• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think my type is? IXXX?!!!

SwimmerGal97

Hiya, I'm fairly certain I'm an introvert but beyond that I'm not sure what my type is! I filled in this questionnaire as honestly as I could, any thoughts on type or functions that stand out?

Section A: The Basics

Describe your ideal day/night in.

Food and films! I would start waking early and make myself breakfast (waffles with syrup and fresh fruit) and watch the sun rise. I’d spend the morning just catching up on the news, check my emails, do some drawing. Seeing as I’m confined to the house I’d spend a few hours watching my favourite daytime TV shows (Grand Designs, Escape to the Country, Love your Garden etc…yes, I’m that sad. I have a soft spot for property shows) and just eat my favourite snacks. In the evening I’d make a meal- my comfort is usually a lasagne or pork and apple sausages with sweet potato wedges, caramelised red onion and a boat load of thick gravy. And dessert (apple crumble and custard is my go to). Then I’d retreat to my room where I’d curl up under a blanket in my pjs with my yummy food and watch a film.

Describe your ideal day/night out.
A warm breakfast then out of the house as soon as possible. It’s winter here so I’ll go with my ideal winter day. I’d have a steaming bowl of porridge then the family and I would head out to a National Park for a frosty walk through a forest, over the moors, by a lake etc. I’d have amazing photographic opportunities and it would feel really remote, like we were the only people in the world. We’d head to the local villages where I’d admire the quaint stone cottages with their painted front doors and wish for the zillionth time I lived somewhere rural. Then we’d make it to the local pub for a proper pub lunch and a hot chocolate (with marshmallows obviously). Given that it’s winter we’d probably head home quite early and I’m not really into going out in terms of clubs so we’d just have a chill evening in front of the fire then an early bed after an exhausting hike!
In summer the National Park would be a beach where I’d spend all day alternating between body boarding and sunbathing with a mid afternoon walk for some stunning beach photography. We’d get fresh, local fish and chips and icecream for lunch, have a BBQ on the beach and watch the sunset at tea time then go for a short walk under the stars on a clear summers night before heading to bed.

List five things you like about yourself.
My ability to see things from multiple perspectives, I can be an efficient leader, I appreciate the little things in life like the changing seasons naturally, I have an artistic eye so can create pretty good images with pencils, paint or a camera

List five things you dislike about yourself.
I’m fickle and change my mind a lot, I tend to isolate myself, I think too much about the future and how things will be better when ‘X’ has happened, I’m socially a little awkward, I procrastinate way too much

What do you consider your skills/qualities?
Getting along with a wide variety of people. It might be an act but I’m very good at working out how another person works and getting them to agree with me. I don’t really do this a lot but it’s useful for things like group projects when you need clashing personalities to work together to get a job done. Often I surprise myself in that I can almost always ‘dig a little deeper’ and find a way to push through something difficult even when I thought I’d quit.

Section B: Digging Deeper

What is your general outlook on life/the world?

There’s so much out there- but I don’t know what to do or what I’m doing. There is no right or wrong really. I think life is what you make it.

Do you believe you have a purpose in life? If so, what is it?
I’d love to have a purpose and know what I’m meant to do but alas I don’t. Or if I do, I have no clue what it is. I’ve always felt restless and not quite satisfied. Maybe there’s something I’ll find to help that feeling or maybe it comes from within and I’ll feel satisfied through routine and just living day to day. Whatever the answer- I don’t know what it is yet. People say it’s common to feel like that in your twenties but I’ve felt like that all my life.

How do you typically bond with other people? (i.e. slowly or quickly, through what type of activities, etc.)
Veeeery slowly. I can be friendly with most, even if I’m not great at holding a conversation I can find common ground and some sort of connection with most people. However it’s generally a very shallow connection, one to just fit in. The only people I feel really bonded to are my very close family and pets. Friendships tend to come and go, people kind of slip out of my life and I admittedly don’t make much of effort to maintain those relationships.

What do you find yourself thinking about most frequently?
Memories, the future and general daydreams. Fond memories provide comfort and I enjoy thinking about my options, even though I know they’re often farfetched, without actually committing to anything. My daydreams are kinda like a bad fantasy film or novel…often they involve ordinary settings but with magic and me beating up some bad guys and being cool and sassy.

What are you most afraid of?
Life passing me by and me having done nothing and still feeling discontent. Ending up just going through life in a daze, living in a place I don’t like, doing a job I don’t like.

What traits do you admire in others?
Confidence, people who know their own mind yet aren’t completely closeminded or ignorant. Those who strike the balance between being able to stand up for themselves and being tough without thinking it means they have to be stand-offish or confrontational or prove how independent and tough they are. They’re qualities I think I have but want to continually develop.

What traits annoy you in others?
Angry, confrontational, bullying people. People who continually belittle others due to their own insecurities. People who post on social media about drink/drugs thinking it makes them look cool and mature when they just look like idiots. Oh and also people who get waaay too intense in relationships really soon or make posts about how much they miss or love their S/O with ridiculous emojis (especially the monkey....they monkey annoys me). I'm the least romantic person on the planet even when in a relationship....perhaps that's why mine never work!

What was your childhood like?
Happy! My parents gave me as much as they could, I had a good size homes and holidays that I’ll remember forever. I was quite a bossy child and a suck up in school. I excelled in art and English, was good at science and had practically no grasp of maths. I was really good at those visual puzzles in the 11+ though! I was book obsessed- the more books in the series, we’re talking over 50 books in a series! Unicorns, mermaids, fairies…anything magical. It’s where I’ve got my tendency to daydream about everyday life interspersed with magic. I was kinda bossy and when I was very young (around 10 ish) I would take on every leadership role I could. School councillor, eco councillor, road safety officer, office monitor, library monitor, playground monitor….however as I got older I lost interest in leading and taking on those sorts of roles. I’m still a fair and very efficient leader when I need to be though (according to my tutor, not me being arrogant there!).

