• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Free toaster for all who type me

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'm replying to remind myself to come back to this. I think it's really important to learn how the instincts work with one another, as we use them in a specific order to support our deepest needs. Oftentimes, we aren't even what we outwardly appear to be. We can also have either negative or positive views of our instincts, EVEN our primary! So you could be Sp-first but not really take care of yourself or even subconsciously punish yourself by neglecting your Sp needs, but those points will likely be on your mind quite often and you may even overlook all of that in your search for determining your type because the primary instinct is so deeply ingrained that it's comparable to breathing; something we do all the time but pay little attention to, and therefore have very little awareness of.

Also, don't listen to other people's definitions of instinctual subtypes. Social does not mean socializing or even wanting what's best for a community! You can be So-last and still be sociable and interested in the welfare of your family or community.

Self Preserving-the search for well-being.
Social-the search for community.
Sexual-the search for intimacy.

Social actually has more to do with how the community sees you and what is your respective position within that community. Picture the soccer mom who volunteers for all the PTO engagements, or the social butterfly who says "hi" to everyone at the party, or the guy consciously networking to gain a title at work, or even the shy, quiet housewife who volunteers her time to teach Sunday school at church but doesn't know how to integrate into the adult group because of social anxiety despite wanting to (which gives her the appearance of constantly looking in from outside, so despite not looking social, she could very well be social first).

It's all about deep drives that go beyond anything we can control.

When I come back later, I'll explain to you why I think I am Sp/Sx, despite being one of the most "out there" people on forum (or AM I anymore??? And why is that?)

i was thinking i'd come back later to this but i thought abt it and i still Am not sure what instincts, they seem to come forth situationally. i have this want for community but p much accepted that i'll never have / find it. it all seems linked to me. but ... hmmm... i'm not sure.

sp comes forth a lot cos it's just ... a theme in life... like u need food, air, a place to stay, etc.

i used to be more sx until recently, now i just want to get my goals done and connection is also something i leave to fate/chance

i feel like any of the head fixes fit in the sense that my lufe is varied
but if i'm e6 ... isnt that sp primarily????

also yes pls explain, u used to id as sx/so i recall. i'm curious.
tbh i dunno about out there, we have... "special" ppl herer :D
doesnt mean u r not unique or unlikeable, i tend to associate 'out there' with. ... ... ... negative attributes

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks! What kinda data do you need??

Hey there :)

So Ti and Te are the thinking types but they come to their conclusions differently. Would you say you gain your logical viewpoints from a large agreed upon consensus of something, or an internal system of true/false?
Let's use an example here for this.
Say someone asks you what you feel about "freedom of speech." It is a pretty abstract idea. Is your definition based on your own logic or a consensus of your own and the majority's definition?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Hey there :)

So Ti and Te are the thinking types but they come to their conclusions differently. Would you say you gain your logical viewpoints from a large agreed upon consensus of something, or an internal system of true/false?
Let's use an example here for this.
Say someone asks you what you feel about "freedom of speech." It is a pretty abstract idea. Is your definition based on your own logic or a consensus of your own and the majority's definition?

:O I SEE
thank you for your h elp (this is also really tricky for me)

Both? If I define things solely by my own standards, there's very little point to it. But I also won't define things by the "majority" because sometimes they are very, very dumb. I look at what the experts say, and if there's a good reason for defining something a certain way, then I'll go with that. If I have a definition tht disagrees with a majoritys definition, I will take both into consideration when presenting myself.

Freedom of speech is historically rooted in the constitution of the united states and includes freedom of assembly, association etc, iirc. so it's kinda a fact. i won't say it's by 'majority' definition but i would define it according to how it's treated constitutionally. there's no point in making my own definition because it'd be useless.