• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have I got Fe - Ti or Fi - Te? Some questionnaires to help you understand myself.

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
Hi guys, I'm still looking into MBTI since I'm having a hard time to figure myself out, maybe I'm not understanding MBTI system in-depth and I'm "missing the forest for the trees", and probably focusing too much on closing myself in a box... I have a hard time understanding if I am more of a Te user or Ti, people on telegram and Socionics told me I definitely value Ti, but I don't think I have this need to systematize everything, but maybe I'm biased by too many informations atm... care to help with my rants?

By [MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION]
1-what makes you angry? Injustice and disrespect for people, those are 2 necessary thing that should always being given to others

2-what do you like/dislike most about people? I like people because everyone is kinda unique, but, if I am to generalize, I dislike bad manners and opportunism, while I like very much non-judgmental people who are kinda outgoing

3-do you like animals? why? Yes, I love them, I have a cat and a dog, always loved animals since I was a child, I feel a special bond with them and couldn't imagine to hurt them

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life? The patience they have with me and the fun time we always have together, they really help e going on

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself? I can be too indecisive on my choices and not folowing thorugh them, leaving them for different experiences.... And also I have troubles with imposing myself with force, even when I stick to my guns

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not? I was grown with parents that worked in the fashion world, I kinda started to dislike the trends and giving them too much importance, but I definitely like to have my unique style and look good because I like to be watched and praised for it, to be honest xD
But I'd definitely like to work in that peculiar sector, since fashion is really fascinating for me

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out? Stand out. definitely when given the occasion

8-what activities do you enjoy? Playing videogames and musical instruments (in my band especially) and going out with my friends , I like to always keep me busy with several activities and things to do that make me move around, I don't enjoy very much reading, but I like it when I dedicate some of my time to it, kinda rare, prefer to be "on the go"

9-what makes you feel secure? Being backed up by wealth and being free to dedicate myself to my hobbies

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not? Definitely, I don't admit it probably, but I'm kinda romantic at the heart and enjoy spending time with my SO, especailly in a more physical way

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc... Mostly nature and landscape, they make me relax myself in front of such spectacular beauty

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about? Probably things that I have to do, or, when getting enthusiastic with something (like the MBTI system to say one thing xD) I like to read more and more about it, keeping my mind busy

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child? Ethichally speaking, not very much, I grown up with some teachings,I decided which one to adopt and they still stick with me, but I have become more pragmatic and logical with the passing of the years, but I'd say I'm the usual outgoing child that I was years ago XD

By [MENTION=6071]Oaky[/MENTION]
What's your type? Dunno, probably E S F/T P

What colour do you like? Green, Blue and Red in order of preference

What is your favourite personality? ExTJ, I love their decisive way to act , and especially like xNTJ for their clear foresight tendency to be the master of their life

Where can you find clams? In the sea and at the restaurant, maybe some in form of fossils

Are you fascinated by wooden planks? I like their shape and the details of the wood, but I prefer their utility

Do people make you fascinated by boats? I like boats, and I like when people talk to me about them, but is something I already like xD

Does the number 9 resemble the number 6? It's a 6 turned upside down, so, yes, definitely

How are elastic bands made? with rubber I guess?

Do you step on the floor tiles only being able to step on the one's that fit into the pattern in your mind? Yes, I do, it's called OCD probably

Do you take your finger and make sure it does not meet a lamp post and only go over it using your field of vision as the picture? I did that when I was a child xD

If you put a pig in an airplane does that mean that pigs can fly? No, pigs have no wings

Did you ever remember the 5th of November? The gunpowder treason and plot? And I see no reason, for the gunpowder treason, to ever be forgot... (I love V for vendetta, watched it like 4 times)

By [MENTION=34933]whatever[/MENTION]
1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? A dragon, majestic and beautiful

2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) I really don't know, I kinda have a hard time focusing on my future and knowing what should I do

3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? I like being human, thanks

4. What is your favorite beverage? Beer alcoholic, Coca Cola non alcoholic

5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? Definitely some pasta with a sauce made by me

6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? Immigration Policies here in Italy, I think

7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? Star Wars definitely

8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? Pizza, I am Italian and I would die as one

By [MENTION=8046]ayoitsStepho[/MENTION]
1. How do you respond to clingy people? I get pretty annoyed, but try hard not to show it unless pushed to the limit

