• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Hell...what type am I REALLY??

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I appreciate all the feedback. I'm really at a loss. Like I said, the more I research the less I understand about myself.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I decided to take the tests linked on this site. My results are below:

Keirsey Jung: Idealist/ENFJ. Fe>Ni>Ne>Te=Fi=Se>Ti>Si

---

Dario Nardi: ESFP, or if that doesn't fit, ISFP or ENFP.
The problem I had taking this test is that it asked to mark things you had success with rather than how you prefer to operate. I can successfully use logic. I can successfully work with numbers and quantitative data. I can successfully analyze things and have done so many times. I didn't give myself above a 3 on anything I don't normally prefer to do, even if I'd had good success at it.

---

Most tests that I take type me as ENFP.

---

I typed ENFx with the official test 25 years ago.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I went to the thread that you use when you're second-guessing your type. From this I determined I am definitely an extrovert. LOL this was never in question. I also determined I am definitely temperament idealist/catalyst, which is hard because that includes both the ENFJ & ENFP. I cannot figure out if I am a director or informer.. I believe I am an informer, but I could be the other and not realize it. I can be kind of bossy, but I'm also good at phrasing things in a way that motivate others to want to do their part. Does that make sense?

Gone

I haven't read your questionnaires yet, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I think you're getting inaccurate input on Fe vs Fi in this thread. ENFPs don't like to look illogical/wrong in front of others. Having tertiary Te means that they often like to "think out loud" to process their thoughts. When combined with an appearance of self-doubt or emotionality, people love to scream "Fe," although that may not be correct. Also, having PoLR Ti means that they don't really have an internally consistent logical process. They might be confident on the logic about their self-typing one day, and then a week later proclaim confidently to see things a totally different way. If called out on it, they'll likely be a little embarrassed about looking flakey or "stupid." Their minds can easily see different possibilities for one truth, so it can be hard for them to settle on a type. An unhealthy ENFP, particularly an image type (2, 3, 4), may be more actively defensive/openly emotional about how they see themselves in a moment. And ENFPs are actually prone to moments of over-sharing followed by a feeling of "maybe I shouldn't have shared that." It doesn't mean they prefer Fe.

Yeah but that's not a killer argument for ENFP either. A strong dislike to looking illogical/wrong in front of others is not an ENFP only thing. No one likes looking dumb, including Fe doms. The cause may be different, but the result is the same. (Feel free to correct me if you've got a reallife example that proves me wrong)
But yeah. I've had an ESFJ ragequitting our shared project in college and not talking to me for weeks because she interpreted one of my self-deprecating jokes as me implying she was stupid (which I wasn't) :shrug:

Gone

So. Having finally read everything, this is what I was able to get from it:

1. .... you're an overachiever :laugh:
2. You're a 7 poster child.
3. I think I understand why your friends say they tire just by watching you :D
4. I wanna discuss midichlorians with you.
5. Your type is REALLY hard to pin down. I have NO idea what your inferior function could be, usually that one is painfully obvious. I see more Fe than Fi (or maybe it is like Peter said and it just looks Fe), more Ne than Ni, I see no Te but some signs of Ti, and didn't notice anything particular about the sensing functions. Maybe low Si. Which... doesn't help in any way. I'm sorry.

Have you ever considered ESFJ/ENTP?

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So. Having finally read everything, this is what I was able to get from it:

1. .... you're an overachiever :laugh:
2. You're a 7 poster child.
3. I think I understand why your friends say they tire just by watching you :D
4. I wanna discuss midichlorians with you.
5. Your type is REALLY hard to pin down. I have NO idea what your inferior function could be, usually that one is painfully obvious. I see more Fe than Fi (or maybe it is like Peter said and it just looks Fe), more Ne than Ni, I see no Te but some signs of Ti, and didn't notice anything particular about the sensing functions. Maybe low Si. Which... doesn't help in any way. I'm sorry.

1) Definitely, when I'm motivated
2) For sure!
3) And yes
4) We totally should! Did you see the movie last night?
5) And I know!!! That's why I started this thread.

I've been reading tons of stuff and have considered many types. There are things I relate to with most E types, and things that I shake my head on as well. Like I said, I'm an enigma.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I took several socionics tests today and seem to be testing very IEE.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

ENTP is a definite possibility. I can make a case for how I could be any Extroverted personality type, which in and of itself seems very ENTP.

I originally had a knee-jerk rejection of the idea, because I don't ALWAYS enjoy playing devil's advocate or debating an issue. However, when it's done in the right spirit, I love it. I can easily see things from all sides. Friends would often call me just to help them justify something they wanted to do but knew they shouldn't, like skip a class or put off an important task. I can find a legitimate reason for just about any behavior. I often avoid debate because it puts so many people off, and I don't enjoy conflict other than in the right atmosphere.

