• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do I use Fi or Fe?

SkyborneVeggies

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've always assumed that I'm an INFJ because I feel like I definitely use Ti over Te, but the more I learn about Fi & Fe the muddier my assumptions become. Please let me know if these behaviors are Fi or Fe. Thank you all!

I am very sensitive when people are upset with me & tend towards desperation in getting them to not be angry with me anymore, even if their anger is unwarranted. I also often worry that people are upset because of something I said or did when they actually aren't.

As a child & up until the end of high school, if my parents were mad at one of my siblings or just mad in general, I would feel as though they were mad at me, even if I was in a different room & could only hear what was going on.

I like people who are genuinely eccentric, but people who pretend to be eccentric for the sake of appearing more unique really bother me & I try to avoid them.

I am nice to people I dislike & because of this, I attract clingy people who want to be friends.

I am highly affected by other people's pain, and am equally affected by people I don't know as I am by people I do know. For example, I was affected equally by hearing about my mom's coworker's son's traumatic situation as I was by my best friend’s traumatic situation. I am somewhat affected, but less so, by things I hear from the media though, so maybe this only extends up to people connected to me indirectly.

I don’t really express my emotions, & only ever have 1 or 2 confidants at a time that I tell things to. I only have a general idea of how I feel, & can’t understand the specifics until I start to put it down on paper. If I do decide to talk about my feelings, I usually mull it over for a few days & write things down, & then condense it into an outline so I can convey everything in an understandable manner.

I do the personality chameleon thing. I also tend to soften my viewpoint when expressing a disagreement so that it won’t seem so blatant.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I agree, Fe. There's a few points that really hint it off, but the end all be all is that your emotions are very externally focused. Fi is not as aware to the emotions around them and definitely does not take on the emotions of others unless there is a specific reason something has affected them. For example, maybe an Fi user feels upset when their parents are mad at their siblings because they relate to the times their parents were mad at them, but for Fe this empathy is an instant reaction to simply feeling the negative emotions. It doesn't need to make the association to itself because it's not self-referential like an introverted function is.