sterpping back and analyze myself... I am confused, because I'm quite a walking contradiction, I don't make really complex reasonings like Intuitives generally do, I'm generally the first to tell them "Just relax and don't overthink and overcomplicate trivial things", but I'm one hell of an overthinker myself (and have a really vivid imagination and fantasy, I played with fantasy with my friends when I was a child) , especially about my future purpose (I had a hard time understanding what university I should have done, since I rely too much on experiencing things beforehand, ending up in worrying about the future and put doubts in myself like "Is this what I REALLY want to do?") and in romance, I think I'm too "weird" and not very romantic to find someone who would appreciate me. When I'm really tired, I feel completely disconnected from the outer world, focusing only on my thoughts inside of me and doing things "mechanically" and making errors.
Also, sometimes I can act really assertively, other times I just look for harmony and peace, I'm for the "Live and let live" motto, as long as someone doesn't interfere with my life, I'd do so too. I'm pretty sure I'm an Enneagram 9 if it helps.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I mostly want happiness and peace of mind, having something like a really solid family and people that I love on which I can count on, while realizing myself and my wishes, making something as a Job that makes me feel "complete" and not just something that I have to do to get the money and keep things going.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel at my finest when I know I'm doing something I love, something I would do all day and leaves a smile on my face. I like helping others too, I generally have the role of a counselor and their "inner voice" to my friends (I can be very blunt and direct in this, but while trying not to hurt them in doing so), sometimes people just need to hear what they lock down deep inside their heart.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I am overwhelmed by possibilities that I end up not managing to make a decision, ending up just in an apathic state while not wanting to do anything at all, feeling overwhelmed by boredom and in a loop that makes me say "I need to pick a decision, but I can't find the strenght to do so", ending up not doing a thing and being left behind.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

How my decision will end up in the future? Would really work? How is this path I will take? Would it be tiring as hell? Would make me feel realized in the end? Would it help me make a difference for the others and the world? I will enjoy it and have fun, or it will just end up being a wrong choice that I will regret and ending up obliged to do so to live a normal life?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I did't have many friends while I was in the 5th grade of high school, but I had the funniest trip of my life; I was with my best friends of the 4th grade and I stayed with them (even if I was supposed to go in the room with my classmates), we played cards at Prague all evening and then went out to drink some of the finest beers while singing with a guy playing live at the irish pub! But all of the trip was fun as hell.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I prefer an hands on approach, for example, while learning clarinet I was playing the instrument to learn the positions of fingers and playing by hear rather than strictly following the sheet, while my teacher usually explained the theorical part to me.
I hate memorization, my memory kinda sucks. While I study theories, I get them, but I need explanatory examples or application to maximize my study.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I’m chaotic and my room is a mess, but I generally reach a point (not so terrible) when I feel the urge to clean everything up and put things in order, I can become quite perfectionist while doing so.
In life, I generally make a mental plan before diving in the project, or just make arrangements in my life(like organizing my week in time, not at the last second), I feel the urge to have order, but I'm open to changes when not so abrupt or far off my original program, but I won't say I follow it blindly.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

A combination of these two, but I generally prefer to collect all possible information on a certain case and present them as a data, generally making schemes (I prefer to write them down rather than keeping them in my mind), while in theorethical study, I prefer to understand the principles that determines it, but I generally have a strong preference for data and information gathering.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

It depends, I like to keep the harmony in groups, but I won't hesitate to stand my ground or proclaim my values (or of another one of people close to me) when threathened, so, I say I have a definite preference for the 2nd.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I generally think before speaking, but, when "triggered" by something, I spit the first thing that comes into my mind; I like to make others know what I think every time, without formulating or elaborating too much, only when necessary to make others understand.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

On some things I'm quite impulsive, especially if "minor" things like buying a videogame, dealing with people or choosing a food, but on my biggest decisions I overthink a lot and collect all possible information about it rather than just jumping in.
Definitely the 2nd possibility is what defines me most.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Friends definitely, there are several ways to rewatch a show, so I can do it whenever I want.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

