User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    6

    Question My MBTI/Socionics type? (tests give me INxx)

    I think i'm either INTP or INFJ, as that's what most tests give me, and the function stack descriptions fit me pretty well for both. Socionics tests give me either LII or IEI, which, afaik, correlates with mbti.

    I'm intersted in philosophy, especially metaphysics and epistemology

    Other interests include music, history, theology, videogames and literature

    I reason and reflect by observing my own thoughts form, and relate my perspective to a parameter of objective truth to deduct whether or not something is knowable or not

    I am a very ''big picture'' thinker, who thinks in very abstract terms - that is to say, my thoughts form as weird ''sensations'' and feelings in my brain, which i analyse and observe

    I am very precise in my argumentation, and often speak in allegories and metaphors to get my point across

    Even though i am precise, my sentences and arguments often have a paradoxical nature, as if i'm speaking of something ineffable

    I treat knowledge with a very distanced perspective, as i don't trust human reasoning and find it ultimately subjective and unable to know the true essence of the world and reality

    I hate faulty reasoning or illogical thinking

    When i'm under stress, i tend to feel very emotionally vulnerable, and seek inwards for comfort - listening to my favourite music or reading my favourite books

    Also when i'm under stress, i feel extremely lonely and alienated, and wish for someone to comfort me and understand me

    I've always been extremely weird and eccentric, unaware of others thoughts about me

    When i find interest in a subject, i devote myself completely to it and seek out every bit of thought about a given subject, i tend to do this by reading threads on the internet and forming my own understanding of the subject while i'm reading

    I need alone time, and i'm often exhausted and annoyed with other people for extended periods

    When i'm with people i know well, i open up and become lighthearted and fun, but still focused on theoretical discussions, otherwise i'm really shy

    I like analysing people and figure out how they work, and how they think

    I feel very emotionally involved in problems of a philosophical nature, and beautifully written philosophical poetry can make me cry

    I'm generally very awkward socially, but i have an intense need to be accepted by my peers, even though i am intensely individualistic - i love being approached by people who genuinely want something to do with me

    Which type do you think i am? Open to any suggestions! Feel free to ask me anything about myself to help determine my type

  2. #2
    Blue Eagles Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,878

    Default

    Just going to put in an attempt here.
    INTP and INFJ both have Ti-Fe, and the way you described things sound Ti and Fe.

    Feeling lonely and alienated and wishing for comfort sounds Fe, as well as the interest in psychology and how people think (though higher Fe would be more attuned to what others feel, but still, being more people-oriented is a Fe thing) and the social aloofness and emotional vulnerability (inability to control or recognize how you are feeling, perhaps?) and need to be accepted, but as who you are (so, without compromising your original thoughts) can be indicative of it being a little lower in your stack.

    - I am very precise in my argumentation, and often speak in allegories and metaphors to get my point across
    - Even though i am precise, my sentences and arguments often have a paradoxical nature, as if i'm speaking of something ineffable
    - I treat knowledge with a very distanced perspective, as i don't trust human reasoning and find it ultimately subjective and unable to know the true essence of the world and reality
    - I hate faulty reasoning or illogical thinking
    Your T sounds like Ti, which prefers logical accuracy over efficiency in its implementation.
    At this point, I'm pretty sure you're Ti-Fe over being Fe-Ti.


    Your test results and personal preference of solitude sounds I, and you're an abstract thinker so that gives INTP.
    Try cross check and look up if you fit aux Ne and tert Si (INTP) more than dom Ni and inferior Se.

    Inferior Fe would tend to explode in emotions under stress, Inferior Se would tend to become reckless and impulsive.
    Dom Ni would see first what can be done with new information, they stress more highly on what can be done with it.
    Dom Ti would be more inclined to double-checking the accuracy of information, regardless on whether it can/will be implemented.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sterres View Post
    Just going to put in an attempt here.
    INTP and INFJ both have Ti-Fe, and the way you described things sound Ti and Fe.

    Feeling lonely and alienated and wishing for comfort sounds Fe, as well as the interest in psychology and how people think (though higher Fe would be more attuned to what others feel, but still, being more people-oriented is a Fe thing) and the social aloofness and emotional vulnerability (inability to control or recognize how you are feeling, perhaps?) and need to be accepted, but as who you are (so, without compromising your original thoughts) can be indicative of it being a little lower in your stack.



    Your T sounds like Ti, which prefers logical accuracy over efficiency in its implementation.
    At this point, I'm pretty sure you're Ti-Fe over being Fe-Ti.


