• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Free toaster for all who type me

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
*toasters subject to availability, which is none :p

Hi please ask me questions so that I can be typed

I'm actually not 100% sure about my MBTI or my Enneagram or anything

Halp

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's two questionnaires from Personality Cafe. You answer them, and I'll try to explain them.

Here's the first questionnaire.

Here's the second questionnaire.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's a third questionnaire.

The reason I chose these questionnaires is because they were useful in typing me.
The reason I chose to contain them in spoilers is to avoid getting lost in an overwhelming amount of words.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Here's two questionnaires from Personality Cafe. You answer them, and I'll try to explain them.

Thank you here's a toast at you
First questionnaire:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have much time now, but from what I saw, there's two possibilities - ISTJ and INTJ in that order. Your answers showed Te, but it's not dominant Te. You prefer to have more information,
and time to think over choices before deciding what you're going to do. That's the extent of my ability to explain, so far.

Depending on how my life goes, I might give your answers a more thorough examination later.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I don't have much time now, but from what I saw, there's two possibilities - ISTJ and INTJ in that order. Your answers showed Te, but it's not dominant Te. You prefer to have more information,
and time to think over choices before deciding what you're going to do. That's the extent of my ability to explain, so far.

Depending on how my life goes, I might give your answers a more thorough examination later.

Ayy I also need to go shower now so I will come back to the last one.

If u have time I'd also appreciate enneagram, if u know anything abt it
See ya!!

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ayy I also need to go shower now so I will come back to the last one.

If u have time I'd also appreciate enneagram, if u know anything abt it
See ya!!

I already considered your enneagram. I'm not sure yet. Yes, so long for now.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi there Agent, I see you around quite a bit!

Let us get into some basic stuff first.

Explain your full decision making process...
We'll say someone brings up a topic you are unaware about and don't have an opinion on
how do you react?
how do you develop the opinion?
how do you cement the opinion?
that sorta thing.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Hi there Agent, I see you around quite a bit!

Let us get into some basic stuff first.

Explain your full decision making process...
We'll say someone brings up a topic you are unaware about and don't have an opinion on
how do you react?
how do you develop the opinion?
how do you cement the opinion?
that sorta thing.

Ay yes thank you for showing up despite the lack of free toaster
I sometimes do have a bad ...gut feeling about the topic. I then have to go back and analyse the topic itself, without looking back at why i have the gut feeling (which often is proven right). usually it's easy to see why i have that feeling, because it's like... hmm... i analyse how it's framed, determine the motives for framing the topic a certain way, etc.

then i go to people i trust to give me either an intelligent or a well-educated viewpoint, if they're available, or i ask around to see what kind of responses they might have. if their views appear insightful, i take it into account.

i develop the opinion, however, usually when something "fits", that is to say, i don't see contradicting evidence for this opinion, i fact check it to my knowlege of otehr things (eg: if the topic is on c-ptsd symptoms as exhibited by a character in fiction, i will fact-check it to what i know about combat psychology, killology, military history for precedence, etc). sometimes this step comes first, then the gathering of opinions come second, because there just isnt really that many ppl that know so many things in such great detail and i usually am that one nerd who's probably at least read about it (maybe not in full detail) at some point.

when it's sufficiently proofed against a vast amount of knowlege, then i pretty much consider that stance fixed, and may modify it only if somebody else who really knows what they're talking about and can develop their argument (with concrete, sometimes logical proof) properly comes up with something i havent considered.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Here's a third questionnaire.

ayy i am off for the night and the whole of tomorrow. thank u

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ay yes thank you for showing up despite the lack of free toaster
I sometimes do have a bad ...gut feeling about the topic. I then have to go back and analyse the topic itself, without looking back at why i have the gut feeling (which often is proven right). usually it's easy to see why i have that feeling, because it's like... hmm... i analyse how it's framed, determine the motives for framing the topic a certain way, etc.

