• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please? :)

susanpevensies

Enneagram
1w9
Hi! Thank you for visiting this thread :) Just a few pointers before you read the rest of this!

> I'm almost positive that I use Si. I'm very attached and sentimental to little things, and my entire room is stacked with childhood mementos. I never throw out anything during spring cleaning, because I assign the object some sort of sentimental value -- I basically have a mental breakdown when I lose a friend, or even lose something practical by accident. I can relive memories in clear, visual detail and I usually over-think things that will happen in the future. I know when things are "different" or "out-of-place" somehow, but I can never place what exactly is different immediately; it usually takes a few moments for me to figure it out.

> I'm also almost positive that I'm introverted, because I'm very quiet and have a hard time speaking up. I'm very drained when I'm around people or crowds; I'm strangely motivated to attend social gatherings, but usually chicken out on the day of the event.

Moving on to actual things I'm not 100% sure of:

> I'm not sure if I use Fi or Fe. I feel like I could be an INFP, because the Fi/Te does make sense. I always thought that I could be a strong Te user, but I think that side of me only comes out when I'm extremely provoked. I've never gotten along well with my dad, so I become very cold and pseudo-rational when I'm arguing with him. Still, I'm very aloof and serious unless I'm with people I'm comfortable talking to –– I have this weird thing about being polite and being on time / keeping promises / appearing polished and "fitting-in" with the rest of the group, so that might tie into Fe. I'm not a natural leader, but I can assume leadership roles very easily when I think it's necessary.

> Ti and Te is difficult for me. I feel like I'm very analytical and quietly detached and make decisions in my own head (Ti) but when I'm very stressed, I usually resort to barking out orders and being a little cruel (Te.) I'm not very witty, and I'm definitely not quick on my feet –– but I'm kind of a natural liar and I can make up semi-believable stories when I'm lying, which is concerning. Te really only comes out when I'm provoked and stressed and angry enough that I feel the need to bring up cold facts and data; Ti is usually what is simmering below the surface when I'm people-watching or trying to come to a conclusion or something.

> I would honestly like to believe that I'm very organized and neat and polished, but maybe not. I feel unprepared and unbelievably nervous without a fixed, structured plan though. I'm not sure that I plan out every single detail, but I always have some sort of game plan; I never dive headfirst into the situation. Again, I'm not very quick on my feet or resourceful, so I wouldn't be able to see opportunities in my environment or use them. I procrastinate and work closer to the due date, but it really depends –– sometimes I work in quick bursts of inspiration, sometimes I chip away at the project a little at a time. I write a lot though, and my poetry usually flows very well –– I've never planned enough to write a full-length novel. I often have too many ideas that are based on things I've read or watched, but I never really end up finishing most of them.

> I like reading and writing, but I'm sure that can be true of every personality type. Sometimes I self-insert myself into a fictional universe (not one that I've invented, one that already exists in films and books) and mostly interact with one character that I'm especially fond of –– to accomplish this, I usually have to take out another character that's in the way or invent some sort of plan to easily insert myself into the story. I'm not sure how to describe this, but it really plays out like a movie or a storyboard that I daydream about when I'm walking around or pacing in front of the bathroom mirror. This comes to me very easily.

> When I'm angry, I'm transparent about it. There's this one moment before the action / my words that I wonder if what I'm doing will help in the long-term, but I usually go through with it anyway –– my words are so overt that my "victim" doesn't seem affected by it, anyway, but I feel brief satisfaction before the obvious avalanche of guilt.

> I'm honestly not sure about Ni or Ne. When I'm talking, I use one point and stick to it and develop it –– I don't ramble off or talk in tangents like Ne users I know. I find things that I think are interesting, and I develop those points. I don't have those "a-ha!" moments that Ni users have; sometimes, I can tell that something is going wrong or right, but I'm sure that's pretty common for all personality types. We all have "gut feelings," but I don't follow my intuition most of the time. Still, I'm very fascinated by psychology and writing, but I've never actually taken concrete steps to study anything in those fields –– I'm just fascinated by them. I think that's why I think that I also might be an ISFJ.

> My brother is a self-proclaimed ISTJ, and he gets me and makes me laugh. We have the same sense of humor. I'm usually called very "boring" or "calm" and I don't really know what to say most of the time; I do have these moments where I really connect with someone over a conversation about –– interestingly enough –– the future. When we have a deeper conversation, I'm really excited to continue the conversation on another day –– I actively force myself to talk to that person because I really like those connections. That being said, my goals for the future are pretty practical and grounded in reality; I want to be a journalist or maybe a psychologist, and I'm materialistic.