    Your test results and personal preference of solitude sounds I, and you're an abstract thinker so that gives INTP.
    Try cross check and look up if you fit aux Ne and tert Si (INTP) more than dom Ni and inferior Se.

    Inferior Fe would tend to explode in emotions under stress, Inferior Se would tend to become reckless and impulsive.
    Dom Ni would see first what can be done with new information, they stress more highly on what can be done with it.
    Dom Ti would be more inclined to double-checking the accuracy of information, regardless on whether it can/will be implemented.
    Many thanks! Using your quote as a parameter, i clearly use Ti over Ni. I have heard that Ti+Ne can be similar to Ni, is this true? Thanks again for the concise answer!

  4. #4
    Blue Eagles Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rube View Post
    Many thanks! Using your quote as a parameter, i clearly use Ti over Ni. I have heard that Ti+Ne can be similar to Ni, is this true? Thanks again for the concise answer!
    I can immediately mention two of my friends who are INTP and come across as J.
    I haven't looked into Ti+Ne much, but based on my experiences;

    I'm particularly J, so when I talk to those two, they happen to be INTP who are particularly interested in seeing how their theories and ideas work in practical applications. They say that it helps them analyze things and the truth of what they see, and gives them more information. They are incredible sounding boards and idea generations, in their fields of expertise, I find that all we need to do is pick out and filter what we need from their incredible encyclopedic minds. But there is one biggest distinction I've noticed between INP and INJ;

    When I (an INJ) plan, they tend to be able to point out the the inflexibility of my plans, they can spout out 9283742834 more ideas and situations in which my plans can be used, even if they are extremely theoretical. Their Ti is knife-sharp at picking up logical inconsistencies, coupled by their Ne which explodes into a giant variety of branching thoughts of what could be and how they are related.

    But the same time, they are very flighty. Sometimes they will go off topic, because their minds are busy generating all sorts of theories and possibilities, and they are all tied to each other, but not in a 'what can I use this for?' way. Ask them to organize, categorize their ideas specifically for implementation, and I find that they fall short, or sometimes downright are too lazy to, loving knowledge for the sake of knowledge, but it's exactly due to how accurate they are that they come across as Ni at times, being able to point out flaws in plans and spout out a lot of extremely helpful, theoretically accurate countermeasures. After all, Ne spouts out all sorts of possibilities. It looks like planning, which is correlated to J/Ni.

    That's not to say all INP are the same/are that way. But most the ones I've seen are that way (especially these two friends).
    Basically, try differentiate if you use Ti (knowledge for the sake of knowledge) or Te (applicable logic), I find it easier to distinguish than Ni/Ne in daily situations (since the T/F letter corresponds to how you make judgments).



    Also I forgot to clarify, Ni (dom) on its own is the function of generating ideas. But based on MBTI, Ni dom would be paired with an aux Te or Fe and have Se in their stack, which gives Ni dom users more motivation to be able to apply their information, and based on my experiences with them (as well as my own), we tend to dislike things which are only theoretical. An INJ might end up asking, "Yes, you are absolutely correct, but can these work?"

    It's often a what is correct vs what works thing, and they like asking for third party input in putting some structure to their thoughts and transform it into something which can be implemented (which my friends also rely on me for).
    INJs tend to have a love for things which are more applicable, imo. So try ask yourself that 'what is correct' vs 'what works' question.

    Also, small disclaimer: I've only casually studied MBTI for a year. Keep learning, keep researching. Typing one's self is a journey of self discovery, and does not happen overnight
    I just realized what a giant wordvomit this is. My apologies.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thank you! This stands so much clearer to me now! I do have one question though, how do i determine if i am INTP/LII or INFP/EII?

    The reason i ask this is because i am very focused on myself and self-development. My ultimate ''goal'' in life is inner peace, or a flow with which i can accept and adapt to the world in me and around me. Some people tell me this is very Fi, but other aspects of Fi, such as not valuing logic, don't seem to match me. How do i know?

  6. #6
    Blue Eagles Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rube View Post
    Thank you! This stands so much clearer to me now! I do have one question though, how do i determine if i am INTP/LII or INFP/EII?

    The reason i ask this is because i am very focused on myself and self-development. My ultimate ''goal'' in life is inner peace, or a flow with which i can accept and adapt to the world in me and around me. Some people tell me this is very Fi, but other aspects of Fi, such as not valuing logic, don't seem to match me. How do i know?
    ??? I have no idea why people would strictly correlate any type or function with self-development, though 'inner peace' seems to be a generally NF thing. I see NTs use words more like 'security' or 'capability'. At least, that is what gives them inner peace.
    Also, F and T does not necessarily dictate whether or not someone is logical, or values logic. It simply states what they prefer, just like how T does not mean that individual cannot be emotional, or do emotion-related things, or hate emotions.

