• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an INFJ with 1e

Eastwood

Can somebody challenge me, to see if I really am this type. I took a test, [MENTION=26002]estorm[/MENTION] "mypersonalitymanual.com"

Years ago I took the test and spoke on the forum about my type and concluded estj with 3e. (2 years ago)

Now I'm getting infj with 1e.

Would love some feedback, thanks!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Tests are marginal at best.
Only research and deep introspection will lead you to your actual type.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tests are good indicators on where to aim your research, but that's the thing. You still need to do research.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These kinds of tests (said as one who has made one!) rely on self-reporting. Your mood, your self-awareness, your honesty, your self-image, etc. all influence how you will answer the questions.

Your satisfaction with a resulting type will rely on those same factors.

I agree with the above comments that test results give you a starting place for introspection. If given the time required and with enough self-awareness, I think people can see which of the types best describes their experience of themselves.

Going back to your original request to be challenged, I wonder what you think others could add to your thinking. Without knowing you, one can only embark on a process of questions and answers, essentially replicating a test. ... With no better or worse results, for the same reasons listed above for tests.

So instead I challenge you :) to make your best argument for each result and see which one you are most convinced by. I think you will get more out of this than seeing what others come up with.

2 cents.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Given what I can see on the back end (assuming it was you who took the test last night and got those results), I suggest you look at 5e, 3e, and 1e in that order. You actually scored quite highly for 5e, but didn't choose it over 1e or 9e.

As your Myers-Briggs results show, only the J seems strong. The others may be more borderline (or mixed). So that may be harder to sort out.

Eastwood

Your a genius estorm! I'll do that. Any good links or post that explains the functions in better detail?

Eastwood

Thanks for that input. 9 didn't resonate with me, lol. I figured J would be accurate.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's one link that I found a good start on functions: Verifying your MBTI Test results

Functions for each type:
[Dominant, 2nd, 3rd & Inferior]
ENFP Ne Fi Te Si
INFJ Ni Fe Ti Se
ESTP Se Ti Fe Ni
ISTJ Si Te Fi Ne
ENTJ Te Ni Se Fi
INTP Ti Ne Si Fe
ESFJ Fe Si Ne Ti
ISFP Fi Se Ni Te
ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si
INTJ Ni Te Fi Se