What do you want most for yourself?

To feel content. Somehow. I’m not interested in fancy jobs or cars. I just want to work out what makes me happy.
I often feel very conflicted between my ‘sensible’ and ‘optimistic’ sides. One side says to get a degree and learn to appreciate what I have. The other side says what’s sensible about settling for what you don’t really enjoy? I often have urges to run away and start fresh. I don’t give into these urges though because otherwise I’d end up with no degree, no job, no nothing. But a part of me says ‘so what? Go and find something that genuinely makes you happy!’. Interestingly though, I’m actually drawn to things that are familiar. I don’t really like trying new things…which is all very contradictory! I just feel very restless and maybe should force myself out of my comfort zone a bit more.

What do you want most for others?
For them to get on with their lives and make choices without other people getting involved (particularly thinking about people who get pressured by their parents to follow particular careers. I’ve no doubt that parents have the best intentions 99.9% of the time but I think it should be personal choice).

Section C: Interests and Values

What are your favorite things to talk about?

I’m not particularly chatty but anything from the weather, to what I did at weekend to future plans I’ve made.

What are the five most important things to you?
Family, pets, food, having my own time, feeling content

What do you think the world needs more of?
People who appreciate that the formal education system sucks and there’s more important things than being mega rich and having fancy things. I’m a student and frequently feel pressured that unless I follow the GCSE- A-level- Degree - Graduate placement mould then I’m a failure even though I know that’s not the case. I’ve spent years having people tell me that I have to do things a certain way and that certain choices will leave me with no life prospects, that the most important thing is that I get a good degree and respectable job. And there’s always tension when I push back and say actually, this is all a load of rubbish. Why would I do a degree I don’t want to end up in a job I don’t want so I could get a decent house and other things that I ‘d never have the time to appreciate because I’m always working my crappy job? No thankyou.

What do you think the world needs less of?
People who get offended over every tiny thing.

What is your favourite quote? What significance does it hold for you and why?
I don’t really have a favourite quote but ones I often think ‘tomorrow is another day’. For me it’s about not letting anything negative influence me for extended periods of time and reminding myself that I am in control of my life. Sure, all actions have consequences and practicalities that need to be put in place but what’s actually stopping me from quitting everything and starting fresh? I find that a lot of the time when people say they ‘can’t’ do something it’s because they’re scared of the outcome not being like they hoped, or because sometimes it’s easier to just blame someone else for your misery rather than risking failing and admitted to everyone you massively c*cked up.
The other one that stands out to me is ‘where there’s a will there’s a way’. Pretty self explanatory. If you want something enough then you make it happen. Or else you didn’t want it all that much. Circumstances might prevent something from happening regardless of how hard a person tries, but it reminds me to think 'have I really exhausted all my options?'

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Everything here sounds like INFJ. I mean every last detail.

A lot of it sounds a bit INFP-ish as well, but all the stuff about leadership, the stuff about fearing having accomplished nothing in life, all the stuff about being torn between pleasing others and doing your own thing, about being imaginative and yet liking routine/familiar things, etc. --is more INFJ.

SwimmerGal97

Everything here sounds like INFJ. I mean every last detail.

A lot of it sounds a bit INFP-ish as well, but all the stuff about leadership, the stuff about fearing having accomplished nothing in life, all the stuff about being torn between pleasing others and doing your own thing, about being imaginative and yet liking routine/familiar things, etc. --is more INFJ.

Thanks for your reply! Interesting that I usually get S types, not N ones although I'm open to any type. I don't know if it makes any difference but I just wanted to clarify that my feeling torn is more of an internal safety and security vs adventure and risk. It's not to do with pleasing others. I might listen to some advice from very close family but their wishes for me and my life don't come on to my radar. I very much consider it my life, my choices, my conseqeuences and others don't have anything to do with it

I've heard the contradictory nature is pretty common amongst INFJs though. I have to say it's not a type I've previously considered properly- I'm always a tad skeptical of INFJ because every man and his dog claims to be one! I had a friend at school who was an INFJ and she was textbook- spiritual, moral, cared about others, volunteered, ran a church group, followed rules, was very emotional. We were total opposites though! Although two people of the same type aren't automatically identical

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for your reply! Interesting that I usually get S types, not N ones although I'm open to any type. I don't know if it makes any difference but I just wanted to clarify that my feeling torn is more of an internal safety and security vs adventure and risk. It's not to do with pleasing others. I might listen to some advice from very close family but their wishes for me and my life don't come on to my radar. I very much consider it my life, my choices, my conseqeuences and others don't have anything to do with it

I've heard the contradictory nature is pretty common amongst INFJs though. I have to say it's not a type I've previously considered properly- I'm always a tad skeptical of INFJ because every man and his dog claims to be one! I had a friend at school who was an INFJ and she was textbook- spiritual, moral, cared about others, volunteered, ran a church group, followed rules, was very emotional. We were total opposites though! Although two people of the same type aren't automatically identical

Oh, in that case then, I'm not so sure.

I did notice that a lot of what you're into has to do with sensory pleasures, and you described them in a lot of detail. But I didn't want to assume that you were a Sensor because of that. Maybe I should have considered that more.