I am seriously considering ISFJ or INFP, but if you think if it's something else, please tell me! :) I would love to hear your opinions!

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
okay so i'm new to typoC but i've been into typology for a few years now and here's my 2 cents, top to bottom-

> i'm an inferior Si user and even i can relate to a lot of the Si things you mentioned but i don't experience it as intensely, for example, assigning emotional value to objects, i do it but usually it's very specific objects and i have no problem throwing things out that i'm not going to use/put up on display, atleast a little while later anyway. And i can recall things of value from memories but never full visual detail. For you, it seems to be much more stronger so you could be Si dom. Also, overthinking how things may go wrong in the future could be Ne inferior. You should try comparing these things with an INFP to see to what degree they relate to it.

> If you're introverted then that leaves 8 types and if you're certain you use Si then that leaves ISTJ, ISFJ, INTP, INFP. You can try reading more about Se and contrast it with Si to be sure.

> INFPs are Fi DOMS so ask yourself if you VERY STRONGLY relate to having your own system of values and what is right and wrong. I think strong Fi users usually know that they're Fi users because it's just something so important to us at our core.. and INFPs also have this thing where they apply Ne to their Fi and think of different potential situations (even if they might never happen) to check how they would handle those situations, how they may affect their values/opinions and what decision they may take. It's like evaluating and then re-evaluating your values/behavior to make sure it's in line with your sense of right & wrong. Fi users can also be pretty hard on themselves when they violate their own values, maybe even if it happened unknowingly. An ISFJ may still relate to some of this as IxFJs in general can be pretty individualistic because they have Fi on their 6th and according to socionics, you're good with your 6th function, its processing just happens unconsciously (not to say that these socionics "rules" have much weight but i HAVE seen this one to be true with almost all the people i've typed including me). And strong Fi users are usually good with Fe too, especially if one of their core values is social harmony and being good to people. I don't mind disrupting the group harmony just a bit and asserting myself though when i think something is just not right.
OH OH I KNOW, one big difference may be in the process of how you relate to other people. When using Fi, you're constantly putting yourself in others' shoes when they share their problems with you. It is like second nature (i'm doing it even now as i type this XD). Hell, you may not even be able to empathize much if you don't relate to the feeling all that well personally. But if you do relate, it's intense and you understand WHY the other person is feeling what they're feeling, xNFPs can see what all things lead up to this emotion. From what i understand, Fe is more sympathizing than empathizing, it doesn't need to relate to the other person's plight or know why they feel this way, it just naturally FEELS in tune with what the other person feels and strives for emotional harmony and balance in its social groups. And Fe users absorb the emotions of their people, they may sometimes have trouble distinguishing between their own emotions and others' emotions. Fi user's own mood usually won't be affected as much after hearing someone else's sad story. Lol i can rant on forever about Fi/Fe, you can ask me more if you want to XD

> The thing about being on time and fitting into the group, i'm NEVER on time (Ne dom XD) and i could care less about social norms, i only follow the ones that i personally think are worth following, i think same goes for INFPs. And i love it when i find a bunch of people (or even just one person) where i fit in, having your group of homies is amazing but it is NEVER at the expense of my individuality. In general, i don't really have a need to socially fit in (hell, i think Fi likes standing out somewhat XD) ...it's more about finding a bunch of awesome people who have similar values to me/who are OPEN, finding the right kind of people. Fitting into a group of cool individuals as an individual (notice emphasis on individual XD). All my close friends are carefully hand-picked and they're all very different.

> I'd say a Te user can also easily relate to being detached/in their head while making decisions and Ti can relate to putting things in order, thinking is just thinking, what makes them different is if you value internal logic or applying logic in your surroundings. Both can be equally logical, here's my basic understanding of the differences between the two:
Ti likes knowing things for the sake of knowing things. Ti users often know random facts about stuff and they like to get to know the underlying principals behind concepts. Ti has this whole inner system of understanding and it keeps on adding more things to it as it goes on, but may ignore the things that don't make sense to it according to that inner system. I believe that Ti's pro is that it questions everything and doesn't trust external information easily so it can find inconsistencies within external logical systems (much like how Fi finds inconsistencies within external/societal values). And its con is that sometimes it may just outright reject external information if it doesn't fit into its internal understanding, even if it happens to be correct. Or they may cherry-pick evidence and fall to confirmation bias if it's a theory/concept they feel strongly about. Theories are to Ti what individual values are to Fi.

