• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Hell...what type am I REALLY??

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can anyone with more experience, knowledge, etc please help me?

Back in college, I took a psychology class about personalities. We were all administered the MBTI by a professional. I tested as ENFx, and he said I was most likely ENFJ.

Since that time, I've taken countless MBTI test and have always presented as ENFP. I just figured he was wrong in his assessment. So many online tests can't be wrong, can they? :shrug:

Fast forward 20 years. I was active in an MBTI Facebook group. Someone posted a "fun" thread where people posted a picture of themselves to let others guess what type they were based on the photo. I was skeptical, as I think it would be nearly impossible to type someone based on a single photo. I posted a goofy pic and the person came back and said I was definitely either ESFJ or ENFJ. I giggled and said no, thinking I was being reasonable. I ended up being really offended by the OP's manner. She was very condescending with her comments. I told her she was wrong and she told me she was so sorry that I had mistyped myself for so long. At one point she said, "Oh God, please don't tell me you identify as ENFP?!" I starting posting very defensively. She had hurt my feelings and I didn't know how to react other than to point out that she didn't even know me and was basing her opinion of very limited information. Instead of agreeing with me, everyone else who saw the post agreed with her. One comment I remember was, "This is the most Fe defense I've ever heard in my life!" I actually sat in my computer chair and cried. It's difficult to admit that out loud, but she really got to me. I deleted the photo and all the comments I had made, and subsequently left the group. I was so humiliated, and partly because I suspected she was right and didn't know how to proceed.

I started doing more research into dominant types. I tested and, again, got ENFP...but I noticed the E and F scores were really high. Like VERY high. The N and P scores were much lower. I took some tests on cognitive functions and came to realize my Fe is really high. So I began to believe I was ENFJ, like the personality-professional-psychologist guy had told me ages ago.

Then I discovered Socionics. And tested IEE. I rolled my eyes, assuming it was typing me wrong just like the MBTI. So I looked at which type seemed to correspond with what I thought was my MBTI, but it didn't sound right until I added the subtype. I thought I was EIE - Ni.

I took some more tests after I found this forum, and it has me questioning everything. One of the tests typed me as ESFP (MBTI)

I know I'm weird and a bit of an enigma. I don't think there is one type that fits me perfectly. Some aspects of every type resonate with me. This is normal. I just hate not being able to figure out what I am.

Enneagram is easier for me, since it mostly comes down to what motivates me. I know that better than anyone. I'm definitely 7w8, although I also have a bit of the 6 wing as well. 3w2 resonated with me as well, though I don't think it's my primary type.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
I'm sorry you had that experience. I don't know much about Socionics, but my take on the MBTI is that there are definitely flaws in the system. So it's normal to find people who fit their type perfectly, and other people who are on the fence between two or even three types. I think it's also common for the latter people to have socionics types that differ from their MBTI types.

If it helps, a person with high Fi probably would not have been affected in that way by the Facebook group situation. They'd be upset and offended, for sure, but they would have concluded that the system is incorrect rather than themselves, and probably felt a bit sorry for the people in the group who were so invested in some theory that someone else made up. So you're probably a Fe user.

My suggestion would be to choose whatever type fits you the most. To me it seems like you lean more towards ENFJ. But identifying as an ENFx is just fine.

we are all mad here

Enneagram
6w5
Enneagram is easier for me since it mostly comes down to what motivates me. I know that better than anyone. I'm definitely 7w8, although I also have a bit of the 6 wing as well. 3w2 resonated with me as well, though I don't think it's my primary type.
Same. Enneagram just clicked with me while I struggle with MBTI. I do think your response to Facebook jerks was very Fe. Was the keys2 one of the tests you took? I'd love to see the results on that.

Jellyfish1234

Fast forward 20 years. I was active in an MBTI Facebook group. Someone posted a "fun" thread where people posted a picture of themselves to let others guess what type they were based on the photo. I was skeptical, as I think it would be nearly impossible to type someone based on a single photo. I posted a goofy pic and the person came back and said I was definitely either ESFJ or ENFJ. I giggled and said no, thinking I was being reasonable. I ended up being really offended by the OP's manner. She was very condescending with her comments. I told her she was wrong and she told me she was so sorry that I had mistyped myself for so long. At one point she said, "Oh God, please don't tell me you identify as ENFP?!" I starting posting very defensively. She had hurt my feelings and I didn't know how to react other than to point out that she didn't even know me and was basing her opinion of very limited information. Instead of agreeing with me, everyone else who saw the post agreed with her. One comment I remember was, "This is the most Fe defense I've ever heard in my life!" I actually sat in my computer chair and cried. It's difficult to admit that out loud, but she really got to me. I deleted the photo and all the comments I had made, and subsequently left the group. I was so humiliated, and partly because I suspected she was right and didn't know how to proceed.

Why did you find it so upsetting, do you think? Why did it upset you so much that someone suggested you were another type?

Gone

Is visual typing even real? I mean, you do sound quite Fe but that could be confirmation bias or something...
Care to fill out a questionnaire? There are a few templates floating around here Questionnaire Compilation Thread

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why did you find it so upsetting, do you think? Why did it upset you so much that someone suggested you were another type?
It wasn't that she suggested I was wrong, but how she did it. She made me sound stupid for not realizing the truth. I didn't respond well to that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a lot of low level, snarky idiots on facebook MBTI groups, and many of them think they're bloody experts. Don't let them get to you.