As I said above, I end up being paralyzed and impossibiliated to make a choice, entering in an apathy state while feeling overwhelmed by possibilities and not acting as I usually do. Everything becomes boring, I feel the urge to run away in a tranquil place and just empty my mind, leaving everything behind; I become scared of what the future holds and stuck in the circumstances without freedom to escape.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When people talk exaggerating themselves or tell a lot of lies just to impress others, I easily get when someone is acting, or when someone is saying something to try to convince to join their ranks and I really despise them when doing so, feeling the urge to put them at thier place (but generally not doing it if that one is a stranger, while, if someone I know, I easily speak my mind).
I hate deceivers and manipulators, it always lead to a narcissistic tendency that end up destroying everything around them, sooner or later.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I could talk about everything and nothing, makes no difference to me as long as I'm having a good time.
I prefer sharing our life experiences or the things we learned when studying a common topic of interest, rather than pure theoretical or political discussions; In these kind of discussion, I generally end up talking about the consequence of a particular choice and to what I guess, in my opinion, will lead in the future, so it's not a very proficuous exchange! (my bad, I know)

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I'm clumsy as hell, so I can become quite forgetful on my surroundings when focused on something, or just tired (like missing the bus stop or so on), but recently I'm learning to develop my Se. Also, sometimes I'm accused of "forgetting" simple gestures in romance, or appointment with friends if not written down, oops.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They generally say I have a strong rational approach to troubles and I'm quite analytical, while paying attention to the inner side of people; they say I always have a word for every possible situation and an answer to possible issues, but I can also let go and be quite loud sometimes, if I feel good, kinda just living in the moment when this situation arise; They say I'm very kind and gentle, and I generally have a tendency to remain collected and calm when a critical situation arise. I don't think their perception is wrong, but it's not complete, since I have a strong romantic and emotional side than I don't generally show off, especially not with words, i Prefer different types of demonstrations!

They probably will never said I enjoy hurting people, or that I remain constant and stick with my decisions.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Relaxing, practicing my electric bass or catching up on some anime and TV shows that I'm following and I left behind/playing video games. If the weather is good, definitely I'd love a walk or a cycling out in the nature near the riverside or in the city center , relaxing my mind and letting things go, even alone.
But in the evening I'd definitely love to meet my friends at a pub and drink a beer and chat a little, better if smoking narghilè or my pipe.

I think this is the best questionnaire I answered so far, and I am satisfied with every answer I gave, the psychotherapy is really helping me a lot to come out and understand myself! If you had the patience to read so far, I thank you kindly.
Peace be upon you and have a good week.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
You sound like an ExxP type, maybe an ENFP.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely an Fi user. I'm thinking ISFP.

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm getting an XNFP vibe from this. How do you feel about those two types?

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
Hey guys ( [MENTION=35809]ugghh[/MENTION] , [MENTION=32008]Mesmeric_Moon[/MENTION] [MENTION=31860]wildmoon[/MENTION] ), thanks for the help! I'm sorry for the late answer, I was away from the forum a bit!
I've been typed in another questionnaire as an ISFP, so, maybe you're right about the Heavy Fi usage!
Between INFP and ENFP I'm honestly very indecisive, because I think I have quite a good usage of the Te function (so much that people even said to me that I must be definitely a thinker, pointing to INTP mostly...) , but it makes most sense the "rut" part for the INFP...
To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm an Extrovert or an Introvert, I'm reading Jung's book about it, hoping to find something that makes most sense!
I generally am quite "Extrovert" in the approach with people (I've been also diagnosed with a probable Hyperactivity), but I am really private and, generally, could be quite shy around strangers...
I'm not sure guys, lately is becoming difficult to auto-analyze myself :/

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Hey [MENTION=35740]Jackobus[/MENTION], welcome back. I wouldn't worry too much about analysing yourself if it's hard. You can always just consider yourself an xNFP.
I think it's normal for people to have decent use of their 'lower' functions, and ENFPs especially can seem very T-ish. I've read that it's also common for some ENFPs to be shy, and for some INFPs to be outgoing.
In what situations do you use Te most? ENFPs generally use it to take charge in situations and organise people, whereas INFPs use it when they're learning technical skills.