Perhaps ISFJ then? That was going to be my second guess.

In fact, maybe that's why you get picked for all those leadership roles, but as you say, you're not really as involved with things as an INFJ.

ISFJs are "Behind The Scenes", as opposed to INFJs, who are "Chart-The-Course." That leads to ISFJs avoiding more obvious leadership roles, while INFJs are more likely to take them if no one else will.

This is called "Interaction Styles". Check this out if you're not familiar with it: Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

Hope that helps. :)

SwimmerGal97

Oh, in that case then, I'm not so sure.

I did notice that a lot of what you're into has to do with sensory pleasures, and you described them in a lot of detail. But I didn't want to assume that you were a Sensor because of that. Maybe I should have considered that more.

Perhaps ISFJ then? That was going to be my second guess.

In fact, maybe that's why you get picked for all those leadership roles, but as you say, you're not really as involved with things as an INFJ.

ISFJs are "Behind The Scenes", as opposed to INFJs, who are "Chart-The-Course." That leads to ISFJs avoiding more obvious leadership roles, while INFJs are more likely to take them if no one else will.

This is called "Interaction Styles". Check this out if you're not familiar with it: Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the link! I definitely to the 'behind the scenes' person. But also 'chart-the-course' stood out as being very similar to me as well. Out of interest do you know if there's any way of narrowing down the types within the categories (like two people might belong to the same category but one would see traits of themselves in another category wheres the second person might see traits in a different one too?)? It's left me with ISFJ, INFP, ISFP and INTP in the BTS section and if I take into consideration the CTC ones then they're INFJ, ISTP, INTJ and ISTJ. So that suggests I'm definitely an introverted type!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hiya, I'm fairly certain I'm an introvert but beyond that I'm not sure what my type is! I filled in this questionnaire as honestly as I could, any thoughts on type or functions that stand out?

Section A: The Basics

Describe your ideal day/night in.

Food and films! I would start waking early and make myself breakfast (waffles with syrup and fresh fruit) and watch the sun rise. I’d spend the morning just catching up on the news, check my emails, do some drawing. Seeing as I’m confined to the house I’d spend a few hours watching my favourite daytime TV shows (Grand Designs, Escape to the Country, Love your Garden etc…yes, I’m that sad. I have a soft spot for property shows) and just eat my favourite snacks. In the evening I’d make a meal- my comfort is usually a lasagne or pork and apple sausages with sweet potato wedges, caramelised red onion and a boat load of thick gravy. And dessert (apple crumble and custard is my go to). Then I’d retreat to my room where I’d curl up under a blanket in my pjs with my yummy food and watch a film.

So essentially, you have an established routine that you are most happy and comfortable with? ;p
It sounds like Si, not going to go and pick where exactly it'll be in your stacking until I read the rest of this, but I'm hesitant to say that it'll be in your dominant role.

Describe your ideal day/night out.
A warm breakfast then out of the house as soon as possible. It’s winter here so I’ll go with my ideal winter day. I’d have a steaming bowl of porridge then the family and I would head out to a National Park for a frosty walk through a forest, over the moors, by a lake etc. I’d have amazing photographic opportunities and it would feel really remote, like we were the only people in the world. We’d head to the local villages where I’d admire the quaint stone cottages with their painted front doors and wish for the zillionth time I lived somewhere rural. Then we’d make it to the local pub for a proper pub lunch and a hot chocolate (with marshmallows obviously). Given that it’s winter we’d probably head home quite early and I’m not really into going out in terms of clubs so we’d just have a chill evening in front of the fire then an early bed after an exhausting hike!
In summer the National Park would be a beach where I’d spend all day alternating between body boarding and sunbathing with a mid afternoon walk for some stunning beach photography. We’d get fresh, local fish and chips and icecream for lunch, have a BBQ on the beach and watch the sunset at tea time then go for a short walk under the stars on a clear summers night before heading to bed.

My mind totally hazed while reading all of the details here but I also appreciate your feverish excitement in your answer at the same time. You sound quite like the artist yourself!
When you wrote that you want to get out of the house as soon as possible and go on to have this eventful adventure, it really reminds me a lot of Se and I wonder if that could be in your dominant or auxiliary, but then I am confused since I've felt the Si in your previous questions so I wonder if maybe I am misreading this entire thing. Do you like going out and doing things everyday, whether its alone or with others, or is this something you can handle every once in a while?

List five things you like about yourself.
My ability to see things from multiple perspectives, I can be an efficient leader, I appreciate the little things in life like the changing seasons naturally, I have an artistic eye so can create pretty good images with pencils, paint or a camera

The multiple perspectives thing, it reminds me of some of my friends who use and treasure Ne to think outside of the box and 'trying' on many different hats of ideas at once, even if it's just for fun. Can you think of a time when you had to see things from multiple perspectives, and how did that looked from the outside?

List five things you dislike about yourself.
I’m fickle and change my mind a lot, I tend to isolate myself, I think too much about the future and how things will be better when ‘X’ has happened, I’m socially a little awkward, I procrastinate way too much

"I think too much about the future and how things will be better when 'X' has happened." this suddenly strikes me as Ni but not as something that Ni leading types (INxJ) do when they use it. It seems to be used lower in your stacking, either in your tert or as an inferior function. Suddenly, ISFP or even ESFP may be a good match for you, but alas, I shall read on.

