• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram Type ? v2

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know I did it already but I wanted to update it also different questionnaire but you'll excuse me thx, taken from PerCafe (don't insult me lol), even posted there.

Already posted here but it was very unclear, I'm 20 yo and very obsessed about taking Enneagram tests, but I can't seem to find my type. I've typed as 5 (distant, deliberate ?) 9 (peace on the long term, lazy), 8 (like being angry, being in charge and winning), 7 (optimistic, avoiding pain by being positive is relatable), been curious about 3 (like recognition and taking on masks) and 6 (anti-authoritarian, underdog is attractive)

Sorry, i'm not an english native, but I'll do my best.

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I really don't know. I'm not in search of a big goal. I'm trying to find that simple happiness tha people acquire without making it a priority. I want to be professionnally stable but I can't seem to order my priorities. I don't know what the future will give me. But I don't wan to fail. Ideally I want a nice and comforting home for myself, a cat, a wife and 2 kids, pretty simple, huh ? Seems out of reach for me.
I don't look for guidance, because I usually get out of line halfway the advice we gave me, or I don't follow it at all. I think I want mostly to be happy in life, because if you're happy you can't lose hope, but I need to stay concentrated on what's really important. I want to stay independant too and go with the flow.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to accomplish..uh ? Well I guess I want to be happy and fulfilled, that's some good accomplishment. I kinda fantasize about having a big impact on society (small scale) on what I have done in my life.
But like I said above : being totally independent (and not helpless). Also having someone very close to an intimate level (girl/wife)

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

Well I hope to avoid failing everything in life and becoming an hopeless hobo, that wouldn't acquire help from anyone, and die alone because despise me (the worst would be despised by my own parents). I guess that's a reasonable thing to avoid ? I also don't want to be a drama lover person. I hate that, I don't want to become bothersome for other people nor a loser, I shall not stay out of touch too much... I don't want to be an extremist, someone who see the world in black and white, someone who can't be deliberate.
The values that are important to me ? Avoiding hurting people too much (like excessively hurt someone physically or mentally). Not deceiving people, not being too immature...

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

This one is tough. Maybe betrayal, losing people (friends or families) forever, like losing friend after some petty and small drama. Being mocked over physical and mental features, being mocked for what I am. Of being hated by everyone. Fear of becoming something I used to hate.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I don't want to control how others see me and I don't care how they see me, but I want them to see me as someone credible, not a clown or a victim, nor someone you can mock without karma hitting them back (or my fist hitting them back). I don't them see me as someone retarded or stupid, I don't them see me as helpless and despise me for it, nor do I want them to feel like they can do whatever they want to me, that I'm no pushover, that they should take me for I what really am. Does that make sense ?
I see myself as still growing up from my mental wounds, I was kinda insecure as a kid, since I was bashed as a kid and not taken seriously, taken like an helpless person and/or stupid and not being listened, in spite of myself. I'm slowly being more and more assertive. I now perceive myself as funny, a guy who make people laugh, witty, lazy, a bit too nice with other people even though I can hold grudges, I'm quite temperamental and anti-authoritarian, a tad competitive, taking things the logical way rather than the emotional, quite optimistic, living in the moment, even though I wouldn't say I'm very sociable (staying in my bedroom on my computer 24/7).

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

What makes me feel my best is having everything solved and fulfilled, having good grades, being socially balanced, having fun with my friends, passing a good time with my family, having a lot of confidence in myself, basically having no bad afterthoughts in my mind.
What makes me feel at my worst, well after living it, is defintely disappointing myself then disappointing my parents, which worked very hard (immigrating in the West) to make me successful (even though I'm the last out of the 6 kids I have the most potential), but I am sad when I notice than I'm not living up to their expectations, I can be really sad but forget it 10 minutes later, I'm born lazy and lack drive (needs a VERY good motivation factor) even though after trauma (hard failure) I wake up and get better everytime. I'm quite motivated by today (not enough though) but still am content with what I can get, I need to concentrate and revise my priorities.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) Anger : Well, I'm not the one to shout and making a scene, but I've gotta admit being angry feels good. I feel really like I can be myself when I let myself letting it all out. I don't like when people tell me what to do and like I said anti-authoritarian. I like my independance and can be very angry when we try to kepp it from me. I also get very angry when I see injustice. Sometimes I can get very frustrated when people gang up on me and take advantage of me because they're all against me and mocking me instead of assuming the truth. I'm not very comfortable making a scene in front of a crowd of people, and would avoid conflict.