then i go to people i trust to give me either an intelligent or a well-educated viewpoint, if they're available, or i ask around to see what kind of responses they might have. if their views appear insightful, i take it into account.

i develop the opinion, however, usually when something "fits", that is to say, i don't see contradicting evidence for this opinion, i fact check it to my knowlege of otehr things (eg: if the topic is on c-ptsd symptoms as exhibited by a character in fiction, i will fact-check it to what i know about combat psychology, killology, military history for precedence, etc). sometimes this step comes first, then the gathering of opinions come second, because there just isnt really that many ppl that know so many things in such great detail and i usually am that one nerd who's probably at least read about it (maybe not in full detail) at some point.

when it's sufficiently proofed against a vast amount of knowlege, then i pretty much consider that stance fixed, and may modify it only if somebody else who really knows what they're talking about and can develop their argument (with concrete, sometimes logical proof) properly comes up with something i havent considered.

A quick analysis from this would tell me, 1. you are intuitive. I'll have to gather some more questions to decide which intuition you are actually using though.

Part 2 suggests Fe.

Part 3 suggests Si

Part 4 suggests your thinking style but I also need more data to know which thinking style.

at this moment I'd say Si-Fe for you. I'll see you when you've returned as well.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've always seen you as a 6 for some reason, but it's more an intuitive, not-well-thought-out thingamajiggy, so I cannot support it yet (mostly because I am utterly too lazy atm to think it through). You have a bit of a familiar feel to me, and I think that is because I dated an ISTJ not too long ago. There is something really similar to how you two speak of other people, however I find you FAR less grating and much more personable than he was. I think you have a strong Ne for an inferior Ne user, but I often hear the same about me in regards to Se. I think those of us who go through trauma develop our functions weirdly.

Anyway, I am not saying you are definitively an ISTJ 6, but it's to be considered imho. I'll try to mull it over a bit and put more effort into it.

One thing I can recommend though is to get really familiar with how the instincts work, because that is soooo underrated with regards to determining your type. I wouldn't focus on a tritype too much until you feel at least fairly confident about your core type. By the way, as far as I understand, your instinctual preferences carry with you through all tri-fixes. Instincts are the most primitive and deeply ingrained part of our psyches, so they aren't just going to switch when we go from heart to head, for example. Therefore, if your tritype is 369 and your instinctual stacking is Sp/Sx, when you travel through your stack due to stress, you will always be an Sp.

That probably didn't simplify things at all, but I guess what I'm trying to say is don't listen to all the shit you hear everywhere. People mean well, but I think they are misguided.

(If I'm wrong about any of this, please inform me with cited resources as I appreciate learning and sticking to the methods the way they are intended to be used.)

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
A quick analysis from this would tell me, 1. you are intuitive. I'll have to gather some more questions to decide which intuition you are actually using though.

Part 2 suggests Fe.

Part 3 suggests Si

Part 4 suggests your thinking style but I also need more data to know which thinking style.

at this moment I'd say Si-Fe for you. I'll see you when you've returned as well.

Thanks! What kinda data do you need??

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I've always seen you as a 6 for some reason, but it's more an intuitive, not-well-thought-out thingamajiggy, so I cannot support it yet (mostly because I am utterly too lazy atm to think it through). You have a bit of a familiar feel to me, and I think that is because I dated an ISTJ not too long ago. There is something really similar to how you two speak of other people, however I find you FAR less grating and much more personable than he was. I think you have a strong Ne for an inferior Ne user, but I often hear the same about me in regards to Se. I think those of us who go through trauma develop our functions weirdly.

Anyway, I am not saying you are definitively an ISTJ 6, but it's to be considered imho. I'll try to mull it over a bit and put more effort into it.

One thing I can recommend though is to get really familiar with how the instincts work, because that is soooo underrated with regards to determining your type. I wouldn't focus on a tritype too much until you feel at least fairly confident about your core type. By the way, as far as I understand, your instinctual preferences carry with you through all tri-fixes. Instincts are the most primitive and deeply ingrained part of our psyches, so they aren't just going to switch when we go from heart to head, for example. Therefore, if your tritype is 369 and your instinctual stacking is Sp/Sx, when you travel through your stack due to stress, you will always be an Sp.

