• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Catchy title to magically catch your attention please help type me v2?

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
Sorry

Anyway, I'm trying to type myself by functions to feel more precise, but I a lot of my personal traits are kinda contradicting. I have been looking into intuitive types, because I don't think I am a Si or Se dominant..

I guess I appear more outgoing to other people than I actually am. I don't know why, I just do. Internally, I feel more introverted though. I'm a social drifter, I end up around different kinds of people and I like to blend in with them to satisfy them. I think about my future, and society and people as a whole very often, to a point where I brood over it.. I tend to connect everything to a singular, bigger point or bigger picture. I take pride (not being prideful, but.) in how much I care about people , especially people I'm close to...and I tend to focus more on what someone is feeling internally, not just how they act to others, because I believe in order to truly help and be close to people, you need to know who they really are first. Which leads to this- I am naturally very cynical of others, although I try my best to appear as trusting. I've been told by people who know me very well I seem like kind of an "old-soul" and I want to be a supporter people can come to when they need help. I'm honestly attracted to heroism (but I don't see myself as heroic..that's very conceited )

My outer surroundings aren't organised, my papers are all OVER the place, but I prefer planning things out and not doing random stuff last minute (makes me stressed out) And in school, although I wasn't really considered or treated like an "outsider" I felt really weird compared to some people my age. I hid that feeling, except from my close friends, and even though I didn't wanna be anyone else, it still made me feel sad even though I have good friends from different social backgrounds =. I have been self doubting because I want to be my personal best so I can be the strength people turn to when they need it (I live for that.)

I have a very active imagination and many ideas..but I don't know them how to communicate them to people..it's a very proficient part of my life, yet outwardly all these ideas don't come out. My ideas run internally, safely where I can figure things out in my own mind and then apply them to people once I figure them out. I love talking about theory with people, I find theoretical talk stimulating, but I'm down to talk about anything people want to as well. I'm always very nice towards people until they cross someone I care about. I've suffered with abandonment problems in the past, but good people in my life have helped me out of it. I just don't want to let people I care about down.

I love sitting in nature and just taking in the environment with one other person, talking about life , ideals, and stuff...I guess that makes me pretty happy.

Sorry this is really long..I hope it helps. Thank you for your time.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would you be willing to answer a long questionnaire? You can PM me if you need some help anytime you like. You write very well, I must say, and I think it could help me even more if you can answer some questions for me.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram 6w5 with a 3 fix somewhere.

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
Would you be willing to answer a long questionnaire? You can PM me if you need some help anytime you like. You write very well, I must say, and I think it could help me even more if you can answer some questions for me.

Ysure, thank you :) What questionnaire should I fill out?

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
Updated with questionaire thank you Norrsken :)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? I think that the aspects that are making me unsure are that I'm having trouble figuring out whether I use an introverted Intuition or extroverted intuition. I'm just having trouble figuring out which functions are used because when I read them I feel like I use all of them and I can't tell which ones are necessarily dominant in my personality. I think my personality is contradicting in a lot of ways...

2)
What do you yearn for in life? Why? Damn LOL that's such a loaded question I guess I just kind of want to be a support system for people that I care about and I want them to know that I'm always going to be a support system when I need them and for me that's really important to me to always be a support system for people. I just I want to be a support system.. I think something that really kinda like "lights my fire" persay is talking about theoretical things and about society as a whole. I feel so like recharged when I talk about theories and theoretical things with people. I don't know it just intrigues me so much just talking about the theorectical things in life. Not small talk as much.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. Well I think a time where I felt at my finest is where I'm by myself and I'm either listening to music or doing something that engages me in my own thoughts...just being completely in my own thoughts but in a weird way aware of my surroundings completely at the same time. Just being inside of my own world but also especially being outside in nature by myself just listening to music can be a really great feeling in my opinion. I just feel really free and calm in that time that I'm doing that

4) What makes you feel inferior? Tobe honest I'm a very self-doubting person I always come to my own ideas and my own plans and then I always doubt them like I'll come to a conclusion about something.. I'm very nitpicky about myself , because I've created personal goals on my own that I know I need to reach and I also definitely have an idealized image of how I want to be and I want to reach that image as much as I can. The problem I have right now is with with constantly feeling a little inferior because I've always been a little more submissive and felt more inferior sometimes to people although I don't really let people walk on me either. I guess not really being a social is the people around me probably makes me feel inferior however it's not like the kind where it's really noticeable that I'm socially awkward because I tend to be able to talk to a lot of people and make a lot of people feel happy but inwardly I just feel really awkward and I think I try to mask it and I usually do..

