• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze the Jeffster

wolfy

awsm
I think it's a myth that introverts don't have this feeling as well, it is just that too much extraverting drains them and they must budget it, but online is very liberating for many introverts, allows communication at the time when they feel most up to it and they can pick and choose who and what they reply to and for how long, to what degree etc. Real life does not give these options.

That's true. The most prolific posters are Introverted. The king of quick spontaneous posting is Jack Flak an INTP. You'd have to see them IRL to decide E or I.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That's true. The most prolific posters are Introverted. The king of quick spontaneous posting is Jack Flak an INTP. You'd have to see them IRL to decide E or I.
And it wouldn't take you thirty seconds under normal circumstances in my case.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jeff, you remind me so much of an ISFP, that every time I watch the Young and The Restless and I see Joshua Marrow, I think, " I'll bet Jeffster is a hotty just like Josh!" Playful, good natured, slightly edgy, relaxed, likes to have sex with his tv wife. lol

I just re-read this, and I have to ask...were you exaggerating or do you really think of me EVERY time you watch Young and the Restless? Because if so, YOU NEED TO CALL ME SOMETIME. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I and E
I was thinking you may be E you seem to enjoy posting in order to get a reaction more often than expressing an opinion although you do that too. You can't tell really online. Only you could really know where you get your energy.

Is posting to get a reaction really a sign of E though? I haven't heard of anyone else making that contention so it's interesting to me. I have been reading and re-reading "Please Understand Me II" and the place I see "Yearning for Impact" is in the Artisan/SP temperament description, rather than anything specifically about extroverts. But I'm of course willing to listen to explanations of how it could be.

S You are S for sure. You don't seem to have started a thread on an abstract MBTI theory."Was Zangief any good" etc

I didn't actually start a topic about Zangief, that was a split created by a bored moderator (which there are TONS of around here) but I see your point. I don't start the theoretical or hypothetical question topics, in fact I feel an instant hostility to most of them. They're not just uninteresting to me, I actually find myself wanting to blow them up with something. ;)

I would be interested to hear from anyone who disagrees that I'm S though. I believe there were a couple people that hinted that they thought that, but they didn't elaborate and I don't remember who they were, so I dunno if anyone will step to the plate and try to make that assertion.

F I would say F and maybe Fe. The way you talk about your son and the fact you've got 69 friends on MBTIc. Also the way you seem to want to build the relationships.

Huh huh huh huh...you said "69." :D

J or P I don't know. Your job sounds like a stereotypical J job. I lean towards J because you give off a motherly vibe. And that would make you ESFJ building on what I already said.

What constitutes a "J job"? What would be an example of a "P job" for that matter?

Motherly vibe? Well, I guess that might be the single parent thing, I often have to act as mother and father just by the nature of my circumstances.

Heh. I think if I posted pictures of my apartment, no one would call me a "J" anymore. Or heck, my work area at the office for that matter, which is more organized than my apartment is by far, but still a huge mess. :blush:

Random thoughts though. You typed Chris Farley as ISFP and I imagine you as a Chris Farley type of guy.

Friendly as hell and a bit off his rocker. :D

:yes: That describes me well, and if I had ever gotten into drinking and drugs like Farley did, I would also very likely have died from the excesses.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That Jeffster. What a wacky guy! You are so ISFP.

Edahn is the ancient Apache-German word that means "totally wrong a lot, but good at Skeeball", which means he has to have a nemesis and a sidekick, both with less "cool" names than his. Like Egbert.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That Jeffster. What a wacky guy! You are so ISFP.

You're s'posed to explain how you came to this conclusion, though. ;)

Edahn is the ancient Apache-German word that means "totally wrong a lot, but good at Skeeball", which means he has to have a nemesis and a sidekick, both with less "cool" names than his. Like Egbert.

:D You always crack me up, Pink. So....what is your sister wearing right now? :cool:

wolfy

awsm
Is posting to get a reaction really a sign of E though? I haven't heard of anyone else making that contention so it's interesting to me. I have been reading and re-reading "Please Understand Me II" and the place I see "Yearning for Impact" is in the Artisan/SP temperament description, rather than anything specifically about extroverts. But I'm of course willing to listen to explanations of how it could be.