What you describe--I've seen this happen to people a lot. I saw it in one of the ENTP groups not too long ago, where there was a debate going on, and people ganged up on a guy with an unpopular stance and started accusing him of being mistyped, saying he was actually an ENFP and not an ENTP. The funny thing, they weren't even debating on the original issue at this point. They were just using typology in an ad hominem attempt to shame him. ENTPs are generally known to be good at debate (the mature, healthy ones, at least), and yet none of these supposed ENTPs were actually debating the guy, they were just resorting to lame ad hominem attacks and type shaming. You'll see a lot of that sort of stuff in those groups, because they're poorly moderated, and I think Facebook is more conducive to that sort of herd groupthink, whereas that stuff is (usually) better moderated on type forums. So my advice, just avoid those groups, or stick to ones with more mature members. Be discerning. Avoid any group or people if you see a lot of comments like "X Types all do Y"--you know, very specific statements that completely miss the point of typology. I honestly think a lot of the people drawn to those groups are just low level, insecure identity seekers who want to pat one another on the backs in a big mutual ego-feeding circlejerk, and they ruin it for the people who actually come to learn about typology.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Normally, I have a much thicker skin. I think it's because I hate the thought of coming across as stupid. It's a major fear of mine. When I was younger and less confident, I would even lie about liking certain TV shows or songs on the radio because I knew they were popular and didn't require you to use your brain to enjoy. I've since come to fly my freak flag and openly enjoy what I want, regardless of what others think. But a lot of my identity was wrapped up in people thinking I'm smart. Which is silly. I don't know why I'm that way.

You're right about the people in that group, though. I was sitting there, crying, trying to debate with three people I had never met in person and that had no effect on my life whatsoever. I decided I didn't need it in my life, although that sort of reaction (taking my ball and going home, so to speak) is a bit extreme for me.

I'm normally quick to defend others, but not so quick to defend myself. I jump in on the bandwagon with some self-deprecating humor and dissolve the situation that way. I can't think of another time when I've gone off in such an Fe manner before, but it was certainly eye-opening to me.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is visual typing even real? I mean, you do sound quite Fe but that could be confirmation bias or something...
Care to fill out a questionnaire? There are a few templates floating around here Questionnaire Compilation Thread

There are A LOT of questionnaires there! Any specific recommendations?

Gone

There are A LOT of questionnaires there! Any specific recommendations?

The one you find the hardest to answer :D

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The one you find the hardest to answer :D

Are the numbers you mention the number of the post? Because the first one has a bunch. Just checking. I'll do several.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here are the first few. I decided to do them all, but have a funeral to go to. I'll finish the others later... (AFTER STAR WARS, if I'm not too tired when I get home.)

---

By [MENTION=408]Tigerlily[/MENTION]
1-what makes you angry? Injustice, bullies, people who discount another’s opinion without listening
2-what do you like/dislike most about people? Blind hatred or bigotry
3-do you like animals? why? Oh yes! Innocence. Love. Zest for life. Fun.
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life? That they are in my life. I value different things about different people, but my favorites are my favorites because they are mine. A quality I am drawn to is transparency. A lot of my friends have a reputation for being too blunt, but you always know where you stand and they are exactly as they appear.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself? Largely undisciplined, easily distracted, best intentions go down the drain, ADHD
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not? Yes and No. I’ve been very overweight for a significant portion of my life, so I stopped caring about being fashionable myself. I felt like I couldn’t look good regardless, so why try. But I’m drawn to the fashionable, have a good eye, etc.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out? A mixture. I don’t like being outcast, but I do love being unique. If I’m in a group that can celebrate my differences, I love standing out.
8-what activities do you enjoy? Talking, watching tv or going to movies, playing games, reading, playing with my cats, sitting on the front porch, visiting, traveling, swimming, singing, dancing, acting, writing, hiking, taking long walks, going to football games or the theater or whatever, etc.
9-what makes you feel secure? Having my family and friends close by, or in contact
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not? LOVE it. I have been blessed in the husband department and cannot imagine where I would be without him.
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc... All these and more. I love people, traveling, experiencing new things, meeting people, animals, nature, lots of things
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about? I’m a daydreamer, so it’s hard to quantify what I DON’T spend time thinking about. I think about fun things I could do or ways I could spoil my family if I won the lottery or scored some ridiculously lucrative job that I didn’t earn, I think about what I can do to make life better for those around me, I think about what is really going on in some TV show I’ve been binge watching, I brainstorm ideas for new businesses I could start, I plan vacations I could take years down the road…
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child? I’m not much different than I was as a child, fundamentally. I’m more reserved. I had so much self-confidence when I was little. I was a performer (a ham, really). With a few disappointments and weight gain, I learned to step out of the spotlight a bit, though I’m still there a lot, if I’m honest. I lead seminars and teach groups of people, and am often behind a podium with a microphone.

By [MENTION=6071]Oaky[/MENTION]
What's your type? I’m an extrovert. People-lover. 7w8 with a thirst for experience and adventure. Otherwise, no clue. I’m pretty sure I’m Fe dominant.
What colour do you like? Orange is my favorite. Particular dark orange like you see in fall foliage, or a pale orange you find in the sunrise or sunset.
What is your favourite personality? I find things I love in every personality. I like having deep conversations and drawing correlations between seemingly random things. I love going and doing, but can stay home and be just as happy. I don’t like people who are intentionally rude, bullying or cruel. Jokes are one thing, but I prefer if people have some awareness of those around them. While many of my friends are blunt, they aren’t rude with it. Speaking the truth in love is a lot different than just being rude or cruel.
Where can you find clams? In the ocean. Is this a legitimate question?
Are you fascinated by wooden planks? Depends. I do love the ocean, and as a kid thought walking the plank would be fun instead of a punishment. The Bible describes hypocritical behavior as someone pointing out a speck in another’s eye while having a plank in his own. I’m not a fan of those kinds of planks. A wooden plank could save your life if you have to cross treacherous waters.
Do people make you fascinated by boats? Depends on how you look at it. On the surface (ha!), no, but you could make a case for it.
Does the number 9 resemble the number 6? Naturally
How are elastic bands made? Usually from synthetic rubber, I think. I don’t really care. I’d prefer to think it’s some sort of alien technology and they just appeared one day.
Do you step on the floor tiles only being able to step on the one's that fit into the pattern in your mind? Sometimes. Once I start, I have to finish. Other days I don’t even notice the tiles.
Do you take your finger and make sure it does not meet a lamp post and only go over it using your field of vision as the picture? Nope.
If you put a pig in an airplane does that mean that pigs can fly? Of course, assuming the airplane can fly and that the pig remains on the plane for the flight.
Did you ever remember the 5th of November? I’m American, so until V for Vendetta I didn’t even know what that was. But I do remember the 5th of November, because it’s my brother’s birthday. And my baby sister died on the 5th of November this year, but that’s new.

