• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Nihil

Hi,

It's been a while since I've discovered the MBTI. Unfortunately despite being sure about my MBTI for a while, it seems I am still struggling with some kind of uncertainty. I made this thread in order to be fixed once for all with my type.

After many years of endless introspection renowned, I think the fact that I am both an introverted and intuitive is quite obvious to not say undeniable. As a child I have always been thoroughly introverted. I were more interested about my inner world I could expand at will rather than reality itself. I am also more comfortable when it comes to dealing with abstract, intangible things. Things that are practical feel less natural as if I wasn't in my natural element. From my own perspective I suffer from a severe deficit of S. I can to relate to the Ni/Se dichotomy but it might also be a lack of tertiary Si. However since I am still in my twenties I am supposed to have a better mastering of my tertiary function, that makes me think I am rather an inferior Se. Throughout those last months I've received a lot of typings from different people. Depending on the circumstances I've been typed INTJ, INFJ, and even INFP. I've never been seen as an INTP not even once. I don't really myself as Ti dom, to be honest. If I had to use Ti, it would be at least as a tertiary function. Not as a dominant function. I had the chance to observe a myriad of INTPs and I don't really relate with their way of thinking. Therefore this option is in my opinion absurd. About the other types :

INFP : Some people have said to me once I were extremely Fi. My writing style was also quite typical of those who are using Fi - Ne. It's certainly true that I love writing (becoming a writer is one my obsessions in life) and I can relate to a lot of figures in literature that have been undoubtedly INFPs, including poets such as Baudelaire or Rimbaud. I could also relate to many figures like Emily Brontë who's been living like a reclusive throughout all her life or Marcel Proust whose writing style is quintessential of this MBTi type. However despite having strong values about certain things I feel too detached from them compared to most INFPs I've encountered throughout my life. Maybe I could be a disillusioned INFP who tries very hard to repress his Fi and who's relying too much on the Ne/Te side or my functions. That could be an interesting possibility, in my opinion.

INFJ : Another probable possibility. One of my best friends, who is the absolute archetype of that would be an INTJ, told me he recognized more in Fe or Te. He said I were more concerned about values despite being able to think very rationally with my tertiary function. He also said he could relate with how I use iNtuition. Which would make me an Ni-dom type rather than a Ne. Nevertheless unlike what he might be thinking I don't think I am that much Fe. To be honest I've never thought of myself as a Fe user. INFJs are well-known for being the most extraverted introverts and that's not the case about me. Could I be a looping INFJ trapped in a Ni - Ti loop? Because I am extremely introverted. I am so introverted I can spend a lot of time being isolated in my own room as if it was the most normal thing in life. I am not very sociable or affable, or concerned about morality that much. But my opinion may be biased about certain things when it comes to analyzing this function.

INTJ : For the time being it's the MBTI I identity the most. Why? Because this type is the embodiment of the functions I can relate the most including Ni and Fi. As I said above I don't identify myself at all with Fe. I could probably a Fi - Ne but I've always thought my intuition was more directed into one thing rather than a myriad of possibilities like a Ne user might do. The thing is, I don't know I use rather Te or Ti. I remember saying that if I had to use Ti, it would be as a tertiary function. It's absolutely impossible for me to be a dominant thinker. Being ENTJ is out of question since I am the least extraverted person I know in my existence and I don't see myself being concerned about the internal logic like an INTP would do. From my own perspective, rationality and logical are only tools to make understandable things that are too abstract to comprehend ordinary. If I were one hundred percent honest with myself I guess I'd say I am more an intuitive rather than a feeler or a thinker.

