• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bless Me With A Typing. I'm Unsure

Shyner

I am just looking to work on self-improvement and I think knowing one's type accelerates growth. I've posted on other forums, but I didn't get a conclusive answer.

I am a 19 years old male living in America if that matters.

I am a writer, poet, philosopher, musician, rapper, and amateur filmmaker. I am a very artistic man who intends on breaking into the mainstream with all of my friends. I am the shadow leader of all my associates and have no problem being the leader as I believe that I know better than they do about what activities we should partake in. I usually influence one of the more prominent ones into forcing others to do what I believe we should be doing. It's hard for me to be assertive all by myself. I am the one person in any group of friends that people are wary of messing with because people know I have influence and that I know things, they just don't know how much I do.

I've been noted as having a calming effect on others who talk to me and I have never failed to get a person to open up to me when I wanted them to. I try my best to understand why people are the way they are and what they need to do to improve. I've often been accused of being unemotional and I admit that I do usually discuss heavy things with a smile on my face and a plethora of jokes. Though, I only do that to make the atmosphere lighter, I'm uncomfortable when someone is expressing no emotion as it makes it difficult to read them.

When it comes to my personal emotions, I am pretty hit-or-miss as majority of the time, I get mad over things that I know I shouldn't be. Whenever I do start to feel any emotion other than happiness, I shut down socially. My face goes blank and I say and do very little until I'm happy again. I will only break down in front of a very trusted friend. When I'm around people I like, I'm usually laughing at every little thing and joking.

I have my very own fashion sense and it's one of the things I've become known for. I like punk rock fashion mixed with bright colors and hip hop accessories. It's much more complicated than that, but that should give you the gist of it. I never keep a hairstyle longer than 6 months as I get bored of them. I like people to see my clothes and compliment as well as copy the styles. After I'm done wearing them of course.

Potential-spotting is another handy skill I have access to. Within minutes of meeting a person, I can decide if they fit in with my goals or if they will end up obstructing them later on. I can envision a future where this person is at the very pinnacle of their talents and try to convince them to chase that, even if it goes against plans they already have. I just really hate when a person wastes a perfectly good talent that someone else would've killed for.

Spontaneous people both interest and horrify me, people who "wing" their entire life. Their fearlessness leaves me in awe, but their utter lack of common sense sometimes is annoying. I normally try to have some kind of understanding of a situation before I jump in. I can be spontaneous only when I give myself some kind of guidelines first.

People fear that I have an unjust grip on the people around me because everyone takes my side even if I'm talking in circles. I have never used my status as leader to get them to rebel against their families or anything, I just encourage people to think for themselves and how their actions can impact the world and other people. I can "transfer" my emotions to another person if need be, but I prefer not to do that.

After certain people in my friend group started doing stupid as well as immoral things, I started turning my other friends against them. I warned my friends that if they kept doing those things that everyone would dislike them and pretended that I tried to defend them. Most people who see me from a distance think that I'm an indecisive person, but I'm pulling the strings. My friends all know that I'm very hard-headed and rarely give in to pressure.

Other than those friends who were going a different path, my friends bring the greatest pleasure to my life, I left home at 17 to begin living with my friend. I was completely alienated by my family so I decided my friends would be my family. My parents didn't mind and neither did I. My friends and I like to throw parties and do artsy things together. We all share our work together and have promised to all "make it" together. We normally meet up several times a week and work on stuff then go somewhere we've never been before. We often have people we know asking if they can come hang out with us because we seem so cool.

Many people think of me as some sort of cult leader or as a cold calculated chess master, playing everyone I can. If I can talk to people though, I can show them that people willingly follow me because I have a vision and I'm pretty good at predicting future actions. People defend me of their own volition.
I got scars and I'm afraid to show them. Only 2 people in my life even know that I struggle with depression and crippling pessimism at times. I could even be bipolar as my mother and 2 of my sisters are, but I don't wanna find out.