By [MENTION=34933]whatever[/MENTION]
1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? A Griffin or Sphynx. I’m a huge fan of big cats, so I’d have to go with some form of lion.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) A billionaire. Independently wealthy sounds great, but I never had to discipline to finish anything. I had 7 different majors in college and ended up dropping out. I’d be a great teacher. Motivational speaker. Actor. Writer. Movie or book reviewer? That sounds fun. NOT a food critic (I’m too picky). Probate lawyer. Property manager (this is what I do and it suits me pretty well). Professional traveler.
3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? Probably a cherry. It’s one of the more popular flavors, though many only like them in small doses. They grow in pairs, so I wouldn’t be alone on the vine. Good for you with beneficial, healthy qualities, but too sweet to live on exclusively.
4. What is your favorite beverage? Coffee.
5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? Probably a little of everything, so everyone’s likes are covered. Steak, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, maybe some ribs or lamb. Sides are basically salad, fruit and raw veggies. Might provide a few other sides, but it wouldn’t be my focus.
6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? Did you know that the average mammal takes 21 seconds to empty its bladder, regardless of size? Human, elephant, mouse… That doesn’t mean the average for each mammal is the same, but the overall average is 21 seconds. I’ve started timing myself. I listen to my cats piss now. I’m so weird.
7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? World peace? Back to Eden.
8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? Either steak, salad, water and coffee OR a really good New York style pizza with some Sprite Zero.

By [MENTION=8046]ayoitsStepho[/MENTION]
1. How do you respond to clingy people? I don’t have enough free time to be clung to. I stay very busy. I allow clingy people to follow me around if they want. Become a “ride-along” buddy. Go with me to the grocery store, to my next appointment, etc. Eventually they get bored. If they call, I tell them I have to go. If they wanna come along; great. I tire of few people. I also refuse to pay for them. Many of my clingier friends also have limited resources, so when I tell them what I’ll be doing, they have to beg off (after ho-humming around hoping I’ll offer to foot the bill). I stat upbeat and positive. When I do get tired of a particular clinger (I do tend to attract them), I just plan a few days of activities I know they won’t do. Is that passive-aggressive?
2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be? I wouldn’t change the color of the ocean.
3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)? LOL My hubby and I don’t have kids, so we walk around nude in the house all the time. I think I could if I didn’t have to go anywhere, but I’m too social to stay home. So no. Probably not.
4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)? I am an extrovert, but I’m horrible at this. I interact with people openly and am often accused of flirting with strangers. My parents are the same way. It’s not flirtation; it’s connection. But when I’m actually interested? All skills go out the window. I’m surprised I ever married. I didn’t seriously date until my early 20s. I was so awkward around attractive guys when I was younger. I’m good now, because I’m not on the market.
5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience? Yes. We had a pool when I was a kid, so I had to try it. I loved it.
6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose? LOL I love sports and had tons of posters of sports figures hanging on my walls as a teenager. A jockstrap? Not very me. That said, it would probably be someone from my youth. Maybe Munoz or Esiason from when the Bengals were good. Maybe Steve Sax from the 80s Dodgers. I loved him when I was a kid.
7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it? Now that would be telling… ;)
8. Name a city that best represents your personality. Valetta, Malta. Moderate climate and nearly always warm. Beautiful scenery and lovely coast, with lots of classic architecture and historical roots. Large, active city surrounded by lovely, remote regions that are vastly less populated. Ranks high on most lists of places to live or visit, has one of the more stable political and economic systems, yet gets little attention as far as tourism and news. To quote the movie Elizabethtown, “I’m impossible to forget, but I’m hard to remember.”

By [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION]
1. What is your favorite food? What's so great about it? Pizza. Because it’s made of love and awesome.
2. Define justice! Justice is an ambiguous concept because it is rooted in what is morally right, and that changes within cultures and people groups. To me, justice is when the law sees through the muck to the heart of the issue and punishment is made to fit the crime. Justice doesn’t punish people with good intentions. Justice doesn’t free those who victimize others, but find a loophole.
3. Do you orientate by general directions or by landmarks? A mixture. I can successfully navigate with either type of directions, and tend to give both when instructing another.
4. What did you like about your favorite story book from childhood? I love fantasy because it gives you a chance to explore where you have never been or could never go in real life.
5. What would you like to learn if time and money were no issue? Why? EVERYTHING. If time and money were not an issue, I’d have 4 Doctorate degrees by now. I love learning. Given, I wouldn’t have gotten them in a normal way. I would have accrued 7 different Bachelor degrees, then started a Masters, then dropped it for another one…okay, so maybe I would never have actually completed a single Doctorate…but I would be a perpetual student.
6. Can you roll your tongue? Yes
7. Describe the inside of your fridge! No one wants to see that.
8. Convince the forum that pajama day should be a bank holiday. People are more productive when they are relaxed. Giving people a day to stay in their pajamas would increase feelings of well-being and would allow the population at large to have a true rest day. It could even heal marriages, reduce teen suicide rates and give a massive boost to interpersonal relationships everywhere. Having this pajama day coincide with the day after a huge party day could also be helpful. The Monday following the SuperBowl comes to mind. New Years Day is already a holiday, but possibly the day after Halloween or Saint Patrick’s Day.

