User Tag List

First 12

Thread: What's my type?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmeric_Moon View Post
    XSTP.
    Have you looked into enneagram?
    My impression is that you're a counterphobic E6.
    E6 would be somewhat fitting, although generally I can't find any enneagram that fits me perfectly. Each seems to represent a fraction of me, and none the entirety of me.

Counterphobic? Yes and no. Problem is that my "counterphobic" behavior is not caused by some inner-rejection of fear or anxiety, but is wholesomely and entirely caused by pride and other "social" emotions. It is not directed towards inanimate things or situations, but is almost entirely directed towards people. If someone tries to threaten me, I instantly interpret it as an insult. As though the person considers himself higher/better/stronger than me. And he may very well in fact be all those things better than me. But I will refuse to acknowledge it, as acknowledging it would damage my inner-integrity and "lock me up" in that inferior position. Acknowledging or agreeing to an inferiority that is being placed on me by someone else, would prove to be a suicidal thing to do for me, because once I do settle with some kind of opinion about myself or the world, I can no longer change it. Hence acknowledging my inferiority would get me stuck in that inferior position for the rest of my life. I need to keep rejecting it in order to continue growing. And that rejection manifests in the form of actions, stand-offs, face-offs, "duels to the death".
    Similarly to how by apologizing you acknowledge your guilt - by running away or cowering or agreeing to being inferior you acknowledge your moral/social inferiority.

As an example to this, I had a big fight with one of my relatives recently, and the fight was triggered by him showing disrespect towards me. By the end of the encounter he threatened to kill me and said he's "not scared of me". I didn't retaliate against that instantly, but his comment that I "don't scare him" got stuck quite deep in my subconsciousness, that I've already spent approximately 3 months working towards a strategy to ensure that he will indeed be scared of me for the rest of his life. The "you don't scare me" was an insult I'm not willing to let pass.

In Nietzschean terms, I suppose, allowing someone to place you into an inferior position is akin to willingly surrendering what "power" you have to him. I ultimately see all people as walking bundles of power. Some have more power, some have less, but all people subconsciously pursue to enlarge their power reserves at the expense of others. It's their natural animalistic instinct to do so, even if they consciously don't realize it or try to reject it. I was never willing to surrender my power to anyone, and I always instinctively felt this flow/exchange of power between people. I had a good grasp on it since childhood, which also prevented me from ever getting bullied in school, despite being the most physically frail and silent guy there was. Helped me force school teachers and university professors to meet my interests. Etc. I suppose this constant obsession with power exchange/flow and power-levels is what alienates/scares off a lot of people from me, but keeps the few strongly attached.

I guess you could say I have a few counterphobic tendencies towards inanimate things as well, in the sense that if I'm scared of a specific knife, I will be compelled to go and touch it, to understand it physically, and this could calm me down. But if I'm scared of driving something, swimming somewhere, going somewhere, 99.9% chance is that I will never seek to face those fears, as I'd simply consider it being a pointless waste of time. If someone would seek to use my fears as means of asserting my social/moral inferiority, then I'd simply come up with an argument to counter that.

Enneagram
    784 sx/so

Now I'm leaning more towards ESTP and enneagram 8, at least you seem like an Sle-Ti in Socionics. (though I still think it's possible to be an ISTP in MBTI and Sle-Ti in Socionics)
    Enneagram: tritype: 86x, you could check out the variations of the tritypes to see if something fits.
    Gut type: 8 because of the emphasis on having a sense of control and power and reluctance to be controlled and powerless, so you're not primarily fear oriented/motivated.
    Head type: 6w7 because of the profound awareness of danger you described previously.
    Heart type: could be 3, not sure.
    If 8 fits definitely check out the instictual variants, that can prove quite helpful in determining your type.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmeric_Moon View Post
    Now I'm leaning more towards ESTP and enneagram 8, at least you seem like an Sle-Ti in Socionics. (though I still think it's possible to be an ISTP in MBTI and Sle-Ti in Socionics)
    Enneagram: tritype: 86x, you could check out the variations of the tritypes to see if something fits.
    Gut type: 8 because of the emphasis on having a sense of control and power and reluctance to be controlled and powerless, so you're not primarily fear oriented/motivated.
    Head type: 6w7 because of the profound awareness of danger you described previously.
    Heart type: could be 3, not sure.
    If 8 fits definitely check out the instictual variants, that can prove quite helpful in determining your type.
    I'm really not that familiar with ennaegram, so my ability to contribute to this thread through E types is extremely limited.