Most of the time, I feel nothing inside, but certain people can ignite the fire within me. I really only have three emotions: happy, angry, and sad. I crave to live with people who set their own rules and use their one life in the most fun way possible. Children are like that before they get indoctrinated at school, I enjoy hearing their perspectives on life and their dreams.
I wanna find someone I can love one day. For me, love is trust and before I can ask someone else for that, I must learn to trust myself and live my life my way. I care very deeply inside, but I come off as an emotionless bag of bones to a lot of people. I love people and I care more for others than they could ever know, it's just hard to show it. I normally make jokes about how much I care or go off on rants about love. I wanna adopt kids just so I could have something to love as well as biological kids. My family sucked so I wanna make my own ideal family with a beautiful house and wife etc.

Something I'm proud to have made is the life philosophy I created for my friends and I. Right now, I reluctantly call it "The Chase" for lack of a better name at the moment. I'm still fleshing it out of course as it's a little rough at the moment.

Essentially, it is a combination of Nihilism and Hedonism. The chase of pleasure not for it's own sake, but the chase of pleasure so your life can have meaning. It is a fight against time that you will eventually lose, but you must fight for as long as you can. That's the only way to truly be alive in such a cold world.

An excerpt from the book I'm writing on the subject:

"That purpose being a lifelong dedication to the 'Chasing of Explosions.' You see, everything worth having in this world is temporary. Money, love, friends, family, and youth all will pass against the strength of time. Time may heal all wounds, but it also destroys the beauty of life. Nature dies to be reborn, people and animals die. The ones who survive become completely different creatures as time hardens their mind, body, and soul.
All creatures never know pain until time comes and corrodes their life. Weakening strong bonds, erasing your loved ones, and claiming your youth. As you get older, time kills all happiness and leaves an idealist a cynic. Eventually you'll give into them and fade away as well, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't fight it.
I do not mean you should get stuck in the past, refusing to let go, you should look to staying ahead of time as long as you can by predicting and capitalizing on the beauty of the present.

People believe the way to reach happiness is to keep pace with time as it rains havoc upon their lives and takes away everything, diligently waiting for their own time to pass. I propose that instead of being buddies with time, you try to always move a few steps ahead, savoring the beauty of the moment before it is completely corrupted by time. You must jump into as many "explosions" as you can before time inevitably catches you and wipes you from existence.

"Explosions" are intense moments that give you a good burst of life. Emotionally, spiritually, and mentally, your life should be intense. Do not settle for anything less than that which gives you a feeling akin to riding a roller coaster. Life wasn't created just so everyone could go through the motions. Aside from a few small things, you should always be in the middle of an "explosion" experiencing the moment to the greatest extent that you possibly can. Do not live life on autopilot."

If you have any questions about my philosophy or my life, feel free to ask. I have nothing to hide.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually why get into MBTI?

You seem to have life made.

Shyner

Far from it my friend. I wanna improve my weaknesses if it's possible. I want to learn how to be assertive and I've heard MBTI/Socionics is good for self improvement.
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

Jellyfish1234

I'm not an expert by any means but I figured it might be fun and/or useful to try giving you my opinion on how you fit in with the type system.

You seem very Fe to me. ENFJ would be my best bet, based on what you said.

The things that make me think Fe are:

- You say that you easily see the potential in others and want them to fulfill that
- You seem to push your own morals and values over others' and try to get them to follow yours (getting everybody on the same page is part of Fe, I think. As far as I know, Fi would leave them alone to do what they felt was right, because everyone should follow their own compass)
- You're trying to enlighten others to your vision of life, and I'm assuming you're trying to get people on board with it, sharing your philosophy - again, spreading of values like that sounds Fe, from what I've read
- Your relationship to your emotions; feeling only a few things when ignited, most of the time feeling quite empty - I've heard is Fe related because Fe can struggle to connect to it's own feelings. Fi would know how it's feeling all the time, notice all the subtle changes. It bases its directions in life on how it's feeling, I think? It seems you have a better time dealing with other people's emotions than your own, which I'd attribute to Fe, and I also relate to that too and I identify as an Fe type.
- You like people copying your styles and complimenting it. Again this seems like Fe - wanting to influence others' behaviour and get people in the same mindset as yourself does not seem Fi, from what I know. I think Fi would find the idea of other people walking around in the world, looking like them, to be quite sad and reducing of their individualism. I think, anyway.

And because so much of what you said seems to shout Fe, I think Fe probably is a major function for you, probably dominant. You just seem very Fe.