I am also quite conflicted about my enneagram. I identity mostly as a 4w5 or a 5w4. I recognize as much in the need of the four of being surrounded with beauty and originality as the unquenchable thirst for knowledge a five might be feeling. I love reading a lot (to be honest, that's what I mostly do) but I also have an artistic side that is extremely eerie and morbid. As an avid read of The Flowers of Evil I tend to aesthetize everything in my existence and I have an idiosyncrasic view of how beauty is supposed to be. I tend to really appreciate works that are edgy (the use of this word is quite funny out of context) or ahead of their time. I also have a deep love for literature or philosophy. I am quite fond of Nietzsche or Schopenhauer and I have been highly inspired with Dostoievsky's novels. In my other hobbies including mostly video games and anime, I only works that are deep enough to satisfy my thirst. I love psychological works such as Evangelion or Serial Experiments Lain. One of my favorite games is the JRPG (it's my favorite type of game, by the way) Xenogears that is a transcending masterpiece dealing with themes such as dissociative identity disorder, psychanalyse, discrimination or reincarnation. I am utterly mesmerized by this game because its deepness is as endless as its complexity whether if its characters or its story. In fact, I never play a game in order to be entertained. Video games and literature are two things I take very seriously and whether or not it sounds ludicrous I am extremely concerned about their qualities. I do not wish to be surrounded with mediocre works that are superficial. It's probably my snob or elitist side. I don't know.

I also said I were introverted. My introversion makes me feel extremely drained when it comes to interacting with others. Someone very close to me who is asperger recognizes me in almost every symptoms of this. I wish to get diagnosed in order to be sure about this. For the time being it is nothing but a mere speculation of mine. I am certainly more introverted than most of people. I avoid social interactions with people IRL like the plague because I don't feel in my natural environment when I am surrounded with people. My solitude is something I highly value and I tend to be frustrated when I can't be alone all the time. I can relate to Harry Haller from Steppenwolf in some aspects. He is some kind of lone wolf who sees himself as an eternal outsider who is highly conflicted with his need to be interact others and his visceral desire to engulf himself in absolute loneliness. He sees his personality divided as two parts : one who is a man with refined tastes, extremely knowledgeable and gifted with an uncanny insightfulness, and the others who is a wolf who thrives for nothing but solitude. I think I might be relating unconsciously to this contradicting aspect of his personality who is a subtle mix between refinement and savagery.

From this perspective I might be trapped in some kind of loop between my dominant function and my tertiary one. I am aware of the fact that there is a lot of people who think loops are nothing but mere delusions. They make perfectly sense to me.

I think I digressed enough for the time being. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you in advance for reading me.

Last edited:

equinoxx

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see more Ni in your writing than Ne, tbh. In most cases Ne seems disorganized and "all over the place" in writing, but your explanations and paragraph seem to be going in a "straight line", if that makes any sense at all. I could be wrong, though.

I also sense a lot of Fi coming from you, so my first guess would be INTJ. I wouldn't doubt that you might be going through a Ni-Fi loop, it could explain why you questioned being INFP.
It could also explain why you're unsure of your Te; if you do happen to be going through a loop, you may be less aware of your Te.

I don't know. You seem more like a Te user to me. You seem very direct and to-the-point in your speech, and your analyzing seems to be based more on external factors than internal factors.

My guess would be INTJ

Nihil

Hi, thanks for your answers.

I see more Ni in your writing than Ne, tbh. In most cases Ne seems disorganized and "all over the place" in writing, but your explanations and paragraph seem to be going in a "straight line", if that makes any sense at all. I could be wrong, though.

I also sense a lot of Fi coming from you, so my first guess would be INTJ. I wouldn't doubt that you might be going through a Ni-Fi loop, it could explain why you questioned being INFP.
It could also explain why you're unsure of your Te; if you do happen to be going through a loop, you may be less aware of your Te.

I don't know. You seem more like a Te user to me. You seem very direct and to-the-point in your speech, and your analyzing seems to be based more on external factors than internal factors.

My guess would be INTJ

I could definitely see myself as an INTJ trapped in a Ni - Fi loop, which would explain why I've been typed as an INFP several times in the past. I could easily for someone who uses Ne in my writing style (especially in my native language, to be honest) but I don't know, I feel like I am more Ni rather than Ne. If I were an INFP trapped in a loop, I'd neglect my auxiliary intuition. But it seems I am using iNtuition too much, in my opinion. I feel like I'd be less aware of my Te rather than a hypothetical Ne. About my thinking type, I guess I'd be closer to Te than Ti. I also think of me as someone very Fi. I were quite skeptical when I've been seen as a Fe user.

