User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by frezekiel View Post
    You have to say to yourself, when it really comes down to it, if I can't have both, which is more important to me? For example, is it more important to me that things stay on track, or that we all get along on the job?

If it's more important to you that things stay on track, then you're more of a "Chart-the-Course." But if it's more important that we all get along and honor everyone's input, you're more of a "Behind-the-Scenes."

It's not that the two things are completely mutually exclusive, but which thing is more important to you?

I can tell you for sure that as an INFJ, for me, it's more important that things stay on track.

Not really sure if that answered your question. But I hope that that helps at least a little bit
    Staying on track is more important. I find getting everyones input stops people causing problems because they don't start claiming they aren't being listened to or if you get everyones opinion and find a compromise then people are less likely to start arguing that one way is right. If you start arguing that your way is right when someone is trying to compromise then you seem very unreasonable and in a group (especially where work is concerned) people tend to side with the peacemaker who puts forward a rational argument rather than the person who's kicking off about it being 'their way or the highway'. Not to sound bitchy but I'm not really interested in their values and views, just making sure they're happily getting on with whatever they're meant to doing and not causing disruption to the task

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SwimmerGal97 View Post
    Staying on track is more important. I find getting everyones input stops people causing problems because they don't start claiming they aren't being listened to or if you get everyones opinion and find a compromise then people are less likely to start arguing that one way is right. If you start arguing that your way is right when someone is trying to compromise then you seem very unreasonable and in a group (especially where work is concerned) people tend to side with the peacemaker who puts forward a rational argument rather than the person who's kicking off about it being 'their way or the highway'. Not to sound bitchy but I'm not really interested in their values and views, just making sure they're happily getting on with whatever they're meant to doing and not causing disruption to the task
    So, it sounds like you lean more toward CTC, but still have some affinity with BTS.

If you haven't already checked out bestfittype.com, I would highly recommend it to you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks for going through this in so much detail! I'll try and answer everything

Yep, I find that it's something I naturally fall into. However when I do shake it up it feels pretty good like this morning instead of waking up, making the usual breakfast and going straight on my laptop to check the same websites in the same order, I went for a walk at the crack of dawn through the sunrise and treated myself to some danish pastries. It sounds like a really silly little things but I get really stuck into routines. They don't feel bad, it's comforting to have routine but breaking it doesn't actually make me uncomfortable

Haha I am very much the artist (although a perfectionist along with it! I'm into observational drawing and painting so I'm very meticulous but easily frustrated and very impatient!).
    I would like to do this sort of thing everyday but it requires a lot of planning and money. Like I'd love to go and explore a new place but I would need to research the basic routes, work out how I'm going to get there (I don't drive so I'd need to navigate public transport and be able to afford it!). I think I like the idea of doing it a lot however the reality is that I don't actually go out on these days as much as I'd like. I tend to find them quite stressful alone from a safety point of view (if you're lost or injured out in these places it's always good to have someone with you plus I like to go off the bus routes and I'm pretty wary of getting taxis on my own. I've heard and experienced some very dodgy and scary stories). If I'm on holiday when we have the time then I am up with that enthusiasm at 6 o'clock in the morning, waking everyone up, planning where abouts we'll go but day to day it's rare.

It can be something like easily presenting both sides of an argument for uni work- when I have a thought or argument, my natural process is to automatically balance it with an opposing thought or argument.
    The other way is seeing things from other peoples point of view, or putting myself in their shoes. I don't consider it empathy as such, it's more like I can easily imagine myself in someones position, if I were them how would I be thinking? What would I be feeling? So I get on with a variety of people. I draw on my own experiences a lot. It's not an overly emotional response, I wouldn't 'feel' it like when when people say they empathise and feel others emotions. It's more just understanding? Like when you read a book and you can read what the character is feeling but you don't actually feel it. From the outside I think it makes me look quite fickle and selfish. It's almost like I change when I'm talking to different people and 'becoming' more like them even though I'm really just magnifying common ground. Also when people have a problem, my first instinct is to think when I've had a similar problem and think how I solved it so if someone's telling me something, it can almost seem like I'm going off and talking about myself. Even though that's not my intention.

I am exactly 20 years old!