This paragraph also seems very XXXJ (because it seems to lack Ne):

"Spontaneous people both interest and horrify me, people who "wing" their entire life. Their fearlessness leaves me in awe, but their utter lack of common sense sometimes is annoying. I normally try to have some kind of understanding of a situation before I jump in. I can be spontaneous only when I give myself some kind of guidelines first."

Next, I lean towards Ni over Si because:

- You seem to have a single vision for things which you carry out. I think if you had Si (and therefore Ne), your mindset would be more "I see lots of possibilities, lots of ways something could go wrong or right", I think.
- This paragraph just seems very Fe-Ni, seeing a singular vision (Ni) of somebody's potential (Fe) and wanting them to achieve that potential, and because someone else would kill to have that potential - the fact that your reasoning behind wanting them to achieve that goal seems to be focused on how it relates to other people (Fe), in a kind of web of the human population, just seems very Fe-Ni, from what I know of it.

"Potential-spotting is another handy skill I have access to. Within minutes of meeting a person, I can decide if they fit in with my goals or if they will end up obstructing them later on. I can envision a future where this person is at the very pinnacle of their talents and try to convince them to chase that, even if it goes against plans they already have. I just really hate when a person wastes a perfectly good talent that someone else would've killed for."

Also I doubt an Fi user would want to affect people's paths in such a way - I think they'd feel as though they were intruding on what they'd consider to be someone's personal journey, which should be about them finding their way them-self. I think.

Overall you just sound very Fe, and I think Ni makes more sense than Si, so I'm going to give you an official Jellyfish1234 type prediction - and my first one - as ENFJ! But, as I just implied, I am not experienced in typing people at all so you should take this with a grain of salt. At best, maybe it can be food for thought for you/others.

EDIT: If you want to explore ENFJ further, I'd recommend watching Michael Pierce's videos on YouTube. I haven't actually watched the ENFJ ones myself, which I probably should do before typing somebody as that type, but you might find them useful. Checking out his videos on any type you think you might be, also would probably be helpful. From what I gather, a lot of people relate to his descriptions. He even writes for Celebritytypes.com, I think.

Metis

ENFJ would be my best bet, based on what you said.

Was thinking the same, sounds like ENFJ.

[MENTION=27735]Zeego[/MENTION] posted a link to some ENFJ profile that resonated with a bunch of ENFJs, even though non-ENFJs are apparently less likely to believe it (to see it in any ENFJs). [MENTION=35934]Shyner[/MENTION], you can see what you think and if it applies to you: The most entertaining ENFJ profile I've read

Shyner

Thank you for the links, I had a sneaking suspicion that I was an Fe user, but wasn't 100% on it. Your explanation broke it down very good for me.

Shyner

Haha, I actually can relate to that description a whole lot. Do you have any guesses as to Enneagram?

Jellyfish1234

Personally I don't know Enneagram well at all so I can't give my opinion on that, but good luck! If you relate to that article a lot though, maybe looking at 8 is a good place to start, since that article seems to focus on E8 ENFJs.

Metis

Likewise about not having much of an opinion on enneagram. I think you could probably rule out 4, 7, and 9, though. 8 sounds like a possibility. :)

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJ.

The posters in this thread are off their face.

Last edited:

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

What brings you to that conclusion?

Sorry, it should have been a J, not P.
Here's a brief run-down.

You're clearly an extravert so that's that - you enjoy being around people etc etc.
You're materialistic, have your own fashion sense, want people to see what you're wearing etc etc you're a sensor.
You're a Thinker as you're shithouse with emotions and literally say most of the time you feel nothing inside so I'm highly doubtful you make your decisions based on anything F at all.
You're a Judger - you think you know best, you practically say you judge people upon meeting them lol, obvious J.

Ergo, ESTJ.

Everybody needs to stop smoking the NF crack.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry, it should have been a J, not P. Here's a brief run-down. You're clearly an extravert so that's that - you enjoy being around people etc etc. You're materialistic, have your own fashion sense, want people to see what you're wearing etc etc you're a sensor. You're a Thinker as you're shithouse with emotions and literally say most of the time you feel nothing inside so I'm highly doubtful you make your decisions based on anything F at all. You're a Judger - you think you know best, you practically say you judge people upon meeting them lol, obvious J. Ergo, ESTJ. Everybody needs to stop smoking the NF crack.