2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be? The color now is beautiful, I'd hate another color, it fits it perfectly

3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)? If it is hot, why not

4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)? I generally become more teasing in the group, on one on one, I would either jump on her in a bestial manner, or act shy as fuck, depends if I understood that I am reciprocated or not

5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience? Beautiful, It's one of the best sensation on the Earth

6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose? That's pretty gross, no one, thanks, it's quite unhygienic

7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it? With clothes, probably trying to give the illusion of being someone else, or, in the night, in a real black way to hide in the darkness

8. Name a city that best represents your personality. Don't know why, but I always felt attracted to New Orleans, especially after watching the princess and the frog, I love that culture and mixture of mysticism and fun life, and I love the idea of having jazz music following me wherever I'd go

By [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION]
1. What is your favorite food? What's so great about it? Pasta, since it's a basic food, but it's adaptable as hell and completely changes the taste based on how you season it

2. Define justice! Helping the weak who are in need of assistance or are subjugated by the strongest powers or the peculiar circumstances they live in

3. Do you orientate by general directions or by landmarks? Both of them, I generally have a map drawed in my mind while walking around and have a really strong sense of orientation, if I can visualize it, I can follow it (I just need to take a look at a map), so, I guess I uncosciously save the landmarks in my mind, but are mostly guided by the directions I focused on the map

4. What did you like about your favorite story book from childhood? Jack and the beanstalk, since I loved the curiosity that moved jack to go to an unexplored place while facing his fear with a sense of impending danger, and conquer it with cunning and style

5. What would you like to learn if time and money were no issue? Why? Definitely more musical instruments as possible, I love music and the idea of knowing several instruments to play

6. Can you roll your tongue? Yes, It's quite easy

7. Describe the inside of your fridge! (Going by memory) 3 small platforms: On the upper one, ham, wurstels and eggs, on the central one different cheeses in a box and yogurts with a piece of iron on which we put the champagne and the fruit juice, on the bottom one light drinks, pasta that we keep fresh and the fruits and vegetables that doesn't fit in the 2 little closets under the bottom platform; on the inside of the door of the fridge, sauces, chocolate, water, wine, lemon, mayonnaise, ketchup and barbecue sauces

8. Convince the forum that pajama day should be a bank holiday. BECAUSE KEEPING IN PAJAMAS IS DESTRESSFUL AS FUCK, JOIN ME

Thanks you guys for the attention, I'm curious about your ideas! If you need other infos I'd gladly add another questionnaire after this, I found one quite intersting.
The first result I got on 16personalities (and I find it not very reliable) was ENFP, but, the more I studied about Fe and Fi and the more I got confused, to the point I cannot decide about my preference, I'd lean more of Fi... But people around me thought I have a preference in my thinking for Ti, and also on a Telegram group people told me I had Ti, so, I0m getting quite confused!
Thanks everyone :D

starryeyed

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you express your emotions/moods well?

When someone else is crying, do you feel compelled to do something about it, right then?

When you are stressed out do you turn paranoid and tactless or are you more sensitive & hypochondriacal?

If one of your values didn't make any logical sense, would you dismiss them?

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
Thanks a lot for the reply, I really mean it!

Do you express your emotions/moods well?

Yes, even if I have I tendency to hide them under the surface, I prefer a friendly and outgoing approach, but, when I'm in a bad mood, everyone notice it and I become irritable and aggressive :/
But sometimes I feel like I can't reach my emotions hidden deep within, since I bury them so much under the surface of reality and prefer to cope with them alone... And also, I rarely cry, it's hard as hell for me and it didn't happen in at least 6 years...

When someone else is crying, do you feel compelled to do something about it, right then?

I become quite embarassed because I really can't deal with it very much when I see people crying, I don't know how to cope... I feel compelled to help them solve their problems in some way, but, personally, I am not affected by it , I just feel the urge TO DO something to solve the situation and make the other one relax, especially if the person is close to me!

When you are stressed out do you turn paranoid and tactless or are you more sensitive & hypochondriacal?

Probably more sensitive and hypochondrial, of course I lash to other people involuntarily, but I am definitely stressed in that way

If one of your values didn't make any logical sense, would you dismiss them?

