• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please reassure me about my type :-(

Please confirm my theory

• Yes, you're INFP with 5w4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, you're INFP with 5w4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

helloxsanta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not sure what exactly my type is both on MBTI and Enneagram. I got INFP and 5w4/4w5 on those test.

Um.. okay let's get to the point but first of all, I'm not an English speaker so, I'm sorry about my English.
I tried my best to explain about my case by the way if you find something wrong with my text I'm so sorry :sorry:

I find myself so emotional about animals' or human beings' life or living and I also do not want to be useless.
I always want to be someone that could help this world to be better for everyone including animals and fear of being the one who cannot help or contribute to the world
or society. Then I decided to be a vegetarian because of my belief that being a vegetarian at least I could help someone (I mean animals) so this belief is fulfilled my ideal.
This is the reason why I thought I am an NFP but according to my Fi I'm still not sure about it because I find myself so talkative but on many websites that talked about
INFPs, they claim that INFPs are mostly quiet. But I agree with my last 3 characters, N, F, and P. It is so paradoxical that I am talkative but at the same time I did not
want to engage in all social activities or situation that I have to talk or show myself to people like parties or public speaking.
I hate to throw myself into that kind of situation. I feel so uncomfortable to be spotted by many people. (I really hate it)
I also find myself a good listener and truly understand about human's feeling. Another thing that I am not sure about my MBTI is I am not that optimistic person.
I think I am much darker than other people but it is because I do not want to hurt myself (I thought it is because I am a type 5w4 in Enneagram, according to this article click).
I always think about the possibilities in the future in the surrealistic and eccentric way and somehow other people claimed that my thoughts are too pessimistic,
for example, if I have to travel to somewhere that I have not been before I will have negative ideas about it like is there a possibility that I would get hurt by this that
those things around that place. Moreover, I am so interested in human's thought or feelings or whatever that related to humans' or animals' feelings/behaviors.
I also want to be a helper for other people about their thought or feeling or their life's problems. I am so comfortable to be an advisor on those kinds of topics.
I love to know about people's perspective on society and politic and simultaneously feel so frustrated if my thought is contradicted with theirs.
If it occurred, I mean the situation that I find myself being an opponent of some thoughts, I will try my best to protect my ideas automatically and angrily
but at the same time, I hate confliction so at last I will give in and kept the feeling frustrated in my mind (I show it through my facial expression unconsciously by the way).
That is my basic information about my personality and I wish I could figure it out if it is real INFP with 5w4. Thank you!

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Two words: cognitive functions. None of the information you gave gives anything concrete to go by in terms of cognitive functions, so I am at a loss for whether or not you are truly INFP. Tests are not reliable. I'll answer as an INFP 100% confident in their type and functions, though.

I find myself so emotional about animals' or human beings' life or living and I also do not want to be useless.

Being especially emotional points to really any F type in all of MBTI. Fears apply far more to enneagram.

I always want to be someone that could help this world to be better for everyone including animals and fear of being the one who cannot help or contribute to the world

This sounds like Fe.

This is the reason why I thought I am an NFP but according to my Fi I'm still not sure about it because I find myself so talkative but on many websites that talked about INFPs, they claim that INFPs are mostly quiet. But I agree with my last 3 characters, N, F, and P. It is so paradoxical that I am talkative but at the same time I did not
want to engage in all social activities or situation that I have to talk or show myself to people like parties or public speaking.

Don't listen to random websites that list stereotypes with no functional explanation. Any type can be talkative, even introverts, because we all have an extroverted function high in our stack. My temperament is dependent on the person, but my Ne is extremely talkative when it feels like it can be. Not wanting to engage in all social events is normal in human beings, introvert or extrovert.

I hate to throw myself into that kind of situation. I feel so uncomfortable to be spotted by many people. (I really hate it)

Based on the little information given, this can be the cause of any introverted function. Why don't you want to throw yourself into those situations? Is it not being able to prepare or think ahead about them? Is it not feeling like you can keep up with others? Is it not thinking you fit in?

I also find myself a good listener and truly understand about human's feeling.

Because you're a feeler. Being a good listener is vague as well. Naturally? In what context? When it comes to emotions? There are a lot of variables. Being a good listener is not going to tell you if you're INFP. For the record, Fe is far better at enjoying to listen to others talk about their emotions. I'm an INFP who thought of studying to become a therapist because I truly did care about others, but the frustration of having to listen to the inability to change for the better totally set me off. My Te would never handle it. Fe would.

Another thing that I am not sure about my MBTI is I am not that optimistic person.

Being optimistic is a healthy trait, not an INFP trait. In fact, INFP is joked about as the depressive type because depressed individuals commonly type themselves as INFP or are typed as INFP on tests.

I think I am much darker than other people but it is because I do not want to hurt myself (I thought it is because I am a type 5w4 in Enneagram, according to this article click).

Darker than other people? You mean more pessimistic? That's not MBTI exclusive, nor INFP exclusive. What do you mean hurt yourself?

I always think about the possibilities in the future in the surrealistic and eccentric way and somehow other people claimed that my thoughts are too pessimistic,
for example, if I have to travel to somewhere that I have not been before I will have negative ideas about it like is there a possibility that I would get hurt by this that
those things around that place.

This sounds like Ni.

Moreover, I am so interested in human's thought or feelings or whatever that related to humans' or animals' feelings/behaviors.

Really any type can be interested in anything, but this probably points to a feeler dominant.

I also want to be a helper for other people about their thought or feeling or their life's problems.

Again, not really type specific, anyone has the possibility to do anything and without background knowledge or a personal relationship with you, I have no way of knowing how you personally approach this subject. I will say that this sounds like Fe.

I am so comfortable to be an advisor on those kinds of topics.
I love to know about people's perspective on society and politic and simultaneously feel so frustrated if my thought is contradicted with theirs. If it occurred, I mean the situation that I find myself being an opponent of some thoughts, I will try my best to protect my ideas automatically and angrily
but at the same time, I hate confliction so at last I will give in and kept the feeling frustrated in my mind (I show it through my facial expression unconsciously by the way).

I've rarely if ever encountered an Fi user whose facial expression unconsciously expressed their frustration or anger because their feelings are introverted, I see this in extroverted feeling. Protection of your logic/ideals sounds like low-order Ti as opposed to Te, which rather aims to convince.

Another column of advice; if you feel the need to be convinced of your type, reassured, or especially want to be the type you type yourself as, you probably aren't that type. Discovering your type or enneagram is like staring into a cracked mirror with a few good shiny spots, but dented here and there all the same.