• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introduction

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In the past, I have sometimes written these questionnaires too long out of desire for perfect accuracy. This is something I really dread repeating. Honestly, though, I wanna see what effect time has had on the parts of my type I've historically not been as solid on. Also, questionnaires seem kind of like a deluxe version of the introduction thread - part of how we get to know each other here, and a lot of people I like and talk to a lot here are much newer members than me and have never seen me do one. So, compromise: I challenge myself to only answer each of these in one paragraph (except for the first two questions, which are most important), and it is possible for a paragraph to disqualify itself by being too long. It's still not going to be short.

Briefly, what I think of my self-typing is that it's mostly great. ISF is solid (lol at P/J confusion - go for it!), and so is 4w5 (lol at this being an Enneagram questionnare that I am not using for Enneagram). While I enjoy input on all things, to be transparent about expectations before we start, the enneatype is particularly experiential for me and unlikely to budge. I tend to score highest on functions Fi and Si, and least on Ti and Ne. I have deal breakers with all of the instinctual variants - am just not that instinctual in general - but Sx seems the least worst fit. I fit in most comfortably with socionics Gamma types, to a noticeable experiential degree.

Finally, I remember [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION] encouraged this when I waffled about posting it a while back, and is also pretty cool!

Here is:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Funny story, I had written a majority of this out the night you posted this, but my laptop had died. Sorry for the late response! The spoiler contains my thoughts on each answer you gave.

Overall, I definitely think you are on the Te/Fi and Se/Ni axes. If I absolutely had to give a four letter typing, it'd be ESFP. I say this because I think Se is your strongest function, your relationship with Te is sharp but not honed (tertiary), and with your dips into Ti as well as your apparent stepping away from Ne, being an ESFP would explain why you could be appearing as ISFJ to some. (ESFP mirrors ISFJ.) On the enneagram side, I think you are 1w2 - 4w5 - 7w6. Throughout this entire questionnaire, your answers really did scream "e1". Frustration also seems to be a bigger theme for you than guilt, which is why I think your core is gut and not heart. (The e1 could also be another reason for why ISFJ was up for consideration.) I don't think you mention anything involving what the mind triad covers without being prompted, so I naturally will put mind last in my typing of you. I'm 50/50 on whether or not you are 7w6 or 6w7, but I'm going to bet on the former, since e7 escapism and e4 expressionism all contained within e1 self criticalness is a combination I can associate with you. (So, to be less longwinded, I think 147 over 146 because the 147 image fits you more.) I agree with your sx/sp typing.

A promise is a promise, [MENTION=17945]Video[/MENTION]! Expect an intro thread from me soon!

á´…eparted

passages
I am at work so I am unabe to write much, but I want to say some things while it is fresh.

It is plainly obvious to me that ISFP is correct. I can see why merced would say ESFP, but you are simply too contained to Se dom, but the Se influence is strong, and I don't see Ni as weak either. Fi is at the fore front.

4 is also obvious, but it is also strange to me. Your 4 is very... controlled? It has a lazer focus and confidence that isn't often seen. I often see 4's as sort of a slave to their urges and appear really messy. That isn't you. I could see you as a 1, but something doesnt feel quite right about that.

I also just generally enjoyed reading this as I got to understand you a bit better, and it does strike me that I can relate to a good deal of what you wrote. I am not the same, but it all seems almosy eeirly familiar.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to respond to you both at once...in installments if I have to. Apologies for the lateness; this warrants good consideration, and my work has truly been a shitshow since last week.

Funny story, I had written a majority of this out the night you posted this, but my laptop had died. Sorry for the late response! The spoiler contains my thoughts on each answer you gave.

A promise is a promise, [MENTION=17945]Video[/MENTION]! Expect an intro thread from me soon!
Not a problem! And, :heart:

I am at work so I am unabe to write much, but I want to say some things while it is fresh.

It is plainly obvious to me that ISFP is correct. I can see why merced would say ESFP, but you are simply too contained to Se dom, but the Se influence is strong, and I don't see Ni as weak either. Fi is at the fore front.