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you thinout people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) Basically what ways in on my decisions is how it's going to affect the people around me or how my decisions are going to affect my environment in any form. It's kind of like when a liter per say although I don't consider myself a huge leader but when the leader makes a decision they have to consider their entire team as when I make a decision if I know it's going to impact anyone else besides me I take it much more into careful consideration than if it was just affecting me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I'm working on a project.. well if it is completely if something that I myself has started and it's not something I've been ordered to do by somebody else I prefer to have completely on my own control over it I like to do it on my own time my own way and you know using my own thoughts and my own creative ideas I'd say and I tend to let other people weigh in on projects that I'm working on but then if they try to overtake my ideas I tend to push them away if it's like a team project or something we have to work with other people I guess I'd say I'd probably put in the amount I think I should or the same amount everyone else is putting it in so it's fair (unless they aren't putting in enough.)

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? Sometimes I get like very precise memories of past things but right now nothing's really coming to mind of when you know a really fun time I've had although I think I've had a lot of fun times but I mean I would hace to see something like around me in my current environment or like smell something specific that reminds me of a fun time I had for it too kind of flashback and relay in my mind I think that's how my memory works other than that my memory is pretty short term but I guess I mean when I go to the beach I have a lot of fun and I like the way the ocean feels and the sound of the birds and it just feels really calming and I love being there and I guess that's always fun to just close your eyes and "let the enviorment take you away" ha

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? When I want to learn something new I guess just practicing it until I fully understand it is the best thing to do and usually once if I'm really passionate about doing something I will keep working at it until I fully understand it depending on what it is. Usually it as soon as I get the cling to want to learn it i'll start right away and then I will take a break and come back later..

9) How organized do you think of yourself as? Well I like to have my day planned out because it makes me feel more comfortable to know what I'm going to be in for know what I'm going to be doing I kind of like to know what's in front of me or know what's going to be ahead of me as it gives me a lot of internal comfort however I only know as far as like keeping my stuff organized I'm really messy I have ..I only have one work folder and everything else is just scattered all over the place so I think physically I'm really disorganized but as far as plans go and mentality goes I consider myself more organized . I don't really like surprises ahah.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? New ideas typically I tend to research it or try to find my own...just looking it up trying to figure out what I can about the idea or if there's no info, just coming to my own conclusions because you can always trust what somebody says to you but it's not necessarily valid until you look into it for yourself in my opinion I mean I'm not going to make that person feel uncomfortable because I don't necessarily support their idea because I don't want anyone to think I'm extremely mistrusting of them necessarily or their ideas but I prefer to research on my own and come to my own conclusions before trusting somebody else's new ideas.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? This is hard because I definitely follow both and I can't really decide which one I follow more yes my ideals are important to me extremely but I'm also very interested other ideals of other people.. I like to hear what other people believe in because I think other people's ideas are interesting not just my own. I do want to make sure everyone that I care about is doing fine because their feelings are pretty much my feelings too if they're upset I'll be upset too but I do think being yourself is really important. I mean I'm not fake try to be truthful people even if it hurts their feelings because I feel like it'll help them in the long run to know the truth it's more of a respect thing for me but I do think I kind of blend in with people when I'm in groups of certain peopleI tend to with them by acting more like them not necessarily being somebody I'm not just a different part of my personality that I guess shows through depending on who I'm with.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? One on one conversations because I feel like that's grounds to understand someone more and be able to focus on them more and the more attentipn you can give to someone the better it is for both of you because you can really understand them clearly and I guess I can hear their own ideas more, and they won't Get swallowed out in a group and you can really get more closer with them personally.. that way but I feel like conversation can be a bit more deep when you're talking one-on-one. Depending on the situation I tend to think about what I say I and I tend to plan what I'm going to say sometimes which I guess is a little strange but at the same time if I'm in a situation in the moment or somebody is getting hurt or somebody is being oppressed and nobody else is doing anything about it and I think that person actually isn't in the wrong I'll definitely just say the first thing that comes to my mind because I feel like sometimes in order to help something out or the help somebody else you just have to speak what's on your mind you can't take time to think ..

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I think that actions do speak louder than words for the most part and I think I definitely like to know where I'm jumping before I'm leaping I try to get as much information about something as possible before going into it becausev even though I like to think I'm a thrill-seeker I know I'm definitely not LOL Although I think some things are worth the risk as far as people go but I'm not like an action thrill-seeker I'm not going to jump off a cliff I'm not going to like do stuff like that. Kevin much information about a situation as possible before getting involved so I can know what I'm getting into to have that comfort.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? If my friends had planned out earlier for me to go out with them I probably would have gone out with them and miss a TV show but last minute plans make me anxious because I feel like I didn't have enough time to prepare so I probably wouldn't end up going. We happen to me before and it frustrates me because I have no time to plan it all or get ready or anything and they just took me to jump out and that makes me feel uncomfortable I don't really appreciate the whole fast-paced environment thing I think I enjoy more of a slow environment

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? I think when I'm stressed out I tend to try to hide it but at the same time I think I probably act even less talkative and I'd say I think I'm really rushed when I'm stressed out and I can get a little Snappy sometimes too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? Honestly I'd like to say I'm accepting and I tried to accept as many people as possible you know I try to spend positivity but I'm actually very cynical person and I dislike people who talk about other people basically I dislike people who have a sense of self-entitlement in anyway I dislike people who never think about the consideration of other people and how they affect other people... people who try way too hard to get attention or who beg for attention basically that bothers the living heck out of me. People who can never look at a bigger picture also kind of bother me or people who never even try to think of a bigger picture

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? I think I mentioned this earlier but I just love talking about theoretical things theories human nature just generally bigger picture stuff with other people I just love having I like having political conversations even if we disagree I just like to hear their thoughts I like friendly debating not when it's like emotionally driven but I just want to talk about things like controversial things and human concepta or things of human nature and just debating but also just theoretical things I just like playing around with different ideas and hearing other people's ideas and seeing what we can kind of make if we combine ideas together and stuff like that

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life? I don't really like to pay attention to things that I feel like would affect me and day from now things that I feel like would have any impact on my future ..