I don't know honestly, I've got some things that were teached to me and I adopted them and they definitely became part of myself, without them a part of my personality would be damaged and I would lie to myself, but they probably work and make sense in favour of a general goal; if I need to achieve it, I can definitely put some of those values aside to maximize the efficiency of the way to the objective, I'm not a guy who says "I won't do it because it's immoral", I mean, I want to hurt as less people as possible in the process, but I generally stick to my guns and favour efficiency and logic than morality, while keeping room for diplomacy and respect and no intent to harm anyone (except people dear to me) aside my competitors

(Sorry I editeb because I made a reading mistake)

thanks [MENTION=23802]starryeyed[/MENTION]

Last edited:

starryeyed

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks a lot for the reply, I really mean it!

Yes, even if I have I tendency to hide them under the surface, I prefer a friendly and outgoing approach, but, when I'm in a bad mood, everyone notice it and I become irritable and aggressive :/
But sometimes I feel like I can't reach my emotions hidden deep within, since I bury them so much under the surface of reality and prefer to cope with them alone... And also, I rarely cry, it's hard as hell for me and it didn't happen in at least 6 years...

I become quite embarassed because I really can't deal with it very much when I see people crying, I don't know how to cope... I feel compelled to help them solve their problems in some way, but, personally, I am not affected by it , I just feel the urge TO DO something to solve the situation and make the other one relax, especially if the person is close to me!

Probably more sensitive and hypochondrial, of course I lash to other people involuntarily, but I am definitely stressed in that way

I don't know honestly, I've got some things that were teached to me and I adopted them and they definitely became part of myself, without them a part of my personality would be damaged and I would lie to myself, but they probably work and make sense in favour of a general goal; if I need to achieve it, I can definitely put some of those values aside to maximize the efficiency of the way to the objective, I'm not a guy who says "I won't do it because it's immoral", I mean, I want to hurt as less people as possible in the process, but I generally stick to my guns and favour efficiency and logic than morality, while keeping room for diplomacy and respect and no intent to harm anyone (except people dear to me) aside my competitors

(Sorry I editeb because I made a reading mistake)

thanks [MENTION=23802]starryeyed[/MENTION]

I'm going to go ahead and say you are Fe/Ti. Fe users feel compelled to immediately DO SOMETHING/HELP when it comes to others' issues.

When Fi/Te is stressed, they become more paranoid so, this again tells me you're probably not a Fi user.

You do seem to value Ti/Fe over Te/Fi. However, if you are an extravert, your Ti is working at the mercy of your Se/Ne. If you are an introvert , (ISFJ/INFJ), Your Fe is working at the mercy of your Si or Ni. Most people don't get that part.

If you're ENFJ/ESFJ - The Ni/Si will huddle around the Fe & for ENTP/ESTP , the Ti won't be so pure either as it would with the INTP/ISTP.

You just have to narrow down which sensing & intuiting you value.

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
Thanks again [MENTION=23802]starryeyed[/MENTION], that was quite interesting!

I'm going to go ahead and say you are Fe/Ti. Fe users feel compelled to immediately DO SOMETHING/HELP when it comes to others' issues.

This part was kinda curious, I thought for sure that feeling compelled to DO something was more indicative of a T preference over F, not Ti/Fe, interesting!

When Fi/Te is stressed, they become more paranoid so, this again tells me you're probably not a Fi user.

Yeah I feel like I lose control of my mind and body when terribly stressed out, I feel trapped in the circumstances an on the moment it seems impossible for me to break out of it, I feel like I'm doomed and become terrified by my health and future, feeling everything as a personal threat, quite creepy

You do seem to value Ti/Fe over Te/Fi.

If you're ENFJ/ESFJ - The Ni/Si will huddle around the Fe & for ENTP/ESTP , the Ti won't be so pure either as it would with the INTP/ISTP.

You just have to narrow down which sensing & intuiting you value.

Thanks for making your point quite clear, I still need to understand my function preferences... I don't think I'm an Fe dominant, even if a friend of mine typed me as ENFJ curiously, probably because I like to take care of my friends, but I don't think I have that incredible manipulative capacity of Fe doms or feel that amazing empathy of them, I generally take my distance when dealing with people issues, sometimes I just follow my impulse and get worked up for nothing like I was at their place, carrying their burdens and frustration with me, but, usually, I keep a level head and an objective approach like "how can we deal with this? what's the best course of action and solution to solve this situation for you?" without being swayed by emotions
I don't know if that means something in MBTI terms, maybe if you can ask some more specific questions I'd be grateful!
I kind feel stuck between my T or F preference, because I know 2 ENTPs IRL and I definitely don't have that detachment they have from people, favouring "Logic and objectivity", in fact I generally act as a counselor for people around me aside our level of knowledge of each other, but I don't know if I have that amazing empathy as your average high Fe users! That's what made me doubt everything so far about my typings
I'm not even sure if I am an introvert or an extrovert... xD
Thanks a lot for the replies, it was really interesting

