Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by BAD1973 View Post
    Excellent! Thank you. I appreciate the input.

I tend to go by a lot more than statistics. A lot of tests are leaning in one direction or other, as in I can feel what the answer should be to get a certain result. I feel like that skews some results. Some tests use words like always or never, which changes my response. Some are based on what you have had success with rather than what you feel you prefer to do. So a lot of the tests come out with answers or results I feel arent really true to type.

So I take the statistics and come up with probabilities, then weigh them against how I feel about the descriptions and how well they match what I feel my behavioral tendencies are.

Does that hat make sense?

Statistically I am definitely ENFP. And I may very well be. I'm just not sure. I like to keep my options open. I feel like as long as I'm learning, I'm discovering more things that apply from all the types and that don't apply.
    There is both the behavioral and the cognitive context to consider. Those are very different things because a person can think one way and then behave another way. I'm an introvert with an extroverted soul.
    Likes we are all mad here liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    There is both the behavioral and the cognitive context to consider. Those are very different things because a person can think one way and then behave another way. I'm an introvert with an extroverted soul.
    Very true. I have several family members who are very social, initiate interaction and function in a manner that would indicate to others that they are extroverted, but if you ask them they will tell you they identify as introverts. They need alone time to recharge, get drained with too many social functions, etc.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I do have a hard time identifying with ESFJ. I'm not popular. I don't follow the rules, and certainly don't enforce them. I'm not much concerned with my outward appearance and don't seek public recognition or glory. I don't avoid conflict (though I don't seek it out). I'm not a peacemaker by most standards, although I do try to make sure everyone can see the situation for the other person's perspective.

But the other social aspects of ESFJ do resonate with me, and it's possible others see me in ways I don't see myself. I can be a bit bossy. Others may see me as popular. Who knows?

Junior Member we are all mad here's Avatar
    Enneagram
    6w5

I do have a hard time identifying with ESFJ. I'm not popular. I don't follow the rules, and certainly don't enforce them. I'm not much concerned with my outward appearance and don't seek public recognition or glory. I don't avoid conflict (though I don't seek it out). I'm not a peacemaker by most standards, although I do try to make sure everyone can see the situation for the other person's perspective.
    Those are ESFJ stereotypes, not actual cognitive functions.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Very true. I have several family members who are very social, initiate interaction and function in a manner that would indicate to others that they are extroverted, but if you ask them they will tell you they identify as introverts. They need alone time to recharge, get drained with too many social functions, etc.
    Social interactions drain everybody of energy. It's just a question of how much social interaction is required.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I thought I was 7w8 simply because I scored higher on 8 than 6, but after reading, I'm 7w6 for sure. And I now think my tritype is 721.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You're ENFP and ESFJ, in that order. Your enneagram sub-wing is 6w7. You may be playful and creative at times, and a bit of an emotional chameleon; and at other times, more serious and responsible.
    You are more correct than I realized. The more I read, the more I know.

I'm now thinking ENFP, 7w6 sx (721).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You are more correct than I realized. The more I read, the more I know.

I'm now thinking ENFP, 7w6 sx (721).
    Ok. Well. That is good.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I am tempted to give you ESFP because I would totally name a thread "MBTI Hell".
    Likes BAD1973 liked this post