• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Care to type me guys? First attempt here on Typologycentral :)

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
Hi guys, nice to meet you, I already made a thread in the enneagram subforum, I would like to get your insight about my possible type :)
It's almost an year that I delved into MBTI, and find mostly no answer to what I really am; I made some post in the Socionics forum and I've been typed there a type that I really think doesn't fit, I'll tell you later if you want! Thanks anyone that would take the time to read thorugh my rants :p

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
Love is the strongest force that moves us, and really complete us, it comes in many forms and have different appeareances, but I believe in the idea of finding a soulmate that would accompany me for my life, that would be one of the strongest forms of love for me.
Beauty, on the other side, it's quite hard to define, I'd just say beauty is in everything, especially in nature, a wonderful landscape is waht comes to my mind when I hear the word beauty.

2. What are your most important values?

Believe in myself and in others, to accomplish every goal that we set our mind and face together the struggles that will come to us; I beliave in loyalty, honesty, politeness and kindess, I try to be there for every of my loved ones and help them in any way possible, while, of course, looking for my path and try to relax from the stress of reality.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I love learning about every different religion and their values, I was born in a christian setting, but I find that what I most believe in is not a God in the literal sense, but something that keeps the flow of energy around us going and make everything work perfectly, I find myself near the Buddhist and Induist principles

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I'm a pacifist, I don't believe war could solve anything, but, unluckily, we need efficent armies to defend ourselves from those who don't seek harmony and balance. Power is, in literal sense, the individual will-power of everyone, that could be adapted and applied in many different forms, but, unfortunately, people who have money have also the power in the rotten society we live in

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I had the longest discussions about how could I help people with their love affairs, probaby xD But one of the most interesting I had was about ethics and religion, also applied to science. My interests are mainly video games, movies and music, but I enjoy, every once in a while, some non fictional readings about social sciences and natural science, because I care deeply about social issues and, for the natural science part, I love every single thing of nature and learning about it.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yeah, mostly about the medical research part, not very much about health; I try to look after y body, but I have many troubles about sleeping simply because I find it boring, but I know when I need to relax, even if it take me a while xD
7. What do you think of daily chores?
Necessary to keep things go smoothly and the room clean, quite boring to do so xD

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
My favorite movie is Into the Wild because it's a freaking guy who leaves every comfort to make again the primal connection with nature, changing perople's lives in the way to do so. My favorite book probably is Tales from Earthsea because is a mastahpiece of psychological fantasy
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Unfortunately, I don0t know why, I never cry, for real , even when I feel the urge to do so :( But yeah, probably I shed a little tear when moved by movies or operas/ tears of joy during live shows; On the oppoiste, I'm quite a cheerful guy and I love to have fun, taking everything kinda lightly and with a positive look; The last time I really felt dead inside is when I broke up with my former girlfriend (we were really young, but had big plans for the future), while last time I was pretty happy is when my ex girlfriend (another one xD) accepted me as her fiancèè while thinking I didn't had a chance
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
When I am thanked by the people around me I feel a strong bond, also I feel a lot of emotions when I manage to completely identify inside a video game (especially RPGs), but, IRL, I find myself in complete harmony when I am with friends on trips, especially if in nature, or when we have a holiday together (especially with my 2 best friends)

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Some people say I am too laid back and too kind with others, even when they don't deserve it, or when I become quite indecisive about my future (it happened a lot of time last years, especially about university, I had a realkly hard time to choose and lost 2 years); I dislike being quite the overthinker, caring too much about my future to focus on the present and not getting work done, I'm trying to change thuis attitude of mine and enjoy a more present pace.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I trust a lot my insight and my gut feeling, especially in seizing people up and get them, or just foresee some events because I expected so (I'm too cautious for my own good, and sometimes too impulsive if I realy too much on this xD); I like about myself the idea of being there for my friends.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Mostly getting work done in a systematical and ordinate way, and trying to get out of my indecision