That probably didn't simplify things at all, but I guess what I'm trying to say is don't listen to all the shit you hear everywhere. People mean well, but I think they are misguided.

(If I'm wrong about any of this, please inform me with cited resources as I appreciate learning and sticking to the methods the way they are intended to be used.)

I type by archetypes and "feel" too, once stacks get confusing, or I have too little info about what's going on in people's heads in a variety of situations. Completely understandable.

I know people who use their inferior Se a lot, and are probably situationally better than I am when it comes to typical Sensor things (I'm... ehhhh about this actually). I also ...hmm... Well, I guess we do develop our inferior functions after going to Bad Things, because that's pretty much the catastrophising state, right?

I've pretty much considered e5, e6, e7, and I'm still undecided about all of the head enneagrams because they're ...pretty much all kinda me.

I'm also going to take what people say with a grain of salt -- what I'm looking for is different perspectives that maybe I can factor into consideration, if that's what you mean. But yeah, I know what you mean.

Do you have any good online links about the instinctive variants? I've got the gist of it, but I want to dig in deeper, so to speak. I don't know if I'm So last or if it's just my Asperger's being... Aspergy... Coz I do take broader societal implications into account, and so on. I'm really more like, "what definition should I use?" when it comes to variant stacks.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I type by archetypes and "feel" too, once stacks get confusing, or I have too little info about what's going on in people's heads in a variety of situations. Completely understandable.

I know people who use their inferior Se a lot, and are probably situationally better than I am when it comes to typical Sensor things (I'm... ehhhh about this actually). I also ...hmm... Well, I guess we do develop our inferior functions after going to Bad Things, because that's pretty much the catastrophising state, right?

I've pretty much considered e5, e6, e7, and I'm still undecided about all of the head enneagrams because they're ...pretty much all kinda me.

I'm also going to take what people say with a grain of salt -- what I'm looking for is different perspectives that maybe I can factor into consideration, if that's what you mean. But yeah, I know what you mean.

Do you have any good online links about the instinctive variants? I've got the gist of it, but I want to dig in deeper, so to speak. I don't know if I'm So last or if it's just my Asperger's being... Aspergy... Coz I do take broader societal implications into account, and so on. I'm really more like, "what definition should I use?" when it comes to variant stacks.

I'm replying to remind myself to come back to this. I think it's really important to learn how the instincts work with one another, as we use them in a specific order to support our deepest needs. Oftentimes, we aren't even what we outwardly appear to be. We can also have either negative or positive views of our instincts, EVEN our primary! So you could be Sp-first but not really take care of yourself or even subconsciously punish yourself by neglecting your Sp needs, but those points will likely be on your mind quite often and you may even overlook all of that in your search for determining your type because the primary instinct is so deeply ingrained that it's comparable to breathing; something we do all the time but pay little attention to, and therefore have very little awareness of.

Also, don't listen to other people's definitions of instinctual subtypes. Social does not mean socializing or even wanting what's best for a community! You can be So-last and still be sociable and interested in the welfare of your family or community.

Self Preserving-the search for well-being.
Social-the search for community.
Sexual-the search for intimacy.

Social actually has more to do with how the community sees you and what is your respective position within that community. Picture the soccer mom who volunteers for all the PTO engagements, or the social butterfly who says "hi" to everyone at the party, or the guy consciously networking to gain a title at work, or even the shy, quiet housewife who volunteers her time to teach Sunday school at church but doesn't know how to integrate into the adult group because of social anxiety despite wanting to (which gives her the appearance of constantly looking in from outside, so despite not looking social, she could very well be social first).

It's all about deep drives that go beyond anything we can control.

When I come back later, I'll explain to you why I think I am Sp/Sx, despite being one of the most "out there" people on forum (or AM I anymore??? And why is that?)