b) Shame : I don't like being ashamed of myself, but also making other people ashamed of me, I don't want people do be disappointed because they expected more from me. So sometimes I avoid doing something that demands a lot and where people would expect a lot from me and I stay modest (although I'm confident in what I can do and showing it is enough)

c) Anxiety : I used to feel very anxious in social situations and in uncomfortable situations, I seem much more comfortable now, I still get anxious when I talk to girls I'm attracted to or make a joke to a big crowd of people but I usually appear calm and make my way out of possible awkwardness. Anxiety is normal. I also get anxious when seeing or hearing a truth I avoided

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) Stress : Uuuh, I don't differ it that much form anxiety, just some uncomfortable feelings in the stomach that make you sweat lmao. I would be stressed before playing a game that is crucial, stressed when I need to do something I'm insecure about, before an oral exam. I try to concentrate, I keep things in perspective a lot and turn my mind into something more joyful and peaceful, I can start to take the situation lightly and start moving more to relax myself.

b) unexpected change : Negative change I assume ? Well that would piss me off, wouldn't that piss you off reader ? But I need some deatil beacsue I can't think of some specific situations. Most of the time I can adapt to every situation, life's changing, it's like that, brooding orr crying about it won't help. :proud:

c) conflict : I'm not that much into unnecessary conflict, but if necessary I have to go through it, mostly when it is necessary I'd be quite angry and let it out all out to anyone very proudly. Conflict feels good when I know I'm right and that I will have the final say. I like to create new insults, conflict can be lots of fun I have to admit.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) authority : Like I said I'm more an anti-authoritarien kind of guy (not like actively anti-authoritarian, please...), but there's some authority that I can respect, if that's negative authority I would do either whatever I want or would become my own authority, heck I could replace the guy. I would argue depending of the situation. And of course positive and justified authority is not problematic even though I care about my independance (even though I should work more on myself to deserve it really)

b) power : If I have the power, I would behave very responsibly, not like I act usually and would try hard to do the best I can do for me and for others. Accomplishing/winning while being in charge feels very good, and I like the recognition. I wouldn't like losing while being the one in power. All in all, I'm not trying consistently to be the one in power, but I've learned after many years that it is best, since it is my view of things/of the world that is applied and I'm more free to do what I want or guiding people justifyingly.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I can sometimes be very nihilistic, but my real outlook on life would be that we need to do the best possible to advance, o fight, to survive, our priority is to survive and discover more. We also need to protect the Earth, since it is hosting us and existed illions of years before the first human breathed air on it. Our basic instinct is to survive and we need to discover more for more longevity and anything. One day we're gonna be extinct but that's how it is. I think there's nothing on this earth that is unnatural. And if we become immortal, that's how it is, if we all die by a meteor tomorrow that's natural selection.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

Sporadically, people mocking me about a physicial defomity that I have, leanred that I shoudl trust only myself and not let myself be mocked. Several moments that made me realize I was tired of fakeing some things like doing small talk having some emotional responses to certain things. I just stopped all that. Failing my finals exam, biggest shame of my life, I cried like a baby. made more motiviated, made me realize social life is petty and does not matter, that what you will remember at the end of the day is the only thing that matters, made me reconsider my priorities.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I used to trust people I would share things with (friends) but I've learned over the years (I've repeated that a lot of time lol mostly I've learned everything over the years :laughing: like a normal growing up idiot)

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

a) I like my sense of humor, usually people have never met someone as funny as me (not trying to boast), my openness, how much I hate injustice and people mocking and laughing on seomeone else or bullying someone else, I woudn't see myself as empathetic stereotypically thinking but I think people in general can be despicable.