starryeyed

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
T functions aren't directed at helping others out of feelings or ethics. T functions are geared towards a system working. This isn't to say Ts don't help people but the T function has to come first. Fe users are compelled to help people immediately. Fe is an extensive function, it goes outward & is in the moment.

Thanks again [MENTION=23802]starryeyed[/MENTION], that was quite interesting!

This part was kinda curious, I thought for sure that feeling compelled to DO something was more indicative of a T preference over F, not Ti/Fe, interesting!

Yeah I feel like I lose control of my mind and body when terribly stressed out, I feel trapped in the circumstances an on the moment it seems impossible for me to break out of it, I feel like I'm doomed and become terrified by my health and future, feeling everything as a personal threat, quite creepy

Thanks for making your point quite clear, I still need to understand my function preferences... I don't think I'm an Fe dominant, even if a friend of mine typed me as ENFJ curiously, probably because I like to take care of my friends, but I don't think I have that incredible manipulative capacity of Fe doms or feel that amazing empathy of them, I generally take my distance when dealing with people issues, sometimes I just follow my impulse and get worked up for nothing like I was at their place, carrying their burdens and frustration with me, but, usually, I keep a level head and an objective approach like "how can we deal with this? what's the best course of action and solution to solve this situation for you?" without being swayed by emotions
I don't know if that means something in MBTI terms, maybe if you can ask some more specific questions I'd be grateful!
I kind feel stuck between my T or F preference, because I know 2 ENTPs IRL and I definitely don't have that detachment they have from people, favouring "Logic and objectivity", in fact I generally act as a counselor for people around me aside our level of knowledge of each other, but I don't know if I have that amazing empathy as your average high Fe users! That's what made me doubt everything so far about my typings
I'm not even sure if I am an introvert or an extrovert... xD
Thanks a lot for the replies, it was really interesting

Okay, here are more questions.

1.) Are you resistant to change or do you invite it?
2.) Do you read between the lines of what is said and do you sometimes predict future events?
3.) Do you treat people based on the "vibe" they give off or do you treat people according to a set of ethics?
4.) What are things you absolutely can't stand?
5.) What are things you like about life? (Including people?)
6.) If a group of people were celebrating and happy over something that made no sense, would you be compelled to point out to them it made no sense, or would you just let them celebrate in peace?

7.) On a regular basis, what is your energy spent on?

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
1.) Are you resistant to change or do you invite it?
I enjoy novelty and new experiences and I am quite adaptable, I find them the best way to learn and have some variety in my life, but I won't say I actively work for it
2.) Do you read between the lines of what is said and do you sometimes predict future events?
Yes, definitely, I have a tendency to discern and try to guess underlying meanings in what is said to me and seize people up
3.) Do you treat people based on the "vibe" they give off or do you treat people according to a set of ethics?
A mixture of both, I really trust strongly in my impressions and feelings I have with people, and usually, in some way, It turns out true, but I always try to do good things for them and always give them respect they deserve!
4.) What are things you absolutely can't stand?
People disrespectful of others and with an opportunist attitude, using others just as a mean to what they really want to gain; people who just abuse their position of power; people who don't consider others'feelings and deliberately hurt them
5.) What are things you like about life? (Including people?)
Nature, music, getting to know others and form bonds with them, I enjoy meeting new people , especially if we have the potential to build a strong connection and a good relation! I love animals and making new experiences in my life to grow up
6.) If a group of people were celebrating and happy over something that made no sense, would you be compelled to point out to them it made no sense, or would you just let them celebrate in peace?
I'll let them celebrate! They are having a good time, why should I interrupt them? Anyway, I'll eventually point out if asked to join in or put in a spot where I have to explain my position, but I won't do it in purpose :D
7.) On a regular basis, what is your energy spent on?
Probably my hobbies and pastimes, I like to chill out and have a peace of mind, or, while I was working, I gave everything to my job, all of this followed by investing my energies on people I care :)
Thanks for everything @starryeyed, you helped me a lot !

starryeyed

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I enjoy novelty and new experiences and I am quite adaptable, I find them the best way to learn and have some variety in my life, but I won't say I actively work for it

Se/Ne lower in the stack, here. It's not dominant, anyways.

