• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are my instinctual variants?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello there. I've identified as sp/so for a very long time, but some people have recently brought to my attention the possibility that I might be an sp/sx. In addition, a couple of people have said I seem so/sp? So I'm experience a bit of confusion and I hope you can provide me help from new perspectives.
I've recently settled on 6w5 as my core enneagram type, and 136 as my tritype. I'm starting to wonder if my relation to self-preservation comes solely from my introversion and my anxiety (which may just be from my enneagram). When reading about the variants on their own, I don't relate to the one-on-one connections and intensity that sexual variants desire. However, when it comes to variants connected to type 6, sexual is most relatable to me. It's the most rebellious and skeptic from what I understand. I can elaborate more on this if you want, but I think I'll just go ahead and answer a questionnaire.

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?

I am not attentive to my finances. I really should check my bank more often and sometimes recklessly spend. Whenever I want to buy something that I recognize is within an acceptable price range, I'm easily willing to spend my money without looking back.

2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?

I do consider myself to be security-oriented. Safety and privacy are extremely important to me. I am very protective of myself and my loved ones, as well as our belongings.

3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?

I enjoy schedules and routines because I find them comforting, and big changes give me a lot of anxiety so I try to prevent them as much as I can. I suppose I am consistent in this way.

4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?

I am a bit of a risk-adverse person for the most part. However, I enjoy doing all-or-nothing bets on gambling and can find it hard to stop.

5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?

In real life I am extremely private and refuse to reveal too much to strangers. It takes me a long time to open up to other people and there are always things I would never share. However I am less private online. There are key things that I would never give out to someone I just met (such as full name and city, which I've seen many others do and I found it strange), but I'll easily talk about random embarrassing shit that I would never say in public.

6. Do you tend to be introverted?

I consider myself to be a very introverted person. I'm withdrawn and avoidant of other people, and social situations generally make me very uncomfortable.

7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?

I don't find economics particularly interesting. I have a basic understanding of money, securities, and investments, but don't think about it often.

8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?

I like to think about worst-case scenarios that may happen and what I would do in those situations. A lot of the time I find that there is not much I can do in a given event and just try to convince myself that I'm ready for it. However, I'm not a very physically prepared person and I often don't go out of my way to get materials that will make me ready to face an emergency.

9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?

Thinking about health scares me so I try to avoid that topic. I don't like seeing the doctor, therefore I avoid trips to the clinic or hospital as much as I can. However, safety and comfort are very important to me. If my surroundings are not pleasant, my mood quickly turns to shit, and if my setting is unsafe, I experience a lot of paranoia. I don't really have too many requirements about my home except that it should fit all my stuff, be in a relatively safe neighborhood, and have air conditioning/heater.

10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?

Yes, I went into detail about this on question #8 but I do tend to worry about things that may possibly go wrong.

11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?

I perceive things in a very concrete way so I do appreciate instructions being spelled out in great detail. I don't like thinking out of the box so I tend to seek exact informations, and guarantees are quite assuring as well.

12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?

Not really, I don't think I am or should be responsible for anyone else's finances, even if they matter to me as a person.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image
1. Do you need or really like social validation?

I'm somewhat of an individualist and I don't like social validation in the form of conforming to other people for them to accept me, or having people become more like me showing that they accept me. (To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what social validation means in this context.)

2. Is social image important to you?

As much as I hate to openly admit it, my reputation is very important to me and I find it horribly displeasing if people see me in a way that I find unappealing (weak, dumb, etc.).

3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?

It's nice to fantasize about people acknowledging my talents in a public setting, I must admit.

4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?

I think about my affect on other individuals, not so much bigger entities. I know I'm insignificant.

5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?

I try to look my best in public and find it disgusting to not put any effort into my appearance before going out. I don't understand people who leave the house in their pajamas, without brushing their teeth. I know I'd be judged if I did that, and I'd prefer not to. I do desire popularity to some extent and want people to recognize my name and remember my face, but I don't do much (if anything) to seek fame.

6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?

I tend to avoid doing hard and creative work for social causes because I convince myself that no matter how good it is, it won't be appreciated enough.

7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?

Not really. None of the clubs at my school particularly appeal to me and I'm not interested in joining any.

8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?

If I randomly get into a special group online it feels nice, but I don't actively seek them. Once in a while if I feel comfortable in said group then I might seek leadership position.

9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?

This has never happened to me because my mother is very inclusive. I don't like family gatherings so I can't imagine feeling too bad about being rejected from them.

10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?

No.

11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?

I get very embarrassed when certain things happen to me in public (falling in front of people, getting bullied, etc.), but not really stuff that are considered faux pas. Like if I burp in a social setting that's honestly not so bad in my opinion. I try to put effort into looking as nice as I can before going out, and carefully thinking about things I say before I say them around people I don't know well, but other than that I don't plan much.

12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?

Hell no.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)
1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?

Not really, I think I'm a very independent person. I despise the idea of my identity relying on someone else.

2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?

Yes, I like energized conversations with others, even though they rarely happen for me. I love having revealing conversations with Internet friends and learning a lot about them as well as sharing things about myself, but that kind of stuff would scare me in real life.

3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?

I don't focus on either. Close relationships scare me and I don't like putting effort into them. Money just comes and goes for me, I don't do much about it.

4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?

No, I appreciate money for my own sake. Although I must admit that it would be nice to have it boost others' perceptions of me.

5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?

I put my own needs and wants first.

6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?

Other concerns, I'm not too interested in how I relate to potential partners.

7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?

I'm usually not emotionally expressive when it comes to most people but I can get dramatic when I'm alone or with someone that I know well. I like to dig deep into conversations with other people because I find personal stuff interesting.

8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?

Yes, I'm generally an in-the-moment person. Present security is important, but I'm not too paranoid about future security. I try not to think too far into the future because I find it irrelevant, who knows if I'll even still be alive?

9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?

No, I don't think I've ever been able to fully connect with another person.

10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?

If I have to talk to the same people over and over again I tend to get bored, so I appreciate new social experiences, doing new things with other people. I do get bored without stimulation in the area of relationships, but oftentimes I'm too apathetic to seek it. I'm not really into risks, though.

11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?

My priorities are always first on my mind. I rarely find it important to focus on connecting with someone else. People come and go in my opinion.

12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?

Sexuality is an interesting topic to me and I think about mine a lot. I have a lot of romantic fantasies that I like to think about, but I'd probably be scared to do them in real life. I don't like mysticism or spirituality at all, so I definitely don't think about either.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nah, stick with sp/so. You don't seem to be super sx blind, but when you answered the sx questions, you answered in a sp way which focused on security. Your So section is fairly strong too, but not in an obsessive way which suggests it's your secondary focus.