By the late, great bologna/Mr. Eyebrows/greed
1. What is your MBTI type, Enneagram, Socionics, Temperament, etc.? How did you arrive at them--tests, introspection, "trying it on".. ? How confident are you that they fit--how well do they describe you, and what about them doesn't fit? What other types have you "tried on" or thought you were? I don’t know. That’s why I’m here. 7w8 so/sx
2. Why are you here? Why do you study typology? (Maybe some inspiration from here...) I love personality tests, mapping, typing…anything that allows for personal introspection and development
3. What do you value? What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog? Open-mindedness, acceptance, willingness to try new things
4. How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)? I present myself as willing, flexible, approachable. I’m often “volunteered” to lead or plan things. I rarely complain. I come across as smart and busy, but a bit scattered.
5. What is your favorite color? Favorite suit of cards? What symbols and ideas are you drawn toward? Why do you think you're drawn to these? Color – orange. Suit – diamonds. I’m drawn toward positive icons like stars, hearts, and shiny things. I like transparency and openness.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
By [MENTION=7420]Chaotic Harmony[/MENTION]
1. Which would come out on top in a battle... Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves? And why? This could take some time to put into words. I think a case could be made for each, depending on the lore you follow. Each has different strengths and weaknesses. I think if you look at traditional lore, the vampire is the most powerful of the three, but its weaknesses are also more significant.
2. What is your idea of the perfect day? Lots of laughter and togetherness. Could be a family game day or a holiday meal. Could be a day out with my hubby. Or a road trip with my besties. As long as there is laughter and connection, with little conflict, I’m good.
3. What really is the correct way to pronounce potato and tomato? Po-TAY-to. To-MAY-to…or tater and mater, if you’re from my neck of the woods. ;)
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live (doesn't have to be a real place)? I’m fond of the island where the Amazons live in Wonder Woman. Maybe Malta, for the reasons I listed in a questionnaire above. A beautiful, remote area on the shore with a nearby city. Honestly, anywhere with my loved ones.
5. What changes would you make if you were president/king/emperor/ruler of the world? Everyone would watch Star Wars. I’m not big on ultimatums or forcing anyone to do anything. Freedom is too important to me. But I would love to see hatred eradicated. The problem lies in how to implement it.
6. Using only words that start with the letter S, describe yourself. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Smart, scattered, sarcastic, sassy, sanguine, sentimental, sometimes serious, seldom silent, smiling, sloppy, spunky, sympathetic, stubborn and strange.
7. If you could be a member of the opposite sex for one day...what would you do? Get a raise. (J/K) I’m not sure I’d do anything different.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Cruelty to others, poor written grammar
9. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be? cat
10. Are you a night owl or an early bird? Neither. I like 7-8.5 hours of sleep per night. Period. If I want to get up at 4 AM, I just go to bed early. If I stay up until 3 AM playing cards, I just sleep late the next day.

NFGeeks Video Challenge Questionnaire:

1.) What is your type? Don’t know
2.) What are you primarily interested in? Life. Entertainment. I’m a fun-seeker.
3.) How do you relate to your temperament? I’m even-tempered by nature and don’t know my official temperament.
4.) What got you interested in MBTI? College course
5.) How has MBTI impacted your life? Hasn’t really, other than sucking my time away with quizzes and questionnaires.
6.) Show an object to the camera. I just realized this was a Video challenge. Oops.
7.) What are the biggest misconceptions about your type? Don’t know
8.) What are the limitations of your type? Don’t know
9.) What is your ultimate dream endeavor? To live a life of leisure
10.) Have nameless kitten present throughout challenge (Optional) YES! I like this. If I had done it as a video challenge, of course.

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love? Beauty is anything that speaks to your heart in a positive way. Love is self-sacrifice – putting another’s thoughts on par with your own.
2. What are your most important values? Integrity, transparency, openness
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place? Yes. I hold to those beliefs because I believe them to be true. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t. I have experiences that go beyond explanation.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you? Power has little to do with war and militaries. Power is the ability to bend another to your will. This can be accomplished with physical strength or in other ways. War is a necessary evil, unfortunately. As long as there is ambition, there will be war. Militaries are a very important part of any modern society. Without a show of force, a country becomes an easy target for a more ruthless country’s ambitions.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why? Anything and everything. Religion. Politics. Midichlorians. Loki’s motivations. How a raven is like a writing desk. The NFL Draft. Fantasy football. Weight loss and healthy living. Addiction. Obsession.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? I have been recently. I’m on a healthy journey. Losing fat and working on my overall health. Clean eating. It’s a lot of what I talk about now.
7. What do you think of daily chores? Meh.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome. Yes. LOL I read and watch a lot. Favorite film is The Empire Strikes Back. I love a lot of movies connected to my youth: Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Beverly Hills Cop, Anne of Green Gables, Mary Poppins… I love Lord of the Rings and most Disney animated features. I see about 35-40 movies in theaters per year. I read a lot of books of all genres. As a teen my favorite books were To Kill a Mockingbird, The Handmaid’s Tale, Fahrenheit 451, anything Tolkien, Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, etc. 20 years ago, I would have claimed Gabaldon’s Outlander series as my favorite (yes, I still love all these books). A recent favorite is a space opera series that isn’t even about anything. LOL It follows a single character from the time he signs the articles at 18 years of age until he is the owner of his own solar clipper freighter.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why? I am easily moved to express emotion. I can cry from a commercial, and find something worth smiling about in just about everything.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging? Anywhere I am accepted. I can talk to a brick wall, and can be comfortable just about anywhere. All I need is unconditional acceptance. Is that too much to ask?

