User Tag List

12 Last

Default Please Help Me Find My Type

I took this questionnaire from another website.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I've always struggled with anxiety and depression.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Here

Something like this picture is a decent representation of me in a way. Mountains of experiences and feelings stretching out into the distance. Each mountain a different period or event in my life, and the size of it being the impact it had on me and depth of emotion I had/ħave attached to it. From afar it could appear beautiful, but trudging through the thick of it is another matter. Once you're over one mountain, you look out into the distance and see infinitely more. All connected in some way, and all coming together to form myself.

Here

I also really loved this photo. To me it shows going through hard trials to get to your dreams. I just love this picture, I found it really inspirational. I like it best on an individual level like that, but I could also see it representing the journey of humanity. Just like on an individual level, humanity will one day come out of the darkness and enter the light.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

'Hopefully we can fix this in time to get to the concert.' Since we're stranded out in the middle of nowhere I'd imagine I'd be thinking 'I hope someone doesn't murder us' because it'd feel like something out of a horror film.

I'd try to look at whatever part of the car was having the problem, but since I know next to nothing about cars I'd probably suggest using a smart phone to try to find a towing company or mechanic. If that doesn't work, call the emergency number? I don't know. I'd probably be showing my concern for possibly getting killed but try not to let that bother me too much (lol….)

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I probably would not want to go. I'm not one for parties, and I'd just want to go home and relax / unwind anyways.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I'd probably be cringing inside. I'd try to just ignore it unless the conversation went on forever and/or it was a particularly upsetting statement. If I said something I'd most likely do so a bit meekly, because I don't like to cause conflict. I'd end up feeling bad about bothering to say anything later. The only person I'd feel comfortable actually arguing something out with would be my husband. Anyone else and I normally just try to keep the peace / get out of the situation that's making me uncomfortable.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I'd put in time to research the truth of it and compare it against my own understanding and experience to find out what makes the most sense to me.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Honesty
    Empathy
    Truth
    Consideration (in every way)
    Probably some others that I can't think of right now but I'll regret not putting here later.

I don't know that I ever determined them, they just are for me. And I can't really imagine these changing. It'd be weird to me, for example, to stop valuing honesty.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I can't think of anything. I feel like anything I could think to say isn't something that's especially unique, because many others have those same personality traits.

b) I wish I didn't get overwhelmed so easily.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I usually trust that sort of thing. They mostly come in situations where something seems off/suspicious in some way and I'm getting a bad feeling about something. Or if I think a situation will work out a certain way. But in that case, I'd still try to account for as many different possible scenarios as I could imagine.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Researching stuff I'm interested in. I like to learn as much as I can about my interests and thinking up potential plans for the future. I also enjoy spending lots of time with my husband. We mostly just laze around the house or perhaps go out for a few hours (a few hours is about all we can stand before needing to come home.)

b) Having to interact with people too much. I don't like having to be concerned with how I'm coming off and seeming pleasant to people, so that they don't think I'm terrible or something. I don't like small talk and I'm not very good at it.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I keep critical thoughts to myself most of the time because I don't like to cause conflict and I don't think starting an argument would end up doing much good anyhow (most of the time.)

Some more about me:

- I'm attracted to sadness. I'm prone to melancholy.
    - I'm a perfectionist.
    - I have a fair amount of self-doubt and doubt in general.
    - I don't like vague instructions. I like to know what is expected of me.
    - I'm good at seeing multiple perspectives and different ways of interpreting information.
    - I like to have validation from others.
    - I wouldn't describe myself as a very 'here and now' kind of person. I'm usually thinking about something else, be it the past, imagining some random would/could-be scenario, or perhaps relating what is happening now to how it will impact future plans.
    - I've always been really sensitive to criticism and take everything to heart.
    - I can be really indecisive, which I hate.
    - I have a hard time picking favorites of many things.
    - I'm not a particularly 'live and let live' kind of person, at least not in my head. I definitely like to keep the peace, but if someone does/says something that just makes no sense to me or does/says something that's really rude/inconsiderate, I have a hard time letting it go internally. It can eat at me for a long time and I'll re-hash the arguments for and against in my head again and again.
    - I've noticed that when someone is telling me about a problem they've been having with another person and I personally disagree with their 'side' and agree more with the person they are having a problem with, I have a hard time just being supportive. I struggle not to want to argue the side I agree with. I feel bad about doing that, but it's hard for me not to (if I'm familiar with the person I'm talking to, anyhow.)

Bump.

MBTI
    INTJ

Try this test.
    http://www.discordia-inc.co.uk/misc/mbtitest.html

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Thanks for replying. I got INTJ. Do you think this fits with my questionnaire answers?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aithne View Post
    Thanks for replying. I got INTJ. Do you think this fits with my questionnaire answers?
    Generally, yes. I think you could be an INTJ.
    Just so you know, I am not good at jumping to conclusions about someone's type based on the things they write, but in this case, you sound a lot like me.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Likes Aithne liked this post

Bump. Does anyone have any ideas?

Bump.

INTJ or INFJ, honestly leaning more towards INFJ based on vibe.
    If you are an INTJ then you have a well develpoed Fi. Have you looked into cognitive functions Aithne?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmeric_Moon View Post
    INTJ or INFJ, honestly leaning more towards INFJ based on vibe.
    If you are an INTJ then you have a well develpoed Fi.
    Thank you for replying. Is there anything in my post that lead you to that, or is it just a feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmeric_Moon View Post
    Have you looked into cognitive functions Aithne?
    I have, but it's hard to know if I'm truly understanding them correctly. Sometimes it feels like I just end up confusing myself, so I wanted to make a 'what's my type' thread to see how I come off to other people, just to get some more input from an outside perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Aithne View Post
    Thank you for replying. Is there anything in my post that lead you to that, or is it just a feeling?

I have, but it's hard to know if I'm truly understanding them correctly. Sometimes it feels like I just end up confusing myself, so I wanted to make a 'what's my type' thread to see how I come off to other people, just to get some more input from an outside perspective.
    I only went by vibe when deciding between intj or infj, I saw a lot of indication of introverted intuition and possibly extroverted feeling in your answers to the questions .