The other descriptions sound so very much like me. "An odd juxtaposition arises with ENTPs, as they are uncompromisingly honest, but will argue tirelessly for something they don’t actually believe in, stepping into another’s shoes to argue a truth from another perspective." This is me.

And the bit about rules. Seriously. Someone asked my mom if I was a rule-follower or a rule-breaker. Her response? "She makes her own rules. Always has." If a rule makes sense to me, I become its biggest supporter/enforcer. If a rule doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't exist to me. There are ways to circumvent it and stay within legal bounds. I'm not always a rebel or the underdog, but it does bring something out in me.

And I am practically the poster child for the concept of coming up with ideas and planning them, but needing someone else to do the grunt work. I don't do grunt work unless I cannot avoid it. I even mentioned in the questionnaires that I need a personal assistant to put all my pieces together.

---
ESFJ is more off-putting to me. I've never been popular with the general population. Within my circles, I'm very popular. I don't mind the spotlight, but don't care for public recognition. I appreciate beauty and fashion, but don't focus on it for myself.

It also doesn't fit as I'm not so much a rule-follower. I have a personal ethical standard, but not all rules are necessary, in my opinion. I also tend to stay out of other people's business. Live and let live. I'm not big on standing judge over another.

I do love to be of service, but so do other types.

I am mostly conflict-adverse and the social aspects of ESFJ do seem to fit me better than some other types.

Metis

ENTP is a definite possibility. I can make a case for how I could be any Extroverted personality type, which in and of itself seems very ENTP.

I originally had a knee-jerk rejection of the idea, because I don't ALWAYS enjoy playing devil's advocate or debating an issue. However, when it's done in the right spirit, I love it. I can easily see things from all sides. Friends would often call me just to help them justify something they wanted to do but knew they shouldn't, like skip a class or put off an important task. I can find a legitimate reason for just about any behavior. I often avoid debate because it puts so many people off, and I don't enjoy conflict other than in the right atmosphere.

The other descriptions sound so very much like me. "An odd juxtaposition arises with ENTPs, as they are uncompromisingly honest, but will argue tirelessly for something they don’t actually believe in, stepping into another’s shoes to argue a truth from another perspective." This is me.

And the bit about rules. Seriously. Someone asked my mom if I was a rule-follower or a rule-breaker. Her response? "She makes her own rules. Always has." If a rule makes sense to me, I become its biggest supporter/enforcer. If a rule doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't exist to me. There are ways to circumvent it and stay within legal bounds. I'm not always a rebel or the underdog, but it does bring something out in me.

And I am practically the poster child for the concept of coming up with ideas and planning them, but needing someone else to do the grunt work. I don't do grunt work unless I cannot avoid it. I even mentioned in the questionnaires that I need a personal assistant to put all my pieces together.

I think you seem like an ENTP from the way you communicate.

Gone

---
ESFJ is more off-putting to me. I've never been popular with the general population. Within my circles, I'm very popular. I don't mind the spotlight, but don't care for public recognition. I appreciate beauty and fashion, but don't focus on it for myself.

It also doesn't fit as I'm not so much a rule-follower. I have a personal ethical standard, but not all rules are necessary, in my opinion. I also tend to stay out of other people's business. Live and let live. I'm not big on standing judge over another.

I do love to be of service, but so do other types.

I am mostly conflict-adverse and the social aspects of ESFJ do seem to fit me better than some other types.

Well after reading this I'm jumping on the ENTP train. For now. Choo choo!

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get a lot of ENTP vibes personally. I'm no expert, but it was my initial thought. I find that I often laser in on Ne. I don't know why, but there's just this certain communication style when one uses it. I can't really explain it. For instance, I was once sitting through the first lecture of the semester and pretty early in I just thought "This professor has to be using Ne." That perception hadn't changed. Then again, I don't claim to be any sort of authority on typing. I could barely figure out my own type.
Though I could also see ENFP. But I definitely feel like you use Ne.
Sometimes ENPs can look similar. The stereotypes of the two are rather different. But the reality is they can be quite similar.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always felt that the primary reason I tend to test as ENFP is because I struggle with ADHD. The easy distractedness then hyperfocus when stimulated...the easy boredom with routine... But if you take that out, I think I'm more ENTP or ENFJ who just happens to struggle with ADHD. ARGH, the abbreviations! :D

I'm not saying everyone who is ENFP acts like someone with ADHD, but I do feel like my ADHD could contribute to the reason why on so many tests I present as ENFP.

I am still on the fence, myself, with whether I am ENFP, ENTP or ENFJ. I do test really high in Fe and Ni, as well as Ne. :cry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can anyone with more experience, knowledge, etc please help me?

