First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

ESTJ.

The posters in this thread are off their face.
    Last edited by Turi; 12-10-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    ESTP. The posters in this thread are off their face.

What brings you to that conclusion?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Shyner View Post
    What brings you to that conclusion?
    Sorry, it should have been a J, not P.
    Here's a brief run-down.

You're clearly an extravert so that's that - you enjoy being around people etc etc.
    You're materialistic, have your own fashion sense, want people to see what you're wearing etc etc you're a sensor.
    You're a Thinker as you're shithouse with emotions and literally say most of the time you feel nothing inside so I'm highly doubtful you make your decisions based on anything F at all.
    You're a Judger - you think you know best, you practically say you judge people upon meeting them lol, obvious J.

Ergo, ESTJ.

Everybody needs to stop smoking the NF crack.

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Catholic. You're welcome
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Sorry, it should have been a J, not P. Here's a brief run-down. You're clearly an extravert so that's that - you enjoy being around people etc etc. You're materialistic, have your own fashion sense, want people to see what you're wearing etc etc you're a sensor. You're a Thinker as you're shithouse with emotions and literally say most of the time you feel nothing inside so I'm highly doubtful you make your decisions based on anything F at all. You're a Judger - you think you know best, you practically say you judge people upon meeting them lol, obvious J. Ergo, ESTJ. Everybody needs to stop smoking the NF crack.
    I see where you are coming from. However, we all technically subconsciously judge people when meeting them. Yet there are perceivers. I don't think that's the best grounds to go on.

Perceivers also can think they know best.

Also, I've definitely met Fe users in need of some self-development who describe themselves as "not feeling anything inside". Heck I know Fi users who have said that (well one, and I believe that's due to depression). Fe is positioned externally, it's narurally in tune to other people, group dynamics, and the needs and wants of others. It's a decision making process based off of that. Thus, it's all too possible for an Fe user to feel like they have lost their grip on their internal feelings and emotions. Of course, my understanding of Fe could be wrong, but that's the gist I get from it. An Fe user could probably explain better.

Then again, you're approach seems to be going based off dichotomies instead of cognitive functions. This can yield different results. Disregarding cognitive functions, I appear to essentially be an INFP. However, Ne is my dominant go to process, so I'm actually an ENFP despite my tendencies of being a bit of a shut-in.
    Likes Jellyfish1234 liked this post

Sorry, it should have been a J, not P.
    Here's a brief run-down.

You're clearly an extravert so that's that - you enjoy being around people etc etc.
    You're materialistic, have your own fashion sense, want people to see what you're wearing etc etc you're a sensor.
    You're a Thinker as you're shithouse with emotions and literally say most of the time you feel nothing inside so I'm highly doubtful you make your decisions based on anything F at all.
    You're a Judger - you think you know best, you practically say you judge people upon meeting them lol, obvious J.

Ergo, ESTJ.

Everybody needs to stop smoking the NF crack.
    I think you're using a very over simplified version of the theory. I'm saying this because I think it's important to correct misconceptions and such, and I know I was grateful when my misconceptions were ironed out by other people's perspectives so I'm hoping you'll feel the same way, but from what I understand of the theory, being a sensor isn't the same as being materialistic or liking your own fashion sense or wanting people to see what they look like. Being a thinker isn't about feeling less emotions, nor is being a feeler about feeling more emotions. I relate to Fe quite a lot and I have a really hard time identifying my own emotions and I often feel quite empty, but that doesn't mean I don't make a lot of my decisions with Fe criteria, because Fe doesn't always need the user to understand how they're feeling about a certain thing. It strives to be objective. And being a judger doesn't mean you judge people. All the J means in a 4 letter type is whether the first extroverted function is a judging function or a perceiving function. But I do agree that they are a judger, but for other reasons.

That's what I've learnt from reading and talking to others about the theory at least.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish1234 View Post
    I think you're using a very over simplified version of the theory. I'm saying this because I think it's important to correct misconceptions and..
    No, no, no.

I type according to the only version of mbti theory that has any empirical evidence to support it - the dichotomy.

The Harold Grant "cognitive functions" stack everyone adheres to has precise no credibility it had withstood exactly no empirical research and therefore I deem it invalid.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post

Then again, you're approach seems to be going based off dichotomies instead of cognitive functions. This can yield different results. Disregarding cognitive functions, I appear to essentially be an INFP. However, Ne is my dominant go to process, so I'm actually an ENFP despite my tendencies of being a bit of a shut-in.
    The Harold Grant cognitive functions stack has no empirical research or evidence to support it.

If you're an introvert, you're an I.
    If you think you receive energy and gain inspiration from sources external to your body then you're an Extravert.

It's that simple.

No, no, no.

I type according to the only version of mbti theory that has any empirical evidence to support it - the dichotomy.

The Harold Grant "cognitive functions" stack everyone adheres to has precise no credibility it had withstood exactly no empirical research and therefore I deem it invalid.
    Oh, okay. I haven't seen the data so I'll take your word for it for now, but are you sure that J means judging people, even in dichotomy theory? Isn't the J usually attributed to planning and organisation? And isn't F about values and morals rather than emotions? I'm just basing those statements on my experience with dichotomy tests so I could be wrong of course.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish1234 View Post
    Oh, okay. I haven't seen the data so I'll take your word for it for now, but are you sure that J means judging people, even in dichotomy theory? Isn't the J usually attributed to planning and organisation? And isn't F about values and morals rather than emotions? I'm just basing those statements on my experience with dichotomy tests so I could be wrong of course.
    J means a preference for making decisions.. closure.. etc.

F is about making decisions based off of your own personal values etc and/or the values of others - and feeling more comfortable with making decisions this way, than making them purely via cold hard logic.