You are a fan of Sandman?

Indeed.

Nihil

My guess would be INTJ

Yes, I could definitely see myself as an INTJ trapped in some kind of Ni - Fi loop, which would explain why I've been typed INFP several times in the past. My writing style could easily pass as someone who uses Ne (especially in my native tongue) but I don't know, I recognize me more of the use of Ni.

If I were an INFP, that would mean I'd be trapped in a loop where my iNtuition would be neglected instead of my thinking function. I feel like I use more iNtuition rather than Feeling whether it'd be introverted or extraverted. I have been typed a lot of times INFJ but seeing myself as a Fe user leaved me quite skeptical.

You are a fan of Sandman?

Indeed.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The title alone makes me think Ni.

I am going to agree with your evaluation and say INTJ. I see Fi, but too much Ni in your writing style to be INFP. I can't tell so much with enneagram, but it's wise to remember that the 4 is in the heart center and the 5 is in the head center. Researching the centers of the enneagram may help you make your decision.

Nihil

The title alone makes me think Ni.

I am going to agree with your evaluation and say INTJ. I see Fi, but too much Ni in your writing style to be INFP. I can't tell so much with enneagram, but it's wise to remember that the 4 is in the heart center and the 5 is in the head center. Researching the centers of the enneagram may help you make your decision.

I agree with your analysis.

What makes me feel I am Fi rather than Fe is how I tend to deal with my feelings. I shall speak a bit about my personal life, but I am someone who hates being stabbed in the back and I tend to bottle up my feelings until that explodes. I have a lot of anger issues. I don't know if someone with Fe would react like this.

I also tend to repress my feelings because I saw them as some kind of hindrance.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with your analysis.

What makes me feel I am Fi rather than Fe is how I tend to deal with my feelings. I shall speak a bit about my personal life, but I am someone who hates being stabbed in the back and I tend to bottle up my feelings until that explodes. I have a lot of anger issues. I don't know if someone with Fe would react like this.

I also tend to repress my feelings because I saw them as some kind of hindrance.

Fi does typically let emotions pile up until they spill out. It isn't exactly healthy, but it's definitely common and something I think every Fi user can relate to. Viewing emotions as a hindrance is also not odd coming from a thinker, as it is one of the functions that you will have a harder time grasping. A good way to deal with this is being more honest with how you feel. This doesn't necessarily mean sitting people down and having discussions with them about your feelings, but when something someone is doing is bothering you, speak out and say that you don't like when they do that. For Fi, it may seem easier to stay quiet and not express those feelings, but that resentment builds up because we don't naturally exert emotion like Fe users do. A conscious effort needs to be made to keep that anger from increasing over time and you need to catch it before you feel it.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

Yes, I could definitely see myself as an INTJ trapped in some kind of Ni - Fi loop, which would explain why I've been typed INFP several times in the past. My writing style could easily pass as someone who uses Ne (especially in my native tongue) but I don't know, I recognize me more of the use of Ni.

If I were an INFP, that would mean I'd be trapped in a loop where my iNtuition would be neglected instead of my thinking function. I feel like I use more iNtuition rather than Feeling whether it'd be introverted or extraverted. I have been typed a lot of times INFJ but seeing myself as a Fe user leaved me quite skeptical.

Indeed.

[Ni-Fi] INTJ ISFP loop is literately manifested as paralistion because of over-looping your mistakes. So move on! :D
[Ni-Ti] INFJ ISTP loop is blind,sadistic and highly dedicated to your pray. Exit is in evoking your Fe.

So you want to know are you INTJ or INFJ? One word: emotions. :D
Ni-Fe Can you understand and manipulate with human emotions like expert? Time-bomb emotional.:)
Ni-Te Posses only theoretical knowledge of human emotions. Not emotional but can be sort of empathetic.

Note this: INTJ or INFP => GET ISFP almost always. Senstive Dedicated Dark Individualistic

ISFP or in every case Fi > Ni :D
yump.gif