• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Looking for insight on my MBTI and Enneagram types.

esotericsurgery

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'll put it this way - I am either a very humanitarian Thinker or a very calculating Feeler. I am either an off-beat, "weird" Compliant type or a moralistic, community-oriented Withdrawn type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To be the most competent and reliable version of myself so that people will listen to me and let me help them.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

At my last job, when the students I was an aide for moved rooms and I moved with them, I helped the teachers get acquainted with their needs. I advocated for changes I thought would benefit them. I felt good because I felt like I was making a difference and really getting to be part of a team, that my ideas were helping others and not being brushed off. (Sadly, I lost this job recently due to supervision deeming me a liability after I was injured by a student, and I've been rather "off my groove" since then.)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I think people who can be spontaneous and feel like the captains of their own souls, I'm more of a planner and I need a fair amount of verification and validation from outside to feel like I'm on the right track.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Mostly whether or not it is the right thing to do, whether it will result in problems for myself or others, and whether or not it's reasonable or realistic.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
It depends on the type of project. I'm a creator, and when it comes to that, my emphasis is achieving a perfect blend of novelty and familiarity. When it comes to other things (I have a bit of an eclectic skill set - my background being in education and behavioral health for the purposes of advocacy, I must necessarily be well-rounded), my emphasis is on how what I am doing will impact others for the better. In either case, I do like to have control of the outcome, but I'm not entirely opposed to playing more of an ambassador/advisor role, either.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

This past year, I spent Winter break with my girlfriend. We were still in a long-distance relationship at the time, she has since moved in with me. Her family are rather wary people and don't get out much, so I felt like I should get her out and I wanted to explore a new place anyway. It was a bit weird for me, I'm from the Eastern Seaboard and she's from the Midwest, I was disoriented by how flat and open everything was, but we went to different parks and shops and restaurants, I had a nice time treating her. On New Year's Eve we went to a street celebration where we visited an art gallery, had a few drinks, and watched the fireworks. I mostly remember hugging her and holding her hand for the first time when I arrived and, as I was leaving, realizing no one had ever given me such a surge of enthusiasm or helped me loosen up in a positive way in my life before.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Some combination of reading about it and watching someone well-versed put it in practice (if possible).

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Pretty organized - I will say I organize more for other peoples' sake than my own, though, and I like helping people get organized. I have a habit of letting some things pile up when I have to deal with the unexpected. I'm particularly bad with things that are not in the "concrete" realm i.e. e-mails, files on my computer.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both, but more so looking for information to support it - while principles can keep an idea from collapsing in on itself in its infancy and learning the principles of an idea helps me to analyze and utilize it, real life examples speak to me slightly more than underlying principles and I find reliance on principles alone very limiting, very blind to reality's inconsistencies.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony in groups that foster and support my personal integrity. I desire to be part of a group, but it is extremely important that we have common ground in terms of values.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before I speak, and I prefer one-on-one communication pretty strongly over group discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm going, but I can't in good conscience claim that I'm never impulsive, especially when I know that time is scarce. I definitely believe action speaks louder than words, but words can clue me in to what the intent behind an action was.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Most likely go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Some weird blend of high-strung and melancholy, I tend to feel isolated and like I cannot do anything right.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Unwillingness to "update" their opinions when new, factual information is presented, unwillingness to reason, pushing back against progress, being unwilling to work on themselves, insensitivity, and cynicism.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Medicine. Ethics within mental/behavioral health. Also, anything related to music, books, or TV shows!

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

How I'm feeling physically, which results in me getting embarrassingly temperamental at times.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They see me as intellectual, ethical, understanding, honest, caring, on top of things, and someone who stands up for others. I've also heard I'm classy, positive, fun, bold, and passionate. I don't know that I'm all that fun because I've been called "anal" by people who did not like me so much. I also don't think I'm all that positive - considering I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, how positive could I be? Caring is also an iffy one for me - I have not always been good at showing I care, and am still not always good at it. It depends on where my focus is at the time. I'm as certain as I can possibly be about other peoples' opinions that they would never say I was unscrupulous or apathetic.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Probably reading Gnostic texts and practicing music, spending a couple hours out with my girlfriend and best friends, and learning to cook a new recipe with my girlfriend then watching an interesting movie with her while we eat.

we are all mad here

Enneagram
6w5
I see the Fi and Te, I'm just unsure beyond that. I think your Se is pretty low. I definitely see 5 in your tritype and it being your core fix. I want to say your a Fi dom who's 5 makes them appear to be a Ti dom on the surface.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you're a definite Fi and Te user. I'm also seeing some Si. I agree with the above, I believe you're an Fi dom with 5 being your core fix.