User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    No. ENTJ lead people because others see in them "something". They can push others to undiscover limits so they can help them to make their dreams come true... They are GENERALS.
    Yeah, I agree with this. It's my instinct to recognize/reconcile problems and potentials and therefore, somewhat intrusively impose my vision of corrective structure and order on people's lives but it's maddening and fatiguing to be consistently resisted/undermined by those who are too sensitive/narrow-minded/stubborn/dumb. In the past, resistance only served to make me more determined to have my way and accomplish my objectives to the point of harming relationships and creating negative perceptions that subsequently put stifling limits on my effectiveness.

In hindsight, I can see that my sometimes harrying and aggressive way of "getting things done" was too heavy-handed and intimidating and always bordered on contemptuous condescension (lol), and so I've consciously worked on better utilizing my Ni (to intuit and foresee favorable behavioral outcomes) and developing my Fi (to better empathize) more thoroughly and have learned how to soften/adjust my approach to suit the various personalities. Nevertheless, I still prefer to lead those who are more inclined towards my particular brand of leadership...and they usually tend to be smart, capable and creative...and not so "touchy-feely." lol

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I relate to most of what you wrote and felt like commenting on this part.

Corporate "culture" is not for people who are innovative, imaginative, and willing to take risks. It is more for people who want a stable salary and fit in with the norm. It seems very TeSi/FeSi to me.

I personally would love to work with finance and business, but not "corporate culture". I would rather be able to make decisions myself if I lose, then it's on me, if I win, it's to my credit. I don't think TeNi likes corporate culture at all, but I think we do thrive on the kind of challenges business can provide if we are in a position of leadership and/or follow a vision which we believe in.

That isn't to say all ENTJ will work in business, far from it, they can work in any field so long as it provides those challenges.
    Absolutely agreed.

I think ESTJs and ESFJs move up the corporate ladder quicker and at a steadier pace than ENTJs because they are more willing to tow the line and consistently carry out proven and reliable methods whereas ENTJs tend to take sporadic but greater leaps up the ladder (eventually landing at the top), particularly upon proving the effectiveness of their strategies and the strength of their visions in procuring favorable outcomes. Not to slight SJs whatsoever, but what works, and what has worked, aren't always the most efficient and productive ways of doing things--being ready and willing to think outside the box and take well thought out and mitigated risks have always been and will always be essential to mega success in the business world. ENTJs tend to be the visionaries and ESXJs keep the ship afloat. Both are vital.
    Likes Typh0n, Norexan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    No. Stable job and salary as well free flats, education and health-cere only exist in communism...
    Communism

I think I make a better leader than most ENTJs.

That's my own bias speaking, I understand they probably have a different idea of what equates to good leadership.

I would agree though that the profiles don't really do them justice. They often make ENTJs sound like ESTP-ESTJ hybrids. I suspect most ExTJ profiles are not written by ExTJs.

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I think I make a better leader than most ENTJs.

That's my own bias speaking, I understand they probably have a different idea of what equates to good leadership.
    Mind explaining how? Just interested in your thoughts.