Yes, definitely, I have a tendency to discern and try to guess underlying meanings in what is said to me and seize people up.

Seems like Ni..

A mixture of both, I really trust strongly in my impressions and feelings I have with people, and usually, in some way, It turns out true, but I always try to do good things for them and always give them respect they deserve!

1.) Do you actively guess or does it just come to you?
2.) Let's say you just met someone, are you getting a "vibe" from them due to the things they say or are you just getting a vibe for unknown reasons?

People disrespectful of others and with an opportunist attitude, using others just as a mean to what they really want to gain; people who just abuse their position of power; people who don't consider others' feelings and deliberately hurt them

1.) Fe or Fi. I'm gonna go with Fe because of the objectivity in your speech.
2.) Devaluing extreme cases of Ne here, (hating the opportunist).
3.) Devaluing extreme Te users (those who abuse their power)

Nature, music, getting to know others and form bonds with them, I enjoy meeting new people , especially if we have the potential to build a strong connection and a good relation! I love animals and making new experiences in my life to grow up.

1.) Se - Nature, music
2. Fi/Ne - Enjoying meeting new people, especially if you have potential to build a strong connection and a good relation.
3. Se/Ne

I'll let them celebrate! They are having a good time, why should I interrupt them? Anyway, I'll eventually point out if asked to join in or put in a spot where I have to explain my position, but I won't do it in purpose :D

1. Why would you/wouldn't you join in?

Probably my hobbies and pastimes, I like to chill out and have a peace of mind, or, while I was working, I gave everything to my job, all of this followed by investing my energies on people I care :)

1.) Lower Se, or Si...(I like to chill out, have a peace of mind.)
2.) Fe or Fi...(caring for those you love)

Thanks for everything @starryeyed, you helped me a lot !

You're welcome! You're a tricky one & it's hard to type people online but I'm starting to get some opinions of your type in mind.... I just want to see answers to a few more questions...Sorry if it's taking forever..

I am thinking you are an SP or an NJ..but more answers, plz. Of

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
You're welcome! You're a tricky one & it's hard to type people online but I'm starting to get some opinions of your type in mind.... I just want to see answers to a few more questions...Sorry if it's taking forever..

I agree with you [MENTION=23802]starryeyed[/MENTION] , it' really hard to type people online mostly because the entire body-expressions part is missing and you cannot see them act naturally, after all we all use a kind of online persona! And no problem, I love your questions and enjoy taking kind of questionnaires! You're giving me a big hand , Here I go:

1.) Do you actively guess or does it just come to you?
You mean, if I take the information at hand from that person and form a guess or if it just come to me? I'd say the first, I seize people up based on the information they give to me (body language, expression style, intonation and things like this that form a kind of portrait of that kind of person in my mind)

2.) Let's say you just met someone, are you getting a "vibe" from them due to the things they say or are you just getting a vibe for unknown reasons?
Don't know, is kinda unconscious, if I am to guess the process, I try to associate what they say to the circumstances it is happening/it happened, rather than simply take it at face value; I won't say I read too much between the lines, but I think those vibes definitely depend on my available information I get from that person at the moment and it forms, unconsciously, an impression of what type of person could it be! But it definitely depends on what I experience with them! I don't know if it was clear :p

1. Why would you/wouldn't you join in?
It depends: I'd gladly join in if invited for some motive or if they are people I know directly and I happen to meet them casually, but usually I don't like to intrude in others' groups if those are people I don't know, since it could be quite embarassing because I really don't belong with them...
About the "they have fun for a thing that doesn't make sense", I really don't care if it makes sense or not, I would have fun too participating in it if invited by them, or if my group happens to have fun talking about a random topic that really doesn't make sense to me! I'd probably end up adapting to the group surroundings and have fun too while exposing my position and talking about it, but all of this while following the emotional "setting" the group has and keeping it cool and fun while joking around and exposing my points of view, I'd say!

Sorry for my English, is not my native language and ATM I'm quite tired, hope everything makes sense here! If you need to ask me everything else I'd be glad to read about it, don't hold back! Thanks again