What do you consider your skills/qualities?
Getting along with a wide variety of people. It might be an act but I’m very good at working out how another person works and getting them to agree with me. I don’t really do this a lot but it’s useful for things like group projects when you need clashing personalities to work together to get a job done. Often I surprise myself in that I can almost always ‘dig a little deeper’ and find a way to push through something difficult even when I thought I’d quit.

:notype: I'm skipping this for now.

Section B: Digging Deeper

What is your general outlook on life/the world?

There’s so much out there- but I don’t know what to do or what I’m doing. There is no right or wrong really. I think life is what you make it.

The more I'm reading your answers, the more convinced I'm beginning to think that you are Fi leading or at the very least, use Fi and hold it very high regards. And I most certainly agree with you on that last part there!

Do you believe you have a purpose in life? If so, what is it?
I’d love to have a purpose and know what I’m meant to do but alas I don’t. Or if I do, I have no clue what it is. I’ve always felt restless and not quite satisfied. Maybe there’s something I’ll find to help that feeling or maybe it comes from within and I’ll feel satisfied through routine and just living day to day. Whatever the answer- I don’t know what it is yet. People say it’s common to feel like that in your twenties but I’ve felt like that all my life.

By any chance, are you 20 years old? If so, all of these feelings are pretty typical to have at that age. I mean, you still got your puppy fluff and all of that, so I wouldn't stress too much over it.

How do you typically bond with other people? (i.e. slowly or quickly, through what type of activities, etc.)
Veeeery slowly. I can be friendly with most, even if I’m not great at holding a conversation I can find common ground and some sort of connection with most people. However it’s generally a very shallow connection, one to just fit in. The only people I feel really bonded to are my very close family and pets. Friendships tend to come and go, people kind of slip out of my life and I admittedly don’t make much of effort to maintain those relationships.

Hm. I am almost attempting to designate these actions down to the cognitive functions, but just to be on the safe side, I'll put :notype: for now.

What do you find yourself thinking about most frequently?
Memories, the future and general daydreams. Fond memories provide comfort and I enjoy thinking about my options, even though I know they’re often farfetched, without actually committing to anything. My daydreams are kinda like a bad fantasy film or novel…often they involve ordinary settings but with magic and me beating up some bad guys and being cool and sassy.

"Fond memories provide comfort and I enjoy thinking about my options, even though I know they’re often farfetched, without actually committing to anything." The first part sounds like tert Si (Tert is your relief function, something you use for fun, in a way.) and the second part sort of sounds like Ne to me in that you probably brainstorm over this a lot and go in many general directions of what the future may hold. The without actually committing to anything sorta cements this for me.

What are you most afraid of?
Life passing me by and me having done nothing and still feeling discontent. Ending up just going through life in a daze, living in a place I don’t like, doing a job I don’t like.

Fi as frick, to be honest. This is every Fi user's worst nightmare.

What traits do you admire in others?
Confidence, people who know their own mind yet aren’t completely closeminded or ignorant. Those who strike the balance between being able to stand up for themselves and being tough without thinking it means they have to be stand-offish or confrontational or prove how independent and tough they are. They’re qualities I think I have but want to continually develop.

You're really gonna love being in a relationship with an ENFJ someday, I guarantee it. :p

What traits annoy you in others?
Angry, confrontational, bullying people. People who continually belittle others due to their own insecurities. People who post on social media about drink/drugs thinking it makes them look cool and mature when they just look like idiots. Oh and also people who get waaay too intense in relationships really soon or make posts about how much they miss or love their S/O with ridiculous emojis (especially the monkey....they monkey annoys me). I'm the least romantic person on the planet even when in a relationship....perhaps that's why mine never work!

:notype: but just to add a note that I hope doesn't sound condescending, I just want you to know that relationships at your age are pretty, well, flighty despite the initial intensity. It's good that you don't fall for grand schemes of romantic gestures when you know for sure that the other person may not even be who they say they are.

What was your childhood like?
Happy! My parents gave me as much as they could, I had a good size homes and holidays that I’ll remember forever. I was quite a bossy child and a suck up in school. I excelled in art and English, was good at science and had practically no grasp of maths. I was really good at those visual puzzles in the 11+ though! I was book obsessed- the more books in the series, we’re talking over 50 books in a series! Unicorns, mermaids, fairies…anything magical. It’s where I’ve got my tendency to daydream about everyday life interspersed with magic. I was kinda bossy and when I was very young (around 10 ish) I would take on every leadership role I could. School councillor, eco councillor, road safety officer, office monitor, library monitor, playground monitor….however as I got older I lost interest in leading and taking on those sorts of roles. I’m still a fair and very efficient leader when I need to be though (according to my tutor, not me being arrogant there!).

I'm seeing a pattern here. I feel as though you almost pride yourself at being this super busy body 'take no crap from nobody' personality that isn't even 100% natural to you. Almost like you are playing within your shadow functions because the real you might be deemed inefficient or not up to the standards you set for yourself or from society at large. It's like I'm reading a bio from an ESTJ toddler wielding a plastic hammer.. which is no way of me putting you down or making fun of you, lol, just so we are clear!

What do you want most for yourself?
To feel content. Somehow. I’m not interested in fancy jobs or cars. I just want to work out what makes me happy.
I often feel very conflicted between my ‘sensible’ and ‘optimistic’ sides. One side says to get a degree and learn to appreciate what I have. The other side says what’s sensible about settling for what you don’t really enjoy? I often have urges to run away and start fresh. I don’t give into these urges though because otherwise I’d end up with no degree, no job, no nothing. But a part of me says ‘so what? Go and find something that genuinely makes you happy!’. Interestingly though, I’m actually drawn to things that are familiar. I don’t really like trying new things…which is all very contradictory! I just feel very restless and maybe should force myself out of my comfort zone a bit more.

I find that folks with tert Si are surprisingly clingy to old traditions even when the new is shown and proven to be much better for them. They seem future oriented and seem hyped about it, but then when the push comes to shove, they run and hide into the world of familiarity as a way to ease themselves. Sounds like you?

What do you want most for others?
For them to get on with their lives and make choices without other people getting involved (particularly thinking about people who get pressured by their parents to follow particular careers. I’ve no doubt that parents have the best intentions 99.9% of the time but I think it should be personal choice).

I agree with you. Fi.

Section C: Interests and Values

What are your favorite things to talk about?

I’m not particularly chatty but anything from the weather, to what I did at weekend to future plans I’ve made.

:notype:

What are the five most important things to you?
Family, pets, food, having my own time, feeling content

What do you think the world needs more of?
People who appreciate that the formal education system sucks and there’s more important things than being mega rich and having fancy things. I’m a student and frequently feel pressured that unless I follow the GCSE- A-level- Degree - Graduate placement mould then I’m a failure even though I know that’s not the case. I’ve spent years having people tell me that I have to do things a certain way and that certain choices will leave me with no life prospects, that the most important thing is that I get a good degree and respectable job. And there’s always tension when I push back and say actually, this is all a load of rubbish. Why would I do a degree I don’t want to end up in a job I don’t want so I could get a decent house and other things that I ‘d never have the time to appreciate because I’m always working my crappy job? No thankyou.

You got a good head on your shoulders, that I can tell very much. I'm proud that you have this much wisdom at such a young age.

What do you think the world needs less of?
People who get offended over every tiny thing.

lol

What is your favourite quote? What significance does it hold for you and why?
I don’t really have a favourite quote but ones I often think ‘tomorrow is another day’. For me it’s about not letting anything negative influence me for extended periods of time and reminding myself that I am in control of my life. Sure, all actions have consequences and practicalities that need to be put in place but what’s actually stopping me from quitting everything and starting fresh? I find that a lot of the time when people say they ‘can’t’ do something it’s because they’re scared of the outcome not being like they hoped, or because sometimes it’s easier to just blame someone else for your misery rather than risking failing and admitted to everyone you massively c*cked up.
The other one that stands out to me is ‘where there’s a will there’s a way’. Pretty self explanatory. If you want something enough then you make it happen. Or else you didn’t want it all that much. Circumstances might prevent something from happening regardless of how hard a person tries, but it reminds me to think 'have I really exhausted all my options?'

My advice is to just enjoy your life to the best of your ability and to study hard so that you can pull good grades and to give you ample of different opportunities for when you are older and more established in your thinking. The real answer will come to you when the time is right and I have no doubt that you will find success sooner than you think.

I think, with all of this in mind, that you are an INFP with a strong desire for success (Enneagram 3w4 or perhaps 4w3.) whose Te use comes out in awkward ways and may appear ESTJ-like when that's just not you at all. I could also see ISFP for you, with some of the answers above that speaks of Se actions and Ni long term range of vision, and then the third option would be ESFP, but that's pretty doubtful. Hope I helped some.

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So essentially, you have an established routine that you are most happy and comfortable with? ;p
It sounds like Si, not going to go and pick where exactly it'll be in your stacking until I read the rest of this, but I'm hesitant to say that it'll be in your dominant role.

My mind totally hazed while reading all of the details here but I also appreciate your feverish excitement in your answer at the same time. You sound quite like the artist yourself!
When you wrote that you want to get out of the house as soon as possible and go on to have this eventful adventure, it really reminds me a lot of Se and I wonder if that could be in your dominant or auxiliary, but then I am confused since I've felt the Si in your previous questions so I wonder if maybe I am misreading this entire thing. Do you like going out and doing things everyday, whether its alone or with others, or is this something you can handle every once in a while?

The multiple perspectives thing, it reminds me of some of my friends who use and treasure Ne to think outside of the box and 'trying' on many different hats of ideas at once, even if it's just for fun. Can you think of a time when you had to see things from multiple perspectives, and how did that looked from the outside?

"I think too much about the future and how things will be better when 'X' has happened." this suddenly strikes me as Ni but not as something that Ni leading types (INxJ) do when they use it. It seems to be used lower in your stacking, either in your tert or as an inferior function. Suddenly, ISFP or even ESFP may be a good match for you, but alas, I shall read on.

:notype: I'm skipping this for now.

The more I'm reading your answers, the more convinced I'm beginning to think that you are Fi leading or at the very least, use Fi and hold it very high regards. And I most certainly agree with you on that last part there!

By any chance, are you 20 years old? If so, all of these feelings are pretty typical to have at that age. I mean, you still got your puppy fluff and all of that, so I wouldn't stress too much over it.

Hm. I am almost attempting to designate these actions down to the cognitive functions, but just to be on the safe side, I'll put :notype: for now.

"Fond memories provide comfort and I enjoy thinking about my options, even though I know they’re often farfetched, without actually committing to anything." The first part sounds like tert Si (Tert is your relief function, something you use for fun, in a way.) and the second part sort of sounds like Ne to me in that you probably brainstorm over this a lot and go in many general directions of what the future may hold. The without actually committing to anything sorta cements this for me.

Fi as frick, to be honest. This is every Fi user's worst nightmare.

You're really gonna love being in a relationship with an ENFJ someday, I guarantee it. :p

:notype: but just to add a note that I hope doesn't sound condescending, I just want you to know that relationships at your age are pretty, well, flighty despite the initial intensity. It's good that you don't fall for grand schemes of romantic gestures when you know for sure that the other person may not even be who they say they are.

I'm seeing a pattern here. I feel as though you almost pride yourself at being this super busy body 'take no crap from nobody' personality that isn't even 100% natural to you. Almost like you are playing within your shadow functions because the real you might be deemed inefficient or not up to the standards you set for yourself or from society at large. It's like I'm reading a bio from an ESTJ toddler wielding a plastic hammer.. which is no way of me putting you down or making fun of you, lol, just so we are clear!

I find that folks with tert Si are surprisingly clingy to old traditions even when the new is shown and proven to be much better for them. They seem future oriented and seem hyped about it, but then when the push comes to shove, they run and hide into the world of familiarity as a way to ease themselves. Sounds like you?

I agree with you. Fi.

You got a good head on your shoulders, that I can tell very much. I'm proud that you have this much wisdom at such a young age.

lol

My advice is to just enjoy your life to the best of your ability and to study hard so that you can pull good grades and to give you ample of different opportunities for when you are older and more established in your thinking. The real answer will come to you when the time is right and I have no doubt that you will find success sooner than you think.

I think, with all of this in mind, that you are an INFP with a strong desire for success (Enneagram 3w4 or perhaps 4w3.) whose Te use comes out in awkward ways and may appear ESTJ-like when that's just not you at all. I could also see ISFP for you, with some of the answers above that speaks of Se actions and Ni long term range of vision, and then the third option would be ESFP, but that's pretty doubtful. Hope I helped some.

Yeah, I still kind of think INFP or INFJ is correct, but I'm just not sure.

You make some really good points. :)

So much of this makes me think of my wife, who is INFP. All the sensory stuff really sounds more Si than Se. And you might be right about the Fi stuff.

The question for me at this point is why all the leadership stuff? It just doesn't sound like INFP to me. Not that they can't be leaders. But I don't think they seek it or find it very often.

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for the link! I definitely to the 'behind the scenes' person. But also 'chart-the-course' stood out as being very similar to me as well. Out of interest do you know if there's any way of narrowing down the types within the categories (like two people might belong to the same category but one would see traits of themselves in another category wheres the second person might see traits in a different one too?)? It's left me with ISFJ, INFP, ISFP and INTP in the BTS section and if I take into consideration the CTC ones then they're INFJ, ISTP, INTJ and ISTJ. So that suggests I'm definitely an introverted type!

Well, in my opinion, when it comes to personality types, nothing is really too cut and dried. You're gonna see elements of all types in yourself. Nevertheless, having said that, to narrow things down, you kind of have to force yourself to choose between different things.

You have to say to yourself, when it really comes down to it, if I can't have both, which is more important to me? For example, is it more important to me that things stay on track, or that we all get along on the job?

If it's more important to you that things stay on track, then you're more of a "Chart-the-Course." But if it's more important that we all get along and honor everyone's input, you're more of a "Behind-the-Scenes."

It's not that the two things are completely mutually exclusive, but which thing is more important to you?

I can tell you for sure that as an INFJ, for me, it's more important that things stay on track.

Not really sure if that answered your question. But I hope that that helps at least a little bit :)

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=25752]SwimmerGal97[/MENTION]

At some point, I'd like to address the things you said that sound more Intuitive than Sensing to me.

But in the meantime, it's just my opinion, but I'm somewhat skeptical about Sensors being really drawn to personality type.

I'm not saying it's impossible, of course, but it just doesn't seem to be the kind of thing they'd be drawn to, generally-speaking. Unless maybe they're going through a hard time, and are doing some kind of soul-searching.

SwimmerGal97

Thanks for going through this in so much detail! I'll try and answer everything

Yep, I find that it's something I naturally fall into. However when I do shake it up it feels pretty good like this morning instead of waking up, making the usual breakfast and going straight on my laptop to check the same websites in the same order, I went for a walk at the crack of dawn through the sunrise and treated myself to some danish pastries. It sounds like a really silly little things but I get really stuck into routines. They don't feel bad, it's comforting to have routine but breaking it doesn't actually make me uncomfortable

Haha I am very much the artist (although a perfectionist along with it! I'm into observational drawing and painting so I'm very meticulous but easily frustrated and very impatient!).
I would like to do this sort of thing everyday but it requires a lot of planning and money. Like I'd love to go and explore a new place but I would need to research the basic routes, work out how I'm going to get there (I don't drive so I'd need to navigate public transport and be able to afford it!). I think I like the idea of doing it a lot however the reality is that I don't actually go out on these days as much as I'd like. I tend to find them quite stressful alone from a safety point of view (if you're lost or injured out in these places it's always good to have someone with you plus I like to go off the bus routes and I'm pretty wary of getting taxis on my own. I've heard and experienced some very dodgy and scary stories). If I'm on holiday when we have the time then I am up with that enthusiasm at 6 o'clock in the morning, waking everyone up, planning where abouts we'll go but day to day it's rare.

It can be something like easily presenting both sides of an argument for uni work- when I have a thought or argument, my natural process is to automatically balance it with an opposing thought or argument.
The other way is seeing things from other peoples point of view, or putting myself in their shoes. I don't consider it empathy as such, it's more like I can easily imagine myself in someones position, if I were them how would I be thinking? What would I be feeling? So I get on with a variety of people. I draw on my own experiences a lot. It's not an overly emotional response, I wouldn't 'feel' it like when when people say they empathise and feel others emotions. It's more just understanding? Like when you read a book and you can read what the character is feeling but you don't actually feel it. From the outside I think it makes me look quite fickle and selfish. It's almost like I change when I'm talking to different people and 'becoming' more like them even though I'm really just magnifying common ground. Also when people have a problem, my first instinct is to think when I've had a similar problem and think how I solved it so if someone's telling me something, it can almost seem like I'm going off and talking about myself. Even though that's not my intention.

I am exactly 20 years old!

I think it comes from not wanting to people to think I'm a pushover or seem like I'm easy to manipulate or be taken advantage of. I've found especially when I go out, men (well, boys) I make one friendly conversation and suddenly they have their hands all over me saying I was acting like I was into them. It's disgusting. So I often put up the 'no crap, don't come near me' front because I've had quite a lot of uncomfortable experiences. Obviously not everyone is out to do harm, most people are pretty friendly, but to look at I'm quite slim and gentle looking and I've been told I look like I 'need to be taken care of'. And the one thing I can't stand is being dependent on other people. I have a friend who talks about her boyfriend like he's a knight in shining armour! She's always talking about how he can 'rescue' her and 'save' her and take care of her and whenever there's a tiny problem she calls him to solve it. I'd hate to be like that. I don't need anyone to rescue me or save me and I like to have a good crack at my own problems. The other thing is that she's very emotionally dependent on boys and being in relationship. I see it a lot actually, I know so many people that get out of a bad relationship and the first thing they do is get on a dating app to try and find the next boy/girlfriend to have this happy couple thing going on. It's like rather than acknowledge that they're hurting and learn to be comfortable on their own for a while and wait for the right relationship to develop naturally, they feel like they really need that romantic relationship. I'd rather find the happiness from myself and for me it's very important to be happy and content in myself and have a relationship as a nice thing that follows that, but it not be something I need. It probably comes across as quite childish but I guess try and compensate by using the defensiveness

Very much! I have all these ideas, things I could do, I sort out the practicalities....but I always end up going back to the same things, and end up wondering why I've gone back to the same things! The other thing this reminded me of is my stress response is to shut down, withdraw and lose myself in books or films or TV, only I ALWAYS go back to the same favourite books/films/shows. I've seen some films more times than I can count!

Thankyou :)

SwimmerGal97

You have to say to yourself, when it really comes down to it, if I can't have both, which is more important to me? For example, is it more important to me that things stay on track, or that we all get along on the job?

If it's more important to you that things stay on track, then you're more of a "Chart-the-Course." But if it's more important that we all get along and honor everyone's input, you're more of a "Behind-the-Scenes."

It's not that the two things are completely mutually exclusive, but which thing is more important to you?

I can tell you for sure that as an INFJ, for me, it's more important that things stay on track.

Not really sure if that answered your question. But I hope that that helps at least a little bit :)

Staying on track is more important. I find getting everyones input stops people causing problems because they don't start claiming they aren't being listened to or if you get everyones opinion and find a compromise then people are less likely to start arguing that one way is right. If you start arguing that your way is right when someone is trying to compromise then you seem very unreasonable and in a group (especially where work is concerned) people tend to side with the peacemaker who puts forward a rational argument rather than the person who's kicking off about it being 'their way or the highway'. Not to sound bitchy but I'm not really interested in their values and views, just making sure they're happily getting on with whatever they're meant to doing and not causing disruption to the task

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Staying on track is more important. I find getting everyones input stops people causing problems because they don't start claiming they aren't being listened to or if you get everyones opinion and find a compromise then people are less likely to start arguing that one way is right. If you start arguing that your way is right when someone is trying to compromise then you seem very unreasonable and in a group (especially where work is concerned) people tend to side with the peacemaker who puts forward a rational argument rather than the person who's kicking off about it being 'their way or the highway'. Not to sound bitchy but I'm not really interested in their values and views, just making sure they're happily getting on with whatever they're meant to doing and not causing disruption to the task

So, it sounds like you lean more toward CTC, but still have some affinity with BTS.

If you haven't already checked out bestfittype.com, I would highly recommend it to you.

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for going through this in so much detail! I'll try and answer everything

Yep, I find that it's something I naturally fall into. However when I do shake it up it feels pretty good like this morning instead of waking up, making the usual breakfast and going straight on my laptop to check the same websites in the same order, I went for a walk at the crack of dawn through the sunrise and treated myself to some danish pastries. It sounds like a really silly little things but I get really stuck into routines. They don't feel bad, it's comforting to have routine but breaking it doesn't actually make me uncomfortable

Haha I am very much the artist (although a perfectionist along with it! I'm into observational drawing and painting so I'm very meticulous but easily frustrated and very impatient!).
I would like to do this sort of thing everyday but it requires a lot of planning and money. Like I'd love to go and explore a new place but I would need to research the basic routes, work out how I'm going to get there (I don't drive so I'd need to navigate public transport and be able to afford it!). I think I like the idea of doing it a lot however the reality is that I don't actually go out on these days as much as I'd like. I tend to find them quite stressful alone from a safety point of view (if you're lost or injured out in these places it's always good to have someone with you plus I like to go off the bus routes and I'm pretty wary of getting taxis on my own. I've heard and experienced some very dodgy and scary stories). If I'm on holiday when we have the time then I am up with that enthusiasm at 6 o'clock in the morning, waking everyone up, planning where abouts we'll go but day to day it's rare.

It can be something like easily presenting both sides of an argument for uni work- when I have a thought or argument, my natural process is to automatically balance it with an opposing thought or argument.
The other way is seeing things from other peoples point of view, or putting myself in their shoes. I don't consider it empathy as such, it's more like I can easily imagine myself in someones position, if I were them how would I be thinking? What would I be feeling? So I get on with a variety of people. I draw on my own experiences a lot. It's not an overly emotional response, I wouldn't 'feel' it like when when people say they empathise and feel others emotions. It's more just understanding? Like when you read a book and you can read what the character is feeling but you don't actually feel it. From the outside I think it makes me look quite fickle and selfish. It's almost like I change when I'm talking to different people and 'becoming' more like them even though I'm really just magnifying common ground. Also when people have a problem, my first instinct is to think when I've had a similar problem and think how I solved it so if someone's telling me something, it can almost seem like I'm going off and talking about myself. Even though that's not my intention.

I am exactly 20 years old!

I think it comes from not wanting to people to think I'm a pushover or seem like I'm easy to manipulate or be taken advantage of. I've found especially when I go out, men (well, boys) I make one friendly conversation and suddenly they have their hands all over me saying I was acting like I was into them. It's disgusting. So I often put up the 'no crap, don't come near me' front because I've had quite a lot of uncomfortable experiences. Obviously not everyone is out to do harm, most people are pretty friendly, but to look at I'm quite slim and gentle looking and I've been told I look like I 'need to be taken care of'. And the one thing I can't stand is being dependent on other people. I have a friend who talks about her boyfriend like he's a knight in shining armour! She's always talking about how he can 'rescue' her and 'save' her and take care of her and whenever there's a tiny problem she calls him to solve it. I'd hate to be like that. I don't need anyone to rescue me or save me and I like to have a good crack at my own problems. The other thing is that she's very emotionally dependent on boys and being in relationship. I see it a lot actually, I know so many people that get out of a bad relationship and the first thing they do is get on a dating app to try and find the next boy/girlfriend to have this happy couple thing going on. It's like rather than acknowledge that they're hurting and learn to be comfortable on their own for a while and wait for the right relationship to develop naturally, they feel like they really need that romantic relationship. I'd rather find the happiness from myself and for me it's very important to be happy and content in myself and have a relationship as a nice thing that follows that, but it not be something I need. It probably comes across as quite childish but I guess try and compensate by using the defensiveness

Very much! I have all these ideas, things I could do, I sort out the practicalities....but I always end up going back to the same things, and end up wondering why I've gone back to the same things! The other thing this reminded me of is my stress response is to shut down, withdraw and lose myself in books or films or TV, only I ALWAYS go back to the same favourite books/films/shows. I've seen some films more times than I can count!

Thankyou :)

This is still all sounding INFJ or INFP to me.

Despite all the things that seem to point to Si, I can't shake the feeling that you are an Intuitive.

Obviously, it would be easy to conclude that you're a Sensor, or that you're more likely INFP than INFJ, because of what appears to be lots of Si. But, for some reason, I'm still thinking INFJ.

It's still to hard to tell at this point. But it's an interesting case to ponder.

It took me years to realize I was an INFJ, after thinking I was INFP or ENFP.

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Which of these two do you relate to more, even if both of them apply in some ways:

Analytical - Analytical people are known for being systematic, well organized and deliberate. These individuals appreciate facts and information presented in a logical manner as documentation of truth. They enjoy organization and completion of detailed tasks. Others may see him at times as being too cautious, overly structured, someone who does things too much 'by the book'.

or

Amiable - They are dependable, loyal and easygoing. They like things that are non-threatening and friendly. They hate dealing with impersonal details and cold hard facts. They are usually quick to reach a decision. Often described as a warm person and sensitive to the feelings of others but at the same time wishy-washy.

Further implications of that here, when you're ready to see it:

SwimmerGal97

Which of these two do you relate to more, even if both of them apply in some ways

Hmm...probably analytical although I don't think anyone would ever describe me as 'too structured' or 'does things by the book'. For the amiable description, whilst I like things that are non-threatening and friendly and I consider myself reasonably easy going, I actually wouldn't use dependable or loyal to describe me (I wouldn't say back-stabbing b*tch either, I'm just somewhere inbetween). I prefer dealing with non-personal stuff and often think they should be put aside in favour of cold hard facts (what actually is rather than what people feel about things). I'm also very very slow to reach a conclusion over anything whether it's my career or my breakfast!

I have to say that whilst I'm not against being INFJ, I see them as a type that focuses on others (the use secondary Fe) and their feelings, whereas that's not really me. If I do use Fe, I wouldn't say it's a strong function. I'm also curious as to whether you see any indicators on dom Ni? What is it that makes you think I'm an intuitive?

frezekiel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm...probably analytical although I don't think anyone would ever describe me as 'too structured' or 'does things by the book'. For the amiable description, whilst I like things that are non-threatening and friendly and I consider myself reasonably easy going, I actually wouldn't use dependable or loyal to describe me (I wouldn't say back-stabbing b*tch either, I'm just somewhere inbetween). I prefer dealing with non-personal stuff and often think they should be put aside in favour of cold hard facts (what actually is rather than what people feel about things). I'm also very very slow to reach a conclusion over anything whether it's my career or my breakfast!

I have to say that whilst I'm not against being INFJ, I see them as a type that focuses on others (the use secondary Fe) and their feelings, whereas that's not really me. If I do use Fe, I wouldn't say it's a strong function. I'm also curious as to whether you see any indicators on dom Ni? What is it that makes you think I'm an intuitive?

oh man....I gave a very lengthy response, but it disappeared. I'll try again later. :(