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
It takes me a while to realize it, when stressed or pushed to the limit I lash out at others, become cynical and aggressive and not caring at all of where I'm investing my energies on or wuth others , ending up feeling caged or stuck in the circumstances, impossibilitated to make a change about it. It ends up with a terrible sensation of laziness and indolence, feeling completely tired and just indulging in trivial things

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
People who look out for other and have a polite and welcoming attitude, with an opennes to share their experience and not judging others.
I get along quite well with F types, especially ExFx, but I had some xNTx friends too with who I love to share my ideas and visions or thoughts.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I have an unsatiable libido, especially with my fiancee, and won't be afraid of trying strange things (except violent or humiliating BSDM) xD But romance and sex are two faces of the same coin, and I think one couldn't exclude other, but I never had (and probably won't enjoy) random sexual intercourse, they would leave me empty (in all senses)

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
To make him/her sure that I would always be there for him/her and it should trust me completely, feeling unjudged and accepted in every way; I would teach the ethical basis of being a good person and trying to help him/her look for the path in life that is needed for him/her without imposing anything and respecting others; I would leave him/her free, but not too much, I need to keep him/her under my protective wing, working hard for his/her independence, becuase I believe that everyone should be free of choosing his personal way or path and his beliefs, respecting others' in any way possible because free speech is one of the most importyant values, our ancestors in the world worked hard (and are still working) to guarantee it, we should be grateful.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I would calmy ask him to back it up with a good explanation and would strive to understand the other's pov, even probably changing my approach or my pov completely to learn about it better, switching perspectives and learning some new things.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

The most prevalent social problem is the poverty - richness extreme opposites that sacrifice the good of many for the good of few, egoistic people that don't give anything in exchange; People are born to collaborate and achieve great things together, but everyone, at the end of the day, unfortunately, look after his personal gain and the oppressed one, in the recent times, are afraid to rebel because they don't have any means to do so

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I kinda trust in my strong impressions of people, and usually am right about who I choose as a friend; this isn't mean to sound cocky D: It's just that I'm really cautious about showing my true colors, preferring to look for common ground and eventually later, when a little bond of trust is settled, starting to show my true colors, gaining lifetime friendships, but I am really open and people like to open with me when they start to learn about them :)

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I am quite open and love to socialize, but I hardly start to talk when I'm alone, preferring to keep me to myself, but, if a friend invites me out in a group of her/his, I suddenly became really open and love talking with everyone :D

Thanks everyone for the patience, hope you'll have a splendid week!
Cheers :)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm getting a very strong 9w1 sx/so vibe from you (though I suppose instinctual variant could be wrong). Your tonality throughout this was positive in nature and focused on your connections with others and the upkeep of harmonious relationships. You seem somewhat adventurous, though not to the extreme, so you probably have a 6w7 fix in there, perhaps a 2w1 fix too just to push you ethic focus. From this alone, you sort of come across as an ISFJ or even an INFP rather than an INTP as your profile suggests, purely because I see too much healthy usage of a feeling function for you to be a dominant thinking type.

Jackobus

Enneagram
3w2
[MENTION=28503]Terralynn[/MENTION] [MENTION=34313]RooibosKrayfish[/MENTION] thanks a lot for the reply!
Well, so far now I'm having a lot of troubles figuring out my type, that's why I doubted to have Fi for a bunch of time, while your enneagram analysis is definitely on spot!
Yes, the peculair thing is that I somehow appear different in different "eyes", what I mean is that Socionics people typed me as LII - INTP by videotyping and asking a bunch of questions, I took it for granted and really started to think I valued Ti so much, but I definitely have a very very strong focus on ethics and feeling type, even if I always try to keep an open minded style and seeing different points of view before formulating my judgment (but it's something I learned recently, in the past, especially in high school - middle shcool I was really judgmental with people and excluded them just because had little different ethichs from myself)
I'm quite confused, also, because all around Personalitycafè people thought I came across as ESFx, that's pretty curious, while people IRL (that know just a bit about MBTI, but I know several INTPs) had definitely said that I am not at all INTP, rather I come across as a EF kind of guy, and I can definitely understand why!
Sorry for the confusion, I am really troubled about MBTI in my mind for all of these things :')
Thanks again for the patience and the replies