Overall, I definitely think you are on the Te/Fi and Se/Ni axes. If I absolutely had to give a four letter typing, it'd be ESFP. I say this because I think Se is your strongest function, your relationship with Te is sharp but not honed (tertiary), and with your dips into Ti as well as your apparent stepping away from Ne, being an ESFP would explain why you could be appearing as ISFJ to some. (ESFP mirrors ISFJ.)
Te/Fi and Se/Ni axes are one thing everyone seems to agree on for me, whether they think I am introvert, extravert, or even an INTJ (which I thought I was for a while myself once...definitely false; I am far from N-dom!). I have contemplated extraversion before based not so much on behavior as needing to ping perceptions of a thing off the outside world for it to be real to me, and on being energized rather than drained by social activity. But then there's that entire wall in my bedroom covered in "Galaxy-Wide Introvert of the Year" certificates...figuratively. I mean that the basis of introversion for me is harder to describe out loud, but somehow at least as compelling in my own experience just interacting with others.

What I get from the above at the very least is that perhaps I'm wrong about being unbalanced over-favoring my introverted functions - or perhaps I'm just not *anymore*. The latter, I think - we change. Perhaps I'm ready to stop saying that my Se is crap in every single SP-oriented typology thread. ;)

Question 12a suggests an disinteresting in Ne and a preference for Ni. The desire for clear cut boundaries to work within can be assumed to be another instance of Te valuing. Question 12b is actually something I'd associate with Ti, the same with Question 12c's relationship with authority.
I have less than zero Ne, which would influence me to think that it could only either be my inferior or not even existing. This wasn't something I always thought (my first typing was INFP), but then I learned more of what sensing is about, and realized that what Ne really is is something I can't describe accurately or explain the value of even where I find it quite enviable in the vague, sole way that I can.

I also just generally enjoyed reading this as I got to understand you a bit better, and it does strike me that I can relate to a good deal of what you wrote. I am not the same, but it all seems almosy eeirly familiar.
Yup, the bolded was the intent! And I have thought the same often when I have read your posts, mostly about life trajectory and decisions you have made about who you wanted to be/what you wanted to take control of inside versus what may have come easiest, at least at one time. I'm glad you responded to this.

...both of you. And I will hit the rest of your replies in the next post.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Immediately, by the answer given in Question 1, I am noticing a clear appreciation for the NiSe axis. I'd go as far as say you describe an interest in running Se concepts through an Ni lens. You have a need to find presence as it comes before you and narrow it within the abstract, as opposed to SiNe where there is an extraction of the abstract narrowed into reflections of presence, if that makes sense.
This did take a bit of time to get, but it is clear now!

Question 2 pushes more into concepts I'd pin as e6 sentiments, though there are some parts in there that assert the previous points towards e1 and e2.
What I expected to happen with a questionnaire is that I would get pegged by everybody as a 6 because of that kind of anxious tension, but it doesn't seem to be as prevalent to others in the rest of the content as I thought it would be. It's a type I visit periodically because it seems like a potential thing and because of the presence of some red flags where everyone recommends you should check 6, but then it doesn't take too much digging to come to the where the big disconnect is. The theme of skepticism vs trust of other people, especially, is not just weak for me but very dim as a theme. That weakness is the reason I'm not clear on where I stand about that question, not because it's a fear that's core to me. Is definitely my fix, though.

Also within the first question, you express desire towards decreasing error and expendability, concepts associated with e1 and e2 respectively.
Although this also kinda plays into level of trust in reality - a mindset that if I let myself become expendable, I will be expended. Honestly that comes out of being bullied as a child - a sense of there being something about you that selects you in particular for hurt if you don't work to answer it with some socially salient strength. The strength I used against that was achievement and creative merit. But it's also 4 - that assumption is also an assumption that the problem is me standing out enough to be spotted and called out if I don't keep to a particular standard, instead of perhaps bad luck, some impersonal superficial feature, or the other people's problem. Actually more of a matter of focus than an assumption - like, of course the other people have a problem. But that's their business, not mine. Who I am here, and what I do, is mine.