    It might be clearer if you know why you have that specific goal in mind. What are you afraid of? What do you avoid?
    What aspects do you want to be able to accept from your surroundings?
    Are you more afraid of being amoral or not authentic to yourself as a person/fake (Fi), or more afraid of being closed-minded to new theories and ideas (Ti)?
    Ti and Fi can be very original for different reasons.
    Ti is much more analytical and is attracted to systems, whereas Fi tends to me more attracted to personal values and how one values something. Do you focus on how things work in a system, or how things make you feel and how others may relate to your experiences?



    Also, please don't thank me. I'm new to this myself (especially with Socionics) and could very well be wrong, especially because I'm purely going off a few traits you've mentioned here, online.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Well, to me, being open to new ideas and theories is one of the most important parts of me. I am always thinkinh in abstractions and distancing myself from things to observe them and analyse them. On the other hand, i value authenticity a great deal, and i feel bad when i act out of tune with my moral code. I seek ''inner peace'' because i can feel out of touch with the world and myself, and i need some grounding, which lets me keep my calm and accept changes and the world. I'm searching for a kind of ''flow'', where i accept without judging. I can be very judgmental, and can sometimes think i'm better or deeper than others. Since i focus on very abstract things and metaphysical questions, i tend to question my own objectivity and thinking ability, because most of what i think about can't be ''solved'' with logic, as logic is, in itself, a subjective system developed by humans. I value authenticity as an animal is authentic. They don't delude themselves with standards or rules or systems, they just are.

  8. #8
    Blue Eagles Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rube View Post
    I can be very judgmental, and can sometimes think i'm better or deeper than others.
    1) Do you tend to think you're more intellectual than others, or more wise and benevolent than others?
    2) What do you think of structured environments and social demands? Do you think it helps more or harms more, and why?
    3) Which one resonates more with you, 'This is right and I have no idea why more people can't see why', or 'This is what is right to me, and others have their own sets of unique values and experiences which make them who they are and it's something I cannot change, or might not be able to understand'?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sterres View Post
    1) Do you tend to think you're more intellectual than others, or more wise and benevolent than others?
    2) What do you think of structured environments and social demands? Do you think it helps more or harms more, and why?
    3) Which one resonates more with you, 'This is right and I have no idea why more people can't see why', or 'This is what is right to me, and others have their own sets of unique values and experiences which make them who they are and it's something I cannot change, or might not be able to understand'?
    1. Certainly not more benevolent, but i tend to think i'm wiser AND more intellectual. That i am a deeper thinker.
    2. I think both lies in our biological makeup, but both things are unnecessarily forced in our society. I dislike both authority and social demands in our society, it feels forced and counterproductive. I can feel disillusioned and saddened by people who run around and believe in everything they're told, without being critical or thinking for themselves in any way what so ever. Structure and social demands are inherent in mammals, though. I have always been bad at both doing my tasks and being useful, because i would just sit with my own thoughts, but i have also always been bad at being in a social setting, even though i wish to be accepted.
    3. I resonate more with 'This is what is right to me, and others have their own sets of unique values and experiences which make them who they are and it's something I cannot change, or might not be able to understand', but i still think my way of thinking is more important. And i also do belive in objective reality, even though we might not be able to understand it.

  10. #10
    Blue Eagles Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    648 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,878

    Default

    1) Sounds Ti, though Fi can be just as intellectually curious. Both are deep thinkers, but Ti would be less concerned with whether or not their actions are kind than if they are logically consistent (make no mistake, Fi are also consistent in their values).
    2) 'Biological makeup'- what a Ti way of saying it Everything that you say can be indicative of Ti or Fi both, but Ti is much more concerned with critical thinking and intellectual freedom, while Fi is more concerned with freedom of expression and personal identity.
    3) #3 is actually kind of foggy. It sounds like an accepting, open-minded Ti or a Fi. And both value their ways of thinking/personal values more.

    By saying 'objective reality', you're acknowledging that everyone has their own way of interpreting things?

Similar Threads

  1. [Gamma] is it normal to have a different MBTI/ socionic type?
    By teothebest in forum Socionics
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 11-20-2020, 12:23 PM
  2. Socionics Type Test
    By highlander in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-28-2020, 06:45 AM
  3. Please, help me deciding my MBTI personality type!
    By Charus in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-28-2017, 04:14 PM
  4. What's my MBTI/Enneagram type?
    By JaredB in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
  5. Finding my mothers socionics type
    By Unique in forum Socionics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 07:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO