• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze the Jeffster

heart

heart on fire
You haven't produced any evidence either and it isn't plausible to assume that an introvert or extravert would post more or less because of the type of medium the communication is taking place on.

Based on what people report as their type, post count here seems to relate more to overall interest in the board and the people here more than anything else.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You haven't produced any evidence either

It's not my job to produce evidence. I didn't argue that your hypothesis was wrong. I said, and have been saying all along, that they're both plausible. If you can show that it's implausible, go for it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay. I've met Jeffster IRL, and in no way does he act like an extravert. ISFP "feels" right to me, too. On the boards, he seems like sort of a Homer Simpson type--the life of the party, clowning but throwing in wise statements now and then that catch you by surprise. IRL, he probably has that side to him, but introvert-style, I'm guessing you have to know him well to get to see it. I actually felt like Jeffster acted very much like scanty and I did--observing, processing, conversing more as he felt comfortable. I don't think any of us felt a need to play host, or to keep the conversation going nonstop to avoid awkward silence. And in case you're wondering, I don't remember him hitting on us, either. :huh:

I don't think high post count means anything. Introverts that feel comfortable can talk your ear off. This is an online forum of people that share a lot of interests, and Jeffster's found a great niche. People like him, and they think he's funny. I think he probably exaggerates the ESFP stereotype in print because it's a schtick that works. Why not?

I think if you watch him interact with his son and read his blog when he talks about his parenting style, he seems much more P than J. He provides guidance, but he gives his son the freedom to express himself, rather than providing a stricter, "the right way" to do it. No way is Jeffster an SJ.

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jeffster has never once even come off as an online ESFJ. SP all the way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha, Jeffster, you have a rep to live up to now!

Yeah. Truth is I'm really pretty much the same personality online or offline. The difference I think is in the speed of getting to know people. I have a natural reserve in person that kinda filters that "Homer Simpson" you were talking about some, but once I get to a comfort level with someone in person, then I feel more free to let myself "be me" more I guess? It doesn't mean I'm fake before then, it really is like a gate that has to be opened up or something. I mean, the way I act with my co-workers and my friends that I've known awhile, I have the same kinda quick reactions to things that I do online, it's just better in person because I don't have to type it, I can just say stuff which comes much more natural to me.

And the circumstances factor in too. When Morgan is with me, a lot of me is focused on him, so at a restaurant, it's hard for me to completely relax because I'm still in Dad mode, haha.

I hope any of this is making sense because I am dead tired, the only reason I'm still up is Morgan is sick and throwing up, so I'm staying up for his sake.

I think he probably exaggerates the ESFP stereotype in print because it's a schtick that works.

Oh, I was gonna say, it really isn't a "shtick" or a stereotype though, I mean, people tend to have their perceptions of me regardless of whether they're accurate or not, but I'm not trying to do any kind of act, I really am just being myself.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have also met the Jeffster in real life, and he is definitely NOT an extrovert. He is VERY laid back and doesn't bounce off the walls nearly as much in person as he does online. :)
Jeffster is an ISFP.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jeffster's type = AWesoME.

Does anything else matter?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah. Truth is I'm really pretty much the same personality online or offline. The difference I think is in the speed of getting to know people. I have a natural reserve in person that kinda filters that "Homer Simpson" you were talking about some, but once I get to a comfort level with someone in person, then I feel more free to let myself "be me" more I guess? It doesn't mean I'm fake before then, it really is like a gate that has to be opened up or something. I mean, the way I act with my co-workers and my friends that I've known awhile, I have the same kinda quick reactions to things that I do online, it's just better in person because I don't have to type it, I can just say stuff which comes much more natural to me.

And the circumstances factor in too. When Morgan is with me, a lot of me is focused on him, so at a restaurant, it's hard for me to completely relax because I'm still in Dad mode, haha.

I hope any of this is making sense because I am dead tired, the only reason I'm still up is Morgan is sick and throwing up, so I'm staying up for his sake.

Oh, I was gonna say, it really isn't a "shtick" or a stereotype though, I mean, people tend to have their perceptions of me regardless of whether they're accurate or not, but I'm not trying to do any kind of act, I really am just being myself.

Gotcha. I can see that. I didn't mean anything negative by the "schtick" comment, either, just couldn't think of a better way to say it. :newwink: (<< been wanting to try out that new smilie)

Hope Morgan's feeling better!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

I have that same gate! and I can completely relate to where you are coming from there. If you ask people who I feel comfortable with what my personality is like, it will be poles apart from what people who I don't know well or don't trust so much think I'm like.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp

Yes! I get exactly what you're saying, and I think that's pretty true for myself and a lot of other introverted people I know.

Re Jeffster's post count and so-on: the guy knows how to make an impact on others, and extraverts are not the only people who have impact on others. ISFPs can and do find a way of making themselves known in any environment that interests them, just as often and as well as the extraverts. There is a HUGE difference between typing long detailed blog entries and comments on a computer, at home, by yourself, and being comfortable initiating conversations in person with strangers and keeping a conversation not only going, but also focused on drawing out the other person (which is what dominant Fe people tend to enjoy doing).

Auxilliary Se is pretty visible in ISFPs because it's our preferred function for expressing ourselves in the world. We like to have an immediate impact on others just as much as the extraverts do, and online forums are great for that -- you don't have to pay attention to anything but the impact you're having on anybody who chooses to read your posts. Still, I think I've gotten pretty good at recognizing dominant introverted feeling when I meet it. Although we don't seem to have the same lifestyle at all, Jeffster's dom Fi, and it's pretty obvious if you read what he says in his more serious posts, instead of just counting how often he posts stuff.

Sarah
ISFP

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I have that same gate! and I can completely relate to where you are coming from there. If you ask people who I feel comfortable with what my personality is like, it will be poles apart from what people who I don't know well or don't trust so much think I'm like.

I totally relate to that. And it's rather awkward when people think I've been "hiding" parts of myself from them, when in fact I never really wanted to be sneaky. I'm sensitive to criticism, and I feel I have to watch for clues with people first before I can be sure they'll accept me for all that I really am. If I get the sense that certain people won't be able to accept a certain side of me without trying to change me to be more like their idea of a cool person, I tell myself that they don't deserve to see that side of me, then. And I spend less time around those people too.

Sarah
ISFP

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I totally relate to that. And it's rather awkward when people think I've been "hiding" parts of myself from them, when in fact I never really wanted to be sneaky.

Yeah, it's not hiding to me, I'm just showing them the parts of myself I think they might like best and this depends on each person.

I'm sensitive to criticism, and I feel I have to watch for clues with people first before I can be sure they'll accept me for all that I really am.

Yes, me too.

If I get the sense that certain people won't be able to accept a certain side of me without trying to change me to be more like their idea of a cool person, I tell myself that they don't deserve to see that side of me, then. And I spend less time around those people too.

With those kinds of people I give very little of myself, I go through the motions and only reveal as much as I need to so as not to be rude (although I will occasionaly give them nothing which is really quite rude when I think about it. :blush: If they try and change me I don't mind being a spoil sport and just moving on.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have also met the Jeffster in real life, and he is definitely NOT an extrovert. He is VERY laid back and doesn't bounce off the walls nearly as much in person as he does online. :)
Jeffster is an ISFP.

Oh, I DO bounce off the walls in the right circumstances. ;)

Jeffster's type = AWesoME.

Does anything else matter?

win_button.jpg

Re Jeffster's post count and so-on: the guy knows how to make an impact on others, and extraverts are not the only people who have impact on others. ISFPs can and do find a way of making themselves known in any environment that interests them, just as often and as well as the extraverts. There is a HUGE difference between typing long detailed blog entries and comments on a computer, at home, by yourself, and being comfortable initiating conversations in person with strangers and keeping a conversation not only going, but also focused on drawing out the other person (which is what dominant Fe people tend to enjoy doing).