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? I think my friend's perceive me as more outgoing than I really am. They think I'm more lighthearted than I actually am because sometimes I tried to hide my serious kind of thoughts away from them to deal with them on my own. I tend to show them the more the light-hearted side of myself to make them feel better when they're upset they don't even ways get to see a theoretical I am unless they're one of my closer friends where I can divulge in theoretical things with and talk about more intellectual things with. I've known my entire life have called me an old soul because I think I've shown them those parts of me that I tend to keep away from people I don't think will understand it but I know some other people may see me is like I said quite lighthearted.

You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? I wish I had a day that wasn't busy at this point LOL but I'd say I just probably like to go look outside you know go to the beach or something just relax listen to music and maybe just be with a couple of people I like and just hang out with them and talk with them about things unless I'd prefer spending the day on my own and got time then I might just play guitar maybe even read just something that can kind of keep me internally balanced and make me feel free and just alive I guess

Sorry if I have run on sentences I'm not typing this I am just talkin through my phone speaker.I tried to edit it so it sounded normal but hopefully the run-on sentences aren't like too bad..

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry

Anyway, I'm trying to type myself by functions to feel more precise, but I a lot of my personal traits are kinda contradicting. I have been looking into intuitive types, because I don't think I am a Si or Se dominant..

I guess I appear more outgoing to other people than I actually am. I don't know why, I just do. Internally, I feel more introverted though. I'm a social drifter, I end up around different kinds of people and I like to blend in with them to satisfy them. I think about my future, and society and people as a whole very often, to a point where I brood over it.. I tend to connect everything to a singular, bigger point or bigger picture. I take pride (not being prideful, but.) in how much I care about people , especially people I'm close to...and I tend to focus more on what someone is feeling internally, not just how they act to others, because I believe in order to truly help and be close to people, you need to know who they really are first. Which leads to this- I am naturally very cynical of others, although I try my best to appear as trusting. I've been told by people who know me very well I seem like kind of an "old-soul" and I want to be a supporter people can come to when they need help. I'm honestly attracted to heroism (but I don't see myself as heroic..that's very conceited )

My outer surroundings aren't organised, my papers are all OVER the place, but I prefer planning things out and not doing random stuff last minute (makes me stressed out) And in school, although I wasn't really considered or treated like an "outsider" I felt really weird compared to some people my age. I hid that feeling, except from my close friends, and even though I didn't wanna be anyone else, it still made me feel sad even though I have good friends from different social backgrounds =. I have been self doubting because I want to be my personal best so I can be the strength people turn to when they need it (I live for that.)

I have a very active imagination and many ideas..but I don't know them how to communicate them to people..it's a very proficient part of my life, yet outwardly all these ideas don't come out. My ideas run internally, safely where I can figure things out in my own mind and then apply them to people once I figure them out. I love talking about theory with people, I find theoretical talk stimulating, but I'm down to talk about anything people want to as well. I'm always very nice towards people until they cross someone I care about. I've suffered with abandonment problems in the past, but good people in my life have helped me out of it. I just don't want to let people I care about down.

I love sitting in nature and just taking in the environment with one other person, talking about life , ideals, and stuff...I guess that makes me pretty happy.

Sorry this is really long..I hope it helps. Thank you for your time.

This whole post sounds very INFP, i see a lot of Fi and some Ne. Being messy but still preferring to plan things could be inferior Te. A lot of the things you've said describing yourself feels akin to how the cognitive function combination plays out in INFPs' stack. Either that or an INFJ maybe, but you seem much more Fi than Fe, especially with the thing about focusing on what someone may be feeling INTERNALLY.
(btw this is actually not long enough XD)

EDIT: I wrote this before i saw your self-typing under the avatar, guess we're on the same page here.

Yay

MBTI Type
INFP
This whole post sounds very INFP, i see a lot of Fi and some Ne. Being messy but still preferring to plan things could be inferior Te. A lot of the things you've said describing yourself feels akin to how the cognitive function combination plays out in INFPs' stack. Either that or an INFJ maybe, but you seem much more Fi than Fe, especially with the thing about focusing on what someone may be feeling INTERNALLY.
(btw this is actually not long enough XD)

EDIT: I wrote this before i saw your self-typing under the avatar, guess we're on the same page here.

As we are hehe thank you :)