• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone else have a big five that doesn't match their mbti?

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I figured my type out by functions and don't get me wrong it fits pretty well, well enough that I don't have a lot of doubt about it...but then...

When I test Big Five and dichotomy tests I score something completely different, and the results are completely different. So I guess my question is, is this fairly common (and by that I mean possible) or do I need to reconsider things?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine is off from mine, but I don't think it necessarily has to correlate to MBTI. Big five traits don't seem to conflict with MBTI traits.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm pretty sure I typically score low conscientiousness even I though I fit in line with the SJ temperament.

There are correlations between MBTI and big five, but they are not 1:1, meaning there can be some variation between the two. There are statistics about this that can be found on Wikipedia.

At any rate, the big five seems to be more geared toward measurable traits and behaviors, whereas the MBTI seems to want to take a deeper look inside. The downside of this is that MBTI cannot be as easily used in experiments because it has more subjectivity.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry what I meant to say is that my big five matches my score on mbti tests but does not match my actual type.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, high conscientiousness as a P. My type is introverted/high neuroticism/high conscientiousness/high agreeableness/middling openness.

Eternal Harmony

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that the Big Five can match other criteria of yourself that are not or only little included in the MBTI.
After all, I have stated that both systems results in features that are particularly my own.
It is always better to consult more than to rely on only one :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Sorry what I meant to say is that my big five matches my score on mbti tests but does not match my actual type.

So you just mean that your function order does not match your type by dichotomy, correct? Sometimes they do feel like two different systems that don't connect. But I don't have much to say on the topic.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you just mean that your function order does not match your type by dichotomy, correct? Sometimes they do feel like two different systems that don't connect. But I don't have much to say on the topic.
Yeah, so I'm wondering if Big Five type stuff matches more with dichotomy than it does function (it would make sense that it would), and then basically, which is better for considering type, big five/dichotomy or function. I've always thought functions were more relevant and concrete, but I guess theres always an argument for the reverse. Sorry for not being clear, sometimes it makes sense up there, but is hard to articulate.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I dunno, what does this tell me?

9guc1Q0.png

I wouldn't have pegged myself as that disorganized or anxious, but whatever.

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't find the system to be very accurate, and I don't think it corresponds well to the MBTI. That said there is a section on the website where they try to make a comparison, in which my type correlates to INTP which is close.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I took another one and got SLUEI (ENTP).
The description sounds terrible, lol.
I keep getting RCOEI or the extroverted version of it, it's fully 2-3 letters off, but then I get that on mbti dichotomy tests too, do you ever test as mbti on those?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get RLOEI, and that correlates to INTJ. Close enough I guess.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I keep getting RCOEI or the extroverted version of it, it's fully 2-3 letters off, but then I get that on mbti dichotomy tests too, do you ever test as mbti on those?

I've never tested as an MBTI ENTP, but I have tested as an INTP (usually it's more like INxP) or an ExFP. My most common result by far though is INFP (which upon deeper analysis doesn't make much sense for me).

The big 5 is my nemesis. It describes me as being extremely introverted yet open to new things but I’m disorganized, rude, and anxious. Yeah great.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
C is for conscientiousness correct? That's interesting. I was hoping it would be indicative of S over N but I guess I'm back to square one here.

C is calm, l is limbic. Idk if there's more than one way to label things, but this is the test I took.

Inquisitive is intuitive and s is noncurious, which seems dumb, but whatever.

Conscuencuentousness is j vs p, which isn't always correct either.

Oh well, all just correlations really.

Oh hey were the same sicionics type!

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
C is calm, l is limbic. Idk if there's more than one way to label things, but this is the test I took.

Inquisitive is intuitive and s is noncurious, which seems dumb, but whatever.

Conscuencuentousness is j vs p, which isn't always correct either.

Oh well, all just correlations really.

Oh hey were the same sicionics type!

LOL inquisitive is always my highest. Shouldn't be with SLI I feel like but the definitions may be different enough that it works. Does SLI correlate with ISTJ? I didn't think it fit me until I saw the Si subtype description. lol.