But what I'd like to point out, is that based on my understanding of MBTI types and MBTI functions, I strongly relate to the following stack:

1. Ti/Ni
    2. Ni/Ti
    3. Se
    4. Fe

Thing is that I sense myself to be both a strong Ti and Ni user. And I feel compelled to put my Se somewhere in the middle, more into Tert position rather than into Aux. However, I'm 100% certain that Se is not my inferior, and that Fe is very likely my inferior.

This stack, of course, is weird, because it doesn't relate to any existing stacks out there. However, I am convinced that I'm a fairly good Ti and Ni user, a moderate Se user, and a horrible Fe user.
    Is this maybe how ISTP's who are stuck in Ti-Ni loop feel about themselves? Elevating Ni one step above Se, because they're just used to ignoring their Se due to their loop?
    P.S. I'm fairly certain I don't use Ne/Si
    Likes Norexan liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    Is this maybe how ISTP's who are stuck in Ti-Ni loop feel about themselves? Elevating Ni one step above Se, because they're just used to ignoring their Se due to their loop?
    P.S. I'm fairly certain I don't use Ne/Si
    I am already told you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    If you doubt about xSTP this line is so ISTP. Blidness of [Ti-Ni] loop. Work on yourself.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    I am already told you that.
    Well, ok. If you insist
    Likes Norexan liked this post

Enneagram
    784 sx/so

Yeah, I think you got your functions right, I'm still reserving my judgement on E/I. Se was definitely present in your previous post and I have to admit some of what you wrote is very similar to how an ESTP I know views the world, so that had an influence in my opinion to some extent, but STPs are very alike in that sense so

Likes mez liked this post

I want to describe how I relate to different types of games/gameplay, and I would like to ask the people here to analyze it from a functions/type based perspective.

Table games:

> When I'm invited to play a table game, the rules of which I am not familiar with, I always feel extremely overwhelmed and lost. I struggle to process all of the requirements of the game quickly enough, and as result end up falling behind in the game. I always nod when asked whether I understood the rules explained to me. But in reality it's a lie. I just don't want to inconvenience people by asking them too many times, so decide to YOLO the game instead. My inner voice goes "I'll figure it out along the way."

> However, I tend to choose YOLO-ish tactics in games not only because I struggle to understand a complex new system of rules quickly enough, but also because I often feel impulsive in games, and prefer to test my luck rather than to test my intelligence. I might start off by implementing a 3, 4, or 5 step strategy. But somewhere along the way, I'll just go "ah screw it, let's see if lady fortune fancies me today" and just start doing random crap moves, whilst trying to appear smart and crafty.

> Despite my very YOLO-ish attitude towards games, I nevertheless care very strongly about winning. Winning is what helps me improve my self-value. And if I lose, I actually feel more devastated by it than anyone else in the group ever would, although I never show it. It's quite a paradox that even though I care so-so much about winning, I end up putting so-so little effort into playing the game well.

> Mid-game, since I can't be bothered to play by the rules, I might develop a tendency to check whether the person's behavior, words and facial expressions are somehow related to his tactics/confidence/success in the game itself. So instead of looking at the actual results of the game, I'll start making game-choices based on my predictions and assessments of his facial expressions, bodily movements, eyes, etc.