I think it comes from not wanting to people to think I'm a pushover or seem like I'm easy to manipulate or be taken advantage of. I've found especially when I go out, men (well, boys) I make one friendly conversation and suddenly they have their hands all over me saying I was acting like I was into them. It's disgusting. So I often put up the 'no crap, don't come near me' front because I've had quite a lot of uncomfortable experiences. Obviously not everyone is out to do harm, most people are pretty friendly, but to look at I'm quite slim and gentle looking and I've been told I look like I 'need to be taken care of'. And the one thing I can't stand is being dependent on other people. I have a friend who talks about her boyfriend like he's a knight in shining armour! She's always talking about how he can 'rescue' her and 'save' her and take care of her and whenever there's a tiny problem she calls him to solve it. I'd hate to be like that. I don't need anyone to rescue me or save me and I like to have a good crack at my own problems. The other thing is that she's very emotionally dependent on boys and being in relationship. I see it a lot actually, I know so many people that get out of a bad relationship and the first thing they do is get on a dating app to try and find the next boy/girlfriend to have this happy couple thing going on. It's like rather than acknowledge that they're hurting and learn to be comfortable on their own for a while and wait for the right relationship to develop naturally, they feel like they really need that romantic relationship. I'd rather find the happiness from myself and for me it's very important to be happy and content in myself and have a relationship as a nice thing that follows that, but it not be something I need. It probably comes across as quite childish but I guess try and compensate by using the defensiveness

Very much! I have all these ideas, things I could do, I sort out the practicalities....but I always end up going back to the same things, and end up wondering why I've gone back to the same things! The other thing this reminded me of is my stress response is to shut down, withdraw and lose myself in books or films or TV, only I ALWAYS go back to the same favourite books/films/shows. I've seen some films more times than I can count!

Thankyou

This is still all sounding INFJ or INFP to me.

Despite all the things that seem to point to Si, I can't shake the feeling that you are an Intuitive.

Obviously, it would be easy to conclude that you're a Sensor, or that you're more likely INFP than INFJ, because of what appears to be lots of Si. But, for some reason, I'm still thinking INFJ.

It's still to hard to tell at this point. But it's an interesting case to ponder.

It took me years to realize I was an INFJ, after thinking I was INFP or ENFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

@SwimmerGal97

Which of these two do you relate to more, even if both of them apply in some ways:

Analytical - Analytical people are known for being systematic, well organized and deliberate. These individuals appreciate facts and information presented in a logical manner as documentation of truth. They enjoy organization and completion of detailed tasks. Others may see him at times as being too cautious, overly structured, someone who does things too much 'by the book'.
    or

Amiable - They are dependable, loyal and easygoing. They like things that are non-threatening and friendly. They hate dealing with impersonal details and cold hard facts. They are usually quick to reach a decision. Often described as a warm person and sensitive to the feelings of others but at the same time wishy-washy.
    Further implications of that here, when you're ready to see it:

Quote Originally Posted by frezekiel View Post
    @SwimmerGal97

Which of these two do you relate to more, even if both of them apply in some ways
    Hmm...probably analytical although I don't think anyone would ever describe me as 'too structured' or 'does things by the book'. For the amiable description, whilst I like things that are non-threatening and friendly and I consider myself reasonably easy going, I actually wouldn't use dependable or loyal to describe me (I wouldn't say back-stabbing b*tch either, I'm just somewhere inbetween). I prefer dealing with non-personal stuff and often think they should be put aside in favour of cold hard facts (what actually is rather than what people feel about things). I'm also very very slow to reach a conclusion over anything whether it's my career or my breakfast!

I have to say that whilst I'm not against being INFJ, I see them as a type that focuses on others (the use secondary Fe) and their feelings, whereas that's not really me. If I do use Fe, I wouldn't say it's a strong function. I'm also curious as to whether you see any indicators on dom Ni? What is it that makes you think I'm an intuitive?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm...probably analytical although I don't think anyone would ever describe me as 'too structured' or 'does things by the book'. For the amiable description, whilst I like things that are non-threatening and friendly and I consider myself reasonably easy going, I actually wouldn't use dependable or loyal to describe me (I wouldn't say back-stabbing b*tch either, I'm just somewhere inbetween). I prefer dealing with non-personal stuff and often think they should be put aside in favour of cold hard facts (what actually is rather than what people feel about things). I'm also very very slow to reach a conclusion over anything whether it's my career or my breakfast!

I have to say that whilst I'm not against being INFJ, I see them as a type that focuses on others (the use secondary Fe) and their feelings, whereas that's not really me. If I do use Fe, I wouldn't say it's a strong function. I'm also curious as to whether you see any indicators on dom Ni? What is it that makes you think I'm an intuitive?
    oh man....I gave a very lengthy response, but it disappeared. I'll try again later.