Auxilliary Se is pretty visible in ISFPs because it's our preferred function for expressing ourselves in the world. We like to have an immediate impact on others just as much as the extraverts do, and online forums are great for that -- you don't have to pay attention to anything but the impact you're having on anybody who chooses to read your posts. Still, I think I've gotten pretty good at recognizing dominant introverted feeling when I meet it. Although we don't seem to have the same lifestyle at all, Jeffster's dom Fi, and it's pretty obvious if you read what he says in his more serious posts, instead of just counting how often he posts stuff.

win_button.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Free Enneagram Test

Type 4 - 8
Type 2, Type 3, Type 7 - 5
Type 5, Type 9 - 4
Type 6, Type 8 - 2
Type 1 - 1

Enneagram Personality Type Indicator Results

Type 7 - 15
Type 4 - 2
Type 9 - 1
Type 2 - 0
Type 8 - -1
Type 1 - -2
Type 3, Type 5 - -3
Type 6 - -9

Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results

You are most likely a type 9 (the Peacemaker) with 8 wing

Sexual variant

Type 9 SX
Type 7 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 6 SO
Type 2 SP
Type 3 SX
Type 8 SO
Type 5 SO
Type 1 SX

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl

type score type behavior motivation
7 21 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
9 13 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
2 7 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
5 7 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
8 7 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
1 6 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
6 4 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
4 3 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.

TestCafe - Enneagram Test - Questions

Your Dominant Personality Type is:

The Generalist

The impulsive, busy type who is always doing something - important or not.

(it didn't give me a number)

Enneagram Central

Style Four

Personality Online - Online personality, relationship and apptitude tests, find out who you are today!

Your Enneagram Type(s): Type 9

9 - 90%
8 - 73%
5, 7 - 65%
4 - 58%
6 - 55%
1 - 43%
2 - 40%
3 - 38%

OkCupid.com: Take The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test

Your result for The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test ...
9 - the Peacemaker

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/sminds2/similarminds2.pl

7 56 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 55 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
9 36 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
4 35 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
2 33 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
5 31 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
6 26 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
1 22 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
8 19 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Analysis anyone?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Man. Denied. :cry:

wolfy

awsm
Free Enneagram Test

Type 4 - 8
Type 2, Type 3, Type 7 - 5
Type 5, Type 9 - 4
Type 6, Type 8 - 2
Type 1 - 1

Enneagram Personality Type Indicator Results

Type 7 - 15
Type 4 - 2
Type 9 - 1
Type 2 - 0
Type 8 - -1
Type 1 - -2
Type 3, Type 5 - -3
Type 6 - -9

Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results

You are most likely a type 9 (the Peacemaker) with 8 wing

Sexual variant

Type 9 SX
Type 7 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 6 SO
Type 2 SP
Type 3 SX
Type 8 SO
Type 5 SO
Type 1 SX

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl

7 21 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
9 13 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
2 7 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
5 7 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
8 7 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
1 6 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
6 4 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
4 3 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.

TestCafe - Enneagram Test - Questions

Your Dominant Personality Type is:

The Generalist

The impulsive, busy type who is always doing something - important or not.

(it didn't give me a number)

Enneagram Central

Style Four

Personality Online - Online personality, relationship and apptitude tests, find out who you are today!

Your Enneagram Type(s): Type 9

9 - 90%
8 - 73%
5, 7 - 65%
4 - 58%
6 - 55%
1 - 43%
2 - 40%
3 - 38%

OkCupid.com: Take The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test

Your result for The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test ...
9 - the Peacemaker

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/sminds2/similarminds2.pl

7 56 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 55 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
9 36 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
4 35 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
2 33 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
5 31 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
6 26 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
1 22 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
8 19 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Analysis anyone?

My crystal ball says you are either a 4, a 7 or a 9.
Probably a 7.