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself? I have a tendency to start things but not finish them. I wish I were more disciplined.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself? I’m a good planner. I’m very diplomatic and am a good people motivator. People often choose or volunteer me to lead teams or committees. I’m ALWAYS the one who plans trips, vacations and reunions.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help? I’m very good at organization, I’m just not good at applying it to my personal life. My workspaces are neat and organized, but my private spaces are cluttered and sloppy. I would like help learning to apply my work ethic to my personal life.
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it. Not really. I have had jobs where I had to do the same thing every day and they drained me emotionally, but in those situations I focused on finding fulfillment when I wasn’t at work. I found it very easy to separate work from free time and was able to avoid depression. The worst I ever experienced was after some close family moved far away. I felt the loss and took it hard. That’s as close as I can think of as an example of feeling stuck in a rut.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? I love openness and transparency. I dislike bullies and people who aim their jokes at the expense of others. I don’t like people so rooted in their opinions that they refuse to have conversations where they see another perspective. I can get along with most people, though.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner? I link the two very closely. I married my first love and abstained from sexual intercourse until marriage. I find just about anything romantic and see something sensual in just about everything. I’m a very passionate person. One of the reasons I chose to wait until marriage was that I didn’t think I could emotionally handle having love and losing it.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why? My main concern would be raising a responsible, open-minded, loving, happy adult capable of participating in his or her world.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction? I would be intrigued. I would ask questions. I would want to know why they believe that; not because I want to convince them otherwise, but just because I love knowing what drives a person and what shapes their belief system.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one. I believe that, as a whole, people are good, but lazy. They aren’t willing to make the effort it would take to affect a change. Most people aren’t evil at the core, they are simply self-turned and don’t notice others around them.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them? I am very open and talkative with two groups of people: strangers and close friends. People I only know a little, of whom I’m not sure of their motivations…I tend to be a bit less comfortable. I can be hilarious with my friends and family, or with complete strangers…but people who only know me from other places and haven’t spent one-on-one time with me often don’t see that side of me. Especially if they know me from having heard me speak or from a church or ministry setting. They often think I am more serious or even judgmental based on their experiences with others they know from a similar setting.
21. How do you behave around strangers? Very open. I’m funny. I love to engage people. I’m often accused of flirting with people, but I’m simply making a connection. I love to make people laugh or smile.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? Scatteredness, easy boredom, daydreaming and big-picture focus cause me to test ENFP, yet I’m a planner. A list maker. I often lead with me Fe rather than Ne, though both test high. I test high in a lot of areas, cognitive function wise. I think I’m probably ENFJ. I test high in Se as well, but don’t think I’m sensory dominant. I don’t think there’s anyone else as weird as me.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? Freedom. Acceptance. To know all the things. Experiences.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way. I feel best about myself in large social settings. I often find myself the center of attention, telling stories. Or my mom or brother will be there, doing the same. I call it “holding court”, because it’s very much like everyone is just sitting around, laughing, waiting to see what you’ll do next. It sounds egotistical of me to think I’m at my finest when I’m the center of attention, but I really enjoy making people laugh or smile. When I’m in a situation like that, I find my social skills are even better than normal. It’s like I’m “on” so to speak. If you’ve ever done stage acting, you’ll know what I mean. I don’t always want the spotlight. I love it when someone else is at the center, doing the same thing. (I mentioned before my mom and brother – he is even better at it than I am.) I love that kind of thing. So much laughter.
4) What makes you feel inferior? I hate when I’m not “on”. When I struggle to find the right words, stumble over them, say things wrong, get things wrong, misread a scenario… None of us are perfect, and as good as my social skills are, when I do something embarrassing, I want to crawl in a hole and die. Not something silly that someone else would find embarrassing. I’ll put underwear on my head and go to Walmart. I’ll stand in a parking lot and sing showtunes. We once went Christmas caroling in June. Fun things you do intentionally that buck the norms are not embarrassing to me. Embarrassing to me is looking stupid. Saying the wrong thing. Reading something wrong. Saying something wrong. My face is warming now just thinking about it. Ugh.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) I like to have fun and will often weight the pros/cons of activities. I don’t like to miss out on anything, so I often try to cram too much into a 24-hour period.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? Early brainstorming and planning. Make sure everyone shares the vision so there are no misunderstandings. Set it up so the deadline isn’t a worry. Delegate, because if I do it myself it may not get done. Motivate.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? Every day. If I go a day without having fun I have trouble sleeping that night.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? I love learning new things. I am good with visual, auditory and hands-on learning, which is helpful. I like making sure I have a good understanding of what is expected before starting. I don’t like to jump in before knowing all the rules. That drives me crazy. I hate to look stupid and don’t want to mess up. I read and listen carefully before beginning.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as? I have great organizational skills, I just don’t apply them to every part of my life.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? I am a problem solver. I like to look at the big picture. If something achieves the final goal more efficiently, I don’t care if there’s evidence to support it. The principle should work – you try it. You delve into the details for any red flags or reasons why it may not work, but I don’t tend to let fear or tradition hinder progress or change.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? If I don’t believe it, I’m probably not even there. I’m a natural motivator. If I believe in something, I can’t help but tell other people about it. It’s why all my conversations of late have been about clean eating, diet and exercise. I’ve already been asked to teach a class on the subject, which makes me laugh. I do naturally gravitate toward making sure others at least understand the vibe in a given group. I’m a fan of inclusion and tend to look for outliers to pull them in. So I guess both? Sort of?
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I speak before thinking. I sometimes have to back track to correct a statement. I have been known to contradict myself, though I try to catch those before someone else does and correct them.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? I am quick to act, but like to know what the rules are or what is expected of me first. I don’t dilly dally, but I hate looking stupid or making mistakes. Actions do speak louder than words, in my opinion.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? Go. All my favorite shows are DVRed anyway. I hardly watch anything live.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out? I become more critical of myself and others. (typical Enneagram 7 to 1 in stress).
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? If they aren’t considerate to others, closed off to new ideas or cultures/lifestyles/thoughts that differ from theirs, or if they are mean-spirited.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? Everything.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life? Until recently, my health. What others think of me, other than seeing me as intelligent/capable and open.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ? My friends perceive me as smart, wise and a good counselor. I have two nicknames from different friends. One calls me Google. One calls me Gandhi. Seriously? I do not know everything, though I do know a little about most things. I’m good at trivia, but I am not Google. I tend to not judge others and defend the underdog, but I am not Gandhi. I am the one they all come to for counsel. Or call if they’re on Who Wants to be a Millionnaire and need help with a trivia question. I like to be viewed at smart. I like to be viewed as open-minded and accepting. Maybe I’ve gone too far? My friends would never say I was judgmental. They would never say I wouldn’t be up for something. I’m the crazy one. My friends also think I’m the most organized person on the planet, which makes me laugh. Because while I’m great at planning trips and outings, I suck at real life.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? Depends on the day. Start with a walk. Sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and have some conversation. Play fetch with the cat. Get fixed up and go to a movie. Dinner out. Maybe a coffee shop. Back to the house for games.