b) How I can be helpless sometimes (parents didn't learn me a lot of practical things), socially awkward, lacking inertia (planning to do some sport, then ending up doing nothing), disappointing myself when I knew I had to work hard but kept on being lazy until it was too late, not listening to advices.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Everyone have something very funny about themselves. I think everyone is funny. Otherwise I don't know, I don't like people that much lol

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

Depends on the insult, racial injures, would knock the fool; or I would ask them why they insult me, would be angry, that's all.
If they compliment me, I'd probably blush and say "hehe thank you" and would probably find a way to compliment them too.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

a) Well like I said my humor, my openness, my honor whatever blablabla
b) More sociability because duh, girlfriend because I think I need some affection to an intimate level and I don't have enough of that with my family lol; energy, ambition and motivation, etc

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 6 is there, with the focus on authority and social groups, though I wonder if 7 might be it. I can also see 1 in your answers. Didn't get a good read on your heart.

Here's a good questionnaire, could you fill out out?
New Questionnaire To Fill Out!

If you feel up to it, you could also make a collage of images that speak to you.

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 6 is there, with the focus on authority and social groups, though I wonder if 7 might be it. I can also see 1 in your answers. Didn't get a good read on your heart. Here's a good questionnaire, could you fill out out? New Questionnaire To Fill Out! If you feel up to it, you could also make a collage of images that speak to you.
Thabk you for answering ! I'm pretty sure I'm not a 6, I'm just extremely NOT neurotic, I have very low neuroticism and I'm only anxious when responsibility comes bite me in the ass. I'm too relaxed for my own good. Same for 1.
I'll try to do the Questionnaire

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 6 is there, with the focus on authority and social groups, though I wonder if 7 might be it. I can also see 1 in your answers. Didn't get a good read on your heart.

Here's a good questionnaire, could you fill out out?
New Questionnaire To Fill Out!

If you feel up to it, you could also make a collage of images that speak to you.

Context: a) Hi guys I'm 21 years old and live in France. I'm born in a religious family but I'm agnostic. I'm making this because why not ? Maybe it will clarify some things. I'd like to hear what you guys think, it might be interesting. I'm mostly wondering if I'm Enneagram 8 or just 9w8. I know I'm not a 1, 2 or 6 (and probably not a 4)

What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Right now, making myself happy and possibly achieve great lengths. I have to now help myself if I want to help other people. I'm pretty ambitious right now but I wasn't always like that. I just want to be the best version of myself.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I relate the least to envy. I'm a bit envious sometimes but it has never been a staple of my personality. I relate the most to sloth, because I'm a lazy f*ck. When I was younger it was gluttony because I was eating for pleasure and not because I was hungry, today I try to be fit. I also relate to Lust these years..

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe: a) The type of people you are drawn to

Like-minded people who don't take everything seriously, have a sense of humor, are not shallow or stupid. The kind of people who are lowkey and cool.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

The opposite. Extraverted people are drawn to me because I make them laugh and know how to attract them. I'm pretty hard to read so that makes a bit mysterious (to them) but also chill.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by

Control freaks, divas/overdramatic people, oversensitive people, liars, unauthentic people, stupid people (mostly the close-minded type), attention whores, people who still gossip like they're in middle school but they're 30 years old, hypocrites...

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

The work ethic : I can follow for a period but then I need a break at a certain point. Extreme generosity to people I barely know, I'm an ISTP so Fe is not anatural language at all if you know about it.

6) Describe your relationship with the following: a) Anger

Probably my most dominant emotion, if not the one who drives me the most. It definitely comes from childhood where injustice towards me was frequent and how I learned over the years that people in my family were wrong and that I was taken advantage of, and that I could have been less of a pushover. I'm getting off topic but I feel SO good when I let the anger out, the best moments in my life is when I let the anger drive me. It's an energy that can be redirected to achieve so much. But also a lot of times I feel bad for getting angry at someone, that's why I'm always interested in the global point of view (9 ?) so that I can be the most objective possible.