Huh huh huh huh...you said "69." :D

What constitutes a "J job"? What would be an example of a "P job" for that matter?

Motherly vibe? Well, I guess that might be the single parent thing, I often have to act as mother and father just by the nature of my circumstances.

Heh. I think if I posted pictures of my apartment, no one would call me a "J" anymore. Or heck, my work area at the office for that matter, which is more organized than my apartment is by far, but still a huge mess. :blush:

:yes: That describes me well, and if I had ever gotten into drinking and drugs like Farley did, I would also very likely have died from the excesses.

OK Good points. ISFP. 69:nice:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're s'posed to explain how you came to this conclusion, though. ;)

You "feel" ISFP to me. *feels the Jeffster* Yep. ISFP!

I don't know. Playful, optimistic, sentimental, curious, and Fi.

:D You always crack me up, Pink. So....what is your sister wearing right now? :cool:

Her "I heart Jeffster" t-shirt and ruffly panties, of course. What else?

Atomic Fiend

Seriously as someone who probably speaks to you more then anyone else in the thread, I honestly believe you with 99% of my heart to be ISFP.

And I can say that, and you can know it holds weight cause I don't declare a type unless I'm pretty fricken sure, no lol wuts, ifs, or buts about it.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Jeffster is a Red Raider fan (or was it the Aggies?), so I figure he's a masochist.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You "feel" ISFP to me. *feels the Jeffster* Yep. ISFP!

I don't know. Playful, optimistic, sentimental, curious, and Fi.

FEEL free to FEEL me anytime, baby! :devil:

Her "I heart Jeffster" t-shirt and ruffly panties, of course. What else?

When is she gonna send me some pics? :D

Seriously as someone who probably speaks to you more then anyone else in the thread, I honestly believe you with 99% of my heart to be ISFP.

And I can say that, and you can know it holds weight cause I don't declare a type unless I'm pretty fricken sure, no lol wuts, ifs, or buts about it.

I don't doubt your belief, your weight, or your lol wuts, I just want you to actually back up your assessment with REASONS or SUPPORT of some kind. :yes:

Jeffster is a Red Raider fan (or was it the Aggies?), so I figure he's a masochist.

Red Raiders GOOOD. aggies BAAAD.

And you're right, each year I hope but always wait for that devastating loss that crushes the season. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm lazy, I'll do it in the morning how bout that?

muppets-animal170x200.jpg

OKIE DOKIE.

wolfy

awsm
So, you gonna explain the difference in P and J jobs to me or what? :)

Any type can do any job but
J would lean towards jobs with a defined method to work within and a goal to work towards
P would lean towards jobs with a defined system to manipulate and a goal as a direction.

I'm a baker by trade and I thought about buying a franchise but I couldn't stand not being able to mess with the system.

I know you work out the back but if I was at Subway I'd have to mess with the meat and vege selection.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
How did you get a mod who follows you around the board lapping up all your posts? You rock dear Jeffster that is my analysis:newwink:.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think it's a myth that introverts don't have this feeling as well, it is just that too much extraverting drains them and they must budget it, but online is very liberating for many introverts, allows communication at the time when they feel most up to it and they can pick and choose who and what they reply to and for how long, to what degree etc. Real life does not give these options.

Oy. I didn't say introverts don't show enthusiasm. You keep inverting my statements. You keep saying post count isn't PROOF. I never said it was proof. It's just consistent with and likely.

heart

heart on fire
Oy. I didn't say introverts don't show enthusiasm. You keep inverting my statements. You keep saying post count isn't PROOF. I never said it was proof. It's just consistent with and likely.

It's neither consistent nor more likelyfor either I or E.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's neither consistent nor more likelyfor either I or E.

No, you're wrong. You're ignoring probabilities. Is it plausible to assume that an introvert would post less than an extrovert? Absolutely. Your objections are irrelevant because you haven't provided any evidence whatsoever to show that that hypothesis is IMPLAUSIBLE. You've just said that "it's not always the case" based on your own theory about posting style which was likewise unsupported and just mere conjecture, like Jack Flak's.