Te is more concerned with logical efficiency. It may very well go to the bottom of things if the user wills so (i do it all the time when researching the things i love) but as a function in itself, it's more about applying logic. Te can't stand anything unnecessary/inefficient when it comes to logic/decision-making, so they may appear to be very externally organized, they like getting shit done, setting goals and have a drive to achieve them. For them, logic is OBJECTIVE and for Ti users, it is SUBJECTIVE (as someone who really loves Te and has a Ti blind-spot, i had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that there can even be "subjective" logic). Te's con is that it can be vulnerable to false external data; it's not like they don't question the data at all, it's just that they can't be bothered to put in too much time into finding out, because they are more concerned with making use of the knowledge, assuming it is PROBABLY correct (especially if there's research and proof backing it up). It IS pretty strict about its evidence though XD Te's pro is that it is great at planning, organizing info and getting things done.

And another big difference is Ti asks if something is logically CONSISTENT, whether the argument in itself makes sense irrespective of it being true ...while Te asks if something is logically TRUE, whether the argument has proof backing it up irrespective of it making sense in itself. Reading about Fe-Ti axis in contrast with Fi-Te may also make it clear to you which one it is that you use.

> Always wanting to be ready/never feeling prepared enough may have more to do with Si than Te. I like being well prepared when given a specific task like an assignment/presentation and i do a lot of research before making decisions (Te+Si) but in general life, i'm whimsical and just wing it (Ne). I relate to being able to come up with believable lies but that can be attributed to several function combinations rather than Te. And becoming bossy when stressed/angry can be Fe too. Fe can be bossy when handling how people are behaving/social stuff, Te can be bossy when dealing with a logical objective, a group task for instance (or when the Fi part of the Te-Fi axis gets hurt XD). Both can make good leaders. Being quick on feet :rly???: im good at it when dealing with either ideas or emotions but not my physical surroundings lol, an SJ may be better with their senses. xNxPs do procrastinate a lot, and start more projects than they have the discipline to finish. It's not unheard of for an SJ to be like that though, I have an ISFJ friend who is super laid-back and procrastinates a whole lot haha. I have an ISTJ friend who understands me well when i talk about myself (we DO have the same functions) so that's not unheard of either, but i do believe it's not the same as the instant connection i have with my INFJ friend with whom i don't even have to put it into words, she just knows.

> Well if you're SURE sure that you use Si in your main function stack, then you don't have Ni in your stack. It's either Si-Ne or Se-Ni. You could be using it unconsciously still... everybody uses every function. And the descriptions you've read of Ne are probably in reference to Ne dom/aux behavior, not Ne inferior. The way i see ISFJs, they are very chill and laid-back and understanding and like doing the usual things that they enjoy while also have this slightly opposing need to try out new things and experiences and getting a rush from it, though they might stick to the former more (and to me, IxFPs feel like the most intuitive of the sensors).

> My final advice would be to try studying the functions in combinations rather than isolated, like how all the function axis work differently (not just Si-Ne vs Se-Ni, but also Si-Ne vs Ne-Si) and how the same function may manifest in different types. Oh and maybe look into what tertiary Ti looks like and see if you relate to it or nah. So far i seem to be leaning more towards ISFJ for you than INFP but don't let my speculations made over limited data cloud your mind in the future if you happen to realize you're an INFP or some other type entirely, there's always the chance of me being wrong :3

Ahhh i typed so much XD Anyyyway, i hope this helps you somewhat :bye:

Last edited:

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A quick observation, you have typed yourself as an enneagram 1w9, a whole lot of dom Si users relate to type 1. INFPs relate the most to type 4 and pretty intensely too, type 1 for an INFP is not very likely. And i think both the types may relate to type 9.

susanpevensies

Enneagram
1w9
thank you! this was super helpful, and I think I have a better grasp of the functions now :) I'll follow your advice and read up on some more things, then take a closer look at your analysis.

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thank you! this was super helpful, and I think I have a better grasp of the functions now :) I'll follow your advice and read up on some more things, then take a closer look at your analysis.

glad i could help ;) you can leave me a message later if you wanna ask anything, feel free ^^