• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Hell...what type am I REALLY??

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excellent! Thank you. I appreciate the input.

I tend to go by a lot more than statistics. A lot of tests are leaning in one direction or other, as in I can feel what the answer should be to get a certain result. I feel like that skews some results. Some tests use words like always or never, which changes my response. Some are based on what you have had success with rather than what you feel you prefer to do. So a lot of the tests come out with answers or results I feel arent really true to type.

So I take the statistics and come up with probabilities, then weigh them against how I feel about the descriptions and how well they match what I feel my behavioral tendencies are.

Does that hat make sense?

Statistically I am definitely ENFP. And I may very well be. I'm just not sure. I like to keep my options open. I feel like as long as I'm learning, I'm discovering more things that apply from all the types and that don't apply.

There is both the behavioral and the cognitive context to consider. Those are very different things because a person can think one way and then behave another way. I'm an introvert with an extroverted soul.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is both the behavioral and the cognitive context to consider. Those are very different things because a person can think one way and then behave another way. I'm an introvert with an extroverted soul.

Very true. I have several family members who are very social, initiate interaction and function in a manner that would indicate to others that they are extroverted, but if you ask them they will tell you they identify as introverts. They need alone time to recharge, get drained with too many social functions, etc.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do have a hard time identifying with ESFJ. I'm not popular. I don't follow the rules, and certainly don't enforce them. I'm not much concerned with my outward appearance and don't seek public recognition or glory. I don't avoid conflict (though I don't seek it out). I'm not a peacemaker by most standards, although I do try to make sure everyone can see the situation for the other person's perspective.

But the other social aspects of ESFJ do resonate with me, and it's possible others see me in ways I don't see myself. I can be a bit bossy. Others may see me as popular. Who knows? :shrug:

we are all mad here

Enneagram
6w5
I do have a hard time identifying with ESFJ. I'm not popular. I don't follow the rules, and certainly don't enforce them. I'm not much concerned with my outward appearance and don't seek public recognition or glory. I don't avoid conflict (though I don't seek it out). I'm not a peacemaker by most standards, although I do try to make sure everyone can see the situation for the other person's perspective.

Those are ESFJ stereotypes, not actual cognitive functions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very true. I have several family members who are very social, initiate interaction and function in a manner that would indicate to others that they are extroverted, but if you ask them they will tell you they identify as introverts. They need alone time to recharge, get drained with too many social functions, etc.

Social interactions drain everybody of energy. It's just a question of how much social interaction is required.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought I was 7w8 simply because I scored higher on 8 than 6, but after reading, I'm 7w6 for sure. And I now think my tritype is 721.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're ENFP and ESFJ, in that order. Your enneagram sub-wing is 6w7. You may be playful and creative at times, and a bit of an emotional chameleon; and at other times, more serious and responsible.

You are more correct than I realized. The more I read, the more I know.

I'm now thinking ENFP, 7w6 sx (721).

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am tempted to give you ESFP because I would totally name a thread "MBTI Hell".