Back in college, I took a psychology class about personalities. We were all administered the MBTI by a professional. I tested as ENFx, and he said I was most likely ENFJ.

Since that time, I've taken countless MBTI test and have always presented as ENFP. I just figured he was wrong in his assessment. So many online tests can't be wrong, can they? :shrug:

Fast forward 20 years. I was active in an MBTI Facebook group. Someone posted a "fun" thread where people posted a picture of themselves to let others guess what type they were based on the photo. I was skeptical, as I think it would be nearly impossible to type someone based on a single photo. I posted a goofy pic and the person came back and said I was definitely either ESFJ or ENFJ. I giggled and said no, thinking I was being reasonable. I ended up being really offended by the OP's manner. She was very condescending with her comments. I told her she was wrong and she told me she was so sorry that I had mistyped myself for so long. At one point she said, "Oh God, please don't tell me you identify as ENFP?!" I starting posting very defensively. She had hurt my feelings and I didn't know how to react other than to point out that she didn't even know me and was basing her opinion of very limited information. Instead of agreeing with me, everyone else who saw the post agreed with her. One comment I remember was, "This is the most Fe defense I've ever heard in my life!" I actually sat in my computer chair and cried. It's difficult to admit that out loud, but she really got to me. I deleted the photo and all the comments I had made, and subsequently left the group. I was so humiliated, and partly because I suspected she was right and didn't know how to proceed.

I started doing more research into dominant types. I tested and, again, got ENFP...but I noticed the E and F scores were really high. Like VERY high. The N and P scores were much lower. I took some tests on cognitive functions and came to realize my Fe is really high. So I began to believe I was ENFJ, like the personality-professional-psychologist guy had told me ages ago.

Then I discovered Socionics. And tested IEE. I rolled my eyes, assuming it was typing me wrong just like the MBTI. So I looked at which type seemed to correspond with what I thought was my MBTI, but it didn't sound right until I added the subtype. I thought I was EIE - Ni.

I took some more tests after I found this forum, and it has me questioning everything. One of the tests typed me as ESFP (MBTI)

I know I'm weird and a bit of an enigma. I don't think there is one type that fits me perfectly. Some aspects of every type resonate with me. This is normal. I just hate not being able to figure out what I am.

Enneagram is easier for me, since it mostly comes down to what motivates me. I know that better than anyone. I'm definitely 7w8, although I also have a bit of the 6 wing as well. 3w2 resonated with me as well, though I don't think it's my primary type.

You're ENFP and ESFJ, in that order. Your enneagram sub-wing is 6w7. You may be playful and creative at times, and a bit of an emotional chameleon; and at other times, more serious and responsible.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're ENFP and ESFJ, in that order. Your enneagram sub-wing is 6w7. You may be playful and creative at times, and a bit of an emotional chameleon; and at other times, more serious and responsible.

I'd be interested to know what made you choose ESFJ. I don't have a problem with it, I just want to know what made you arrive at that decision.

I've been doing some deeper research into the cognitive functions. I actually think I'm ENTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be interested to know what made you choose ESFJ. I don't have a problem with it, I just want to know what made you arrive at that decision.

I've been doing some deeper research into the cognitive functions. I actually think I'm ENTP.

Then there's no point in me continuing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not? I'm not being argumentative or assuming I'm correct, I just wanna understand your reasoning.

It sounds like you've made up your mind. My reasoning is based on the test scores. You've reported a lot of tests, including some enneagram, and I'm averaging them out statistically.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Honestly, this is the sort of thing that bugs me. I made a public post in a public forum asking for feedback. I am clearly open to suggestions. I'm not closed off. I do not already have my mind made up.

You come in and definitively say I am XXXX without any information as to why you believe that to be true. When I ask about it, you say that there's no sense in you even explaining. Insinuating that I don't want to hear what you have to say. That couldn't be further from the truth. I asked because I want to know.

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds like you've made up your mind. My reasoning is based on the test scores. You've reported a lot of tests, including some enneagram, and I'm averaging them out statistically.
I made my last post before I saw your post, so forgive me.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Excellent! Thank you. I appreciate the input.

I tend to go by a lot more than statistics. A lot of tests are leaning in one direction or other, as in I can feel what the answer should be to get a certain result. I feel like that skews some results. Some tests use words like always or never, which changes my response. Some are based on what you have had success with rather than what you feel you prefer to do. So a lot of the tests come out with answers or results I feel arent really true to type.

So I take the statistics and come up with probabilities, then weigh them against how I feel about the descriptions and how well they match what I feel my behavioral tendencies are.

Does that hat make sense?

Statistically I am definitely ENFP. And I may very well be. I'm just not sure. I like to keep my options open. I feel like as long as I'm learning, I'm discovering more things that apply from all the types and that don't apply.