--

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline). I’ve never been home with nothing to do. I always have shows recorded, about 200 unread books on my kindle, audiobooks, cats to play with, I could take a walk or daydream, clean, sing, dance…I never get bored. I hate the very idea of being bored. There are days when I want to go out and can’t find anyone to go with. These are my days where I begin to get uneasy. Usually, I’ll go to a movie by myself. I guess this is asking where my baseline is on those days when I wanna go out and kind find a friend who is free. I feel down. *sigh* Alone. I will sometimes even attribute it as a flaw in myself.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you? Good. I have a pretty great life.
b. What have others said about you? They get exhausted just watching me.
c. What do you think of yourself? I have a pretty high opinion of myself, but I think it’s in the healthy range. I don’t think highly of my appearance. And I think my personality is grating. Like I can only be handled in small doses.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one. Being excluded. I don’t mind being forgotten, but I hate being intentionally left out. As a social person, this bothers me more than it should.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt? I cannot remain calm all the time. I am an emotional person. I am not turbulent. I don’t stress easily, but I do get excited. I’m passionate about things. I laugh and cry a lot. I don’t understand how people can remain aloof and objective.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? Better discipline in my personal life

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you? Usually, time and personal growth leads us apart. I’ve only severed a couple of friendships intentionally. The first was because I recognized signs of co-dependence. The second was because I realized the lady was pitting several friends against one another and was very manipulative. I don’t respond well to people who are secretive or hide their true selves. I’ve been cut off by people because they didn’t know me well and made assumptions about my character based on others I was friends with.

6. Which types do you identify with most? ??
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

7. Which types are least like you? Anything introverted, though I do enjoy reading, deep conversation and philosophy
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love? Live your life and love will find you. When you go searching for it, it often eludes you.

9. What is the message your superego tells you? I’m not enough. Others think I’m abrasive. I push things too far. I’m not nearly as smart or as good with people as I think I am.

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

I’m gonna skip this one for now…

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.) Intelligent, open-minded and accepting. Fun to be around. Funny.

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

- to strive to become/behave like a good person
- to be loving and benevolent
- to be knowledgeable
- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
- to be a loveable person
- to be "okay", having it together
- to be accomplished and successful
- to be powerful, strong, unassailable.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

I mentioned before that I don’t like being excluded. When I was young, I was often ostracized. As an adult, I’m still sensitive to being told I’m too loud or that I’m overreacting.

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

- I've had a sense of being rejectible.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

My biggest fears have been of looking stupid or uneducated. Being thought of by others as “less than”. Being excluded or rejected. Fear of failure.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it? Yes.
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources? Yes, but mostly because my husband is rubbing off on me.
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes? Oh no. I like to change things up pretty regularly. I love to plan, but not routine.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing? Yes and no. I’m not afraid of risk, but I do like to be aware of what is at stake. Do the research and what you can to avoid failure.
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers? No way. I’m an open book.
6. Do you tend to be introverted? Not even remotely.
7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments? Yes
8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies? Yes, but again, primarily because my hubby is security-minded.
9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth? Sure, as much as can be expected. I don’t worry about things, though. I only recently began taking care of myself physically, health-wise. I neglected that for years. But comfort? Home? Hearth? Safety? Sure. I’m good.
10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios? I rarely worry about anything.
11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees? I actually do. Not so much guarantees, but I like to have expectations and rules clearly spelled out for me, mostly to avoid looking stupid. I am not even all that much of a rule follower…but I still want to know what they are so I know the best way to circumvent the ones I don’t deem important.
12. In relationships do you take care of others financially? We do. We are both great communicators and try to put one another first, so this comes naturally to us.