I see where you are coming from. However, we all technically subconsciously judge people when meeting them. Yet there are perceivers. I don't think that's the best grounds to go on.

Perceivers also can think they know best.

Also, I've definitely met Fe users in need of some self-development who describe themselves as "not feeling anything inside". Heck I know Fi users who have said that (well one, and I believe that's due to depression). Fe is positioned externally, it's narurally in tune to other people, group dynamics, and the needs and wants of others. It's a decision making process based off of that. Thus, it's all too possible for an Fe user to feel like they have lost their grip on their internal feelings and emotions. Of course, my understanding of Fe could be wrong, but that's the gist I get from it. An Fe user could probably explain better.

Then again, you're approach seems to be going based off dichotomies instead of cognitive functions. This can yield different results. Disregarding cognitive functions, I appear to essentially be an INFP. However, Ne is my dominant go to process, so I'm actually an ENFP despite my tendencies of being a bit of a shut-in.

Jellyfish1234

Sorry, it should have been a J, not P.
Here's a brief run-down.

You're clearly an extravert so that's that - you enjoy being around people etc etc.
You're materialistic, have your own fashion sense, want people to see what you're wearing etc etc you're a sensor.
You're a Thinker as you're shithouse with emotions and literally say most of the time you feel nothing inside so I'm highly doubtful you make your decisions based on anything F at all.
You're a Judger - you think you know best, you practically say you judge people upon meeting them lol, obvious J.

Ergo, ESTJ.

Everybody needs to stop smoking the NF crack.

I think you're using a very over simplified version of the theory. I'm saying this because I think it's important to correct misconceptions and such, and I know I was grateful when my misconceptions were ironed out by other people's perspectives so I'm hoping you'll feel the same way, but from what I understand of the theory, being a sensor isn't the same as being materialistic or liking your own fashion sense or wanting people to see what they look like. Being a thinker isn't about feeling less emotions, nor is being a feeler about feeling more emotions. I relate to Fe quite a lot and I have a really hard time identifying my own emotions and I often feel quite empty, but that doesn't mean I don't make a lot of my decisions with Fe criteria, because Fe doesn't always need the user to understand how they're feeling about a certain thing. It strives to be objective. And being a judger doesn't mean you judge people. All the J means in a 4 letter type is whether the first extroverted function is a judging function or a perceiving function. But I do agree that they are a judger, but for other reasons.

That's what I've learnt from reading and talking to others about the theory at least.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you're using a very over simplified version of the theory. I'm saying this because I think it's important to correct misconceptions and..

No, no, no.

I type according to the only version of mbti theory that has any empirical evidence to support it - the dichotomy.

The Harold Grant "cognitive functions" stack everyone adheres to has precise no credibility it had withstood exactly no empirical research and therefore I deem it invalid.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then again, you're approach seems to be going based off dichotomies instead of cognitive functions. This can yield different results. Disregarding cognitive functions, I appear to essentially be an INFP. However, Ne is my dominant go to process, so I'm actually an ENFP despite my tendencies of being a bit of a shut-in.

The Harold Grant cognitive functions stack has no empirical research or evidence to support it.

If you're an introvert, you're an I.
If you think you receive energy and gain inspiration from sources external to your body then you're an Extravert.

It's that simple.

Jellyfish1234

No, no, no.

I type according to the only version of mbti theory that has any empirical evidence to support it - the dichotomy.

The Harold Grant "cognitive functions" stack everyone adheres to has precise no credibility it had withstood exactly no empirical research and therefore I deem it invalid.

Oh, okay. I haven't seen the data so I'll take your word for it for now, but are you sure that J means judging people, even in dichotomy theory? Isn't the J usually attributed to planning and organisation? And isn't F about values and morals rather than emotions? I'm just basing those statements on my experience with dichotomy tests so I could be wrong of course.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, okay. I haven't seen the data so I'll take your word for it for now, but are you sure that J means judging people, even in dichotomy theory? Isn't the J usually attributed to planning and organisation? And isn't F about values and morals rather than emotions? I'm just basing those statements on my experience with dichotomy tests so I could be wrong of course.

J means a preference for making decisions.. closure.. etc.

F is about making decisions based off of your own personal values etc and/or the values of others - and feeling more comfortable with making decisions this way, than making them purely via cold hard logic.