b) Shame

Shame also drives me, even though that's recent. I failed the biggest exam in my country in the end of high school a few years ago and it was the worst feeling I've ever felt in my entire life. I couldn't even say it to my mom while looking her into her eyes, that was my last chance to get something in life (don't worry I'm not depressed anymore) and I didn't have a thing anymore. But that feeling saved me. I was like : "wow never in my life that I want to feel the same feeling EVER AGAIN, I'll never fail that much again" maybe the failure was my drive ? Idk

c) Fear

Don't really know what to say. I think I have some social anxiety so it's always hard to even search for a job or to engage people.

d) Love/passion

I've been in love I think once? But I've never been able to concretize my feelings. I've been in search for love before but now it's not my primary focus. Passion ? Now we're talking, I love being passionate about something and showing it to other people. I love to feel passion. Often people think I'm angry about a topic, no I'm just passionate. It's a feeling that makes me alive and wake me up. I could do anything and be unstoppable with that feeling. I love to share that passion with other people even though I'm good with being by myself lol

e) Conflict

Something I could live without, don't need it to get through life really. Sometimes I'm the one starting it but most of the times it's other people starting it

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

I don't fucking know. Maybe the lack of romantic relationships ?

8) Answer only one of the following: a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I studied Economics last year I fucking hated it, it started smoothly but it was extremely boring and unnecessarily difficult. I figured I didn't work because it was just extremely uninteresting and useless to me. I'm very good in languages so I was like why not ? Now I'm gonna study English and Deutsch next year, it's the most logical choice since I have the best grades in Languages, so I hope to find a job later in which I will travel often and do some business to get some big money lol

b)[Under college aged]

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

I try to understand them, what makes them tick, how they respond to my sense of humor, what's their interest or are they interesting

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

The biggest problem are inequality, some people are mad rich and some are mad poor. But that is never gonna change if you want to be rich there is always gonna be poor guys. I wish I had more power to make society the best it could possibly be. The lack of attention to our environment is glaring too, people put more energy into raiding Area 51 or choosing between their 76 genders rather than save their planet, but I understand that everyone wants to save themselves, including me.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Right now my biggest interests are the MBTI and the Enneagram lol. So I like Psychology and the human mind I love sports, working out at home, football (soccer) and basketball. Video games, having fun, flirting, manga/animes, movies

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

Typically we go to the soccer field and play all day then we go eat to McDonalds or something lol. I'm not the kind of guy who go to nightclubs it's alien to me. The people I hang out with are old childhood/middle school friends mostly. I don't really hang out with friends I made in high school too much or college even though I've made some great friends there. Right now, I sadly don't see anyone at all.... lol

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Actions by far. Words accomplish nothing except if they are preceded or succeded by action (either your action or someone elses). Words can move hearts, and the heart will move you into action. I wish I was more of a man of action during my teenage years, during childhood I was SOOO free and now I'm chasing that freedom again.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose…. a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste b) To be immortal c) To lose your memories d) To be poor for the rest of your life e) Or to never experience passion Elaborate on why!

That's fucking sadistic. I don't want to lose memories because they made me what I am today. Without passion, how do I feel alive ? Will I die ? I've been depressed before but nah. Immortal ? So if a meteor blows earth tomorrow I'll strand in space forever ? I'm good.

I'll take the taste one because it has the least consequences, being poor is also relative sooo...

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I wish I'll never be vain and narcissistic, leaving people close to me behind. I'm pretty sure I'll never become a manipulator or the likes. I hope I won't become an incel or someone who rejects their mediocrity to orher people looool

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I'm not the kind to go crazy over something but yeah I can definitely merge with my interests. Sometimes I stopped being grounded and didn't realize I was acting obsessed about something. I like the idea of merging with others and interests but like I said you should stay grounded.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

Messy, yet I hate when people are messy, especially on my "territory". Impulses definitely with some planning behind lol.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

I like comfort, I used to get too comfortable and not caring about the future. Now I act to create future comfort, I provide for myself and my close one, or at least I try to.

If you guys want to ask more question do it. I didn't fully answer some questions because it was too goddamn long and I don't have the time.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Going to guess 638 (you're not easy for me to type.)