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image
1. Do you need or really like social validation? Absolutely
2. Is social image important to you? Somewhat. Not my appearance, so much. I like being accepted for who I am, despite my weirdness.
3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena? Definitely not. As much as I have been fond of the spotlight when I’m entertaining, I do not like receiving acknowledgment publicly. Privately, I eat it up.
4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world? Yes
5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others? Not physically, but by reputation. Sure. It’s more important to me that others get recognition publicly, as long as everyone behind the scenes knows what I contributed. This is especially true in the work I do with children. I like to make sure each one is recognized for his or her accomplishments.
6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause? Not really. It bothers me if my work goes completely unnoticed, but as long as I receive atta-boys in private, I’m good.
7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities? Definitely
8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you? Sure
9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event? Oh yes. Especially if I feel I was intentionally excluded
10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people? Some
11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public? Yes and not really
12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family? For sure, along with my mom.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)
1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance? Is it of importance, absolutely. Paramount importance? Only when it comes to my hubby or parents.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other? For sure.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money? Absolutely. It all comes down to people.
4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself? No.
5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other? No. Money and resources are tools.
6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns? Absolutely
7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things? YES and yes.
8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security? I think about the future a lot…but not security. I’m a daydreamer. Hubby is the security-minded one. I’m more in the moment when it comes to real life. Fantasy life = future. Real life = present.
9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times? Oh yes, of course. I’m a passionate person.
10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships? I love experiences. I like acceptable risk. I don’t allow myself to get bored. Much like I described in another questionnaire about keeping myself surrounded with things that stimulate me to avoid boredom when alone, I am always coming up with ways to reconnect with my spouse and to keep things fresh. We’ve been married nearly 17 years now and we aren’t bored yet.
11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities? Not really. I do like to focus on others, but I’m not one to neglect myself.
12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences? I did more when I was younger and inexperienced in those areas. I had a lot of fantasies, everything was sexual, etc. Now I’m fulfilled in those areas of my life, so my fantasies tend to be more on financial independence. LOL

• What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type? Don’t know; 7w8 so/sx
• What got you interested in Personality Type? College course
• What kind of work do you do for a living? Property manager, asst director of a Christian deaf ministry, public speaker, worship leader, assoc youth pastor (most of these are volunteer)
• What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? LIFE is my greatest accomplishment.
• What would constitute a perfect day for you? All days can be perfect.
• What are you most grateful for in your life? Love, friendship, acceptance
• Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it? Finishing my degree. No need and don’t want to spend the money.
• If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I wouldn’t.
• Share an embarrassing moment in your life. I was 16. Thought a stranger was my dad (from the back). An attractive stranger in his early to mid 20s, it turns out. Walked up and put my arm through his. Lay my head on his shoulder. Turned around and saw my entire family staring. Did I mention how awkward I was with attractive people of the opposite sex when I was younger?
• Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why? Sure, but only if it’s confrontational. To avoid saying something wrong.
• If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be? Teleportation.
• What do you value most in a friendship? Acceptance and honesty
• What is your most treasured memory? I don’t have one. So many, they blur together. I had a pretty terrific childhood.
• What roles do love and affection play in your life? Love and affection are everything.
• Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? Everything I have besides my loved ones and pets is replaceable except my older photos from before the digital age. That would be it for me.
• Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island? My spouse.
• If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be? Go to the beach!
• If money was no object, what would you do all day? Whatever I wanted.
• Who is your favorite author? Tolkien
• What is your favorite book? Fahrenheit 451
• What has been your biggest challenge? Overcoming addition
• If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? My own childhood
• What does your life say about you? I have a pretty great life. I’m blessed.
• How would your friends describe you? Smart, wise, good counselor, organized

I. What do you generally focus on? (Duties aside) The big picture, others and future plans

II. When looking at a painting, or any type of styled object, what demands your attention the most? The overall feeling it evokes

III. What quality do you dislike about some people that is something to be desired in yourself.? Remaining aloof or unemotional

IV. What quality in you do people find annoying? Rudeness

V. Describe your general decision making process. What makes the most sense in the long run = big picture = will it matter in 20 years? If not, do what you want to do the most. If yes, find the way to get the most enjoyment without screwing up your future. I don’t like missing out, so I’ll often try to find a way to get the best of both worlds.

VI. What stresses you most? I’ve taken on too much and can’t get it all done in time. Forgot to delegate or recruit a helper. Running around trying to tie up loose ends on the day of the production, performance, event, or whatever else I’ve taken on the planning of.

VII. How do you gauge the value or worth of something? How will it impact the world around you.

1. During your youth (7'ish to 18), What did you focus on the most? What activities did you like and why? What aspect of life was lax in attention? I was a fun-seeker, much as I am now. Played a lot of games, time with family, read a lot of books. Like now, I tended to neglect my chores.

2. You're in your senior year of high school (or whatever equivalent) and you are looking back over the last couple of years. What was your favorite aspect of the schooling experience and why? Favorite subject and why? Favorite were the friendships I made. Favorite subject was physics because I love experimenting with how and why things work in the practical world, whereas with chemistry it was more about the world too small to see with the naked eye. I also loved English because I enjoy reading and writing, but I didn’t like my junior or senior English teacher, which made a difference.

3. A couple of friends call and invite you out to a restaurant. While there, you all are pleasantly conversing and one of your friends makes a comment that irked you. What are your thoughts and how do you respond? I would call them out on it. Seriously? Did you just say that? Because if it irked me, it was probably mean-spirited or ridiculing someone. I always stand up for the underdog and don’t sit back while others are bullies.

4. Your schooling is done and it's time to strike out into the world!! What sort of career do you want to go into and why? Eye doctor, oceanic geologist, probate attorney, astronaut, air traffic controller, motivational speaker, actor, English or science teacher (middle school), running a shelter for cats and dogs, dancer, singer, young adult fiction writer, self-help guru, LOL. Seriously. These are all careers I considered. I had 7 different majors in college, but dropped out. I work as a part-time property manager and volunteer at about 5 different places.

