• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How could i be a 9 if...

Adpako

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How in the fucking hell could i be a 9 IF im obsessed with my self image. I am super curious about how i come off to other people. When i have a problem, i fucking dive into it, trying to think myself through it. I get obsessed with stuff, and obsess over stuff (overthinking). I get paranoid. I BECOME the type of music i listen to at the moment of time. I over identify with stuff(music, movies, styles) feeling like i own it all, and its only mine.
I am not afraid of separation, i feel like i could cut contact with people way too easily. Not forever tho ofc, but I wouldnt mind moving away for a year, and just live another life for a while.
i have believed im a 9 for the longest time, but is it even possible to be a 9 when this is what i feel?
my brothers are 4w5 and 5w4, and i feel like i could be one of those, but at the same time, me and my brothers are really different. I have zero motivation, they do stuff and learn stuff frequently.
And last but not least, i am super careful about not «copying» anyone, i have always wanted to be original, and typical ME. Seems like the 9 would love to merge into someone else, i would hate that, its kind of a fear of mine. I get inspiration from people, but try to hide where i got it from lol. Copycats sucks.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's hard to evaluate this on whether you are a 9 or not if all you tell us is how you are not a 9.
Based on what you have said, 4 seems more likely, but again, you have only given us evidence that you are a 4 and not a 9.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You’re treating as if the result has labeled you a life sentence.

You sound perhaps like a 3w4 but a bit in the lower levels where you show unhealthy 9 attributes

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you can't relate to any of the main 9 attributes, you are probably not a 9. You sound like a 4.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
How certain are you of your INFP typing? Much of what you describe could also be due to the Fi dominance, and I suspect "becoming the music" is the Fi/Si at work. It's a highly subjective and emotional experience for you, isn't it? I totally understand that, I feel a level of personal connection to certain songs, as if they can directly tap into specific emotions and thoughts of mine. I however, (based on what I gather from you here) do feel that connection, but it's also rooted in a strong, mental/abstract quality for me, like free flowing data you would see in a computer generated 3D model.

As far as being a nine goes, what would you say one of your stronger motivations are on the day-to-day? What signals to you that the day passed was a relatively "good" one, or emotionally pleasant? I'll share my angle as an example. Goal isn't exactly the right word, but I feel as though I am constantly monitoring how I feel in any given moment and everything around me contains an emotional reading. If I'm around negativity or deep, heavy emotions, or just really unhappy people for too long, it really can get to me. Not that I am feeling what they're feeling, but that it can start to distort my perception of the world and of humanity, and that's what brings me down, when that grander, world perspective starts tinging with grey rather than the color I see and feel it in. So, giving this brief context, a way to wrap it all up, my "goal" on the day to day, is to ensure what I'm feeling inside at any given time is as neutral and level as possible. Certainly, I allow myself to feel pain and joy, it's all absolutely necessary, but I can start to distrust those emotions, or dislike them if I stay overly positive or negative for too long.

Will just say as a disclaimer, that my current tritype order is really up for grabs, but I know I dabble in these types with certainty. So, how do you relate to what I describe above? Can you at all?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Almost all of this is relatable.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How in the fucking hell could i be a 9 IF im obsessed with my self image. I am super curious about how i come off to other people. When i have a problem, i fucking dive into it, trying to think myself through it. I get obsessed with stuff, and obsess over stuff (overthinking). I get paranoid. I BECOME the type of music i listen to at the moment of time. I over identify with stuff(music, movies, styles) feeling like i own it all, and its only mine.
I am not afraid of separation, i feel like i could cut contact with people way too easily. Not forever tho ofc, but I wouldnt mind moving away for a year, and just live another life for a while.
i have believed im a 9 for the longest time, but is it even possible to be a 9 when this is what i feel?
my brothers are 4w5 and 5w4, and i feel like i could be one of those, but at the same time, me and my brothers are really different. I have zero motivation, they do stuff and learn stuff frequently.
And last but not least, i am super careful about not «copying» anyone, i have always wanted to be original, and typical ME. Seems like the 9 would love to merge into someone else, i would hate that, its kind of a fear of mine. I get inspiration from people, but try to hide where i got it from lol. Copycats sucks.

I think you're a 4 but why wouldn't you want to be a 9? Many of them are perfect or so they're told, and make sure to tell everyone else.

noombie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Anyone else came here thinking it's a lady insecure about being called 9-hot?

No? Okay... going back in my cave