Computer games:

> I can't be bothered with complex strategy/politics oriented games, and the reason is the same - I struggle to learn a new system of rules, I get overwhelmed by it. So I'd need to spend several days learning the "politics" of a strategy game to actually play it, and I don't have patience for that, plus I prefer fast-paced games rather than slow-dragged out ones. Hence why I prefer military real-time-strategy (RTS) games instead, where the "politics" are as simple as building up an army and sending it to smash another army. So since people usually perceive me as a "smart" and the "strategic type" of person, they often invite me to play those complex slow dragged-out "politics" strategy games. And I always feel awkward about declining. But I know I must decline because I just won't handle that stuff, and won't enjoy it.
    I greatly enjoy first-person and third-person shooting games, racing games, RPG games.

> I'm not really a big gamer, I haven't played a single game in several years now, since I'm stuck in my head most of the time. But whenever I did and do play games, I tend to determine my "potential" and "success" based on my reaction times and on my ability to predict the "organic movements" of the battlefield.
    As an example, if we would take World of Warships - even though I know that the slow heavy ships pack a better punch and survive longer, I still go for the Destroyers - the smallest but also quickest ships. They have a very bad survival record, and the damage they inflict tends to be insignificant, but their sheer ability to "dash" through the entire battlefield in a matter of seconds, enter and leave battle before anyone even manages to react - is what excites me the most.

> The mentality mentioned above is also applied by me in MMORPG games, when I prefer to choose the light but quick classes, instead of the heavy and slow classes. I just can't bear to look at my character spending 2-3 seconds executing one attack move. I feel a strong need to keep dashing all over the place, avoiding hits, as well as avoiding up-close direct contact with enemies, and picking them off from a distance instead.

> When playing shooter games, I strive to become "one with the character", and this is necessary to improve my reaction time/performance. So I might occasionally end up moving parts of my body during an FPS game mimicking the movements of the character - which doesn't help at all, looks weird, but kinda feels natural.

Dreams:

> I don't play games a lot. Usually I tend to pick up a game, stick to it for a few weeks, then drop and play nothing at all for half a year or more. However, I don't really need to enjoy games, because the dreams I have during sleep closely resemble games. They're vivid and full of action scenes. Since I was a kid and still up till this day, I often end up dreaming of scenes, which I myself take part in, that include supernatural acrobatics, inhuman speed, beautiful fighting choreography.

Not so long ago I had the following dream: In a fantasy world which seemed to be heavily inspired by Chinese/Korean folklore and architecture, I, with a group of comrades, infiltrated the palace of some evil aristocrat. And we spent about 90% of the dream jumping around, running on walls, flying all over the room, using swords and chains as weapons. I felt the power of every move, the weight of every weapon. And yet, at the same time, I was also able to all so slightly alter the laws of physics, to allow myself to land on walls or ceiling. The dream also played a song which I heard maybe 5 years before. So after waking up, I jumped to searching for the song online, and upon finding it, spent over a week listening to it just to recall the awesome scenes from the dream.

Just about last night: I dreamed of having woken up in a world, which was kind of like a "mirrored version" of our real world, yet remained fake. Within the dream I deemed it to be the "land of shadows". What was unique about that world is that it was in the midst of a large war. And I carried out the role of some low-rank soldier, who had to use a rifle to single-highhandedly break through several enemy checkpoints. During my short experience with the rifle in the dream, I managed to perfect my shooting skills/reflexes, and picked off every single enemy, no matter how close or how distant he was. At times used my rifle as a "staff" for physical combat, and fluidly shifted back to using it as a firearm.

Generally speaking, dreams about running, fighting, shooting are extremely common for me, and make up maybe about 70-80% of all the dreams I tend to experience. I absolutely never feel physically confined or powerless in dreams, and always enjoy the thrill of an intense and pleasing combat encounter.

When I was very small, and sometimes slept in the same bed with my parents, I often used to wake them up by punching or kicking them in my sleep, as for whatever reason my in-dream fighting experiences tended to express themselves physically in the real world.