• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Still confused: ISTJ or INTP?

AmaryllisG

So, a while ago I came here confused, saying I was an IxTx, then someone told me they thought my ISTJ typing was correct. However, over the months, yet again I find myself identifying with INTP descriptions over ISTJ. I've never typed INTP on an online test, but I often switch between ISTJ and ISTP, though I think I'm not ISTP. I went on the Personality Cafe forum, but I got two responses, one saying I was either INTP or INFP, and the other saying I was ISTJ or INFP. I'm almost certain that I'm not an INFP, so that did not help. Anyway, I figured I'd answer another questionnaire and get more opinions here.
What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?
I usually test between ISTJ and ISTP, however I line up with INTP descriptions very well.
What got you interested in Personality Type?
I became a firm believer in MBTI when it perfectly described both of my sisters' personalities, ISFJ and INFP. From then on I wanted to find out the type of everyone I know.
What kind of work do you do for a living?
I'm 17-years-old, I'm unemployed and too anxious to look for employment.
What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I don't have many official "accomplishments" on paper, but my family never lets me forget that I taught myself to read when I was three, so that is an accomplishment I guess. I've also learned some Russian and taught myself to type at nearly 60 WPM without any formal program or practice.
What would constitute a perfect day for you?
A calm day playing video games and watching movies/TV with my sister.
What are you most grateful for in your life?
My sister, and I'm quite pleased with my house and property.
Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Travelling to Europe. I haven't done that because I'm afraid of flying and catching foreign diseases. I would also love to be a contestant on Jeopardy, but I'm far too anxious.
If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
To be around more people. I was homeschooled, and while my actual education has been superb, I'm so socially inept it hurts.
Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
I've had so many social embarrassments, but one that stands out is a time in 9th grade at church. I was randomly picked to lead a prayer at a table, and I froze up and could not finish it.
Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
Not really, I usually wait to see what plays out naturally.
If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Naturally I would wish to know everything there is to know. However, being Christian, I'd have to say I know what I should wish for is to be a more loving person.
What do you value most in a friendship?
I just want someone to talk to that shares my unique interests. I also value honesty and bluntness. I'd rather one be rude but honest than be polite but fake.
What is your most treasured memory?
Probably going to Disney with my mother. Epcot at night is one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced.
What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Hmm, this is hard to answer. I certainly love those around me, but I have a hard time showing it. Also, I've never had a girlfriend but I have a personality in mind (ESTP) I'm looking for in a girl, that I just absolutely love.
Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
I find these types of questions torturous, but anyway, I'd definitely save something that insurance couldn't replace. I'd probably save family pictures. I don't necessarily like them, but I know how much they mean to my family. If it were just for me, I'd probably save my drawings or some stuffed animals I cherish from childhood.
Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
I'll pass on this one. It's another thing I wish not to think about.
If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
Travel without being in fear, does that count?
If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Does this mean experiences, or does shopping count? If shopping counted I'd go buy a bunch of video games I otherwise wouldn't spend my money on.
Who is your favorite author?
George Orwell
What is your favorite book?
Animal Farm by George Orwell
What has been your biggest challenge?
Overcoming anxiety.
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I could go on about time travel paradoxes but for fun I'll answer it. I'd have several years in mind: 30 AD, 1776, and 1945.
What does your life say about you?
I haven't exactly accomplished very much, but I suppose it shows I'm studious.
How would your friends describe you?
Those that know me well tend to say I'm smart, (brutally) honest, witty, open-minded, knowledgeable, anxious, shy (around new people), and weird.