5. A friend is getting married and they put you in charge of the cake. You narrowed it down to two places to make an order. The first is a bakery with whom you got a good relationship with. The other is a well-known cake maker to whom everyone goes to (your friend hints to it as well). Which one do you choose and why? I’d go with the first because of the established relationship, assuming I believed the cake would be both beautiful and tasty. If I didn’t think the first bakery could pull it off, I’d go with the other.

6. You get into an argument with a friend/family member/co-worker. They criticize one of your personality traits. What would most likely be the focus of their critique? They may call me loud. Say I talk too much.

7. It's New Years! You and your friends are out and about after a party. Being drunk, one of your friends suggests to do something....'questionable' (Nothing serious. I.e, drugs, escort, etc.). What are your thoughts and how do you respond? If I don’t feel it’s illegal or immoral and no one is likely to get hurt, I would be all for it. If it put another relationship on the line, I wouldn’t consent.

8. A new art gallery opens up and your friend wants to go to the grand opening. Both of you analyze all the paintings and sculptures. What about these works warrants the most attention from you? Why? The one that evokes the most emotion from me. I love art galleries.

9. You have been saving up and decide to buy a new car. At the dealership, you peruse the lots. What are the criteria and factors that influence your choice? Which one would initially be your main focus? Something both lovely and practical, that my husband would approve of (he does our auto maintenance, so getting a vehicle he is familiar with is important). But it would have to be pretty.

10. Yep, you now have a kid (sex of your choosing)! Years pass and they are now 15 years old. You notice their personality traits are the complete opposite of how you were when at their age. Describe how they are. Describe the possible conflicts that would arise between both of you due to differing temperaments.

He is quiet and withdrawn. Depressed all the time. Won’t engage with the family. I fear he may be suicidal. He jumps to conclusions and seems paranoid. He simply will not see his own worth. (It’s making me really sad just typing this, and I don’t even have children…)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I haven't read your questionnaires yet, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I think you're getting inaccurate input on Fe vs Fi in this thread. ENFPs don't like to look illogical/wrong in front of others. Having tertiary Te means that they often like to "think out loud" to process their thoughts. When combined with an appearance of self-doubt or emotionality, people love to scream "Fe," although that may not be correct. Also, having PoLR Ti means that they don't really have an internally consistent logical process. They might be confident on the logic about their self-typing one day, and then a week later proclaim confidently to see things a totally different way. If called out on it, they'll likely be a little embarrassed about looking flakey or "stupid." Their minds can easily see different possibilities for one truth, so it can be hard for them to settle on a type. An unhealthy ENFP, particularly an image type (2, 3, 4), may be more actively defensive/openly emotional about how they see themselves in a moment. And ENFPs are actually prone to moments of over-sharing followed by a feeling of "maybe I shouldn't have shared that." It doesn't mean they prefer Fe.

BAD1973

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I haven't read your questionnaires yet, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I think you're getting inaccurate input on Fe vs Fi in this thread. ENFPs don't like to look illogical/wrong in front of others. Having tertiary Te means that they often like to "think out loud" to process their thoughts. When combined with an appearance of self-doubt or emotionality, people love to scream "Fe," although that may not be correct. Also, having PoLR Ti means that they don't really have an internally consistent logical process. They might be confident on the logic about their self-typing one day, and then a week later proclaim confidently to see things a totally different way. If called out on it, they'll likely be a little embarrassed about looking flakey or "stupid." Their minds can easily see different possibilities for one truth, so it can be hard for them to settle on a type. An unhealthy ENFP, particularly an image type (2, 3, 4), may be more actively defensive/openly emotional about how they see themselves in a moment. And they are actually prone to moments of over-sharing followed by a feeling of "maybe I shouldn't have shared that." It doesn't mean they prefer Fe.
Thank you for your input! This is exactly the kind of feedback I want.

we are all mad here

Enneagram
6w5
The last 3 tests you did really showed your Fi. The way you described how you handle your work is high Ne, not Low Ne. I saw lots of Ne and Si up to that point but that sentence clicked on where they stack. Clear enneagram 7 though I kinda see 7w6 if you feel 7w8 then it's right. Everyone sees me as 6w5 when I relate more to 6w7 at times.

I enjoyed reading this and getting snippets of your life and personality. Stay awesome. :smile:

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't read your questionnaires yet, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I think you're getting inaccurate input on Fe vs Fi in this thread. ENFPs don't like to look illogical/wrong in front of others. Having tertiary Te means that they often like to "think out loud" to process their thoughts. When combined with an appearance of self-doubt or emotionality, people love to scream "Fe," although that may not be correct. Also, having PoLR Ti means that they don't really have an internally consistent logical process. They might be confident on the logic about their self-typing one day, and then a week later proclaim confidently to see things a totally different way. If called out on it, they'll likely be a little embarrassed about looking flakey or "stupid." Their minds can easily see different possibilities for one truth, so it can be hard for them to settle on a type. An unhealthy ENFP, particularly an image type (2, 3, 4), may be more actively defensive/openly emotional about how they see themselves in a moment. And ENFPs are actually prone to moments of over-sharing followed by a feeling of "maybe I shouldn't have shared that." It doesn't mean they prefer Fe.

I completely agree with this.
Though sometimes, Fi and Fe can appear a bit similar.
And as an ENFP, I hate when people don't see me as intelligent, smart, and capable.
And I do overshare sometimes. Luckily, I'm not really ashamed about anything from my past so I usually don't care. I just worry that I've made others feel uncomfortable.
I've generally also seen this with other ENFPs.