• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is your title running? You better make it catchy!

CaptainDDC

Hello, now that I have some actual real-world experience I think I'd like to give this typology thing another go.

Enneagram and MBTI are my main area of interest. Here's a survey I did on another forum. My wife says I'm a bit toned down if that helps.

Thanks!

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Relaxation and Intrigue with a tinge of competence. I want to be able to relax and explore my hobbies and interests in life. I want to have free time to explore books, film, music, and to engage in activities. I'm a teacher that mainly does it for love of subject, love of sharing the value of said subject, and the freedom in my schedule to still balance my life. (After finals week)

I want to be perceived as competent at my job but I will not become a workaholic and I will maintain my independence even if that costs me down the road. I can always do something else. I don't worry about the image of success. As long as my work provides me enough mental and emotional stimulation and creative freedom, I'm happy.

I want romance and kids. That's exciting. I guess I like to have it all in balance even if that may be overly optimistic and something I'll have to work for. I jokingly tell people my default is lazy but motivate me at your own cost. Once I start, I don't stop.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

Learning as much as I can and enjoying the humor in everything along the way. Maybe do something big that will change a place or something small that will change a person. Size doesn't matter. Honeslty, there are days I want to be the President of the United States and days I want to just skip to retirment so I can sleep all day and travel without any obligations.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I don't want to be like one of my friends. Who is so serious and walks around all day with a resting face of displeasure and anger even if he/she is feeling fine. I value humor and humility. Life can be serious but taking it in strides and with the senese of humor and recognition that sometimes you can't control others makes for a better day. I don't want to come home everyday feeling like a failure or a burden to someone. Spontaneity is valuable even if I may not be perfectly spontaneous.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

Being viewed as a burden. That's basically saying to me that my identity as a person bothers you. Second? The feeling of being trapped by circumstances.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

Intelligent, Funny, and Human, I see myself as a bit more awkward than I'd probably like to be. Instead of James Bond, I'm more Doctor Who.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Some exciting event or idea. Alone time with a book or film. Relaxation. If I have to be with people, then seeing a movie. Dining in a new joint. Exploring with funny people. My worst?

The feeling that all my actions are unfairly scrutinized all the time by people in both professional and personal situations. I have a high energy style (despite not being very extroverted) and am very opinionated so I can bring that on myself.

7. Describe how you experience each of a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

A: Deeply. I'd describe it as almost moral outrage when it happens. Even over small stuff. Like Larry David fEnthusiasmyour Enthusiam but naturally not as extreme.

B. When I feel ashamed I usually deflect and start to angerly blame others and myself. Then I become reclusive.

C. Humorous deflection, awkward apologies, and many times angry spiteful comments if it is someone making me anxious.

8. Describe how you respond to each of a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

A) Procrastination, Frustration, Reclusion and Avoidance, Over-sleeping until the feeling goes away or over-working if it is work related stress.

B) I usually take it in strides unless it's stupid and which point I usually vent to someone in humourous annoyance.

C) Deflection either with humor or by pointing out ways I've done well. With the boss, I often end the conflict by appealing to their ego and sense of duty.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

A) Extreme skepticism. Too many authority figures in my life have been fake or too disciplinarian. Naturally, the ones that are not like this tend to be the better ones.

B) I like having some power in social situations and personal circumstances. I do dream of what I could accomplish often if I was given more authority. However, my style is more mental and moralistic. And there are positions of power I'd be good at and some I know are desgned for more people-pleasers and micro-managers. So not me. Plus, I do fear I'd become everything I dislike about authority with too much, well, authority.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

History ebbs and flows but ones life is isolated to one's choices. (Not discounting circumstances)

The potential for greatness is high. I personally think we are ebbing to a high point soon despite the division we see around us. Though it may not be easy to acheive.

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The MBTI stuff about you looks very ENFP to me. How do you feel about that type?

As far as enneagram goes, I'd guess your tritype is 872, but I'm less well read on that than MBTI.

CaptainDDC

The MBTI stuff about you looks very ENFP to me. How do you feel about that type?

As far as enneagram goes, I'd guess your tritype is 872, but I'm less well read on that than MBTI.

Yeah, I actually came to the ENFP conclusion just a few days ago. Glad to see someone say it on here! I think it's pretty accurate.

And, if you don't mind, what strikes you as Eightish? I haven't considered 8.

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I actually came to the ENFP conclusion just a few days ago. Glad to see someone say it on here! I think it's pretty accurate.

And, if you don't mind, what strikes you as Eightish? I haven't considered 8.

Q4:
"Being viewed as a burden. That's basically saying to me that my identity as a person bothers you. Second? The feeling of being trapped by circumstances."
and
Q7:
"Deeply. I'd describe it as almost moral outrage when it happens. Even over small stuff. Like Larry David fEnthusiasmyour Enthusiam but naturally not as extreme. "

This and some other things sound like a low level 8 fix to me. I could be wrong about that though.